[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Shonen then >good guy kills bad guys >crying is a healthy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: images.jpg (9KB, 277x182px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 277x182px
Shonen then

>good guy kills bad guys
>crying is a healthy way of displaying emotion and is manly

Shonen now

>good guy beats up the bad guys. Bad guys may decide not to be bad anymore and are forgiven
>crying is a sight of weaknesses and its truly pitiful when it happens. Only women are allowed to cry

What gives /a/?
>>
I am not sure I agree with that.
>>
>>152998203
Different eras and shit
>>
People are fake and gay
>>
>>152998203
Blame DragonBall Z
>>
except that in hotns everyone recanted on their deathbed and got an honorary death because "muh love" or "muh famirry"
>>
>>152998203
About crying... unsure about it in general, but One Piece does this frequently and it's one of the few things I loved about it.
>>
>>152999894
"Please, take her sword and carry on her dream...." *tears*
"Owner Zeff! Thank you for everything you have done for me!" *tears the whole time*
"Sooorrryyyy!!!!" *tears all day*
>>
>>152999894
One Piece is 20 years old.
>>
>>152998203
isn't shonen full of crybaby MCs?
>>
>actually draw men as a hero, performing acts of bravery and courage, saving his friends and the land
>today the "hero" is a generic gary stu in a fucking Japanese school uniform, hair is barely changed between MCs to make them appear "different"

Sasuga Japs.
>>
>>152998904
Way to miss the point
>>
>>153001978
it was literally sylvester stallone and bruce lee together
do not pretend as if they weren't following the trends set back then
>>
>>152998203
>shounen
Why would I care?
>>
>>153001978
Those kind of heroes are the tried hard formula of earning dedicated self insert betas from hs so they can get suckered into buying their volumes and merchandise. In this day and age, most popular manga are like that albeit half of them are so blatant that they don't receive the success they thought they would achieve.
>>
>>152998203
What's your point?
Men then
>muscular and tough

Men now
>twinks
>women prefer ones that look like women even if they themselves look nothing like a woman should
>>
>>152998203
Would probably get shat on for saying this but Naruto had lots of crying men.
>>
>>153003569
Tell me about it, it seems on every manly husbando comes at least 10 that one somehow feels more appropriate to call waifu instead.
>>
Just pointing out OPu actually didn't watch HnK and that if you're less than 30 and seeing this thread, you should watch or read it, to avoid parroting lel soviolent randumb memes and see what the story truly is about.
>>
>>153002545

At least those trends had something interesting. Now the MCs have barely any motivation or individual thought, they don't even need effort because the plot is laid down in front of them.

That's not something new, it's the Chosen One cliche which is already pretty crappy, but if it's so blatant and overused it becomes unbearable.
>>
>>153004732
>avoid parroting lel soviolent randumb memes

OP only mentioned two things that actually happen in HnK, Kenshiro kills baddies and cries. How is that a meme?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.