[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

did it leap the shark in this moment

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 9

File: untitled.bmp.JPEG.jpg (68KB, 753x527px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.bmp.JPEG.jpg
68KB, 753x527px
did it leap the shark in this moment
>>
Definitely the beginning of the end. I wish writers would just let magic be magic without coming up with a deep explanation for how everything works.
>>
>>153062930
>trigger
>explaining things
You do know that they made Luluco right after this, right?
>>
What is up with that picture? Typical triggernigger
>>
File: 14165489494.png (693KB, 848x480px) Image search: [Google]
14165489494.png
693KB, 848x480px
>>153061808
>mpcfags unable to take a screenshot with subs unless they take a screenshot of their entire desktop
mpv is literally the best player
>>
I felt like the show went down beforehand, but that moment isn't a bad place to start.
>>
>>153061808
Your pretty good.
>>
It went to shit the very second Nui showed up
>>
>>153062930
That's far from being a "deep explanation" though.
>>
>>153061808
> He didn't unhinge his brain and get swept along for the wild ride
>>
>>153061808
>>153062930
>>153064590
Not appreciating the life fibers explanation is a sign of low intelligence.
The parasitic clothing, somewhere in between the monolith of 2001 and the demons of Devilman, were pure genius.
>>
>>153064864
kys
>>
Nui is when we realized that klk went from the edge of edge to OVER THE EDGE.

Nui is like a /b/tard tumor walking and talking. Nui is quite literally an edgier Jar jar binks.
>>
Honestly, there were two signs we could take of KLK slipping some; those being the failure to establish a full arc of Nui and having Tsumugu shuffled off similarly. While we still got an enjoyable show, many characters were slammed by the pacing and never really got the opportunity to be in the limelight. Nui fails as a midboss because Ragyo comes flying in on a fucking rainbow and cuts short any rivalry with Ryuko and the life-fiber bullet is entirely ignored.

There were other speculated plot threads (heh) that may have gotten cut as well, all of which could have made the show more robust.
>>
File: stop.gif (1MB, 301x169px) Image search: [Google]
stop.gif
1MB, 301x169px
>>153065171
>>
>>153065171
Kiss my what?
>>
>>153065648
>failure to establish a full arc of Nui
Nui concluded her arc killing herself for Ragyo. Her purpose was being the opposite of Ryuko and Satsuki, the subservient daughter that only lives for her mother.
>cuts short any rivalry with Ryuko
Ryuko got over her rivalry with Nui by the time she met her again in episode 18.
That's what the character development with putting Senketsu (and herself) together was for.
>>
>>153065872
Bah. You're not entirely wrong, but that means Nui's role in the plot is put in suspended animation for nearly a whole season.By the time we get back around to it it's stale as hell and doesn't add anything.

I'm not saying DiscoMILF wasn't a hard act to open for, but it was really unsatisfying to have it turn out that way.
>>
>>153065976
>Nui's role in the plot is put in suspended animation for nearly a whole season.
Not really, it all boiled down to Ryuko's motivation. After Nui made her go berserk and Mako made her realize the futility of revenge, she had no purpose. Nui even trolled her into fighting to protect the oppressed, but it was something Ryuko didn't believe in the slightest so she lost, literally having her identity teared into pieces.
The following arc was about finding herself again and having a reason to fight she could believe in (protecting Senketsu and then her "adoptive family").
>>
File: raining blood.jpg (455KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
raining blood.jpg
455KB, 1280x720px
>implying Satsuki's rebellion arc wasn't the high point of the series
Faggots, all of you.
>>
>>153066654
The best part of the show was the battle with the elite four, everything after that was farbage.
>>
>>153066654
A shame they blew the entire second season's budget in those 2 episodes.
>>153066730
The fights against Gamagori and Inumuta sucked. It only picked up again with Nonon.
>>
>>153061808
I thought that the crazy premise went along with the rest of show
>>
This was the last good moment of the show, although the finale was decent.
>>
>>153061808
It had already fallen off the rails by that point. Elections arc with nothing happening (until Nui showed up out of nowhere), followed by the equally pointless trip arc.

I actually liked the last third, but just didn't care that much about the show anymore by that point.
>>
>>153068238
Nah. The last Ryuko vs Satsuki fight and this scene were great as well.
>>
>>153068967

>let me bow
>there everything I did to you, including all the pain and suffering I put you through, is fixed by this

She deserved to have her face bashed, shoved to the ground, and a foot grinding on her head. On top of that, dumb shit ruined the show in general:

>lifefiber bullet in general
>If Ryuuko is immortal why didn't she just instantly beat Satsuki in episode 3 by pure endurance
>alien asspull
>Ryuuko can somehow make up shit like blades, flying, and sound barriers, but she never utilizes these abilities or has new abilities in the later episodes
>Senketsu is destroyed in episode 12 for dramatic effect, yet this is instantly thrown away with him coming back in the next episode
>Senketsu NEVER GETS AN UPGRADE despite episode 12/13 being the perfect excuse to make a Senketsu V2
>final fight is utter shit
>OVA is utter shit
>random asspull to kill Senketsu at the end of the show for even more dramatic effect
>Satsuki is "muh resolve" through the entire show and never gets development via losing her way, going berserk, or so on (and getting saved by Ryuuko)
>>
>>153069297
Satsuki was ready to have her shit beaten by Ryuko, and Ryuko didn't forgive her because she bowed. She forgave her after seeing the Devas putting their lifes on the line for her and realizing they were the same.
>If Ryuuko is immortal why didn't she just instantly beat Satsuki in episode 3 by pure endurance
Because her life fibers were sealed.
>alien asspull
>>153065045
>Ryuuko can somehow make up shit like blades, flying, and sound barriers, but she never utilizes these abilities or has new abilities in the later episodes
What are you talking about? Both Ryuko and Satsuki use those abilities constantly.
>Senketsu is destroyed in episode 12 for dramatic effect, yet this is instantly thrown away with him coming back in the next episode
>>153066478
>Senketsu NEVER GETS AN UPGRADE despite episode 12/13 being the perfect excuse to make a Senketsu V2
He gets one at the end.
>final fight is utter shit
Nah.
>OVA is utter shit
Why?
>random asspull to kill Senketsu at the end of the show for even more dramatic effect
Girls have to grow out of their sailor uniforms.
>Satsuki is "muh resolve" through the entire show and never gets development via losing her way, going berserk, or so on (and getting saved by Ryuuko)
Literally being utterly defeated and humiliated by her mother and this scene >>153068967
, are you serious?
>>
>>153069297
The fights were the worst part of the second half.

Eps 3 and 15 were the fights with amazing fight choreography with great animation and then it went to shit when Ryuko went full Korra.

That was the best part of the series and they let me down once again.
>>
>>153069766
Episodes 18, 21 and 24 had fights with solid animation.
>>
What did she mean by this?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.