[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

After which arc Naruto became shit for you? Pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

After which arc Naruto became shit for you?
Pic related
>>
>>153080006
After Pain ark
>>
>>153080006
The second they did the timeskip

The Naruto vs Sasuke fight on the lake was where the series ended in my canon
>>
>>153080006
After the first few ones.
I'd say at around the 30th episode mark, it just kind of starts going to shit. Not at a rapid rate, but very surely still.

It vexes me too, because I really liked the world and setting, and the characters and plot was quite alright. It's like Kishimoto had some really good initial ideas but then ran out and spent years and years producing mediocrity (with the odd awfulness).

Everything about Naruto as a series feels like wasted potential.
>>
Personally I felt it was always a bit shit, but it had its moments (both before and after the timeskip) that made it kind of worth the hours of below-average storytelling. At its best the show was 9/10, and at its worst it was probably like 2/10, but overall I feel it was about 6/10.
>>
Chuunin exam. That's where things went full magical retard and, despite having few decent arcs afterwards, it never really recovered.
>>
>>153080006
Episode 1
>>
>>153080006
When Kaguya backstabbed Madara. Madara should've been the final villain. Kaguya was a downgrade.
>>
When Sasuke ditched them and they decided to go chasing after him. Mostly because the teamwork from earlier in the series had been replaced by a series of one on one fights.
>>
>>153080006
After Hidan and Kakuzu. Also, the more rellevant Sasuke was, the worst the series became.
>>
File: 1405398859761.jpg (32KB, 396x353px) Image search: [Google]
1405398859761.jpg
32KB, 396x353px
>/a/ has reached the point where Naruto threads are accepted
>>
i'm mostly fine with the whole series. it's too early to judge but i'm fairly uninterested in boruto.
>>
File: 1486178998510.jpg (71KB, 546x896px) Image search: [Google]
1486178998510.jpg
71KB, 546x896px
>>153080006
Hidan and kakuzu deaths were fucking bullshit i lost hope for the series after that
Not even a good writing to justify their deaths
>Ayy it wasnt shikamaru's blood
>Ayy kakuzu cant kill kakashi despite hes can kill a lot of ninjas on his own
>The power of friendship defeated kakuzu
>>
>>153083827
That's been the case for three years now sadly
>>
The one where Tobi uses a genjutsu on Naruto where all he can see are repeating integers. God the war arc was so bad.
>>
Where they showed naruro still needing a clone to make a rasengan. What the fuck was the point of 2 years of training if he didn't learn shit.
>>
around the time itachi was revealed to be a "good guy" and sasuke became full edge / the end of pain arc
>>
>>153080006
Entire Shippuuden was shit. SHit music, shit story and powerlevel crap. Early Naruto was very comfy especially Zabuza arc. Now when I think about it, it's the same shit with Bleach. Everything becomes shit after SS arc.
>>
>>153080006
Honestly I enjoyed Naruto the whole way down.

I consider the serious, actually emotionally significant arc of Naruto to end right as he defeats Pain. Then you can skip to his fight with Sasuke and be allright.

But I loved the war, all the silly craziness and extending to the extreme the powers of the series, it was fun.
>>
It stopped being amazing after the chunin exams
It stopped being great aftefr the time skip
it stopped being good after the Pein fight
>>
Sasuke rescue arc

Shit hit the fan with the timeskip
>>
The last bit I really enjoyed was after they found Sasuke again after the timeskip. The Gaara Rescue arc had some good fights with Deidara and Sasori, but not much after that was worth it. It was where Sakura got to show herself being useful after her training but after that, she was never really useful again. I think the whole thing with Tobi = Obito could've been handled much better than it was. Basically everything involving higher level Sharingan powers like Susano'o, Eternal, and whatever else was where the shark was jumped. Mangekyo was fine as long as it had the significant drawback of losing your eyesight eventually, but it ended up being ruined. Pain was okay, but he was overblown and the whole thing about the Sage's eyes should've just been a myth and the eyes themselves should've just been a weird mutation or some shit.

Naruto had its good moments and some really shit ones, but reading it to the end put some things in perspective about it. Regardless of what people on /a/ say about it, it's a thing that will never go away and that just needs to be accepted. People grew up with this shit, and even if went to shit really bad, it still has room to be discussed.
>>
It was good untill the war arc/samurai summit.
Kishi had to tie things together and the overall quality massively suffered from trying to end the series.
>>
>>153091867
The Summit was where shit hit the fan and Kishi shit the bed with Tobi's info dump and war declaration. It was nice seeing the Raikage beat the everloving shit out of Barbeque Sauce. The Kage got to show off a little and it was glorious while it lasted, but then the quality suffered outside of the few good fights that happened there. I feel like Danzo ended up being udnerused though. He was one of the few cool wind users and his arm shit was fucking nutty.
>>
>Shounen
>Ever not being shit
>>
>>153080006

The introduction of killer bee
>>
>>153092207
I thought he was an okay character. He at least had an interesting fighting style. Annoying, yeah, but they needed to give Naruto a mentor who could help him learn to harness his inner monster. Kishi chose someone who was a little quirky like Naruto was, just in a crappy way.
>>
>>153092207
Pretty much. Wasn't that right after Itachi died?
Felt like everything came crashing down after that.
>>
>>153092054
Danzo seemed pointless, Kishi could have cut like half the characters in the post time skip and it would have been much better
>>
>>153080006
never. shippuden was always a really good anime with shit from time to time (mainly fillers and excess of flashbacks)
>>
>>153080006
This was the last good fight in the series until the massive power creep after Pain's death
>>
File: 1484935604305.png (157KB, 471x337px) Image search: [Google]
1484935604305.png
157KB, 471x337px
>>153080006
After Chunnin Exams, never mind that Naruto was already shit because of a retarded and useless main character that somehow wins because of "determination" and "xD most surprising ninja xDDDD", but i still watch tolerable shit.

After that we have Kishimoto going full retard with bloodlines, Sharigan wank non stop and Rinnegan reset button being the worst offenders and it pissed me off because it made Lee's and Gai's(the only characters i even cared for by now) hard work Aesop a moot point and just validated Neji's early "Fate" bullshit.

Then we have an out of control villain sue that needed an even bigger mary sue to be finished off in the end and the author said "fuck it!" and needed more ass pulls and powercreep magic because he wrote himself into a corner, again(Pein).
>>
>>153080006
Ever since the first Sasuke appearance in shippuden.
>>
>>153093358
Thats actually where I dropped the anime.
In manga it was fine seeing op sasuke beat everyone.
>>
>>153080006
After they rescued gaara, I still stuck with it for a bit hoping it would get better.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.