[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Asano Inio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: asano.jpg (64KB, 383x383px) Image search: [Google]
asano.jpg
64KB, 383x383px
Can Asano Inio write a cute and pure romance between to teens?
>>
Why do I have a feeling he has never met a truly pure innocent woman in his life.
>>
He has
>>
>>152695543
he looks like a fuccboi himself
>>
>>152695193
Does anyone else think a good part of Oyasumi Punpun was autobiographical? I mean you don't just come up with original ideas like that unless it has some basis in reality.
>>
>>152695543
Nobody has.
>>
>>152695579
Read his interview.
>>
>>152695946
which
>>
>>152695193
>Can Asano Inio write
No.
>>
>>152695960
https://mangabrog.wordpress.com/2014/07/06/inio-asano-interview-reality-is-tough-so-read-this-manga-about-cute-girls-and-feel-better/

>Do you by any chance have some sort of trauma from your first love?

>Asano: I did fall in love with a girl who transferred to my elementary school, but she didn’t leave much of a mark on me, so she wasn’t exactly an Aiko. The girlfriend I had before my wife, though — she might be an Aiko. I was with her when I was doing Solanin. I thought she was helpless and it was up to me to save her — but really, she didn’t need me at all.

>–What do you mean?

>Asano: I was convinced that she was helpless without me, but it turned out that she’s surprisingly responsible after all, so after we broke up she just started working like a normal person. When I saw that she didn’t actually need me, I realized that it was actually me who depended on her, and I felt really embarrassed.

>–Wow.

>Asano: I think I wanted that girl to be in an unhappy position like Aiko, so I could save her.
>>
>>152696060
>my wife
That's the most surprising thing about this interview desu
>>
>>152696079

>–After Punpun graduates from high school, the aspiring manga artist Sachi Nanjo appears. Was she always part of the plan?

>Asano: I’d intended on making a love triangle between Punpun, Aiko and Satchan from the very start. In chapter one, there’s a scene where Punpun’s dad looks through a telescope and talks about the summer triangle, and I put that in there so that, reading back, I’d remember that Punpun was supposed to be about a love triangle.

>–You were foreshadowing that in the first chapter!

>Asano: Vega is Orihime, Altair is Hikoboshi — and then with the addition of Deneb, it becomes the summer triangle. Satchan similarly creates the triangle with her and Punpun and Aiko — or Hikoboshi and Orihime. The horns Punpun eventually grows (volume 11) aren’t devil horns; Hikoboshi is also called the cowherd star, so those horns are supposed to be bull horns.

This is my favorite bit.
>>
>>152695543
No such thing
>>
Didn't he change his gender or was that a hoax
>>
Asano: At first I’d intended to make it a very innocent love story about a couple of kids in their early teens, but as I was making the rough draft, I just couldn’t get a handle on the story, so I decided to make it a love story in reverse.

–Starting with sex, and ending with the admission of romantic feelings.
>>
>>152695193
No he hates himself an his works.
>>
>>152696396
That was a ridiculous mistranslation. He was making a comment/joke about wanting to be a girl for a day, and ANN's retards somehow interpreted that to mean he was actually having sex reassignment surgery.
>>
I can only hope his wife was the pure virgin waifu his stories never have
>>
His book with the butterflies and the alternate dimensions or whatever is terrible from a narrative standpoint but has decent atmosphere.

I unrionically really like Punpun and I wish /a/ was more open to enjoying it.
>>
>>152696757
I love all his works to be honest.
>>
>>152696809
Is DDDDDD or whatever it's abbreviated as any good? Has it gotten grimdark yet?
>>
>>152696079

>Asano has a wife
Doesn't he want to become trans or something to write a manga about trans people or am I confusing him with someone else?
>>
>>152696939
You have the right guy, but see >>152696442 . The wanting-to-be-trans stuff was misinterpreted. He did say he was considering exploring that stuff in his next series, though, and there is a trannie in DDDDDDDD, but it's not about that.
>>
>>152696978
Oh, and by "next series," he did mean DDDDDDDD, in case that wasn't clear.
>>
Will there be a pure girl who will come out unscathed in his works?
>>
File: img000017.jpg (141KB, 655x507px) Image search: [Google]
img000017.jpg
141KB, 655x507px
>>152696912
It's my least favorite by him, but I still enjoy it.

Nothing too major has happened yet, but things are heating up.
>>
solanin was his best work
>>
>>152697060
I'm disappointed we saw the protag's tits in the first few pages and never again. I like Asano's track record of tacky sex scenes full of despair.
>>
>>152695193
Someone give this fuckwit a haircut. It does not suit his face at all.
>>
i really enjoy his one-shots.
>>
File: MR-356012-696382-5.jpg (594KB, 1739x1250px) Image search: [Google]
MR-356012-696382-5.jpg
594KB, 1739x1250px
>>152697200
>>
>>152696912
Dedede is actually my favorite work of his. It's ridiculously funny and I far prefer his new backgrounds to the old ones that looked just a little too photographic.
>>
>>
>>152697123
From the rest of his work, between Punpun's uncles girlfriend raping him when she can't handle her loneliness, every interaction between Punpun and Aiko, and pretty much every goddamn page of A Girl by the Sea, it seems like, for his narrative purposes, sex is just a way to portray self-destructive tendencies. Every sex scene in his manga involves someone using someone else to harm themselves more deeply than they could have alone.

That kind of overwhelming nihilstic masochism was never a theme in Solanin, so sex was never necessary.
>>
>>152697060

A Girl By The Sea > Oyasumi Punpun > Solanin > Nijigahara Holograph > the rest >>>>> DeDeDesomething
>>
>>152700368
But Solainin had sex..
>>
>>152700988
"What a wonderful world" and "city of light" are really great.
>>
>>152695193
DeDeDe has decent sale. It should get anime.
>>
>>152701095
this, People sleep on city of light and it makes me angry as fuck
>>
>>152701783
Hikari No Machi and Subrashii are actually my favourite of his after Punpun.
Sekai no owari is great too. Only stuff by him I didn't care for was Solanin and DDD. I barely remember Nijigahara but from what I do recall it was fairly disjointed and confusing.
If anyones looking for something similar to Inio's work you should check out Himegoto Jyuukuusai No Seifuku. Art wise it's fairly different but thematically it's pretty similar to a girl by the sea and punpun.
>>
>>152695543
;_;
>>
>>152695193
>Can Asano Inio write a cute and pure romance between to teens?
punpun vol.1-6.
>>
File: aiko.gif (391KB, 500x426px) Image search: [Google]
aiko.gif
391KB, 500x426px
>>152703320
>vol.1-6.
>cute and pure
The fuck you talking about?
>>
File: solanin1_cover.jpg (480KB, 2000x1094px) Image search: [Google]
solanin1_cover.jpg
480KB, 2000x1094px
>>152695543
>>152695193
>
>>
>>152695543
Because truly pure innocent women do not exist. 3DPD is PD for a reason.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.