[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bleach

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 222
Thread images: 30

File: 684812.jpg (1MB, 1568x1145px) Image search: [Google]
684812.jpg
1MB, 1568x1145px
Why were the Sternritter fights so underwhelming? Which match ups would you change?
>>
File: bleach-5047707.png (93KB, 882x435px) Image search: [Google]
bleach-5047707.png
93KB, 882x435px
Giselle was the best Sternritter
>>
No buildup, we saw a lot of the arrancar before we saw many of them fight
>>
because regardless of what the captains did, the sternritter were always like 3 steps ahead of them.
>>
>>152958539
Askin was better.
>>
>>152958260
>Why were the Sternritter fights so underwhelming?
Because their powers and fighting style were something that would expect from a chuuni LN not a shonen manga
>>
Remove their arc
Let Bleach die when Aizen gets rekt
>>
>>152959114
What about the Soul King plot?
>>
Because there are too many of them, not enough buildup, and their powers are ridiculously OP.
>>
Is the drawfag here?
>>
>>152958260
I'd have Rangiku + Tres Beastias vs Femritters. Rangiku wouldn't get zombified and run into Harribel's fracciones who came with Kisuke because they want to find Harribel. They'd get ambushed by the femritters and the fights would breakdown as:
>Rangiku vs Giselle
Rangiku has a strong reaction to her captain being a zombie. She reveals her bankai and it's a nekomata so she can take control over the dead, but she needs to know where a dead body is if she wants to control. The change from Seireitei to Wadenreich changed whose buried there so she takes Bambietta away from Giselle but in her weakened zombie state she wouldn't put up much of a fight, but that's fine because the dead Rangiku really wants needs to take some time to arrive:Gin. We get a zombie Gin vs zombie Toshiro match and Rangiku manages to get Gisellw while she's distracted from the fight between the two zombies defeating her and saving her captain.
>Mila Rosa vs Liltotto
Don't have too much of an idea on this desu, but it was a match up to play on Mila Rosa's devour release command and Liltotto's eating ability.
>Apache vs Candice
Purely based on personality
>Sun-Sun vs Meninas
This is the last fight to be concluded Sun-Sun is actually having trouble so once her companions are done with their fights they come to help her out summoning Ayon. The femritter fights are concluded with a brutal smackdown between Ayon and Meninas.
>>
File: 0 139.png (509KB, 896x1400px) Image search: [Google]
0 139.png
509KB, 896x1400px
Haschwalth's fights seemed utterly pointless all-around. He should have fought Ichigo - he was the one who broke the Bankai, after all.

Lille Barro's fight seemed like it should have had more to do with 'accuracy' and guns, rather than multiplying birds and MAX INVULN cheat codes. If I could have Bleach be as complex and creative as I wanted, I'd have him fight with Hacchi. Imagine Hacchi finding ways to block the target by cleverly manipulating his barriers. Imagine Hacchi putting a box around a moving bullet and teleporting it in space to directly behind Lille's head - that kind of complex logic would have made the fight great.

Also, I really wanted Gerard/The Miracle's fight to be "sad", in a way - he'd get stronger and faster and more power of friendship-y after each defeat, rather than simply getting bigger. That's what would make him *miraculous*: he'd be like a shounen protagonist; getting up when nobody thought that he could possibly get up again, and proving stronger than ever before. If the fight had been done this way, his perfect match would have been Kenpachi. Still not exactly sure how Kenpachi lost against his big mode.

The only Vandenreich fight that actually appeased my tastes somewhat was Ichibei versus Yhwach. It was the highest-level fight that the series could possibly reach. No other fight in the entire series used force anywhere near the scale of their battle - if Ichigo had Ichimonji, he could've just 黒蟻'd Aizen/the Hougyoku and ended Deicide in one chapter. That's how different that fight was.
>>
File: Cor4QxUVIAAzIpk.jpg (183KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Cor4QxUVIAAzIpk.jpg
183KB, 1200x900px
I wish we saw a bit more interactions between the SR.
>>
File: matsumoto-rangiku.jpg (187KB, 1173x753px) Image search: [Google]
matsumoto-rangiku.jpg
187KB, 1173x753px
>>152961413
>Rangiku has a strong reaction to her captain being a zombie. She reveals her bankai and it's a nekomata so she can take control over the dead, but she needs to know where a dead body is if she wants to control. The change from Seireitei to Wadenreich changed whose buried there so she takes Bambietta away from Giselle but in her weakened zombie state she wouldn't put up much of a fight, but that's fine because the dead Rangiku really wants needs to take some time to arrive:Gin. We get a zombie Gin vs zombie Toshiro match and Rangiku manages to get Gisellw while she's distracted from the fight between the two zombies defeating her and saving her captain.
THIS
YES
PLEASE

I don't like that everyone and their mothers get bankai, but Rangiku animating zombie Gin to fight zombie Hitsugaya just sounds too good.
>>
>>152959013
Askin was the only good sternritter. Others were forgettable shit.
>>
>>152958260
zaraki vs the kid, Giselle vs mayuri and MAyuri vs hand were pretty good, other not so much
>>
>>152962532
>I don't like that everyone and their mothers get bankai
Same, but I always hoped Rangiku and Yumichika would get bankais because they more or less introduced their zanpaktou spirits and their relationships with them that if they achieved bankai it would indicate character growth for the two of them.
>>
>>152962532
Zombie Gin would be disrespect to the dead. Gin shouldn't even be dead, much less risen-again.
>>
>>152958260
>>152958260

1000 years to train these retards and they end up killing more of eachother than their enemy. Shitty kubo writing.
>>
>>152961661
such a waste. too many of the fights went 'oh no a scary ability! too bad i have just the ability to counter it lol'.<--- he does shit like this and then misues the vizards completely. they were the literal fucking antithesis to the quincy. Kubo needed a writer to help him.
>>
>>152962532
sadly rangiku wasnt powerful enough. i liked how her shikai was ashes though. strong death theme.
>>
>>152960831
This 100%.

