[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Self inserting as Subaru made me feel so emasculated, what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 7

File: Natsuki_Subaru_Anime.png (556KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Natsuki_Subaru_Anime.png
556KB, 1280x720px
Self inserting as Subaru made me feel so emasculated, what an awful character.
>>
So, do you want to be like Guts? Bet you can´t even do 10 pull ups.
>>
the author hates fags like you
>>
i love how useless shitty characters like this always get a harem

i can't believe people actually think this show is good
>>
>>152858891
>harem
confirmed for not watching the show
>>
>>152858812
Dude, he's a NORMAL kid!

A fucking normal kid who got sent into this Alternate World with a normal body, and absolutely no powers no speak of beyond 'Hit Reset', in a world with magical swordsmen, spellcasters and monsters everywhere.

He had not one cent to his name, and without being given a second of time, he's involved into some plot heavy, drama heavy, time intensive shit.

Of course you'd feel emasculated. RESET TILL YOU WIN isnt fucking awesome. Specially if you have to die a billion painful ways.The writer of the story really didnt give the guy any hope.
>>
>>152858891
But Blue Murderous Bitch is the only one who wants his dick.
>>
>>152858994
why would a normal, random kid suddenly become a massive person in a new world?

its such a shitty setup, which is why isekai is literally the worst genre possible
>>
>>152858812
Serves you right for self inserting
>>
>>152858993
you're right, I haven't. I don't watch garbage. All I know is that people talk about what girls he's going after. So its haremshit in my eyes
>>
>>152858812
>confronted assassin, survived, saved Emilia
>saved Rem from herself while fucking some magical dogs up
>leads an army and slays a giant legendary whale which has terrorized the country for hundreds of years
>best friends with Sword Master Wilhelm now, even Crusch wanted him

Everybody just knows him as great hero. They probably don't even remember that one incident.
>>
>>152858812
Can /a/ only empathize with characters if they associate them with themselves?
>>
>>152858812
>implying self-inserting isn't emasculating by itself
>>
>>152859081
Well, ISEKAI can be a great genre. I've seen lots of great ISEKAI shit before people called it ISEKAI, like El Hazard.

But it's become so common now, to either give the character NO POWERS, like in Konosuba and ReZero, or get OP powers, like in so many others.

I remember that in other stories like El Hazard, sure, the MC didnt have great special powers, but his companions did, and the setting wasnt full of dangerous motherfucking things trying to kill him 24/7. It was a lighthearted time.Even the 'monsters' of the setting where more comedic.

In this particular story, the story is literally forcing a kid without talent to become important to a story without even having time to train or become good at anything.

Stories like Mushoku Tensei have the MC actually have a CHANCE, unlike ReZero, where the MC is just a shitter.
>>
>>152859156
The worst part about all this, is nobody has ever fucking asked how this random, no skill kids accomplishes these miracles. To them, it's just this guy with insane, otherworldly knowledge and profound luck.He's at best a seer in their eyes, and I'm wondering why nobody's wondering how this little shit knows so much.
>>
>>152859081
Are you literally calling an entire genre shit for making use of the monomyth format of the hero's journey? The oldest form of storytelling used and reused throughout all history in countless cultures religions and mythological cycles? And you're calling it shit?

Are you retarded?
>>
>>152858812
Why do you feel emasculated? He is a bland shonen protagonist. He might throw an occasional temper tantrum and pretend that he is not perfect, but most of the time, he is a happy, super-mega lucky, handsome, likeable and immortal badass.
>>
>>152859303
Not him but I get him, making a hero over powered ruins the show/story. Why would I care if he is in danger? I know he´s gonna make it. It´s why so many "kill the protagonist" shows/stories/books became so popular.

You care for that protagonist, and it hurts your guts if something happens to them.
>>
>>152859437
Hero is aleays going to make it, overpowered or not.
>>
>>152859389
See, -that's what I'd like- a story where none of these things happen. An ISEKAI where there's no magical plotline, no special powers, no super handsome, no special fate, nothing special.

Just a guy, being thrown into a magical fantasy setting.You know, having to overcome the fact that he's maybe overweight, cant run, maybe gets a few scars, sleep on the streets for a while, work shit jobs until he's slowly able to become a proper adventurer?

