[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Code geass or Death note? Which one does /a/ think is the GREATEST

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: latest-2(1).png (581KB, 800x1206px) Image search: [Google]
latest-2(1).png
581KB, 800x1206px
Code geass or Death note?

Which one does /a/ think is the GREATEST ANIME OF ALL TIME
>>
>>152688178
Berserk. Now fuck off
>>
>>152689394
/thread
>>
>>152688178
Death Note's better than Geass
NGE is the best anime of all time.
>>
>>152689500
Why and why?
>>152689394
Berserk is already the best manga
>>
>>152689500
Death Note has likable characters and interesting events.
NGE succeeds in not only being a very palatable show, but exceeds the bounds for which would be expected of an anime in terms of cinematic excellence, philosophical intrigue, personal expression (that of Anno's) and lasting relevance.
>>
>>152689625
>>152689544
Sorry, clicked the wrong post num.
>>
>>152689500

Death Note was better written. We can see that consequences are the results of actions and the plans made by Light/L/Near, etc. come to fruition in a way that is logical.

Code Geass tries to replicate this but more often than not we're asked to believe Lelouche is some sort of genius even though, as it's presented, he wins battles by pure luck.
Code Geass is entertaining, but only because of how silly it is.
>>
>>152689625
Most code geass characters are very unrealistic especially compared to death note but what makes you prefer Kira or L matsuda Misa over code geass characters?

I thought NGE was more like 're:zero and doesn't really compete with series like death note or code geass. Never saw it but heard something about it and saw the shinji fap scene

>>152689704
Well I like both and I think both are equally good. it is hard for me to say which is better which is why I made this thread.

I kinda wish the ending of death note was diff though. I'm not salty about light dying but I think Near and Mello have bad designs and it feels weird to see near beating Kira but L failed to do so (mostly because of emotions). To be fair mello had a cool character with how crazy the Fuck was but near was kinda annoying.
>>
Funny how these 2 series you mentioned OP are the only series in anime where I prefer dub over sub.

In death note because I was a normie and think death note surpassed anime genre and should be seen as a normal series of how great it is. And code geass the voices in DUB are so much more diff from eachother which I prefer over all the girls having high pitched voices and the guys sounding the same or lelouch having a low af voice
>>
>>152689817

>It's weird to see Near beating Kira

No, it makes perfect sense. He wasn't constrained by a sense of 'righteousness' like L was. He appears like L, and people think he's just L 2.0, but despite outward similarities they're morally very differently aligned. I feel a lot of people failed to understand this.

Near is about winning at any cost, that's why he used the Death Note to beat Kira.

L wanted to win, but he cared about 'justice' and wanted to win while maintaining a moral high-ground (i.e. by not using the Death Note).
>>
>>152689926
But Near a stupid shitty faggot character
>>
>>152690003

Why?
>>
>>152688178
Death Note begins better than Code Geass, but it shits the bed later on, and not in an entertaining kind of way like Code Geass.
>>
>>152689625
>Death Note has likable characters
What the fuck. Who's likable? Not Light, maybe L, not Misa, not Near, not Mellow.
>>
>>152690155
I gotta admit, I watched it when it aired. That's a long time ago, and I was considerably younger.
I plan to watch it again one day, but I liked L if anything.
>>
>>152690071
Because he just is a stupid fag character
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.