I don't even remember the strong girl with the pink hair doing anything.

Gerard Valkyrie's fight was such a huge fucking disappointed. Literally just got bigger and wouldn't fucking die. Kubo's writing is piss.
>>
>>152965928
>sadly rangiku wasnt powerful enough
How? As far as feats go she's one of the stronger Vice-captains. She just never got a fight that kept focus.
>>
>>152966304
because she cant keep focus. she has a weak affinity with her sword.
>>
>>152965811
Almost like browsing a thread on a certain website at times.
>>
>>152966400
That's the exact reason why she should though. She, and Yumichika, both actually want to achieve bankai, and Rangiku states after Gin's death that she will motivate herself to it, the problem is she butts heads. That's the obstacle, and when you give characters and obstacle you want to give the expectation that they will overcome it. This is why Rukia and Hisagi getting bankais bother me, because neither of them struggled or worked for it or had any self actualization.
>>
>>152966695
>This is why Rukia and Hisagi getting bankais bother me, because neither of them struggled or worked for it or had any self actualization.

Rukia had tons of development over the course of the series to warrant achieving Bankai. Hisagi had at least as much reason to achieve Bankai as Rangiku did, and will likely be explored more in the upcoming LN.
>>
>>152959013
>Bambi>Yoruichi
Askin had shit taste.
>>
>>152966985
>Rukia had tons of development over the course of the series to warrant achieving Bankai
Not really. By all accounts she's the only one to lose to a fullbringer. My point is still that, with Renji's flashback with Ichibei, it suggests there was no real work to get it, just Ichibei telling them the name and suddenly they can walk through most sternritter while everybody else still ate dirt most of the arc. If Byakuya had stayed dead after teh first invasion I wouldn't be so mad about it, because the she'd have something new to develop and grow from, but that didn't so we just got "nee-sama acknowledged me" for the third time.

HIsagi didn't either. We ever see him actively want that power, just Kensei pushing him towards it without any real weight or character to it. Because Kubo doesn't like Hisagi, he just knows that the fans like him. If there was any reason for Hisagi to achieve bankai it was to get over his unwillingness to use his full power which he still has after achieving bankai because he never used it despite all the opportunities he had in the arc. Dude became a waste of panels in the grand scheme of the series.
>>
>>152968106
>By all accounts she's the only one to lose to a fullbringer
And the only non-Captain to defeat an Espada; besides in terms of emotional development over the course of the manga, Rukia overshadows any other Vice Captain, even Renji.

>with Renji's flashback with Ichibei, it suggests there was no real work to get it
You're overlooking that we literally saw both of them training their Reiatsu in the Royal Realm with Ichibei way prior to the flashback you're referring to.

>If there was any reason for Hisagi to achieve bankai it was to get over his unwillingness to use his full power which he still has after achieving bankai because he never used it despite all the opportunities he had in the arc

Achieving Bankai and Mastering Bankai are two different things; just because Hisagi could use Bankai doesn't mean he could control it (given the nature of his Zan). Also I don't really see how this is any less noble than Rangiku wanting to achieve Bankai; Tousen was to Hisagi a lot of what Gin was to Rangiku, minus the romantic aspects.
>>
>>152966985
Rukia and Renji had a shortcut in the RR.
>>
>>152968740
Renji had already achieved Bankai before going to the RR.

Rukai had already achieved Shikai long before the manga began, its not that unexpected she was able to obtain Bankai and had likely been working to achieve it for a while.
>>
>>152968475
>besides in terms of emotional development over the course of the manga
The problem is it's the same two plot points over and over again. Either acknowledgement of Byakuya or getting over Kaien's death. With losing Byakuya's actual death we lost a new avenue for Rukia to develop as a character.
>You're overlooking that we literally saw both of them training their Reiatsu in the Royal Realm with Ichibei way prior to the flashback you're referring to.
That's not exactly the same thing as training for a bankai. Which was still down in a manner much faster than Kisuke's three day training and begs the question why they didn't bring more people to train since it made such a huge difference for Renji, Rukia, and Byakuya.
>Achieving Bankai and Mastering Bankai are two different things
That's still no excuse not to try. It didn't stop Ichigo or Renji for fighting what they believed in. Iba even has that speech he gave to Ikkaku about not fighting to your fullest in a war is selfish.
>Tousen was to Hisagi a lot of what Gin was to Rangiku, minus the romantic aspect
>The romantic aspect
That's exactly why Gin is more important to Rangiku than Tosen was to Hisagi. Tosen and Hisagi weren't all that unique of a captain/vice-captain relationship either.
>>
>>152968849
>The problem is it's the same two plot points over and over again.
How is that any different from Rangiku?

>That's not exactly the same thing as training for a bankai
see >>152968840

>That's still no excuse not to try. It didn't stop Ichigo or Renji for fighting what they believed in.
Hisagi isn't Renji or Ichigo. His whole thing is 'to fear one's own weapon' out of respect for it's power, and his Zan spirit is a complete bloodthirsty monster.

>Tosen and Hisagi weren't all that unique of a captain/vice-captain relationship either.
And Gin and Rangiku weren't all that unique for an unrequited romance.
>>
>>152962532
>I don't like that everyone and their mothers get bankai

Considering how 99% of the squads are jobbers even after decades of training and shit. I guess.

