[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Bleach Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 14

File: 310921-bleach1_012.jpg (702KB, 1024x640px) Image search: [Google]
310921-bleach1_012.jpg
702KB, 1024x640px
Out look for reading the entire series from best to worst:

Soul Society arc (9-20)
Pre-Reaper (1-8)
1000 Year Blood War (55-74)
Arrancar Arc (21-32)
Fake Karkura Town War (33-48)
Fullbring Arc (49-54)

What are yours?
>>
File: 1355957754193.jpg (672KB, 1032x829px) Image search: [Google]
1355957754193.jpg
672KB, 1032x829px
>>152808896
>>
File: 1355862050157.jpg (658KB, 1000x605px) Image search: [Google]
1355862050157.jpg
658KB, 1000x605px
>>152808947
>>
Why didn't Kubo make the series about overthrowing the obviously corrupt soul society instead of about le asspulling keikaku man?
>>
File: 1341720852893.jpg (595KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1341720852893.jpg
595KB, 900x1200px
>>152808980
Because Soul Society was just one part of the multipart story that doesn't involve usurping Soul Society.

And to be fair, Aizen wasn't the original reveal villain. That was made up half way through. Juha Bach was the planned final villain.
>>
>>152809014
Source on that? I am pretty sure I remember that Aizen was always supposed to be final villain and the quick arch was thrown together because they forced him to write more.
>>
>>152809167
Sure:
http://bleach.wikia.com/wiki/Forum:Tite_Kubo_Interviews

>Kubo: “At first I did not plan Aizen to become the shadow behind everything. I just thought he will become the enemy after he was killed

The flow to Kubo’s plan:
There was trouble in Seireitei--> that’s it! Lets kill Aizen!--> The most exciting person to make him/her the culprit--> That’s it! Let’s make himself the culprit!

Basically he changed his mind half way through Soul Society Arc about Aizen

As for the Qunicies:

>Q: How did you come up for idea of the Quincies?

>TK: I created Qunicies to be Ichigo's rival characters, so i put Uryu in white clothing (compared to the black kimono worn by the Soul Reapers). Qunicies use arrows because they're long range weapons, so it's difficult for Ichigo to fight them with his sword, which is more for short range combat. The Quincy cross has 5 points, kind of like the the Japanese 5-pointed star. 5 points, quintet, Quincy! Quincies use arrows, so if you call them Qunicy archers, it sounds like a name, so I kind of liked that.

Basically Juha Bach and the Quincies were always the end game.
>>
>>152809265
Damn. Dude has really good ideas but such shit execution. One of the few forms of media I truly hope gets a reboot. And yet we all know it never will.
>>
>>152809431
>shit execution
There are plenty of good execution stuff in Bleach.

Naruto is the good ideas but shit execution
>>
>>152809265
That doesn't say anything about Ywach though, it just says he designed quincies (more specifically Uryu of course) as rivals to Ichigo and by extension all soul reapers, and that Aizen wasn't initially supposed to be the final villain.
>>
>>152809566
Well, that's because he already wrote up Juha Bach a long time ago. Remember, Old man Manifestation is the Manifestation of Juha Bach.

He had already planned on Ichigo's heritage about Isshin being a Soul Reaper in Chapter 2 and Masaki being a Quincy around that same time as he already wrote up Isshin's backstory. Old Man Manifestation in the manifestation of the Quincy Powers and is designed to look, act and have the same powers as Juha Bach.

He had already had written up the Quincies as something so antagonistic to the Soul Reapers that they nearly caused the end of the world.

Of course this is something Kubo is not going to blatantly admit as he was riding on this huge reveal to be a revelation about the Quincies and Ichigo's connection about them.
>>
>>152809666
>Old man Manifestation is the Manifestation of Juha Bach.
You're giving Kubo a lot of credit if you really think he planned that from the start.
>>
>>152809666
I highly doubt Zengetsu/Ywach was planned within even the first 450 chapters, if it was even planned before the final arc had begun. That's a massive stretch with hardly anything to support it.
>>
>>152809766
He did. The guy even had it so that Old Man Manifestation look and act like Juha Bach, preform the Shadow power that the Quincy uses in the Final Arc, preforms Blut Vene on Ichigo during the Kenpachi fight (I can only stop the bleeding for so long), and never once taught Ichigo how to use his Zanpakutou.

