[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is your guys' honest opinion on FLCL?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

File: flcl_sequel-1200x938.jpg (87KB, 960x750px) Image search: [Google]
flcl_sequel-1200x938.jpg
87KB, 960x750px
What is your guys' honest opinion on FLCL?
>>
>>153006454
It was okay.
>>
Favorite anime. I'm aware some of it may be rose-tinted glasses since I watched it at a time when a coming of age story was much more poignant, but I still love it to pieces. I still listen to the Pillows all the time even now.
>>
>>153006499
You put it best.
>>
>>153006499
I remember watching it when I was like 11 and I actually connected a lot with all the shit that Naota had to deal with.

The early 2000s in general were both a weird and amazing time for me, the 90's were complete garbage, both in television and in real life.
>>
File: 1391881430474.gif (995KB, 335x272px) Image search: [Google]
1391881430474.gif
995KB, 335x272px
>>153006454
Essential viewing. A rare 10/10.
>>
I thought it was really good and aged very well. It told the story it set out to.
>>
It wasn't that good but I liked the soundtrack
>>
>>153006454
One of the few masterpieces to come out of commercial Japanese animation, easily holds it's own amongst the best of any art form.
>>
>>153006653
people like the OST for nostalgia
>>
It's pretty damn overrated, but I understand most of its fans have a childhood nostalgia for it that I can't relate to since I was basically an adult when it started airing in the US
>>
>>153007651
To be fair, it was probably a show that resonated with a lot of Toonami teens.
>>
>>153006454
An interesting anime experiment at best.
A shit at worst.
>>
>>153007834
Agreed. A lot of the animation was well done, but it was wasted on action sequences that ultimately had no consequence on the plot or characters in any tangible way.

The story itself isn't anything special either. NGE painted a much better picture adolescent angst five years prior. This is ultimately why I don't like FLCL at all. It's so enamored with being stylish that it never bothers to give its characters, story, or setting any substance.
>>
>>153008492
>action sequences that ultimately had no consequence on the plot or characters in any tangible way
What

I can't think of an anime with action sequences more relevant to plot and themes than FLCL

Also the merit of the show isn't that the story is special, it's its extremely high formal elegance and unusual method of delivery. It's not about adolescent angst, it's about puberty from the POV of a normal boy. EVA is all about people who are not normal and it has a much broader scope not limited to adolescence.
>>
lolsorandumb shit that plebs enjoy only because of nostalgia/the soundtrack.

>inb4 muh coming of age
>>
>>153006454
It fucking sucks, overrated piece of american pandering shit.
>>
File: Excel.Saga.full.231085.jpg (106KB, 500x753px) Image search: [Google]
Excel.Saga.full.231085.jpg
106KB, 500x753px
Excel Saga did it better.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b69Hyo31sI
>>
It's great.
>>
It's obviously a masterpiece.
>>
>>153008930
>>153008796
no
>>
reminder its getting two new seasons
>>
>>153006454

Overrated.

Still worth watching because of its amazing style and soundtrack. Haruko should've been the final boss/10.
>>
Gotta wonder if all those people spouting "it has no plot, lol random" have ADD or other mental deficiencies. It's not like saying "I think the plot sucks" - that's subjective and understandable.But saying it does not have one or it's almost nonexistent is a factually incorrect statement.

It's not even a TOO DEEP FOR YOU situation - it's a complete inability to follow a story unless it is delivered through exposition monologues every 5 minutes. It honestly put more plot and character development in 6 episodes than a lot of anime do in two seasons.
>>
>>153006454
Too american to be anime but at least not as bad as Space Dabdy.
>>
>>153006454
painfully meh
>>
This shit is what got me into anime. Im just waiting for season two, just hope they dont fuck it up some how.
>>
File: 1406927404254.jpg (433KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
1406927404254.jpg
433KB, 740x740px
>>153009131
>It honestly put more plot and character development in 6 episodes than a lot of anime do in two seasons
>>
>>153009164
>Too american to be anime
You must have gotten bullied in high school a lot.
>>
>>153009164
>Too american to be anime
Are you basing this literally on the south park gag? Because the rest of the show is as anime as it gets.
>>
So what are you guys hoping for for the sequel?
>>
I have no strong opinion about it one way or the other.
>>
>>153009542
He's right though.
>>
File: 02 - Fire Starter.webm (449KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
02 - Fire Starter.webm
449KB, 960x720px
>>153006454
Literally one of my favourite things of all time period.
>>
rare 10/10

essentially the best thing gainex ever did.
>>
I didn't watch it as a kid, but when I watch it now it gives me a stronger feeling of nostalgia than anything else.
>>
>>153010178
The fact that anyone considers FLCL's "plot" to be anything to write home about is just laughable.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.