After that much time of being a death god, you would think they would all have bankais. Or at least be much much stronger like Kenpanchi or Yorichi.
>>
>>152969013
>How is that any different from Rangiku
Rukia gets complete resolutions while Rangiku's were left open
see >>152968840
That proves my point, they weren't training to use bankai then? I don't get what you're trying to say here.
>Hisagi isn't Renji or Ichigo. His whole thing is 'to fear one's own weapon' out of respect for it's power, and his Zan spirit is a complete bloodthirsty monster.
He's also afraid of dying to. the problem with these philosophies is that they're terrible for someone who intends to fight on the battlefield. He should've been the one to join Squad 4 if this was the case.
>And Gin and Rangiku weren't all that unique for an unrequited romance
>unrequited
You don't know what this word means, and within Bleach it was unique.
>>
>>152969073
I think the mortality rate for nonseated/ low-seated officers is pretty high. You have to remember the vast majority of Shinigami never achieve Shikai, let alone Bankai. High-ranking seated officers and Captains/VCs are very much the exception in terms of power, to the point where the military strength of the Gotei 13 pretty much only counts the Captains and their respective VCs.
>>
>>152969221
>Rukia gets complete resolutions while Rangiku's were left open
Okay? What does this have to do with achieving Bankai again?

>That proves my point, they weren't training to use bankai then?
My point is it's irrelevant. Rukia had as much reason to achieve Bankai as Rangiku did, moreso even. The difference is that Rangiku isn't as major of a character and was admittedly not ready for the responsibility of being a Captain.

>He's also afraid of dying to.
[citation needed]

>He should've been the one to join Squad 4 if this was the case.
Clearly you missed the 'bloodthirsty monster' thing...
>>
File: grimmjow_and_ulquiorra_by_ejlia.jpg (118KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
grimmjow_and_ulquiorra_by_ejlia.jpg
118KB, 900x675px
Ulquiorra or Grimmjow?
>>
>>152969682
Starrk
>>
>>152958260
I only liked mayuri vs pernidas and the chicken fight, the latest only until the "we can only kill you with one sword in the universe, luckily, we have it!"
>>
>>152969682
Neither.
>>
>>152969845
Even the Mirror Sword technically couldn't kill Lille, that's how powerful he was. It did, however, manage to break his connection with Yhwach, and give the reader quite a good piece of Soul King lore.
>>
>>152961661
Woah, fuck, this is absolutely correct.
>>
>>152969682
Ulquiorra was rad.
>>
File: MR-19531-303893-18.jpg (149KB, 800x1171px) Image search: [Google]
MR-19531-303893-18.jpg
149KB, 800x1171px
>>152969386
>Okay? What does this have to do with achieving Bankai again?
For Rukia she already resolved her guilt over Kaien and was acknowledged by Byakuya. She should have gotten new plot points for the last arc that spurred her on to growing stronger.
For Rangiku we see her trying to learn it all the way back during the arrancar arc but she butts heads with Haineko, after Gin's death she resolves herself to get stronger. If she achieves bankai it shows how she has changed and overcome her sorrow over the loss of Gin.
>Rukia had as much reason to achieve Bankai as Rangiku did, moreso even.
I never meant to imply that Rangiku deserved it more than Rukia, just that Rukia earned it in an unsatisfying way. It should have been Byakuya's death that inspired her to grow stronger and achieve bankai going after As Nodt to avenge him.
>was admittedly not ready for the responsibility of being a Captain.
Five characters have bankais without ever becoming or being captains. And Rangiku is looked up to by other vice-captains as their senior and depend on her. And there's an interview int eh second databook that now after the fact suggests Kubo was going to include somethng re:Rangiku being considered to succeed Isshin as captain.
>Clearly you missed the 'bloodthirsty monster' thing
Anime filler doesn't count. At no point is it implied that Hisagi houses a bloodthirsty spirit or personality, and even if that were true Unohana and Kira already do that better than he does.
>>
>>152970120
>She should have gotten new plot points for the last arc that spurred her on to growing stronger.
>If she achieves bankai it shows how she has changed and overcome her sorrow over the loss of Gin.
So really you're just mad that Rangiku didn't get any focus after Hueco Mundo, okay.jpg

>It should have been Byakuya's death that inspired her to grow stronger and achieve bankai going after As Nodt to avenge him.
People still think Kubo was going to kill off Byakuya? Pathetic.

>And Rangiku is looked up to by other vice-captains as their senior and depend on her.
Since when?

>Anime filler doesn't count.
Zanpakuto spirits are canon though.
>>
>>152958260
Because Kubo didn't have the guts to kill the Shinigami.

Byakuya not dying then coming back to own a bunch of Sternritter without breaking a sweat was beyond retarded.
>>
>>152970452
>Because Kubo didn't have the guts to kill the Shinigami.

Yamamoto, Unohana, Ukitake, ect. say hi
>>
File: Byakuya almost dies.jpg (80KB, 768x366px) Image search: [Google]
Byakuya almost dies.jpg
80KB, 768x366px
>>152970516
Yeah, the real problem is that Kubo didn't have the guts to kill any of the REALLY popular Shinigami.
>>
>>152970648
Thats only a problem if you hate popular characters, like most of /a/.
>>
>>152970359
>So really you're just mad that Rangiku didn't get any focus after Hueco Mundo, okay.jpg
Yeah she and a lot of other characters didn't get resolutions. That's a natural thing to be mad about in a story. I'm also mad that Harribel didn't get rescued, that's why I included the Tres Beastias in my suggested change, but you didn't come at me for that.
>People still think Kubo was going to kill off Byakuya? Pathetic.
He had no reason not to other than upsetting fujoshits. Byakuya surviving lead to a good number of sternritter firghts not happening because he dealt with them off-panel.
>And Rangiku is looked up to by other vice-captains as their senior and depend on her.
The fact they all use the -san honorific with her, and she helped Momo and Kira get through their issues.
>Zanpakuto spirits are canon though
There was no guarantee they'd be the same as they were in the filler.
>>
>>152970839
>Yeah she and a lot of other characters didn't get resolutions. That's a natural thing to be mad about in a story.

