[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/int erest/2017-01-30/studio-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 7

File: yourname_poster.jpg (73KB, 409x580px) Image search: [Google]
yourname_poster.jpg
73KB, 409x580px
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-01-30/studio-ghibli-producer-suzuki-director-miyazaki-share-reaction-to-your-name/.111642

Can it be stopped, /a/?

>As of this month, Makoto Shinkai's your name. (Kimi no Na wa.) film surpassed Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli's Spirited Away as the highest grossing anime film worldwide. Miyazaki is known for his harsh criticism of certain types of animation, but he had remained silent about Shinkai's hit film since it opened in Japan on August 26. However, Studio Ghibli co-founder and former producer Toshio Suzuki recently shared some of the director's thoughts on Shinkai's latest film.

>The February 2 issue of Bungeishunjū's Weekly Bunshun magazine featured an interview with Suzuki on Thursday. Regarding the trope of "a girl losing her way in a different world" seen in films like Spirited Away, Suzuki said, "I had a prediction that someone would make that sometime." Miyazaki apparently agreed with Suzuki's sentiment. The director said, "Yeah, that's right. I won't do it, but [the film] goes just like I thought."

>Suzuki also commented, "The term 'another world' is used successfully time and again, and I had a hunch that Makoto Shinkai is a fan of Hayao Miyazaki." The former producer praised Shinkai's film, adding that "It's made so that all the characters in the drama, lines, and music make the background stand out." "The high fall sky that seems like it could be breathed in was especially impressive," he said.

>The Case of Hana & Alice director Shunji Iwai compared the film to Rene Magritte's 1959 painting The Castle of the Pyrenees for its "enduring persuasive power with audacity." Although Iwai noted Magritte's painting is a much "higher" work, he was impressed by Shikai's accomplishment. Anime theme song lyricist and AKB48 founder Yasushi Akimoto said his "heart quivered" when he watched your name.
>>
>Shinkai's film returned to the top spot in the Japanese box office for the January 21-22 weekend. The blockbuster film has set theatrical screening records across Asia. According to Box Office Mojo, the film had earned US$306,795,190 worldwide as of January 17. Funimation will begin screening your name. in North America on April 7.
>>
Miyazaki seems unimpressed.
>>
File: 1483090635464.jpg (35KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1483090635464.jpg
35KB, 640x360px
>#1 in the Japanese box office for 14 weeks, 13 weekends
>Has surpassed Miyazaki's Howl's Moving Castle as #2 Anime Film of All Time in Japan
>Earns 20 billion yen and counting to surpass Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets in Japan
>Reached 10 billion yen 9 days faster than Frozen
>Wins LA Film Critics Award
>Has become the no. 1 highest-grossing Japanese movie in China
>Has become the no. 1 movie in Thailand
>The film immediately topped Korea's box office opening on 555 screens all around the country which is a new record for the Japanese film.
>Also dominated China breaking the all-time records for the most advance tickets sold and the fastest film to reach 100 million yuan ($ 14 million or 1.7 billion yen), with the first 100 yuan earned in just the film's opening day.
>The film also dominated the charts of Hong Kong and Taiwan becoming the number 2 and top highest grossing Japanese film on the respective countries
>Inexplicably jumps 41% in the Japanese box office and climbs from 7th place to 3rd place in one week
>Still in the top 10 in the Japanese box office towards the beginning of 2017
>Now grossed US$331 million.
>Surpasses the box office gross of Spirited Away (US$289.1 million), making it the highest grossing anime film of all time.
>Is approved by Shinzo Abe and used by Cool Japan to spur tourism in Japan.
>Returned to the top spot in the Japanese box office for the January 21-22 weekend.
So this is the power of meme magic? Not bad.
>>
>>152883976
The power of gender-bending breast-fondling.
>>
>>152884011
>>
File: 1485490779487.webm (374KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1485490779487.webm
374KB, 500x500px
>Your Name is returning to Australia and New Zealand, but this time it’ll be on incredibly HUGE IMAX screens from February 9.
>We’re also extremely lucky, as we’ll be the only regions to see this dazzling body-swap masterpiece on an IMAX screen outside of Japan!
>>
blu ray fucking never
>>
File: 42199.jpg (30KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
42199.jpg
30KB, 225x350px
APOLOGIZE RIGHT NOW
>>
File: cad16dfb40749fd55e3f247cf9713b4d.jpg (388KB, 742x1014px) Image search: [Google]
cad16dfb40749fd55e3f247cf9713b4d.jpg
388KB, 742x1014px
>>152884151
Well, jokes on you, I'm going to Moonland next month. Going to watch it with my glorious nip friends.
>>
I didn't understand why they fell in love before even meeting each other, nor did I like how many plot holes the latter half of the movie had, one after another.
>>
>>152884327
What plot holes?
>>
>>152884442
Grandfather paradox
Bootstrap paradox
How did the father "know" that Taki wasn't his daughter?
Why were their memories fucked?
>>
>>152883606
Am I incorrect in my understanding that there are zero Miyazaki quotes in this article?
>>
>>152884503
yes, they didn't interview miyazaki
>>
>>152884289
If you get to Japan by February 10th you can see it in theaters with English subs.
>>
>>152884495
>musubi
>>
>>152884495
>Grandfather paradox
>Bootstrap paradox
The film never used either paradoxes. Since both paradoxes are merely theoretical scientific ideas of what could possibly happen with time travel, the non-use of them is not a plothole. If anything, it's using the time is always in flux trope.
>How did the father "know" that Taki wasn't his daughter?
Clearly you weren't paying attention. He knew the same way the grandma knew, i.e. Mitsuha's mom and grandma also body swapped when they were younger. He's probably heard about it from his dead-wife or the grandma.
>Why were their memories fucked?
Do you remember the fine details of your dream? To them it felt like they were dreaming. This is mentioned many times. It's like you didn't watch the film or something.
>>152884568
I'll be a week late
>>
>>152884611
O-oh i guess that explains it.
I'd be fine with magic to suspend my disbelie as long as the magic was consistent, but everything that happened was too random.
>>
only legit plot hole is that they didn't realize they are 3 years apart
even Taki realized that Mitsuha is using an old model phone that were on sale several years ago
>>
>>152884151

That's neat. I'll have to try and snag a view.
>>
>>152883606
Miyazaki invented isekai now?
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.