[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just watched Eureka 7 for the first and I liked it a lot.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: eureka7.jpg (270KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
eureka7.jpg
270KB, 1024x768px
So I just watched Eureka 7 for the first and I liked it a lot.
What's /a/s general opinion of the series, is it overhyped, or is it one of the rare few series that lives up to the normie hype-train?

In addition, is AO/the movie worth a watch? Or are they both irredeemable shit?

Bonus question: which OP, and why is it OP 2?
>>
>>152805628
Both AO and the movie are such irredeemable pieces of shit that they will retroactively ruin your enjoyment of the original.
>>
It was pretty good. AO is hot garbage though.
>>
>>152805628
Bump
>>
Eureka looks so fucking ugly after her hair gets all fucked, holy shit.
>>
It was unnecessarily long and the content produced afterwards proves that it was pure dumb luck that Eu7 had any sort of quality.

I'm retarded and can't understand how terrible(actual terrible and not just "terrible because it's shallow" terrible) shit has good production values.
>>
>>152805787
>>152805794
Woo laddy, is there any particular reason for this, or is it because eureka 7 wrapped up in such a nice way that any sequel was destined to not feel right?
>>
It was pretty good, the movie is meh and AO is hot garbage and shits all over E7
>>
the people who love it love it adoringly so and disregard common criticisms and this leads to much shit flinging by people who don't think it's the greatest thing ever and know they're easily triggered.

AO not worth the watch(irredeemable)
movie only worth the watch if you desperately want more content of the original series (not irredeemable)

OP 2 because trumpets
>>
>>152805867
>because eureka 7 wrapped up in such a nice way that any sequel was destined to not feel right?
That's true, but it's not the main reason why AO is shit.
>>
File: 1341784268937.jpg (350KB, 1114x1258px) Image search: [Google]
1341784268937.jpg
350KB, 1114x1258px
>>
>>152805628
There's been alot of /a/nons suddenly finishing E7 for the first time recently.

Am I missing something?
Did some E7 event or movie get announced?
AO 2?
>>
File: 1336744868375.jpg (110KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1336744868375.jpg
110KB, 1280x720px
>>
>>152805962
Newfags
>>
Watched it years ago and loved it. Still have ost on phone.

https://youtu.be/5T9Yygju9IY
>>
>>152805918
What criticisms are those?
>>
>>152805628
Tip Taps Tip was the best OP/ED
>>
>>152805962
There is the pachinko machine and the unused footage for the epilogue the released as ONAs to advertise the pachinko
>>
>>152805962
Not that I'm aware, I just watched it on a whim because COOL SURFAN ROBOTS, and I had a bit of time on my hands before work at the uni really picks up.

>>152805918
>the people who love it love it adoringly so and disregard common criticisms and this leads to much shit flinging by people who don't think it's the greatest thing ever and know they're easily triggered.
That's fair, I'm a sap for most of the things the show did well, so the things it did poorly were excusable for me, but anybody who isn't as much of a sucker could definitely have a harder time letting its faults slide.
>>
Bampu
>>
>>152805867
AO starts off with a lot of promise and it's hype as fuck because fuck yeah, more E7. Then it's monster of the week bullshit for like 10 episodes and it doesn't answer ANY questions about the setting it brings up in the first episode (completely different universe) then at like episode 10 Eureka shows up in the Nirvash and GekkoState or whatever the ship was called and it sucks you back in and you think it's about to get amazing since then Renton shows up in a much larger Nirvash but then it just blows it when it had so much going for it and it brought up a lot of new questions and concepts. It wouldn't have been so bad as MOTW but there wasn't any development in those episodes. The show also ends with Dewey being completely right in his motivations. It was also rushed and full of missed potential which could at best be red herrings.

I really don't remember why it sucked but I remember loving the original and hating this wishing I hadn't watched it.

It was even worse if you were watching it while it was airing because it took several months long hiatuses and the only group subbing it was hadena and they fucking sucked ass when they delivered like a week later.
>>
>>152806151
Fly Away was better
>>
>>152806495
Mmmmmmmmm no
>>
>>152805628
>Bonus question: which OP, and why is it OP 2?
Because Home Made Kazoku is great.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvYuf4r-8xk
>>
>>152806495
Was Fly Away done by the same artist who did the music for Persona 3, or am I just going crazy here?
>>
>>152805834
i disagree. I feel the length was warranted and put to good use.
>>
I finished it myself not long ago.

