[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how is it shit like sword art online gets greenlit for 38 seasons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 7

File: file.png (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3MB, 1920x1080px
how is it shit like sword art online gets greenlit for 38 seasons and a pregnancy test but overlord only gets 13 episodes despite being a best selling light novel?
>>
>calling Overlord bestselling in comparison to SAO
>>
>>152889945
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>"despite being a best selling light novel"
>>
File: 1476752277196.jpg (2MB, 2500x3613px) Image search: [Google]
1476752277196.jpg
2MB, 2500x3613px
well first off, its a LN so most people just dont want to read. the one anime season was good, but a bit low budget so many may not like it for that. overlord is specifically NOT for the usual target audience that drives most LN sales.the MC is usually a blank selfinsert jap highschool boy, but Ainz is the older buisnessman wageslave archetype. its aimed at an older audience. Overlord is also very westaboo-y being heavily based on DnD where many "isekie" are based on MMOs, but still are pretty otaku.

I for one cant get enough of the marvelous misadventures of papa bones and co.
>>
>>152889910
Simple.
If given the choice would you self-insert as
1. Highschool boy stuck in VR,with badass skills and harem that can access every single one of them.
2. Paranoid autistic hoarding salaryman stuck in VR, being lich with no dick and no sexual drive and surrounded by a vampire that have a fetish for your non existed dead boner, a virgin succubus with DEF status so high, deflorating her would require at least one WCI, and lizard sex
>>
>>152890873
>>
I want a spin off about Warboss Enri's military campaigns.
>>
File: Saint Gratian.jpg (1MB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Saint Gratian.jpg
1MB, 2000x1333px
>>152890873
>being lich

im already sold senpai
>>
Mindless sheeps unable to see Papa bones' glory I say.
>>
>>152889910
Because that "shit like sword art online " sells a lot better than your favorite show
>>
Overlord is one of Kadokawa's better selling LNs, but that doesn't really compare to the Haruhi-like blockbuster that is SAO.

Typical anime economics usually indicate that studios lose money or break even on anime, but the publisher profits because of LN sale boosts. The better the LN sales, the less likely they'll fund a new anime.

It's only a rare few anime that the studio makes a profit on, since that means the studio doesn't need the publisher's help anymore for the funding. SAO was like this, so successful A-1 didn't even need Kadokawa for it.

Overlord did make a profit, so the possibility exists of a second season. I got the impression the Madhouse staff liked it, too. Madhouse loved Kaiji and they saved a lot of money to animated Kaiji season 2 even though the first wasn't a great seller, so they'll bite the bullet for brands they love.
>>
>>152889910
SAO was about the harem bitches
Overlord is dark horror comedy not for kids

1 is for all ages and hero types and the other is for fans that love slaughter and villains
>>
>>152889910
Overlord was just to boost LN sales.
SAO won't survive as a LN for long for being so shit without animating action and cute girls.
>>
When is the first movie gonna come out again?
>>
>>152889910
Because Sao sells even more.
>>
>>152892492
>SAO won't survive for long as a LN.
That is why it is still part of the top 10 selling LNs in Japan and that another arc is going to fucking happen.
>>
both are shit
>>
File: 1423179398940.jpg (142KB, 422x422px) Image search: [Google]
1423179398940.jpg
142KB, 422x422px
>>152893185
How dare you insult Ainz-sama?!
>>
>>152889910
Noone expected the anime itself to be a success, that's why they're now doing movies to fill in the content they skipped from the TV series so they can make more.
>>
>>152893551
What movies?
I thought it's just recap made from the show with few added scenes?
>>
File: 54126484.jpg (63KB, 530x494px) Image search: [Google]
54126484.jpg
63KB, 530x494px
>>152889910
>comparing Overlord's popularity to SAO
>>
>>152893695

Not that guy, but I'm pretty sure the movies are just like the Madoka movies, in that they go over the TV series, add a few scenes, and up the quality/budget.

On that note, fuck the TTGL movies. They were fucking awful for skipping so much shit.
>>
Volume 12 when?
>>
>>152889910
Overlord have 2nd season (or was it movies?) confirmed already.

That said the difference is its not popular in comparison.

The reality looks like this:

Moonlight sculptor >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>SAO>>>>>>Log Horizon > Overlord

Overlord is better than SAO, but less relevant than even Accel World.
>>
Yen Press translation just released on Amazon for Volume III.
>>
Probably because whichever studio that was responsible for overlord adaptation gave it absolute horseshit OP and ED.
>>
File: 1452289341817.jpg (71KB, 400x465px) Image search: [Google]
1452289341817.jpg
71KB, 400x465px
>>152894018
>KOTAE WA DOKO EEEEE
>bad
>>
>>152893746
Unlike those series, overlord actually has source material to follow.
The added scenes are important to the plot if the y want to make sequels.
>>
>>152894151

As long as it isn't retarded and doesn't cut huge chunks out like TTGL's movies did, I'll gladly watch it.
>>
>>152894068
It's almost a parody of overusing pitch corrector in pop songs with teen idols like justin bieber.
The cover https://youtu.be/jEtJ83c8LWg sounds fine since it doesnt overuse pitch correction.
>>
>>152893908

Saying Overlord is better than SAO is like saying shit is brown. Accel World is better than SAO, it was Reki's newer novel afterall. SAO was literally fanfic-tier garbage eaten up by fanfic readers.

The one thing that I appreciate about Overlord is the writing quality has massively improved from the early volumes, as the characterization has developed and the world fleshed out.

That's like the exact opposite of almost every other LN which tries to unnaturally prolong itself. Log Horizon is a sad example.
>>
>>152894264
>english cover
>prepares to cringe
>it's really good

the hell? How did someone talented decide to cover the shit Overlord OP, of all things?
>>
>>152894270
>Accel World is better than SAO
Maybe it isn't saying much, but it really is. I'm quite enjoying reading through the LNs now, thought I haven't gotten very far so I don't know if it suddenly turns to shit halfway through or not.
>>
>>152894433

That fat pig actually has some character development and becomes less of a pussy. Kirito's entire development was just getting pussy.

Accel World's problem was its MC was not an edgelord in a pseudo-fatalistic universe.
>>
>>152890518
>Balrog and Ornifex
I keep forgetting about those beautiful bastards.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.