[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Patlabor

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 12

File: grate.jpg (311KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
grate.jpg
311KB, 1920x1080px
I didn't think the show could be so much better than the films, glad I was wrong.

Not to say that the films weren't great, but this is fantastically entertaining.
>>
File: grate2.jpg (197KB, 1617x917px) Image search: [Google]
grate2.jpg
197KB, 1617x917px
>>152810398
Let me try that again.
>>
File: Fraternization SV2 style.webm (2MB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Fraternization SV2 style.webm
2MB, 800x600px
>>
File: ivanivanivan.jpg (171KB, 1617x915px) Image search: [Google]
ivanivanivan.jpg
171KB, 1617x915px
I've got to say, it's good to see the Soviets in media again.
>>
File: t-34-quardaped.jpg (126KB, 1613x914px) Image search: [Google]
t-34-quardaped.jpg
126KB, 1613x914px
I really like this design for a walker tank, and it is quite common in basically every form of jap media. What is the origin of this form?
>>152810615
There was almost fraternization this episode, but Asuma was just reaching for fish and not delicious tomboy.
>>
File: peek.webm (901KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
peek.webm
901KB, 960x720px
>>
File: The Question.webm (423KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
The Question.webm
423KB, 800x600px
>>152810679
>Asuma was just reaching for fish and not delicious tomboy
Well...
>>
>>152810709
You seem to be knowledgeable about these things, so I have a question.

Why did the third Patlabor movie have nothing to do with Patlabor?
>>
File: Bad Boy.jpg (89KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bad Boy.jpg
89KB, 960x720px
>>152810679
>I really like this design for a walker tank
I liked this one better.
>>
File: Firestarters.webm (984KB, 800x432px) Image search: [Google]
Firestarters.webm
984KB, 800x432px
>>152810760
It seems like it wasn't supposed to even be a Patlabor movie.
On the other hand, it does repeat one of the original OVA series episodes almost to the letter, so...

Dunno really, maybe they wanted to try a different thing with this one? Much like they kept doing ot with other films - one is your run-of-the-mill Patlabor flick, the other is wordy political thriller, this one was a monster movie embedded in the Patlabor world (spin off?). Don't think it was even the same team making it.
My only complain would be using a different pair of street detectives instead of the ones already established in the franchise, but whatever.
Also, seeing that we have, like, two timelines already and the newest LA sequels are their own, it only makes it more confusing.

I'm going to be going now, so keep it bumped.
Or not. Whatever.
And maybe check /m/ for they seem to have more Patlabor threads than /a/ anyway.
Cheers.
>>
File: Bath fun time.webm (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
Bath fun time.webm
1MB, 960x720px
>>
>>152810897
I suppose that's reasonable, I haven't seen the OVA's so it came completely out of left field for me.

Although the concept of genetic engineering monsters isn't that strange to the show, it was in one of the episodes I watched earlier. The whole guppy thing along with the US involvement in the creation of the monster really gave me vibes from the most recent Anno Godzilla film, but there is probably nothing there.
>>
File: Mad Scientist 02.jpg (151KB, 1440x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mad Scientist 02.jpg
151KB, 1440x1080px
>>152810986
>Anno Godzilla
It had a Godzilla film vibe allright.
>>
>>152810976

Needs roundabout
>>
The cast is downright loveable in the TV canon. The movies are fine for what they set out to do but it doesn't even try to give you any particular reason to give a shit about any of it's characters.

>>152810897
The third movie is an adaptation of one of the manga chapters apparantly, though Asuma & Noa were the MCs in it instead of what the movie did.
>>
Patlabor 1 > Patlabor 2 > Early Days OVA > TV > OVA 2 > Patlabor 3 imo
>>
I can safely say that this was a mistake watching this. It is far too comfy and nostalgic.
>>
>foreign prince episode
Wow how can they always be so shit.
>>
>>152812329
What was wrong with it? He ended up being almost as /m/anly as Noa was by the end of the episode.
>>
>>152810760
Patlabor 3 was an arc out of the manga that didn't make it to the anime. Except in the manga, Noa and Asuma weren't just cameos in it. No fucking clue why.
>>152810679
I'm not sure what was better there, the bait and switch or that Noa was annoyed by it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 12

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.