[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What was the point of this ending? I've heard there are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_8289.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8289.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
What was the point of this ending?

I've heard there are some drama CD:s that somehow try to make sense of what Mayuri tried to achieve by going to the past, but what was Okabe's motive for chasing after them? Was Suzuha's and Mayuri's time machine supposed to be just floating somewhere "in time" without fuel, since they appearantly didn't remain in 2010?
>>
Also why did "japanese shaman girls" become a thing?
>>
>>152943775
I believe it's either that Suzuha and Mayuri's time machine didn't make it properly back to the past and Okabe needs to find them to give them a working battery so they can actually complete Arclight, or after they complete Arclight they leave and since the computer has no power they can't control where and when they end up, so Okabe goes back to find them. The latter is the more likely option but I don't remember anything explicit.

>>152943848
It's funny and Leskinen is a funny guy.
>>
>>152944463
Okay, that sounds reasonable. I won't go into questioning whether this plot string was necessary, because that would inevitably lead to whether 0 as a whole 0 is.
>>
>>152944741
Well, this is more of a remnant from the Arclight drama CD since even there Suzuha mentions that their time machine is now uncontrollable after they jump after telling Mayuri to slap Okabe. It presumably ties into the whole 70 million years dream Okabe has in the original, since they mention the tracker has a limit of 70 million years for a reason.

They probably should have included the actual bits of Arclight in 0 so people would have an actually cohesive experience. 0 overall feels kind of half finished.
>>
File: 1484385280913 - Copy.png (647KB, 727x631px) Image search: [Google]
1484385280913 - Copy.png
647KB, 727x631px
>>152943775
>>
File: 1481940657437.png (247KB, 683x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481940657437.png
247KB, 683x600px
>>152945060
That is not ok.
>>
>>152945060
why
>>
>>152943775
It's the true ending everyone should have expected going into Zero. He records the video and then "dies" to prevent his memories from overwriting SG Okabe. If they explained how the ND-mail and worldline compression worked and included Operation Arclight in the V&A branch it would have been perfect.
>>
>>152945501
Would've been better if they worked that stuff into the story instead of as last minute exposition.

>prevent his memories from overwriting SG Okabe

With the greater focus on neuroscience in 0 it feels like they could have made the rewriting a nonissue by backing up his memories regularly in the SG line, but it's probably for the best they kept it this way.
>>
>>152945501
Then again, the Re-Awake scene was the perfect ending for V&A, including Operation Arclight after that scene might've ruin it a bit.
It would've been more suitable as an opening scene for the true end.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.