[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Shonen Power-ups design

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: gear.jpg (217KB, 1354x532px) Image search: [Google]
gear.jpg
217KB, 1354x532px
>Left looks effortless and awesome at the same time
>Right looks silly and tryhard just for sake of being different.
>>
>>152699606
>ITT: Shonen Power-ups design
Here's a God tier one.
>>
>>152699606
Gear 4 is supposed to be kind of silly anon. One Piece never wants to go to the edgy side of coolness. However I would prefer if the haki coloring was patterned after muscle groups under Luffy's skin instead of random tribal tattoos
>>
>>152699606
It's just a reference to SSJ3. One Piece is just Dragonball homage.
>>
>>152699606
>silly and tryhard
Aren't these thing contradicting each other?
>>
File: 1474669367395.png (131KB, 681x273px) Image search: [Google]
1474669367395.png
131KB, 681x273px
>>152699606
fuck off edgefag
>>
>>152700723
The pattern is supposed to be the gomu gomu no mi right? If you rewatch the transformation scene you'll see the haki trace the fruit.

>>152699606
>silly
>complaining about silly on One Piece
relax you edgelord
>>
File: 1480461097484.gif (70KB, 296x335px) Image search: [Google]
1480461097484.gif
70KB, 296x335px
>>152699606
>silly AND tryhard
>>
>>152699701
No fuck that shit. Replacing it with SSB and never looking back was a great decision.
>>
piss off
>>
>>152699606
You need context to understand those concepts, that's why being a one piece fan paid off so much:

The saga in were gear second was introduced was based on steam powered trains. Thus the "gear system" and steam coolness.
gear fourth was a continuation of this system (i bet for consistency and more of an editor choice) but Oda designed this when he was making the Wano saga.

I bet he wanted to make gear fourth a Wano arc power up, but again i blame their editors for this decision, as Dressarrosa was somewhat lackluster for a lot of fans, and wanted to grab some momentum. (also for being more profitable).
In the end only Oda knows, but that gear fourth design scream Classic Japan all over it, also Oda is a huge fan of that kind of art.

The two concepts are cool as hell for me, the only thing that i dont like about gear fourth, is that the black pigmentation is a haki thing, and not something from his rubber powers.
>>
>no Monkey Monkey no Mi model Sun Wukong
>>
>>152703709
Now that you are mentioning it the introduction of gear fourth would've made a lot more sense if it happend in Wano.
Like when he shouts FOUUUURSUUU!!!! along with the japanese aesthetics
Now it just kinda funny and cool
>>
>>152699606
>complaining about silly design in One Piece
Stop reading it. It's clearly not your shomen. Try Naruto instead.
>>
>>152703709
Gear 4th couldn't even work without haki.
>>
>>152702781
piss on
>>
>>152703709
>You need to understand
>makes something up about the editor forcing g4 early with no proof whatsoever
>>
>>152699606
underage?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.