[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is something as awful as this praised by weebs as "deep",

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 4

File: 1485373753237.jpg (75KB, 707x500px) Image search: [Google]
1485373753237.jpg
75KB, 707x500px
How is something as awful as this praised by weebs as "deep", "amazing plot", and "dark"?
>>
Leaving everything else aside, are you really arguing that Madoka isn't dark, and that "dark" is praise?
>>
I miss when you could just like this series.
>>
>>152766099
Why do you think it's awful? It's ok.
>>
>>152767468
Inb4 he paraphrases some anime reviewer.
>>
The standards are set much lower for anime and manga - it's why Ghost in the Shell gets acclaimed as "deep" when it only touches upon surface-level existentialism
>>
>deep
Literally no one says that. At least not on /a/

>amazing plot
Again, who said that? The plot is decent, but nothing spectacular.

>Dark
How it isn't dark?

Oh wait, this thread is bait and OP is a subhuman who should do humanity a favor by killing himself.
>>
File: 3rei-06-F.jpg (102KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
3rei-06-F.jpg
102KB, 900x900px
>>152766099
It's the best in its genre.
>>
File: i don't get it.png (23KB, 212x172px) Image search: [Google]
i don't get it.png
23KB, 212x172px
>>152768187
>>
>>152766099
Don't forget "deconstruction"
>>
>>152768187
Yesterday I took a dump, a mighty behemoth of a turd and lord did it stink. Yet I fished a single colossus hunk of fecal matter from the toilet and ported it onto a plate. Not just any plate, my good china. I set the table elegantly and began to play classical music from my expensive but tasteful sound system.

Then I sat down to my turd, my glorious shit and began by inhaling it's delicate scent. It smelled like poop. Turning it over with my hands, not wanting to waste it on mere silverware, I inspected every crevice of my veritable Mount. Shitmore, yet where the faces of Presidents might have been there were only corn kernels and the occasional undigested bean. The beans and corn kernels I set aside for later use. Delicately, I tore a small portion of waste and smeared it across my lips so as to give myself shit lips. Then I took the remaining dooky, fashioned it into a cylinder not entirely dissimilar to a shit dildo and began to fellate it. Each time the poop graced my tongue I was greeted with a foul taste that could only be described my fecal matter.

Finally I could take no more of the foul substance. I had to have it. As Beethoven's Ode to Joy reached a mighty crescendo so too did I as I stuffed the log into mouth and swallowed, pissing my pants in joy as I did so. I blacked out in happiness and the memory of this event was blurry forever after and yet it seemed that before I had fallen into a restful slumber I had updated my journal. Carefully, I opened it and read the days entry detailing what it was that I had done. I was appalled until I found a single entry that described the event:

>It was good for what it was
>>
>>152768187
Yuyuyu did the dark magical girl thing better. It didn't need a sequel
>>
>>152766099
I don't really get why people praised it so much either or why it was so popular. Maybe I had to be in the threads to get it.
>>
>>152766099

why do you think "dark" is a compliment? It's an accurate description of what the show is, it's not positive or negative

The plot is actually very simple and the simplicity of the plot allows the show to highlight aesthetic qualities, it has a very unique visual design that stands out from other anime but you'd probably not notice this if you don't watch much anime. It's refreshingly different. It also has character writing that's pretty different from most anime, basically it highlights their innocence without taking away their ability to impact the plot through making impactful and meaningful decisions. None of the lead characters are audience surrogates either, a common trope in anime. If anything, Kyubey is the audience surrogate.
>>
>>152766099
Let me guess, your favorite show is Evangelion and you're a NEET living in your mom's basement?
>>
>>152769253
Those aren't insults here, normalfag.
>>
>>152769324
Looks like I hit the jackpot.
>>
>>152769335
I'm not even the guy you were insulting, crossboarder.
>>
>>152769545
But you did get triggered by my post.
Also, if you're using terms like "normalfag", you a the /r9k/ crossboarder here.
>>
>>152769627
*your lol acting high and mighty and dont even understand contractions hah
>>
>>152766099
Because they weren't expecting a cute looking show with magical school girls to be dark. It just surprised them. Imagine your 13 years old self watching it. He would think is the best thing you have seen in your life because "Is so dark, and deep and unexpected".
>>
Behold. The same people posting the same boring things in the same boring threads behaving exactly as boring as before.
>>
>>152768187
Best in the magical girl genre? Are there people on /a/ that believe this?
>>
>>152766099
First you have to be an adult or have a life with wich you can relate to the story.
>>
>>152766099
They haven't seen Utena, which did everything Madoka tried to do better and 13 years earlier.
>>
>>152766099
Because Gentards.
>>
>>152766099
It's not deep but it probably has one of the best scripts in anime history.

Read about the art of writing and you'll know it's true.
>>
>>152776663
0/10
>>
>>152775686
You mean did everything Madoka did but gayer and with more unlikable characters.
>>
>>152777238
I'd rather have gay shit and unlikable characters that are actually interesting and engaging individuals rather than the shallow caricatures in Madoka. Also:

>Utena
>Nanami
>Juri
>Miki
>a whole bunch of side characters
>unlikable
>>
>>152779097
They were, Every character in Utena save for Ruka was garbage. Also Nanami is the best girl.
>>
>>152779242
At least you know which characters were the best, I'll give you that.
>>
>>152768187
This.
>>
>>152766099
That was so funny.

Not! Jesus Christ what year do you think it is? 2007? That is the most 9fag comment ive seen on this site ever, and I've been here long enough to remembers the original Sparta edits and macros. Yeah, that's right, a picture with text were called macros back in the day, not memes, you fucking faggot. Go back to Facebook where you think you're funny
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.