Hey, at least she got to share a fight with Toshiro, thats more than I can say for a lot of characters. Also if you hadn't noticed, not a single Sternritter was below Captain-tier; expecting any of the VCs to 1v1 a Sternritter is pretty foolish. Don't really know what you're deal with the Tres Bestias is considering they were completely outskilled by Quilge.

>He had no reason not to other than upsetting fujoshits.
He had no reason to kill him off either; /a/ naturally blew things out of proportion by making up false claims about editorial interference.

>and she helped Momo and Kira get through their issues.
Wow, two people look up to her. And they only use -san cause she's a cake.

>There was no guarantee they'd be the same as they were in the filler.
Shunsui's zan spirits say hi.
>>
>>152971035
>expecting any of the VCs to 1v1 a Sternritter is pretty foolish.
Nemu, Renji, and Rukia say hi.
>Outskilled by Quilge
So was Ichigo, but then he manages to kill another sternritter on his way out of the Garganta so there's still a fair amount of difference in power levels among the sternritter.
>He had no reason to kill him off either
He's the first antagonist, having him die to the new enemy and beg his former enemy to save everyone dropping his usual pomp to do so.
>Wow, two people look up to her. And they only use -san cause she's a cake
Orihime and Toshiro rely on her too I was just keeping it to VCs. That's still more respect than Hisagi gets.
>Shunsui's zan spirits say hi
same design I'm talking about personality here. And at no point in the filler arc did they imply the young spirit was made to house Nanao's zanpaktou.
>>
>>152971425
>Nemu, Renji, and Rukia say hi.
All three were Captain-tier in terms of Reiatsu.

>So was Ichigo
What? Ichigo in Bankai completely outclassed Quilge in Volstandig.

>He's the first antagonist
And? Kubo had literally just killed off Yamamoto, killing off Byakuya in the same two chapters would have been a total waste.

>same design I'm talking about personality here
Personality is an aspect of design, and there's no reason to suspect some sort of drastic change there.

>And at no point in the filler arc did they imply the young spirit was made to house Nanao's zanpaktou.
I shouldn't have to explain to you how retarded you're being right now. Kubo would never give the anime staff that massive of a spoiler.
>>
Ichika lewds when?
>>
I wish Ichigo had become a sternritter and bullied Rukia
>>
Any new translations from the novel?
>>
>>152958260
No buildup, no stakes (or just poor presentation of them), poor caracterization (Bazzbee and Jugram excepted), a charismatic but ultimately empty villain forced in by a prophecy.
I suppose Kubo wanted to show he could manage an arc without kidnapping a female team member to move the plot along, and he failed spectacularly.
>>
>>152971626
>killing off Byakuya in the same two chapters would have been a total waste
You're right, and kubo really used Byakuya well afterwards by making him so strong he walked through most of the Sternritters he faced. I like when fights have no tension.
>>
I really want to see characters like As Nodt and many others animated
>>
File: 290326.jpg (52KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
290326.jpg
52KB, 225x350px
>>152967200
bambi was best
>>
>>152972537
>wanting more needlessly drawn out Sternritter fights

No thank you.
>>
>>152961661
>Also, I really wanted Gerard/The Miracle's fight to be "sad", in a way - he'd get stronger and faster and more power of friendship-y after each defeat, rather than simply getting bigger.

That sounds funny and sad at the same time. Reminds me of Mask de Masculine in a way. Wonder how a fight between Shonen Hero Gerard and Mayuri would play out.
>>
I'm not the only one that liked Bazz-B, right?
>>
>>152977188
He was fine as a character, it's just that his fight with Haschwalth was kinda off.
>>
>>152975580
>That sounds funny and sad at the same time. Reminds me of Mask de Masculine in a way. Wonder how a fight between Shonen Hero Gerard and Mayuri would play out.

The same way all his fights would end He would get Nemu to take the fall for him
>>
>>152958260
So what happened to the Vandenreich after Yhwach's defeat? All the Stern Ritter are dead as far as I can tell and Uryu is a doctor with no interest in fulfilling his duty as heir to the throne of his people. What did all the surviving Quincy do? Go back to living in the shadows? Did they find a new leader?
>>
>>152977583
You answered your own question.
>>
>>152977583
Didn't they all get auswahlen'd? Are there any Quincy survivors other than the Ishidas and the Kurosakis?
>>
>>152977188
After Askin, he was the only SR with s good character arc
>>
>>152977583
We still don't know if Ryuken is missing and neither do we know if all Sternritter are dead. Shaz is definitely alive and Askin and Lille were both also mentioned to be alive the last time we saw them. Some other Sternritter might also have survived like BG9 or the the little traitor trio.

>>152977738
The last Auswahlen was only for the Sternritter who still had power left. So only Gerard, Haschwalth and possibly Askin were affected. The Soldat, Sternritter that were still alive and Ryuken were all ignored. So far there is nothing that indicates that the Quincy are extinct again. It would also be very unlikely, since the Shinigami would have to kill an equal amount of human souls to balance the number of reincarnated Quincy, if they were all killed.
>>
>>152970702
When someone says an author can't kill off his characters, they aren't talking about the ones that only got a few panels of screen time or were only important in the moment that they died.

They are taking about the beloved characters, the plot relevant characters, the ones that will actually have some impact on the reader if they were to die.

Yamamoto is the closest thing to this who actually died, and out of a cast of hundreds, one isn't really much.
>>
>>152958260
Too many Sternritter. There were only 12 Arrancar that mattered if we include Nel. There were 27 Sternritter.

Even those Sternritter that got some build-up were not developed enough for us to care if they lived or died, and there was a serious lack of infodump about their powers, like Giselle's.

