[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spirit Circle > Hoshi no Samidare > Sengoku Youko Can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

File: fortuna.png (1MB, 1114x1600px) Image search: [Google]
fortuna.png
1MB, 1114x1600px
Spirit Circle > Hoshi no Samidare > Sengoku Youko

Can we all agree on this?
>>
>>152892708
Hoshi no Samidare > Sengoku Part 1 > Spirit Circle > Sengoku Part 2
>>
Spirit circle has the highest highs, but the ending is just a wet blanket.

Hoshi is consistently good, but IMO, it never reaches the emotional peaks of Spirit Circle at its best.

SY is decent.
>>
Probably the only author I can think of where all of his works are great. Has he started anything since Spirit Circle ended?
>>
>>152892922
A blog manga about him playing FGO
Otherwise, nothing that I know of.
>>
>>152892708
Spirit Circle > Sengoku Youko > Biscuit Hammer

>>152892922
>Probably the only author I can think of where all of his works are great
Tezuka
Kui Ryoko
Iwaaki Hitoshi
ONE
and a ton of others that don't pop into my mind right away.
>>
Spirit Circle >Sengoku Youko part 1 > Hoshi no Samidare > Sengoku Youko part 2
And while we're at it.

spoiler]
Shinsuke>Fortuna>Douren>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>everyone else>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Jinka[/spoiler]
>>
File: 1480764406098.jpg (11KB, 239x211px) Image search: [Google]
1480764406098.jpg
11KB, 239x211px
>>152894073
>prefers SY part 1 over 2
>hates Jinka who is predominant in part 1 and nonexistent in 2
>>
>>152894208

Part 1 had me tolerating Jinka for the sweet Shiinsuke growth. It was short and sweet, and Jinka ended up fucked by his own faggotry.

Part 2 had me enjoying post growth Shinsuke but having to deal with endless Senya plot, which wasn't that bad, but a big step down once I realized it it was going gonna be him just becoming a big damn hero who protects everyone's smiles. Then he grew up and Shinsuke was sealed in that village until the last fight, and then Jinka ends up winning in every possible way without repercussion while Shinsuke gets fucked selling his soul to save the demons.
>>
>>152894208
Part 2 was boring, Mizukami's fights are beautifully drawn but not very interesting
>>
>>152892708
Currently reading Samidere, its not as good as SC
>>
Biscuit Hammer was a letdown in spite of the twists at the end. I was really expecting Asahina and Yuuhi would be villains in the end. Also, the deaths stopped after a certain point and it became obvious, so tension was defused.

Spirit Circle had another anti-climax fight but it was never about the fights, but the meta drama that transcended a single lifetime. I loved how it ended, I just wish the loose ends (like Houtarou allegedly being a ghost) were properly explained instead of hinted and headcannoned.
>>
>>152894536
Mizukami doesn't do downer endings, all his stuff is about growing up and becoming a better person. He writes cliches but he writes them well, and there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>152894536
>I just wish the loose ends (like Houtarou allegedly being a ghost) were properly explained instead of hinted and headcannoned.

Yeah like what happened to their time-traveling daughter and her robot? Robot got shown once with the aliens and that's it.
>>
Hoshi no samidare > Spirit Circle = SYp2 > Syp1
>>
Out of all of them I liked Sengoku Youko the best. The ending of Spirit Circle felt a little lack luster although the rest was just great. It's been too long since I've read Biscuit Hammer to properly rank it but I suspect I would still have a hard time deciding even if I re-read it.
>>
>>152892708
Spirit Circle = Hoshi no Samidare = Sengoku Youko
>>
>>152894416
There was lots of great Shinsuke in the latter half, and you've also got based Douren there too. But I agree that his character development in the first half was one of the highlights of the manga.

>>152894423
Honestly the only fights I find interesting in manga are realistic sports manga one, the rest can be beautifully drawn and symbolic and I can enjoy them for, Mizukami has lots of these, that but they won't be interesting to me. Like powerlevel fights; I'm not really interested, although asspull fights can sometimes be fun for the wow factor. I loved fights in Vagabond because they were not really realistic but not power-level or particularly unrealistic either, and that manga manages to have amazing atmosphere sometimes. Likewise there was plenty of fighting I loved in BotI for the same reasons, although they were less based in reality than Vagabond's.

