[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

K-On

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: k-on_character.jpg (79KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
k-on_character.jpg
79KB, 640x480px
How come K-On is destined to an audience of young males? It talks about the life of a group of young girls, eating and drinking the whole day, occasionally playing instruments.
The art of it is girlish, the elements are cute, the anime talks about girl things. I see nothing that would appeal to young males - and to this day, I have only personally met female fans of K-On.
Is the large audience of K-On shut-ins living in their mom's basement? There is literally nothing on it that says "This is for dudes"
>>
>>152740704
The anime was intended for adult women and teenagers.
>>
Scroll down the catalog and look at which types of anime get discussed here. Young males love this shit for whatever reason.
>>
>>152740807
It's marked as Seinen in most sites
>>
>>152740844
But that's just 4chan being overwhelmingly male. Although Hiro-moot says the site is 30% female I have serious doubts
>>
>>152740850
The anime is quite different from the manga.
>>
90% of threads on /a/ are about k-on type shows. this board is dedicated to manchildren who want to relive their younger years through the eyes of a cute young girl aka the young males who worship k-on
>>
File: 1336510069832.jpg (618KB, 1000x1437px) Image search: [Google]
1336510069832.jpg
618KB, 1000x1437px
>>152740704
Different cultures. Your strong hot blooded manly man of the west isn't actually how most men are, and for an stressed out person, without relationships to fill the human interaction need we have, watching a cute show about cute girls helps fill that need so young Japanese men can keep working 12 hours a day and not waste time on these pesky real life relationships.

But yeah it also ended up being hugely popular for everyone, not just young male.
>>
>>152740876
The idea that aniotaku are overwhelmingly male is a misconception.
Even in the United States, there's still a cultural taboo against being a geek as a girl. Being smart, i.e. nerdy, is more in vogue now, but obsessing over stupid shit like anime is just as frowned upon as ever. They hide it.
On top of that, computer skills were considered unsuitable for girls from about 1980 through the ninties, so the trope that there are no girls on the Internet has been set in stone since usenet.
>>
>>152741331
I didn't say that anime had an overwhelmingly male audience. I said 4chan has.
>>
>>152741849
Hence the second paragraph. No girls on the Internet is a meme.
>>
>>152740704
Japanese males don't care about whether the main character is male or female as long the show is appealing to them.
>>
>>152743477
what makes a show appealing to japanese males?
>>
>>152743398
A good meme. 4chan was more fun when girls just pretended to be homosexual boys.
>>
>>152743691
a lot of cute girls or this >>152743747
>>
>>152740704
Japan values interpersonal relationships much more than the west does (which is all about not relying on anybody and getting help means you're a fag), and K-On! is entirely about building friendships.
Watching cute, idealized girls is naturally more soothing to guys as well.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.