Honestly the slow start and how it took a whole three tries for me to get into the show with the last time having me forcing myself a bit and skipping what I had already watched in the past takes away from the series as a whole. Another detriment as that things could have been explained, but aren't for a long time and all of the adult characters are assholes until the third act or so outside of Charles and Ray who are great. Another issue is that while I like Renton and Eureka's relationship a whole, that for the most part was the glue of the series and in the early middle or so she spends the entire time ignoring him and doing nothing which hurts that part. The last part that bothers me is that they literally don't explain shit until the very end (which hurts early on) and even then it kind of comes off as vague mumbo jumbo even if I did get it. The lack of a clear sort of goal despite it being treated like one felt a bit off.

Maybe it's all a result of it being too long for its own good, but in a lot of ways it's impressive too. It's unique visually, with great character designs, and animation for a longer show. It had a pretty strong central relationship which is rare for anime in the end, and did some decent development with other characters.

For me it's OP 1 > OP 3 >= OP 2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> OP 4, that one was a bit drop.

Overall I give it a 6-7 depending on my mood (above average-good), but I feel that it has enough merits to be watched, particularly if something hooks you. I like it by the end, but not quite as much as I would have liked.
>>
>>152806740
Eureka ignoring renton for so long was huge and necessary for the entire plot. It's what carried her character progression as she learned she had feelings of infatuation and allowed Renton to mature with charles/ray too. Same with all the adults being complete dicks to him considering he acted like a complete child until he left to charles/ray. Obviously Holland is a complete different matter since he's the biggest child of them all but that's a different branching plot point.
>>
AO is bad because it's the dullest thing ever despite looking ridiculously good. It also has no impact whatsoever on the canon, it functionally may have well just been a dream.

Elena is cute though.

The movie is acceptable.
>>152805918
I criticize the series more than anybody.

The truth is, the majority of 'flaws' people point out are completely necessary for the series to work the way it does. The real flaws are poor execution at some points, budget OP animations, and that it honestly goes over a lot of heads.

The joined dream episode could have been done much better. I'm still trying to debate whether it was trying to be satirical or was just really horribly done.

Every OP animation was cheap despite mostly being stills. I mean, if you aren't going to animate something at least don't draw it like an inbetween. The animation is going to be reused for 12 weeks.

It's popularity has died out, and has less of a facade than something like NGE, so most don't bother to even try to interpret it despite it having much more breadth.
Most people, for example, do not know that the whole thing about the Golden Bough and the weird rituals around Dewey and Holland's family are a kick at people basing how they live on old traditions (there's more of this in AO too. Ao/Eureka are picked on for this reason.)
It feels forced because it is forced. Dewey is delusional and thinks the earth has been raped by the Coralians, so he plans an elaborate keikaku to kill both. Norb mocks the Vodarac for their archaic traditions. Sakuya was locked away so she could remain untainted, because they thought the Coralians did not want her to be tainted.
They wanted her to be 'tainted'. After she turns into a lotus flower they continue to attempt to merge priests with drives, because they think that will wake her up.

At every step, the series is comedic and serious.
>>152806740
>literally not getting the series
No wonder you dislike OP4 so much.
>>
>>152807243
I realize people dislike all my interpretations of the series because they think they're experts on it or something and not the guy that's been into it MAX since it aired. I've justified my stance enough I feel, so don't expect me to come back to explain further (I'm going to sleep anyway.)

I'm not claiming to be an expert, by the way. I just definitely take this series much more seriously than most. I've probably based my entire life and career on it, as if I weren't already pathetic enough.
>>
>>152805628
dont touch that fucking movie.
>>
>>152805628
E7 is still my fav anime out there so do yourself a favor and DO NOT WATCH the movie or Ao. They will destroy your hopes and dreams.

Seriously anon, don't fucking do it
>>
OP 4 is just a significantly weaker song, it doesn't have to do with the visuals at all. It falls severely short of two of my favorite artists and another song that was quite good.

The flaws might have been there for the sake of the show, but I'm pointing them out as flaws as to why it detracted from my enjoyment of the series. Even if things are done as they were for the sake of what the show was doing, if it lacks an enjoyment factor or likability then it's failing as entertainment, at least for me.
>>
Shounen Heart is the best OP
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.