[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was this the best storytime in /a/'s history? What are some

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: 2489h.jpg (294KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
2489h.jpg
294KB, 1024x768px
Was this the best storytime in /a/'s history? What are some other notable storytimes or events that's happened in /a/ in the past?

Also, general screencap/famous /a/ moments thread
>>
File: cap.jpg (2MB, 2000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
cap.jpg
2MB, 2000x1600px
>>153077287
>>
I miss Gash threads.
>>
>>153079534
I do too anon.

I just wish the series got discussed more in general. Aside from the storytime, they all seem to die after less then 15 posts and one only gets made every 3-4 weeks.
>>
>>153079595
Well there isn't much to discuss. At least during the storytimes we had the story moving the thread forward.

If you just make a Gash Bell thread you'll get a couple of people saying it's good and a couple others talk about their favorite demons and that's it. At most 50 posts.
>>
File: 1475970957238.png (490KB, 1779x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1475970957238.png
490KB, 1779x1400px
>Was this the best storytime in /a/'s history?
yes
>>
>>153077287

The rise and fall of moot
>>
>>153079695
I don't see why there's inherently any less about to disscuss then any of the manga/anime /a/ does have constant threads about.

Is there really any less to disscuss in gash then there is in say, HxH, jojo or Dragon ball super or even fucking naruto
>>
>>153079790
Most of the constant threads are about stuff that's still updating either weekly or monthly.

HxH being the exception everything else is still going or has a new series (DB super, Boruto)
>>
>>153079595
>>153079695

Gash doesn't leave a lot to discuss because, unlike a lot of other manga stories, it was obviously designed from the ground up and thought out well ahead of time. The magic system makes sense, the plot and game rules make sense, it progresses at a steady pace, slow enough to keep up with easily but fast enough that you always cling to the good times when they end, and every major character gets a well developed and completed arc.

It is literally written so well from a meta-plot and character stand point that it doesn't leave many theorists, what ifs, loose threads, or sequel fan fiction to work with. It's literally too good for its own good.

The weakest part is the final boss arc, but even that gets wrapped up well and doesn't detract from the rest of the series.

Most of the talking points about manga are from hypothesizing cunts because a series left didn't explain things well enough or just cast too wide a net.
>>
>>153079847
>it was obviously designed from the ground up and thought out well ahead of time. The magic system makes sense, the plot and game rules make sense, it progresses at a steady pace, slow enough to keep up with easily but fast enough that you always cling to the good times when they end, and every major character gets a well developed and completed arc.

I have to disagree with the "thought out well ahead of time" parts.

The first 12 volumes are villian of the week segments with comedy/slice of life chapters intersperesed. It doesn't really find itself till volume 12 when the millenium demon arc starts. And as you said, the Clear arc seems rushed and slapped on.
>>
>>153079847
>>153080245
Raiku is just a good story teller.

But yea he might have had an overall plan but I really don't think he thought it all up from the start.

I think he made up Faudo on the spot.
>>
>>153077516
Honestly the entire last chapter of naruto was glorious. Eugenics.
>>
YOU KNOW WHOS GOT THE POWER
>>
Gash was a pretty strong manga, but the Ancient Mamodo and Faudo arcs went on too long for their own good. I enjoyed the final arc so much partially because the pacing was so perfect.
>>
>>153080709
Really? Faudo maybe a bit but I thought the ancient demon arc was just the right length, it only lasts 6 volumes.

The only arc I think really goes on too long is the intial villian of the week stuff, if that can be considered an arc.
>>
File: kanchome 3.png (323KB, 635x382px) Image search: [Google]
kanchome 3.png
323KB, 635x382px
What went so right?
>>
>>153080709
The whole thing was the demon king tournament. Do you know who won?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.