When I see a Mizukami fights it's more about what the characters are saying and representing than what they're doing, I don't love Douren's fights because it's interesting to watch him do 100 punches in a panel. Mizukami pulls off both restrained and unrestrained badassery well.
>>
>>152894582
Everything is a cliche at this point, we've a whole human history of the same kinds of characters, stories and themes. Failure, despair, depression, bittersweet. tragedy, and growing to be an edgelord are now all as cliched as growing into a better person, happy endings and saving the day.

Personally It doesn't bother me unless something is a carbon copy of something else. Mizukami brings something new every time.
>>
Hoshi no Samidare > Sengoku Youko > Spirit Circle > Psycho Staff
>>
When did Mizukami start playing with reincarnation and multiple universes/timelines?
>>
>>152899444
Probably from the beginning, but he only revealed it more recently.
>>
>>152894073
Can we all agree at least that Fortuna best gril?
>>
>>152899444
does sengoku youko have reincarnation? i read everything else of his.
>>
>>152893531
>Tezuka
Even ignoring that no one on /a/ has read all of Tezuka's three million works, you'd have a pretty hard time convincing me that shit like MW or Alabaster are great.
>>
>>152900155
MW was fine, I've never read Alabaster.
>>
>>152892708
2nd part of SY > Spirit Circle > Samidare > 1st part of SY
I'd put the first part of SY a bit above his other short stuff, I really liked it but I do think Yazen brought it down quite a bit towards the end, the second part is just him hitting his peak at character writing. Spirit Circle is his best structured work and Samidare had a lot of diversity and did the coming of age story right, only real flaw is that it drags here and there.
>>
>>152901226
2nd part of SY = Spirit Circle
Other than that, I think the same.
>>
>>152899892
Nope
>>
>>152900155
> not calling out shittier works like Ayako, Brave Dan, Angel no Oka or Marvelous Melmo.

Even Alabaster is good compared to that crap.
>>
>>152892708
Absolutely.
>>
Mizukami universe TRPG when?

Also, I sort of feel like a dolt for this, but I still think that the (actual spoilers for Spirit Circle) moment when the SC endgame reality deities reference the biscuit hammer mage was the hypest moment of the universe continuity.
>>
>>152892708

Hmmm fair enough. Though I really think Spirit Circle and Hoshi no Samidare are interchangeable at times.
>>
>>152893531
>ONE

>One Meme Man
>Great

When will summer be over...
>>
>>152902883
Summer hasn't been over for about 5 years, anon.
>>
>>152903073
But he is right, One hardly delivers, and even though I like OPM it's not actually great, and MobPsycho is kinda lame.
>>
>>152903293
I never weighed in on that matter, all I know was that I read OPM, couple chapters anyway, a few years back and didn't think it was that good. The fact it's got a cancerous fanbase never helps either.
>>
Just finished it. Was pretty nice

Time to read SY
>>
>>152904097

Gee, I completely forgot Owl and Rooster knights even existed.
>>
>>152903384

Pretty much this. I don't hate it but I don't see all the fuss. I read most of it back when the rumors about the anime were coming. Thought the whole One Punch thing was funny the first couple of times but it gets old fast.
>>
Anyone have the chart of whos a reincarination of who?
>>
File: Gar twintails.jpg (271KB, 1133x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Gar twintails.jpg
271KB, 1133x1600px
>>152904097

Turtle Knight a cute.
>>
>>152893531
>Tezuka
>700+ works
>all great

You fucking retard, even many of his well known classics are pretty shit.
>>
Spirit Circle has the advantage of being structured in a way that allows him to tell many different stories that are only loosely connected, so even if you weren't super thrilled by one you have the next coming in a couple of chapters at most. I think the present day was sort of bland aside from the two MCs relationship and even then it wasn't nearly as good as his other works, but it doesn't really matter for that manga.
>>
This guy does the cutest fanservice i have ever seen.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.