[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why didn't he just go to Brittania when he got the Geass,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 2

File: rerouch.jpg (300KB, 1364x768px) Image search: [Google]
rerouch.jpg
300KB, 1364x768px
So why didn't he just go to Brittania when he got the Geass, become king by Geassing everyone in his way and then change the world the same way? obviously that wouldn't have worked since Charles has the Geass too but he didn't know that. He gives an offhanded excuse that he doesn't like using the Geass but he uses it every chance he gets so that's not really true either.
>>
>>152781914
>obviously that wouldn't have worked since Charles has the Geass too
Geass people can be geassed.
>>
>>152781914
Why didn't Frodo just ride an eagle to Mount Doom?
>>
>>152781914
I always thought it was because it would mean leaving Nunally, and he sure as hell couldn't bring her with him because he was hoping to keep her in the dark the whole time.
>>
>>152781914
1. He was more interested in defeating Brittania out of pride
2. It would be suicide to go to the heart of the empire without supporters and a plan (when he actually did it near the end of R2 Charles was dead and he had Suzaku by his side).
3. He didn't want to endanger Nunnally
>>
He does become the Emperor anyway.
I suppose it was just a matter of waiting for the right time.
>>
>>152781914
Because that's an incredibly blunt plan that would have been detected and countered long before he got anywhere near Charles?

He was already planning on overthrowing Britannia starting with Japan, he just adjusted his plans to include geass.
>>
>>152782000
It wouldn't take long if he mass Geassed people and then brought Nunnally to Brittania. It's not like he spends much time in the series with her anyways.
>>152781944
Good point. I just mentioned it since I thought people might use that as a response to my question.
>>152781969
I'm not 100% sure but i remember something about the Eagles owing Gandalf a favor which he used up earlier on.
>>
In a game of chess you don't just move your king next to the other side's king and take it, you have to get rid of all the pawns and shit first before you can get into a good position to do it.
>>
>>152782113
kek
>>
>>152782100
He could have used Geass on people whenever they recognized him or got in his way.
>>152782113
But the king in chess doesn't have the power to control the other king's pawns.
>>
File: Schneizel59.jpg (123KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Schneizel59.jpg
123KB, 1920x1080px
>>152782113
>Implying
>>
>>152782186
Well I meant from the starting position, but point taken.
>>
How would Lulu have won if he never got Geass?
>>
>>152782186
>>152782113
Maybe Chess in the Geass world has a different set of rules, principles and strategies from our Chess.
>>
>>152781914
It would have worked since Charles didn't have the Code yet. VV could have gotten in the way somehow, but by controlling everyone Lelouch would have probably prevailed.

The right question anyway is why did it take so much for him to realize that the only order he should give to his enemies is "obey me" rather than retarded and pointless orders like "give me your Nightmare".
>>
>>152782268
>>152782112
>>152781914
It's very subtle but did you notice how at the beginning, Lelouch didn't use Geass on Clovis nor did he ever use the "obey my every command" on people?
The series gradually shows how his own pride and feelings affects his willingness to Geass people. By the end of S2 once the black knights betray him and he thinks his sister's dead, his inhibitions have all but disappeared, and he's ready to mindbreak anyone with a pulse.

If that Lelouch had been there from the beginning of the show, yes he would have just taken a plane to Britannia and done what you suggested.
>>
>>152782211
He wouldn't have. He makes so many mistakes during the series and only escapes because of Geass or C.C. His Black Rebellion would never have worked if not for Geass.
>>
>>152781914
>Go to britannia
>Geass everyone
>Become God Emperor Lelouch
>Feelsgoodman
>One day the Chineymans and Yurop go out for a night on the town
>Yo senpai we should shank up dat Brittania guy cuz
>Yeah bruv I feel that, lets fuck 'im up
>Form joint army
>Brittania is now kill as it has already relinquished control of the nations it once ruled
>Elevens and other formerly oppressed nations turn on the now diminished Britannia
>Brittania is kill
>No
>Yes
>>
>>152782113
You can technically checkmate without any exchange of pieces.

That normally only happens if your opponent is dumb, but since Charles had no idea of the power Lelouch just acquired the conditions were basically right.