On the other hand, Inner Hollow knew how to use Zangetsu better than Ichigo, protected Ichigo whenever he was on the verge of defeat (Renji, Byakuya, Ulquiorra), learned Bankai the same time that Ichigo did, was the first to preform the Black Getsuga, even SAID that his name was Zangetsu when Old Man Manifestation stopped supressing him in the Inner Hollow fight, and was even used to teach Ichigo the Mugetsu while Old Man Manifestation fused with him to hide the fact that Old Man could not teach it to Ichigo.

Kubo planned that shit out for years. I know you are used to retcons like Kishimoto and Naruto, but it's not retcon in Bleach.
>>
>>152809873
Now I think you are just trolling.

"Character that came first acts like character that came later, so clearly the first character was designed with an upcoming character in mind and not the other way around!"

The logic doesn't add up anon.
>>
>>152809873
Why do you think Zangetsu was planned to act like Ywach rather than Ywach being designed to act like Zangetsu? That's backwards logic, and Zangetsu stopping the bleeding in the Kenpachi fight was clearly just willpower reiatsu bullshit, and had none of the visual effects of Blut Vene. To even suggest that Blut Vene was planned at this point is ridiculous. If it were, it would have been used by the Quincies we had actually seen by that point.

How does Ichigo's Inner Hollow fusing with/taking over his Zanpakuto spirit support your theory in any way? If Kubo planned it he would have known that Quincies and Hollows are antithema to each other and shouldn't be able to mesh at all. It debunks your point if anything.
>>
File: Ek0OdgX.jpg (26KB, 430x314px) Image search: [Google]
Ek0OdgX.jpg
26KB, 430x314px
>>152809960
But it does. The Quincy were always planed as the end game. Kubo needed to introduce the final villain in some way, did so with Old Man Manifestation and was planning on him to be the reveal villain.

However, Aizen became more interesting to him and he changed his mind about Aizen being the villain half way through.

Plus he already wrote up Isshin being a Soul Reaper and said he planned on revealing this back story in the future. It was revealed in the final arc which had to do with the Quincy.

Even the Bleach anime spilled the beans about Misaki being a Quincy through Ichigo's bed as it has a Quincy Cross.

>>152810049
Yes I do. If this man could write up a villain half way through Soul Society arc and convince the entire audience that he planned that shit from the start.

If he could do that just from winging it, then what would have happened if he planned something from the humble beginnings? (Like Isshin and his backstory was planned since chapter 2)
>>
>>152810093
You have absolutely no idea how weekly shounen manga are made.
Do you also think Kaguya was planned as the final villain of Naruto all along?
You keep making points but none of them actually prove or support your argument. Yeah, maybe he had Isshin being a Soul Reaper planned fairly early on and was going to give him backstory flashbacks in the future, what does that prove? Even though it eventually ended up having something to do with Quincies, what does that have to do with Ywach supposedly being planned all along? And who's saying that Kubo didn't change details about Isshin's backstory along the way?
(By the way, Isshin being a shinigami was absolutely not planned from the beginning or chapter 2, why would he be laying in a bloody pool from the Hollow attack in ch1 instead of protecting his family? and I see nothing in chapter 2 hinting at Isshin being something greater)
>>
>>152810341
Kishimoto's writing style is MUCH different than Kubo's style. That's obvious! Kishimoto isn't a planner, Kubo is.

And no, Kishi didn't plan Kaguya because he admitted that he had no idea how to beat Madara Uchiha and needed an out.

Also, Isshin's backstory also had to greatly involve Masaki Kurosaki as Kubo wrote that Isshin couldn't protect Masaki 20 years prior to the story. His biggest regret wasn't Masaki being killed by Grand Fisher, it was something else (Masaki being infected that LED to her loss of powers and thus her death).

And like I said, Isshin wasn't planned as a Soul Reaper in chapter 1. He was planned in Chapter 2.

Because Kubo doesn't like changing major details. While Isshin wasn't meant to be a Captain Rank Soul Reaper, Isshin being a Soul Reaper stayed constant. The ranking does not matter. What matters is Isshin being a Soul Reaper.

Also, Masaki being a Quincy gives Ichigo Old Man Manifestation in the first place. Without her being a Quincy, there is no Old Man Manifestation as then Ichigo would not have connections to the Quincy by blood.
>>
>>152810527
>And like I said, Isshin wasn't planned as a Soul Reaper in chapter 1. He was planned in Chapter 2.
Why do you think that though. Like I said:
>and I see nothing in chapter 2 hinting at Isshin being something greater
>>
File: bleach18.jpg (90KB, 685x1100px) Image search: [Google]
bleach18.jpg
90KB, 685x1100px
Stuff Kubo says he planned, throughout the years.

