[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why do only fatefags spam "Read the VN"? Why don't

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 6

File: image.jpg (27KB, 462x460px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
27KB, 462x460px
Why do only fatefags spam "Read the VN"?

Why don't other fanbases encourage reading the source material as much as fatefags do?
>>
Because they know their source material is actually shit and the anime actually made it better, unlike Fate, which ACTUALLY has a good source material and the anime made it look bad.
>>
>>153001965
> he hasn't seen any seacats threads.
>>
>>153001965
Almost all fanbases say this even when they shouldn't. Yes, LNfags, this is directed at you.
>>
Because of how long Fate is it's impossible to adapt properly within the short timeframe that a 2cour anime series provides.
>>
>>153002083
Index LN is good though.
>>
>>153002044
fpbp
>>
File: 1484253223966.jpg (6KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1484253223966.jpg
6KB, 125x125px
>Wanting to be a primary of this shit
>Spending 60+ hours reading a shitty VN
>He actually enabled the sex scenes for the "full" experience
>>
>>153002044
>The VN is boring and generic as shit
Guess i'll not watch the anime.
>>
>>153002182
Who are you quoting?
>>
>>153001965
Are you sure we went to the same /a/?

That shit happens to every single LN and VN anime threads, and to a good number of manga adaptations as well.
>>
Are there more sufferable fans than fatefags?
There are other LN and VN anime adaptations, but I don't see the "primaries" encouraging the source material.
>>
Every fan base of something will tell you to read the original source material because pretty much every time an adaptation to a different medium is made changes and often sacrifices have to be made to make it fit in the alternative medium.

For Fate, first there's the fact that since a VN isn't tied to episode count that it simply is long enough that adoptions are by necessity shortened. Also adapting a first person narrative to a third person narrative by necessity strips out a lot of context.
>>
>>153002200
No the VN is actually good. It's just popular so you know how 4chan gets with that.
>>
File: 1485154892745.jpg (437KB, 1508x1493px) Image search: [Google]
1485154892745.jpg
437KB, 1508x1493px
>>153002296
>encouraging reading a major part of /a/ board culture is "insufferable"
>>
>>153001965
What are you on about?
Every thread about anime based on VN/LN has people spamming 'fucking secondaries' every second post.
>>
It's more like
>Read the VN
>Then watch the Zero anime because the LNs are terrible
>Next play the HA vn
>Next up you gotta read the materials books for each of them to actually understand most of the lore and clarify what is and isn't retconned by now
>Also check out the Garden of Avalon drama cd plus novella while you're at it
>Okay so now play the PSP spinoff rpg and read a summary of its untranslated sequel
>Plus the materials for them
>Now you can watch Apocrypha since the anime has probably started by the time you reach this point and the LNs are not translated and suck
>Cool now start playing the mobile game and use a mixture of the incomplete TLs and shitposting in /fgog/ until nip speakers correct you to learn what happens
>Now play Extella and make sure to shitpost in /fgog/ some more until nip speakers tell you what parts of its localisation sucked
>Now read the GO/Extella materials' incomplete TLs and also listen to the Drama CDs
>Cool, now you can start reading the manga adaptations or spinoffs of all the above - using raws if needed
>At this point you should do the same for all the Tsukihime franchise
>Then scour Beast's Lair for interview translations scattered among thousands of threads
>And finally watch Carnival Phantasm and make sure you saw the OVAs for Zero and the UBW anime series
>Wait five years at this point and you should be able to watch the Heaven's Feel films too. Hopefully.
>>
>>153002464
Yeah, I like how it scares off newfags due to the sheer amount of content.
>>
File: image.jpg (70KB, 854x802px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
70KB, 854x802px
>>153002464
>recommending all the videogames
>>
>>153002733
>being a secondary
He didn't recommebd all of them, by the by
>>
File: smug irishman.png (232KB, 399x405px) Image search: [Google]
smug irishman.png
232KB, 399x405px
>>153002464
>encouraging consumption of any of the new trash other than Strange Fake (maybe)
>>
>>153002768
Let me rephrase

>recommending any of the videogames

Extra was shit and Extella is typical musou trash. I need not even mention GO
>>
>>153002862
t. EOP who hasn't played at least 2/3 of those
>>153002854
GO is gonna be crucial going forward for pretty much every new Fate work.
>>
Because VN is that shit and fatefags are that autistic.
>>
>>153002911
>caring about "new Fate work" like Extella
>getting involved with FGO cancer
You deserve all the disappointment you're gonna get.
>>
File: 1483119583666.jpg (4MB, 1450x10000px) Image search: [Google]
1483119583666.jpg
4MB, 1450x10000px
Is there an updated version of this?
>>
>>153002959
GO isn't a disappointment though.
>>
>>153002226
the delusional fan base, of course.
>>
>>153002963
i'm too lazy to even read that
>>
>>153001965
Probably because the first Fate anime was hot garbage.
>>
>>153002963
Don't even need an updated version.
>implying any fate media past SN, Zero, and HA is worth consuming

>>153003068
This is why you're a fucking secondary
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.