The very worst thing was Bambietta not getting to fight Uryu.
>>
>>152969222
Yes, but just by graduating they should be good at something and not wastes of space. Fuck, there is almost no kidou or similar stuff after SS either.

Power scales in Bleach are some of the worst I have ever seen.
>>
>>152978798
People cared a lot about Askin, Bazz-B, Giselle, Haschalth, Äs Nödt and Bambietta. Though in her case, her development began after her death.

Giselle's power have been explained really well though. It's probably the Schrift with the most explaination.
>>
>>152979291
If anyone could become a Captain it wouldn't be such a prestigious position. There is a Kidou Corps but its relatively small and very specialized, like the Omnitsukido. There certainly is a power scale, not nearly as bad as DB though.
>>
>>152958260
Things I would have changed?
Civil war in the Quincy organization Yhwatch was the baddest of the bad asses and won. No he's not gods kid.
He's just a broken powerful as fuck psychic that even after dying was strong enough to summon and control spiritual power. The kind of thing the shinigami feared.

Ichigo isn't a quincy's kid. He's just the child of a powerful psychic who the quincies wanted.

The thing about the white ichigo being the true face and nature of his zanpaktou? I like that shit. That was fucking awesome.
The thing about the other guy being Yhwach. Nah man. Nah.
Just do the whole duality thing where his true nature is the white hollow but the black hollow is..I dunno. Maybe his fathers zanpaktou keeping it in check.

Too many reality breaking magic attacks.
All of them should have had sword and bow and arrow type deals.

Them taking over HM so they have a place to stage an attack after soul society basically destroyed their greatest warriors and the king of HM who had a hard counter to all quincies powers?
Yeah that is good.

The revelation that Uryu, even though he was relatively strong as fuck was basically the equivalent of a low level soul reaper to the quincies? That was kind of cool.

Captain commander shouldn't have died like that Maybe he did use his bankai against Yhwach and fought him to a standstill and lost. But not before he almost kills him.

The fights with the soul reapers should have been an outright war against the sereitei. Something akin to them attempting to overthrow the unfair rule of the soul reapers or something.

Liked the soul kings palace. Did not like the boring ass soul king. Really wish he went through with making the soul king a god level hollow.
>>
>>152964196
This. Gin skulking around the corners of the spirit world doing this and that and sending Rangikou anonymous bottles of liquor would be good.
Him saving her from zombie shota captain would be pretty good as well.
>>
>>152959030
The only difference between light novels and manga to begin with is pictures.
>>
>>152979291
What you need to remember is that the average Shinigami only needs to be as strong as Karakura Town Ichigo, fending off weaker hollows and performing soul burials. Menos are incredibly rare and any hollow Adjuchas and above will rarely appear outside of Hueco Mundo.
>>
>>152979291
Should have stayed relatively low level and just concentrated on spells and unique magical abilities that had to be overcome with cunning and luck.

Occasionally being broken powerful enough to over rule kidou spells and magic should have been woven into the canon.
>>
Notice how Harribel had no bearing on the story after the reveal of her capture?

I would've brought back Starrk/Lilinette and had them fight seriously and beat a higher-ranked Sternritter.
>>
>>152980809
You mean exactly like Grimmjow did?
>>
Chad fights Mask de Masculine and wins over Mask's fan, inspiring him to become a pro wrestler instead of a boxer.
>>
>>152980958
You mean James right? Him and MDM were the same person.
>>
>>152980809
When i first saw starrk resurreccion i though that they could switch the form, like Starrk becomes some kind of winchester rifle and Lylinette gets a cute outfit, but oh well
>>
>>152979330
this
>>
>>152981018
Yeah, but it'd be like once Mask got angry and turned out to just be an asshole, the horde of James started to cheer for Chad instead. Renji's fight was pretty boring anyways, and this gives Chad something to do.
>>
>>152981413
I think you missed the point of Mask De Masculine; from his own perspective hes the hero of the story, so James will always cheer for him. Also, Chad wouldn't stand a chance against Mask, period. His powerlevel capped in Hueco Mundo.
>>
>>152958260
What are you talking about? Most of the fights were good. Only Gremmy, Lille and even Gerald wasn't all that good.

Otherwise than that, all the major characters got good fights.
>>
File: 1415831730420.png (114KB, 380x400px) Image search: [Google]
1415831730420.png
114KB, 380x400px
>>152958260
because there were so fucking many of them that you forget about most of them, all the fights also felt rushed as fuck and were just them beating everyone up but no not really here'e my plot armor.
tl dr
Quality over quantity
>>
File: 013.jpg (792KB, 2413x1578px) Image search: [Google]
013.jpg
792KB, 2413x1578px
HEY BLEACHFAGS