Orihime is going to be a very important character
>Inoue Orihime - She's going to be a very important character later on so, I want to get used to drawing her faster. (WSJ 42/2004, October 2004)
>>
File: Ch001_title_cover.png (891KB, 1018x750px) Image search: [Google]
Ch001_title_cover.png
891KB, 1018x750px
>>152811396

"Kenpachi" and "Yachiru"
>Kubo: There’s still a lot I’d like to develop on. If I had infinite time that is. Like more about [Zaraki] Kenpachi. I’m sure I’ll be able to somewhere down the storyline.
>Question: I really wonder who “Yachiru” refers too…
>Kubo: I plan to bring it up. It’s a secret for now.
>(SOULs, February 2006)

Five noble houses - Never covered in the manga, at this point we don't know if Narita's novel will use Kubo's ideas or Narita comes up with his own idea
>Morita: And the “Four Noble Houses”…?
>Question: Kuchiki and Shihouin and…..Shiba?
>Kubo: No, not Shiba. When they were around, it was the “Five Noble Houses”.
>(SOULs, February 2006)

Hirako and a scrapped classmate
>(On 1st chapter's colorspread) The second person from the right is Hirako. There is also a girl on the left side on Orihime, but that girl doesn’t appear in the manga. I was planning to make her one of Ichigo’s classmate. (All Colors But The Black, December 2006)
>>
File: up69906.jpg (22KB, 381x287px) Image search: [Google]
up69906.jpg
22KB, 381x287px
>>152811417

Rukia's design spawned the story about shinigami
>He was trying to draw some original characters. The first character he drew was Rukia, then Ichigo. He struggled more in drawing Ichigo but Rukia's design was done in first try. Her first clothes were not kimono but black uniform. In the first design, Rukia was holding a scythe.
>Because of the scythe, Kubo thought, "Ah, she must be a shinigami," then he decided to make a story about shinigami.
>(Bleach B Station #112, August 2007)

Order of creation: Rukia, Ichigo, then human friends.
>Morita asked, "So the first one was Rukia, then Ichigo, then..." Kubo was wondering a bit before said it was Chad, Uryuu, Keigo, Mizuiro, etc. Morita asked if Keigo was originally a shinigami, but Kubo said no. Keigo was a human, created as Ichigo's friend who also a human. (Bleach B Station #112, August 2007)
>>
File: SDCC08_KuboBanner_500.jpg (49KB, 318x500px) Image search: [Google]
SDCC08_KuboBanner_500.jpg
49KB, 318x500px
>>152811445

He hasn't decided how Bleach will end. (in vague terms)
>SJ: Do you have an ending in mind for Bleach? How much of the story is written in advance? And do you ever change your mind about what will happen?
>KT: I still haven't decided how the series will end. As for how far ahead I write, that all depends. Occasionally, when I get ideas for new scenes, I try to link them by imagining the most interesting route. I dont know where the scens will go, because the ideas dont arrive in order. Things tend to be all over the place. I might think of a scene that belongs much much later in the story, and to get there I must draw a lot of other things first. If theres a scene I definitely want to draw, that doesn't change, but how I get there might.
>(US Shonen Jump July 2008 issue)

Character before plot
>1:38 PM - What comes first in Bleach? : Kubo puts character, not plot, first. (Comic Con panel, July 2008)

Bleach was inspired by him wanting to draw shinigami in kimono (this kind of contradicts the previous saying about Rukia? But could be something lost in translation)
>1:41 PM - What was the initial thought for bleach? "Bleach was inspired by the fact that I wanted to draw shinigami in kimonos, and to make something no one had seen before, started with Rukia’s design. (Comic Con panel, July 2008)

Quincy is Ichigo's rival
>1:42 PM - “I created Quincy to be Ichigo’s rival character, so, for that, I put him in white clothing.” (Comic Con panel, July 2008)

Isshin is a shinigami
>1:50 PM - Will there be an Isshin backstory? Yes! He knew from the start he was a Soul Reaper. (Comic Con panel, July 2008)

Rukia's name
>When I created the character, I thought Kuchiki really fit as a Soul Reaper (Shinigami) name and called her Kuchiki Rukia. She had her full name from the very beginning. Later on, I learned that the word "rukia" means "light." She's like a ray of light for Ichigo, which makes the name really suit her. (US Shonen Jump, September 2008)
>>
File: d8990d9e.jpg (155KB, 1024x780px) Image search: [Google]
d8990d9e.jpg
155KB, 1024x780px
>>152811664
Still 2008