I'd like to see a isekai story where shit just doesnt go right, and there's no fallback magic cure to the plot- if the MC fails at saving the girl, that's it, story continues.
>>
>>152859504
Maybe that's what we need.
A story where the MC just doesnt make it.
He doesnt get to save the girl, or stop the bandit rapists/plot to takeover the kingdom. Why would he? I guarantee you if the average modern teen or adult were sent into medieval fantasypasticheland, he'd end up dead, or maybe at best, survives because he's just another peasant that didnt get killed due to sheer luck.
>>
>>152859504
>>152859437
I like the stories where the hero wins, but looses loved ones and doesnt feel any better after winning. I just finished a certain gundam show, where being in the war, killing and seeing people he cares about die, left the MC in an insane, child-like state.
>>
>>152858812
That's the point.
>>
>>152858812
A major plot point is how much of a piece of human trash his own dad thinks he is.
It's pretty obvious that he's the prideful and ignorant 4chan anon incarnate if not worse.

>>152859081
I think most of it stems from his relationship with Emilia and how strange and foreign he is in their world.
Here is a prime example of what I'm talking about. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yasuke

Besides, I wouldnt say he's "massive", he just knows the right people and is relatively influential, charismatic and capable of negotiating. All traits he has achieved from trial and error.
>>
Chill the fuck out OP.
Well if you want to know Subaru can officially qualify for becoming the Archbishop of Sloth and/or Greed; he has got the authority of sloth (which isn't the same thing as unseen hand) and he can read the gospel, Greed hasn't been shown yet. We also learn that authorities cam get easier the more someone uses them but it takes something away from Subaru everything he uses it.
Also it'd be pretty dumb is Subaru became a hero considering his powers are based on the very 7 evils of man. Reinhard is the main hero
>>
Have you guys noticced that most new isekai shows might as well be actual fantasy shows with a teenage protagonists? You can literally take out the first episode/the fact that the hero is from our world, and nothing would change. They just add the ''he is from our world'' gimmick only so that the MC can offer some snarky commentary on how the fantasy world is like a videogame etc. and thus the dumb viewer can self insert more easily. But that just takes me out of the show. It's like the show is undermining itself by not taking itself seriously.
>>
File: 1465446395366.png (188KB, 296x448px) Image search: [Google]
1465446395366.png
188KB, 296x448px
>>152858812
I see you've recovered from your flu shitposter-kun.

I'd be nice if you died from it instead
>>
>>152859685
or gets made into a slave
hey at least that way he'd still be relevant to the story, somehow
or he is smart enough to work the system by being a good little slave and somehow backstabbing everyone
>>
>>152859123
Pretty sure they only talk about Rem and Subaru inevitably getting married but alright.
>>
>>152858812
Good. It's healthy for you.
>>
>>152860050
I'd prefer a sex slave.
>>
>>152858812
>>
>>152860050
Dude, that sounds already a million times better than the average isekai.

Average teen from Our Reality gets sent into Magical Fantasyland, and instead of getting powers, being a hero or whatever, he's a normal guy. He's overweight, maybe an average guy with above average looks, and absolutely nothing special about him. He ends up unable to save the Princess, the Kingdom gets burned down, and the nice peasant girl who helped him dies, and he gets enslaved.-THAT- is a hell of a fucking good beginning.

No powers, no winning. Just bad luck and failure.
>>
File: 1485730867313.png (39KB, 192x285px) Image search: [Google]
1485730867313.png
39KB, 192x285px
>>152860039
Why not derail the thread with some spam? Subaruposting sounds nice. It might even get the attention of the mods.
>>
I know everyone gets mad he isn't every other anime hero but he does a good job at pretending he isn't pathetic and standing his ground especially in front of other people.

