[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Steins;Gate

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: okabe.jpg (80KB, 550x800px) Image search: [Google]
okabe.jpg
80KB, 550x800px
why is this so critically acclaimed?
Sure the plot was nice and Kurisu was my waifu but Okabe's chuuni shit and El Psy Congroo was some of the most cringeworthy shit i've ever seen
>>
>>153004684

I thought so too but finding out the reason why he does that shit really helped develop his character for me. This is also coming from someone who played the VN and that consisted of a lot of internal dialogue from Okabe.
>>
>critically acclaimed
>was my waifu
>cringeworthy
>making a whole thread for this
Kill yourself
>>
Aren't you missing the point? Even Okabe knows it's cringe worthy. I hated it at first, but by S;G 0 you start to miss that vibrant chuuni side and they use Hououin Kyoma to great effect.
>>
>>153004684
It's not cringe if the character is tall and handsome.
>>
>>153004684
It's Kongroo.
>>
What does 4chan think "critically acclaimed" means? What critics have acclaimed Steins;Gate? I can't think of any
>>
Yea im sure Kurisu is your waifu since your probably on your third anime ever. PROTIP: For your generation, stop saying "cringe". It outs you as a millennial retard with nothing to say.
>>
>>153007130
And what does 4chan think "millennial" means? Everyone under 35yo is a "millennial"
>>
>>153005112
He's tall but ugly, therefore it's cringe.
>>
>>153004684
As long as you remember that it is a commentary on you, the reader, it won't bother you.
>>
If youre concerned about watching cringeworthy shit you shouldnt be watching japanese cartoons
>>
>>153004684
>why is this so critically acclaimed?
Is it?

But I think the reason it's liked is the same as the Kiseki series, though to a lesser extent.

It builds up the characters quietly for a good while in a fun, low-key manner. Their worlds, their personal spheres, how they interact with the people around them.

While stuff does happen in this period, it's nothing compared to that turning point where everything suddenly explodes.

It builds all that then tears it down, catapulting the characters chaotically forward as they scramble to deal with that.

It puts a value on peace and what is lost when it turns to war.
>>
>>153004684
Okabe is an otaku stereotype. The entire show is a parody of Akihabara culture: maid cafes, 2Chan, waifus, cosplay, etc. Its supposed to be comedic.

If you didnt find it funny, you probably just dont I've a taste for jap humor.
>>
>>153008897
>Ugly
Other characters say he's not great looking but he's handsome.
>>
>>153010594
If he's not great looking then he isn't handsome.
>>
File: 1485563729359.jpg (1MB, 1254x1771px) Image search: [Google]
1485563729359.jpg
1MB, 1254x1771px
>>153004684
It's because it has Suzuha.
>>
Mayuri a shit
>>
>>153010623
I know you don't get out much but "handsome" is more about proportions of the face. Also, Japan has different standards of beauty.
>>
File: 423432423.jpg (37KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
423432423.jpg
37KB, 1280x720px
It's got the cutest couple in anime

>>153008897
Okabe isn't really tall, AFAIK he's 1,77m, which is just average/above average maybe. I dunno, i think you can be considered tall if you're like 1,85+.

Also he's fucking handsome, at least anime Okabe is. VN Okabe is weird
>>
What makes Kurisu so cute and best when I normally fucking hate tsundere
>>
File: 2016-12-09-042353.jpg (115KB, 960x544px) Image search: [Google]
2016-12-09-042353.jpg
115KB, 960x544px
>>153004684
sure you aren't just jealous the "cringworthy" guy got your waifu?
>>
>>153011587
>I time-leaped here just to laugh at you
>>
>>153011392
>177cm in nipland
he's tall as fuck
>>
>>153011761
>Implying nipland is relevant
I'm talking about global shit here
>>
>>153004684
He was ironically cringey
>>
>>153011856
in-universe he is tall. fuck off with your autistic shitposting
>>
>>153011856
It's the only thing that matters in this discussion I know you're trying to manletbait
He's tall relative to the girls, so it's only a question of how handsome he is
>>
>>153011761
That's like 5 cm above average height so not really.
>>
>>153011511
The rare circumstance that against Okabe her reactions aren't too out of place.
Tends towards sharp retorts, not generic abuse.
Her tsun is a mimicking of the delivery, but leaning towards long-suffering and exasperated more than abusive.
Has a measure of self-awareness.

She sometimes plays the part but isn't defined by it, mostly it's just her standing her ground. Okabe pushes her and she pushes back, and she doesn't dislike that dynamic once she gets more of a read on him.
>>
>>153004684
Why do people keep making this thread?
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.