Kubo uses dictionary to make English titles
>Kubo-sensei explained to us how he chose English chapter titles for the manga. He uses a dictionary to look up words that match his idea for the title, and often replaces a word with one that has a similar meaning but sounds better. Kubo-sensei didn't use a dictionary to choose "bleach" because the English word is already commonly used in Japan. (US Shonen Jump, September 2008)

Aizen's lack of backstory
>J: Will you ever do an Aizen backstory?
>Kubo-sensei: Will I...? To be honest, I think part of Aizen's appeal is that he's mysterious. It probably wouldn't be good for his character if I revealed everything about him. If I felt the urge to tell, maybe I would, but I'm just not sure right now. (US Shonen Jump, September 2008)

No plans for Yama-jii (does it mean he hasn't thought about the war vs Yhwach 1000 years ago?)
>SJ: Does Captain Yamamoto have a larger plan for the Soul Society? He seems to have no problem with his captains dying.
>Kubo-sensei: Does he? I don't have anything planned for him right now. What's interesting about Genryuusai is you can never guess his true intentions. Among the captains, like Shunsui and Unohana, there are a few who appear to have something more to them, but for now I'll have to say it's all a secret. (US Shonen Jump, Sep 2008)

Renji is not captain material (by the end of SS arc)
>SJ: Will we learn who will become captains in place of Aizen, Ichimaru and Tousen?
>Kubo-sensei: Probably not anytime soon. Assistant captains lack certain abilities that captains have. I personally think the assistant captains need some time before they can become captains. Renji is a major character who's pretty powerful, but put him next to the captains and you'll probably notice that he's kind of erratic... and missing a noble quality. The captains are simply on a whole other level. (US Shonen Jump, Sep 2008)
>>
File: Isshin.jpg (40KB, 300x557px) Image search: [Google]
Isshin.jpg
40KB, 300x557px
>>152812041
Many English material from 2008 because SDCC

Again, no ending in sight.
>IGN: What are your plans for the future of Bleach? Do you have an ending in mind?
>Kubo: There is no ending for Bleach at the moment. (IGN, August 2008)

At first, captains didn't exist
>Tite Kubo: At first, I didn't plan that there would be Taicho, the head Captain of the Soul Society. The captains, they didn't exist at first. (About.com, July 2008)

Quincy is rival, name derived from 5 point cross
>Tite Kubo: I created Quincies to be Ichigo's rival characters, so I put Uryu in white clothing (compared to the black kimono worn by the Soul Reapers). Quincies use arrows because they're long range weapons, so it's difficult for Ichigo to fight them with his sword, which is more for short range combat. The Quincy cross has 5 points, kind of like the the Japanese 5-pointed star. 5 points, quintet, Quincy! Quincies use arrows, so if you call them Quincy Archers, it sounds like a name, so I kind of liked that. (About.com, July 2008)

Isshin is decided to be a shinigami at chapter 2. He was not yet a captain, because captains haven't been decided.
>Tite Kubo: After I finished drawing chapter one, I already knew that Ichigo's dad Isshin would be a Soul Reaper. At the time, I didn't plan on having leaders in the Soul Society, so I didn't plan on him being one of the leaders. (About.com, July 2008)

Isshin backstory - he eventually wrote it 5 years later.
>Q: Will you feature a back story about Isshin?
>Tite Kubo: Yes, I will draw it! (About.com, July 2008)

"Brave" as theme? Not planned.
>What do you think is the main theme of Bleach?
>In my work, I don’t like to impose a message or theme onto the reader. I want the characters to develop on their own and create the story themselves, and it usually turns out very clever. (Anime Insider Oct 2008 issue)
>>
>>152808896
Soul Society Arc
Arrancar Arc
1000 year Blood War
Pre-Reaper
Fullbring Arc
Fake Karakura Town War
>>
>>152809265
On when Aizen was decided as a bad guy, it's reiterated in Masked interview.

So at the time Kubo killed Aizen, in Kubo's mind he is an actual good guy?
>>
>>152815072
Chronology
>Aizen dead
>Kubo writes ending of SS arc
>'eh, I don't want him dead after all'
>Aizen is now the mastermind of everything & next arc will be the world of hollows
>oh there's this old scene of ripping off the mask... I know! unmasked hollows and masked shinigami!
>and this scrapped transfer student from chapter 1 will be the masked shinigami!

>and my paycheck for the next 5 years is guaranteed!
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 14

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.