On the contrary by using his power so vastly for decidedly less ambitious objectives, he basically revealed his cards and lost his chance.
>>
>>152781914
Maybe because he isn't an idiot like you
>Requires eye contact
>Has limited range
Just shoot him from a knightmare a mile away and he's done for, or just carpet bomb the entire region he's in
>>
>>152782322
This is the best explanation so far but I think someone should have brought it up in the show considering all the bloodshed that could have been avoided had Lelouch just gone to Brittania in the first place.
>>
>>152782484
He's mass-Geassed people in the show, he can use reflections too. It doesn't make sense considering what the show says at the beginning, but he has done it.
>>
>>152782322
It is very understandable why he never used his Geass on his allies, and that is why I specified "his enemies".

He should really care little of people that he hasn't a second thought killing.

Also he DID use his Geass on Clovis
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0x5vfPWCBo
>>
>>152782629
Yeah, for something trivial, but he didn't use the Geass to make Clovis his slave, nor did he use it to tell Clovis to kill himself or even call off the attack. He made Clovis do that while he was conscious, because that's how much Lelouch hated the royal family.
>>
>>152782484
As one of the heir in line for the throne Lelouch could arrange a meeting with his father as it is clearly shown happening in the series.

Even if they didn't allow him for some reason, he'd still have no problems meeting with all of his brothers, and then meeting whole armies, and guards, and whoever was around Charles.
>>
>>152782683
> because that's how much Lelouch hated the royal family

He didn't hate his family any less when he made them all become slaves and put them into cleaning duty.

He simply wanted one thing from Clovis and he planned to kill him soon afterwards.
>>
>>152781969
that was actually Gandalf's original plan. the first pass they were using to go through the mountains was leading them directly to the nests of the eagles. Sauron shutting down that "narrow" pass forced Gandalf to improvise.
>>
>>152781969
Eagles don't give a shit about the other races' affairs, they only helped Gandalf (who is basically Jesus) in The Hobbit and RotK because he saved their asses.
>>
>>152782822
>He didn't hate his family any less when he made them all become slaves and put them into cleaning duty
Yes he did, that's exactly the point.
Or, to be more precise, he didn't care about that nearly as much as other more important things on his mind.
>He simply wanted one thing from Clovis and he planned to kill him soon afterwards
Correct. But according to you, Lelouch SHOULD have Geass'd Clovis to be his slave or some shit, which he didn't do. Why? Because his pride/hate got in the way of that. I mean he was still getting used to the whole ordeal, evidenced by him vomiting later on to the fact that he just killed his brother.
>>
>>152782717
>As one of the heir in line for the throne Lelouch could arrange a meeting with his father
Pretty sure he's disowned and a political hostage
>as it is clearly shown happening in the series.
You mean captured by Suzaku?
>>
>>152782268
His geass is said to have gotten stronger over the course of the show. We're never told exactly what that means, but over time he gives more complicated commands with more conditionals to larger groups of people. I think it's not unreasonable to guess that he wasn't able to give an "obey me" command at the start.
>>
>>152782618
Its because his Geass got stronger, he wasn't able to geass multiple people at a time at the beginning
>>
>>152782972
what about like literally the first time he used it
>>
>>152782268
Is it really that hard to understand he didn't geass even his enemies because he thought thats the most evil thing he could possibly do? He started doing it only after being betrayed by BK
>>
>>152781914
Because Lulu is a little bitch.
>>
>>152781914
because lelouche couldn't mass geass before that point, or at least I don't believe so, I mean he was a able to geass a small platoon that came after CC but that was probably to show how much his ppowers evolved. and I guess till the thought elevator that was all h was capable of.
>>
>>152781969
Because there a shit load of anti-air defense they would have to overcome.
>>
Probably because he wanted to do it without geass. He said he had a plan to defeat Britannia. The way I imagine it, his geass was a lot like console commands in a game, in the beginning he had the mindset of "I'll just use it too make things a little easier so it's still hard" than by the end of 2nd season he finally just embraced the fact he was pretty much a demigod. He wanted to keep the challenge of his mission but in the end just lost restraint and wanted to finish what he started.
>>
He wanted to be better than the 'bad guys'. He flirted with the idea of being the baddest dude around, but like every teen edgelord he's not as hardcore as he thinks he is. His greatest crimes are accidents or of passion.

After Nunnally supposedly gets nuked, BKs turn on him and Rolo self-sacrifices to save him, he stops caring about morality and just outright enslaves people. After Instrumentlity, he resolves to finally be that great evil he was talking about to achieve his aims.

In essense: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1n9RNNlFTMM
>>
>>152785111
But what he actually did in the show resulted in so much death that could have been avoided.
Thread posts: 41
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.