let's get drawin

reply to this post for requests
>>
>>152980182
>Gin skulking around the corners of the spirit world
Why do people think that if Gin survived Rangiku would let him sneak off again?
>>
>>152984809
Kuukaku fishing with dynamite.
>>
>>152984809
Orihime cooking something to Ichigo and Tatsuki, both of them nervous about the outcome
>>
>>152984809
Last chapter Karin wearing Kukaku's outfit.
>>
File: Yamada.jpg (253KB, 850x1235px) Image search: [Google]
Yamada.jpg
253KB, 850x1235px
>>152984809
Yamada trying to princess carry any girl from Bleach, I don't care who, but he's struggling.
>>
>>152984809
Something from the new Brave Souls event like Gin and Rangiku eating dried persimmons together, or the drunken rock-paper-scissors tourney.
>>
>>152984809
Ichigo watching how Orihime is healing Aizen's severed arm. Aĺl of them feel uncomfortable.
>>
Drawfag, you still there?
>>
>>152984809
Please draw the ot3 Aizen/Ichigo/Orihime.
>>
File: Kirge_Opie.png (43KB, 363x334px) Image search: [Google]
Kirge_Opie.png
43KB, 363x334px
>>152958260
Make them all more like this one. A lot of them either focused too much on ultimately pointless characters (Schutzstaffel, Bazz-B, Gremmy) or completely wasted characters. Give them a sense of urgency and have an interesting character with just enough panel time to give us something to like, a new reveal maybe and a justification for the fight in the first place. Did we really need an entire year for the final four? Or Gremmy? The story came to a complete stop and the fights dragged on.
>>
>>152986182
yeah im drawing requests at the moment
>>
File: 016.jpg (2MB, 2537x3287px) Image search: [Google]
016.jpg
2MB, 2537x3287px
>>152984944
took FOREVER on that
>>
>>152986597
Nice
>>
>>152986597
Wonderful.
>>
File: MAszAlM.jpg (678KB, 2041x1122px) Image search: [Google]
MAszAlM.jpg
678KB, 2041x1122px
Quick question, but why weren't Rukia or Orihime included in this?
>>
>>152958260
Man, Kubo should have stuck to the art and gotten someone competent to write the stories. Imagine if Hiromu Arakawa wrote Bleach instead.
>>
>>152986806
jealous of kubo's ability to draw men 100x better than shun saeki
>>
File: 1486006012037.png (58KB, 322x161px) Image search: [Google]
1486006012037.png
58KB, 322x161px
>>152986834
>Hiromu Arakawa wrote Bleach instead.

I love her work, but nah.
>>
>>152986872
It would have been better that what Kubo came up with.
>>
>>152958584
>>152958631

These two.
>>
>>152986834
Nah, after a while the KUBOOOs were part of it's charm
>>
>>152986918
>after a while the KUBOOOs were part of it's charm
I agree. I never expected some amazing ending since the series went downhill a long time ago, and felt that a ton of things should've handled differently. I was just in it for my favorite characters and for the KUBOOOs.
>>
>>152984809
Ichibei owning Yamamoto and speaking condescendingly to him.
>>
>>152970648

Byakuya would have been a good impactful death, but on the other hand, at least ever since the start of the show, Byakuya always took something from his battles that apparently ups his personal growth. The fight where he was supposed to die was no exception.

Also the part where he almost finally seems chummy with he peers during the M fight almost made it worth it too.
>>
>>152987763
>Byakuya would have been a good impactful death
True, but seeing him acknowledge Rukia's strength and his scenes in the new novel make up for it.
>>
File: 017.jpg (1MB, 2550x3350px) Image search: [Google]
017.jpg
1MB, 2550x3350px
>>152986223
>>
File: 1471460493111.png (59KB, 197x439px) Image search: [Google]
1471460493111.png
59KB, 197x439px
>>152987870
NICE

thanks a lot drawfag.
>>
File: 1484550993145.jpg (784KB, 2184x1532px) Image search: [Google]
1484550993145.jpg
784KB, 2184x1532px
>>152987870
pic related, drawfag?

a better version really for bambi
>>
>>152987965
im not sure how long that would take me, so maybe not...

If you want I can draw just bambi for you
>>
>>152978017
>askin
>alive

Didnt grimjow rip his heart out and also pierced through his head or something?
>>
>>152988112
Draw Shinigami Yuzu.
>>
>>152987870
The real ot3 of the series.
>>
2rd post timeskip Rukia lewds when?
>>
>>152988112
oh yea I just meant bambi
thank you
>>
>>152988126
well he was alive even after that
>>
File: 018.jpg (643KB, 1734x2843px) Image search: [Google]
018.jpg
643KB, 1734x2843px
>>152987965
>>152988918
I think the proportions are off but meh

maybe you can commission someone to fix it with lineart and coloring

good luck bambi-anon
>>
>>152989500
thanks drawfag
>>
http://book-rank.net/rank/data.cgi?all=5&word=9784087034127&mode=rank&mode2=&bt=

Source to WDkALY latest sales figures. 52k+. It's set to overthrow the last novel DstS in terms of accumulative sales.
>>
>>152989500
Keep going drawfag.
>>
>>152961413
>>152961661
I never realized I actually wanted to see that. Some of those matchups had my inner-Bleach fan roaring to go again. Kubo really did just give up in this last arc.

>>152989500
Those eyes are on point with Kubo's style. Well drawn.
>>
>>152986912
Adding to that, the fights themselves were as stereotypical as Bleach fights get.

>I have power
>I have stronger power
>I have even stronger power
Earlier arcs usually had more to fights than >Muh secret power.
Don't get me wrong, that was a big part of fights, but it wasn't the only part of them by any means.
>>
>>152988126
The part with the head never happened. But Askin was alive even after that and Nel when she jumped into the Giftball, was able to sense his Reiatsu with the intention of saving him alongside everyone else.
>>
File: 001.jpg (2MB, 3507x2550px) Image search: [Google]
001.jpg
2MB, 3507x2550px
good night, I'll be back tomorrow if there's a bleach thread

I didn't have enough time to do all of the requests, sorry -_-
>>
>>152989500
Renji cucked Ichigo as He crying for Rukia-sama.
>>
>>152987763
Byakuya/Toushirou is my new favorite friendship.
>>
>>152989758
Can we look up older Bleach books on this?
>>
Mayuri best girl tho
>>
>>152990983
>out of all the people who died in the entire series Nemu was one of them
he should have fucking died for her that cunt
>>
>>152990173
Good night, drawanon. See you tomorrow.
>>
File: 1471172491093.png (109KB, 640x407px) Image search: [Google]
1471172491093.png
109KB, 640x407px
>ywn be able to hug aizen
>>
>>152989500
MUH
>>
>>152989758
Well that's good to hear. Anything new on the Hisagi novel?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (101KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
101KB, 1280x720px
>>152980886
Uh, need I remind you?
>>
>>152978798
So I guess, Juha Bach, Haschwalth, As Nodt, Mask De Maskuline, Bambietta, Bazz-B, Asken Nak Le Vaar, Gigi, BG9, Opie,

Even the Royl Loyd battle did well too as it gave the Captain General a win (and showing us that Juha Bach could be defeated) while Yamamoto being killed right after.

