[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are Satoshi Kon movies so forgettable? From other /a/ threads

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 4

File: pbj.jpg (52KB, 1280x688px) Image search: [Google]
pbj.jpg
52KB, 1280x688px
Why are Satoshi Kon movies so forgettable? From other /a/ threads I've noticed that it isn't only me who forgets them, but a lot of other anons as well.
A few years after watching any of his movies leaves only the memory of enjoying them, rather than anything about the story or the plot.
>>
>>152820108
I think you might have Alzheimer's, gramps
>>
That's how it is about almost every series/movie? If you remember most of what you watched once after a few years you're a freak. There are not even a dozen series I remember well.
>>
>>152820108
So it feels fresh when rewatching
>>
>>152821670
>>
Satoshi Kon is incredibly overrated. He basically make live action films in anime form, which in my opinion is boring because the reason I watch anime is exactly to experience something that's different from live action TV.
>>
You weren't watching them correctly.
>>
>>152823069
are you being serious?
>>
>>152823069
I don't get that from his movies at all.

>>152820108
Nor can I emphasize with this. I am confounded.
>>
>>152820108
because the main points for which is work is unforgettable lie not in his plots or artworks. and most viewers really dont care consciously about more detailled aspects, allthough they still somehow feel the magic during the watch and like it.
>>
>>152823069
What are you smoking, the best part of his directing style is that it can't be replicated in live-action.

Hell, he himself said the reason he didn't do live action is because he felt like he couldn't do everything he wanted
>>
>>152820108
I remember his work more than most Ghibli films.
>>
>>152820108
have you tried taking your ADD medication?
>>
>>152820108
I think his directorial style feels very "Hollywood." Not that his movies are forgettable, but they don't work for me in the way that something from Miyazaki or Takahata might. They just have the feeling of being just another good blockbuster.
>>
>>152820108
>Forgetting the rape scene from Perfect Blue.
I honestly don't want to know in what place you were brought up if that didn't leave an impression.
>>
https://youtu.be/oz49vQwSoTE
>>
>>152824778
did you got that link out of the anime thread on /b/? if so im glad that people are giving it a chance.
>>
>>152825135
?

I haven't browsed /b/ in like 8 years
>>
File: thinking-face.png (53KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
thinking-face.png
53KB, 256x256px
>>152823069
>you share boards with these kind of people
>>
>>152825135
Does anyone really still browse /b/ after being here for so long?
>>
>>152823975
>one scene is the whole movie
Get a load of this asshat.
>>
>>152820108
>caring about the plot
What are you, a woman?
>>
>>152823069
>boring
How to spot a pleb.
>>
>>152825637
negating "every scene is forgettable" gives you "there is a non forgettable scene"

i dont see a problem with that logic anon. in addition to that personally i can remember everything about the movie pretty well as it was pretty unique in multiple aspects
>>
>>152825946
No matter how hard I try, I just can't make sense of your post.
>>
>>152826307
op mentioned that the whole movie seemed to be forgettable, some anon proves him wrong by correctly giving a counterexample for a in his opinion not forgettable scene. then some other anon mistakingly claims that this is not enough as "one scene is [not] the whole movie" hence i felt the urge to correct this last anons flawed logic
>>
>>152823069
>He basically make live action films in anime form

I dare you to try and explain what you actually meant by this
>>
>>152826551
im gonna totally project my biggest fear onto this anon and guess that his teenage brain only distincts the cinematic medium into a) real life movies that occur in cinema and tv b) animu with energy through friendship
and is thus forced to sort kon into the first category
>>
>>152826472
I understand. Maybe your thesis would hold some weight if it weren't a strawman.
>>
>/a/utist is exposed for being a retard
>m-muh bait m-muh strawman

every time
>>
File: bored.gif (949KB, 500x282px) Image search: [Google]
bored.gif
949KB, 500x282px
>>152823069
I fucking despise this place
>>
File: 1485616676267.jpg (57KB, 506x763px) Image search: [Google]
1485616676267.jpg
57KB, 506x763px
Satoshi Kon was a hack
Literally the same movie
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.