>>152859123
Watch it, it's fun just pretend he dies for good at episode 15 or 23.
>>
>>152860156
I thought we were talking about male MC's
but I don't mind traps
or how far could a sociopath come in such a setting
>>
>>152859685
>The MC just doesn't make it
Dungeon Seeker?
>>
File: 1476583342483.jpg (69KB, 523x505px) Image search: [Google]
1476583342483.jpg
69KB, 523x505px
>>152859081
Because he's starting life in another world from zero
>>
>>152860268
Or just ignore it. Only retards ever come onto these threads by thinking its an actual topic and biting the bait anyways.
>>
>>152860231
Yeah, im feeling it. A 20 something, overweight neet, who has a beard, waist lenght hair, who wears a large fedora, sunglasses, long leather coat, army boots and has a real katana on person (along with a shit ton of mall-ninja weapons).

That guy get sent to the other world, and has a goofy, life of brian style adventure, where everyone thinks that he is a chosen hero, while he is just winging it and hoping for the best.
>>
>>152859278
They have to deal with people like Priscilla and Roswall they're probably used to it.
>>
>>152860501
See, then you have to decide how mean you want to write the story or what themes you wanna go for.

If you're writing for a deconstruction style of the traditional uplifting empowerment fantasy, you could have the kid get initially lucky, but then get his ass handed to him, when actual professionals arrive on the scene. You know what I'm talking about. He gets his ass beaten, maybe that cute girl princess/heroine archtype gets raped and murdered, and he just gets enslaved, and all his personal belongings thrown around like curious shit.

Or you could go for a hilarious bind, and have him survive due to hyjinks and future knowledge, but that's been done.
>>
>>152860231
Berserk?
>>
>>152859608
Texhnolyze but the MC was isekai'd and wanted to be the hero at some point earlier?
>>
>>152860695
I actually already wrote an isekai deconstruction story.
The basic plot goes like this:
>In a fantasy world, the mc is leading a team of heroes a agains an evil wizard.
>They win, but the wizards shoots the mc with a special spell and the mc disappears. His team mourns him and moves on.
>Meanwhile, the mc shows up in the middle of modern day akihabara.
>He tries to find his way around and start causing trouble.
>He gets arrested by the cops for carrying a weapon, but manages to escape.
>That impresses the yakuza, who hire him, but once he realizes that those are the bad guys, he takes them all out.
>After other various ''adventures'' with magic dust, combat simulators and a magical information network, that has a lot of naked girls on it, he is finally forced to settle down.
>The mc has lived his entire life knowing that he is a chosen hero that is prophecised to save the world and all that he has ever known is day to day danger and adventure.
>But things quiet down, and he doesnt have anything to do.
>He starts waiting for something to happen, some adventure, some chick to show up and tell him that the world needs saving and that he is the chosen one. But nothing happens.
>As months turn to years, he starts loosing hope and the prospect that his life here has no meaning, he is not the main character and that the complete boredom of our avarage world, leads him towards an existential crisis and depression.
>He starts living a neet life and the fantasy related video games/watching fantasy related movies, anime, books, visual novels etc, because those remind him of the better days and his home.
>After some years pass, he becomes a shell of a man, he eats, sleeps and seeks entertainment, but his soul, is long dead.
>The end.
>>
>>152861306
Mine goes like this

>MC is an otaku NEET loser
>he is obsessed with this one battle harem show
>he likes this one girl who he dubs as the best girl
>and he absolutely despises this one girl who he calls the worst
>he shitposts about how much he hates her on 2ch all day
>one day he somehow wakes up in this shows universe with a battle academy invite in his hand
>it's the first episode
>knowing the show inside out, he makes it to the battle academy to enroll
>to his horror, everybody in the harem ignores/hates him since they all wants the harem MC's dick
>everybody except the worst girl
>>
>>152858812
You emasculated yourself by self-inserting in the first place.
>>
>>152858875
10 pull ups with only one arm.
>>
>>152861335
>>knowing the show inside out, he makes it to the battle academy to enroll
>turns out he isnt the MC
Fantastic desu
>>
File: 1457033717950.jpg (38KB, 534x486px) Image search: [Google]
1457033717950.jpg
38KB, 534x486px
>>152858994
>RESET TILL YOU WIN isnt fucking awesome.
>>
File: ultima 7.png (96KB, 640x800px) Image search: [Google]
ultima 7.png
96KB, 640x800px
Speaking of isekai, why isn't there an Ultima anime?
Thread posts: 51
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.