Seriously, Kubo at least focused much more that thats.
>>
A youtuber currently in Japan claims that Bleach merch is being hidden. And despite a rather high demand in stores it's not being produced any more and hasn't been for some time now. This checks out with some of my own observations, how most Bleach merch I've found is used.
>>
>>152996950
Link to said youtuber? This actually explains Shonen Jump's bullshit. They did this with Jump Feista 2017 by not having Ichigo on the cover.
>>
>>152997006
https://twitter.com/JamesHanson94/status/827179007326175232
>>
>>152995959
Remind me what?
>>
>>152997042
Grimmjow killed Asken Nak Le Vaar. He killed one of the best Sternritter in the arc.
>>
>>152997062
Thats exactly what I claimed, for what reason did you I think I needed 'reminding'?
>>
>>152997026
James Hanson is full of shit. He's not in. Japan, knows no Japanese and just reiterates what he heard from others with added bombastic claims, often inaccurate, to make clickbait videos.

In this case I believe he read something on tumblr. I'll try and look for where I think he got it when I get home in a moment.
>>
>>152997586
Ok I take that back, looks like this time he's actually in Japan.
>>
How can ichigos hollow be the true face of both his sword and his hollow powers? Aren't they different?
>>
>>152997872
Zanpakuto are blank hollows (Asauchi) that will adapt the powers of the Shinigami that bonds to it; Ichigo was born with his own hollow, so that became the foundation for his Zanpakuto.
>>
>>152998171
then what are vizards?
>>
>>152998227
Failed hollowfication experiment by Aizen. Unlike Ichigo, they weren't born with a Hollow, but became tainted due to the Hougyoku.
>>
>>152969682
Ulquiorra didn't backstab weakened foes to win.
>>
>>152969682
UlquiorraxOrihime ship.
>>
>>152986896
A literal piece of shit is a better story than what Kubo came up with
>>
>>152998377
What? Bleachs problem has always been its pacing and loose plot threads, not its pverall narrative.
>>
You guys think Narita will try to explain things like Soul King retcon or Ichibe's "Sorry humans, but you can't defeat Yhwach bla bla peace"? Like he did in SAFWY.
>>
>>152998484
*overall
>>
>>152998487
Yes but I think Kubo will be a little more involved this time, hes not continuing the manga so I feel like he'll give Narita a few more secrets to work with.
>>
>>152998538
Maybe, but the examples I mentioned are effect of Kubo changing his plans, so I don't think he has any explanation at hand.
>>
>>152998614
Not sure what you mean senpai
>>
>>152998812
Soul King beng basically a limbless corpse was something Kubo almost surely decided only after he was introduced, and his original introduction looks weird as fuck now. Kubo didn't try to address this in the manga so he likely has no in-universe explanation.
Similary, it looked like Yhwach was supposed to defeat Ichigo and co. and Ichibe had some shady plan involving willingly sending them to be killed.
>>
>>152999046
Neither of those are retcons.

Do you even know what a retcon is?
>>
>>152998345
>tainted due to the Hougyoku.
Urahara fixed them with his hgk at the time. They were infested with an hollowifying virus by Aizen.
>>
>>152999212
But why was the SK initially shown with all of his limbs?
>>
>>152999256
A hollowfying virus which was likewise created with Aizens Hougyoku. Its the only known object that can cause such a change.
>>
>>152999296
A redraw isn't the same as a retcon.
>>
>>152999212
Second isn't, but it would be nice to know what Ichibe meant.
First, most likely is. I mean, we have a living Soul King with limbs with a will of his own and then we are lead to believe that he was but a corpse with two of hi body parts serving Yhwach and another being in SS for at least houndreds of years.
>>152999348
It isn't a redraw. He is sentient.
>>
>>152999375
It is obvious what Ichibei meant; its bot like he had any knowledge of Ryuukens Silver arrow, without it there was literally no chance of defeating Yhwach.

It literally was a redraw; its like when Arrancar Grand Fisher was drawn one way in early Bleach and then drawn differently post Soul Society. Kubo probably just forgot to omit the limbs the first time.
>>
>>152958260
Liltotto a best
also saved second best "girl"... for a while
>>
>>152999469
>It is obvious what Ichibei meant; its bot like he had any knowledge of Ryuukens Silver arrow, without it there was literally no chance of defeating Yhwach.
Well, this is obvious. What isn't is why did he sent them to stop Yhwach if he knew there was no way of doing this?

> Kubo probably just forgot to omit the limbs the first time.
Limbs are the smaller part of the problem. In that scene he is sentient and is mentioned to have personal interest in Ichigo. Later, Yhwach calls Soul Palace a gravestone and when we see Soul King he doesn't react to his surroundings at all.
>>
>>152999623
Why would he have stopped them if the outcome was going to be the same either way? Even if he did tell them they couldn't defeat Yhwach, it wouldn't stop Ichigo from trying.

I don't remember Soul King having any spoken lines; are you sure you didn't misread something?
>>
>>152999752
>Why would he have stopped them if the outcome was going to be the same either way? Even if he did tell them they couldn't defeat Yhwach, it wouldn't stop Ichigo from trying.

He actively encouraged them, and after they left he apologised.

>I don't remember Soul King having any spoken lines; are you sure you didn't misread something?
It's Kirinji who mentions his interest in Ichigo, and one of the servants talks to him. Unless Ichibe is the only one who knows SK's real condition and he somehow manages to hide it even from these directly interacting with him, it all hardly makes sense when put against what we learned later.
>>
>>152999752
Not him, but some character (I don't remember who) says something along the lines of "no wonder the Soul King is so interested in you".

Also, there's the part where the guard(?) in the Royal Palace speaks to the Soul King. The Soul King doesn't respond, of course, but it still indicates some sort of awareness.
>>
>>152999871
Again, which part of this is a retcon? I think you're mixing headcanon in where it doesn't belong.
>>
>>152999945
People talking to the Soul King =! Soul King talking

The 'will' of the Soul King is likely something the Royal Guard can determine from its reiatsu, or some other method. I'm not sure why he considers this a retcon.
>>
>>152997062
He didn't kill him though. Askin was still talking afterwards and Nel later sensed his Reiatsu.
>>
>>152999623
Yhwach has the powere to change the future. What if his dad has the power to change the past? What if he himself decided to send his limbs back in time to make the events that happened possible?
>>
>>152999871
>one of the servants talks to him
I remember the trail of dead servants next to the SK's hall, and all of them were wearing blindfolds. I wonder why.
>>
>>152960828
Who cares?
>>
>>152958260
>so underwhelming
Because Kubo draws hot women and then suddenly turns up the quality when it comes to drawing different dudes
>>
there really should not have been a separate "arrancar arc" and "sternritter arc", doing the thing twice just really killed the pacing
>>
File: C3toytSVMAAOH8B.jpg (130KB, 850x1200px) Image search: [Google]
C3toytSVMAAOH8B.jpg
130KB, 850x1200px
>>
>>153001276
....What?
>>
>>153001367
It was the exact same story, twice.
>le big bad rusemaster
>le army on the move
>le we must prepare for the war
>le all these fights that don't matter
>le hyuman ichigo is the only who who got da power to save the day but he's too scurred to get it up
>>
>>152986834
>Hiromu Arakawa
>jobber god loses with a fist fight

Not even KUBO level entertaining just plain bad.
>>
>>153001404
You just described every arc of every battle manga, ever.
>>
>>153001404
Don't hyperbolize.

Yhwach was nothing like Aizen; he wasn't a "ruse"-type at all. Nobody prepared for the Vandenreich war, and the army also didn't "move". Ichigo did not have the power to save the day; it was Isshin's dad who had it. Et cetera.
>>
>>152970041
This. He was easily the best Espada.
>>
>>153001561
He would be if Starrk didn't exist.
>>
File: a taste of chocolate.jpg (412KB, 852x800px) Image search: [Google]
a taste of chocolate.jpg
412KB, 852x800px
>>153001333
I couldn't find any pictures of Yoruichi wearing that other cleavage sweater. You'd think there'd be at least one.
>>
File: Tiger Yoruichi.jpg (87KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Tiger Yoruichi.jpg
87KB, 800x600px
>>153001333
Is there any other character in Bleach who's more of a bully than Yoruichi?
>>
>>152961661
These sounds awesome
I liked Bleach for it's characters. so it's sad that all the cool stuffs he drew went wasted because absolute shit writing.
Wasted.
>>
>>153004108
characters and his arts
>>
>>153004108
t. fag
>>
what's next for kubo?
>>
>>152999999
>>153000000
>>
>>153001490
That's not even the usual flawed stereotype people have.
>>
Nothing will never enrage me more about Kubo's writing than his constant need to throw plot points and never does anything with them or/and completely forgets about it.

>"You can't defeat Yhwach in the end!"
>"It's up to Ichigo and Rukia to defeat Yhwach!"
>"Da Soul King is muh dad!"
>"Ur muh son Ichigo!"

There are plenty more, but these are just examples. Honestly, who does this shit? Who states big things like this in their story and do nothing with it? It's like he lives in the moment with every chapter with no clear idea in sight. Every chapter you read upon release, he did not think beyond it.
>>
>>153004815
You're the definition of a speedreader.
>>
>>153005038
Nice buzzword. Did you fucking pat yourself on the ass for that? Did you think you won the everlasting respect of your posting peers?
>>
>>152958260

Zero build up, low lifespan expectancy and just bad rehashed designs in general.

But it isn't like the Espada weren't botched designs in their own right either, they just lasted that much longer because Kubo was able to enjoy being remarkably lazy with his lack of development due to still coasting on overwhelming success at the time.
>>
>>153005150
At least I have basic reading comprehension.
>>
>>153005380
Nice comeback. You really showed. I think I'm going to delete my account from being BTFO so hard.
>>
>>153005503
Could you be more upset please? Thank you.
>>
File: tumblr_oa0g27GoA51u2507xo1_500.png (360KB, 500x391px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oa0g27GoA51u2507xo1_500.png
360KB, 500x391px
>>153005380
>>153005503
Guys, please don't be mean to each other! At the end of the day, we are all friends, aren't we?
>>
>>153006215
Jugram was a good friend
>>
was bleach worth the time sunk into it?
>>
File: Haschwalth.jpg (40KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
Haschwalth.jpg
40KB, 225x350px
>>153006811
He was really cute, too.
>>
>>153007121
Hell yes
>>
>>153007121
Its not like the reader needed to invest money or even very much time for a single chapter a week.
>>
>>153007174
If the Quincies were introduced back in Bleach's heyday - how popular would their yaoi-pairings be?
Especially Yhwach/Hash and Hash/Bazz?
>>
>>152984809
Orihime studying.
>>
File: Tensa Zangetsu.png (62KB, 979x1020px) Image search: [Google]
Tensa Zangetsu.png
62KB, 979x1020px
>>153008385
Hash/Bazz would have been overwhelmingly popular. Yhwach wouldn't be all that popular as yaoi fodder because he looks too old, but his younger self would get a lot of attention.
>>
>>153004600
A long-ass vacation.
Thread posts: 222
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.