[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can we have a thread about The Climber? Just finished reading

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: 96223l.jpg (60KB, 315x450px) Image search: [Google]
96223l.jpg
60KB, 315x450px
Can we have a thread about The Climber?

Just finished reading this and while I love the art and Buntarous personal development I really didn't care for how it practically had a entirely new supporting cast after every new arc, and the pacing felt a bit staggered, particularly when he transferred into becoming a family man so quickly after half the series being about bitches and whores
>>
>>152668832
I agree with your gripes, but the final arc made the whole quick family thing fit in quite well because even when he found his place in society, he still decided to go on what was basically a suicide mission for his dream, climbing to his solitary paradise on k2.

I don't have it on me now but that page where it showed him climbing "naked" in total peace near the fucking top of k2 was really amazing and a fine peak to his character development.

Also, Buntarou had a hard time with everyone, not just bitches and whores. When his old friend took his money and lied to him just like that, I was really upset.
>>
I liked how every couple of chapters it tries to push how if he got over his autism things would improve, only to prove a few chapters later that his autism was completely justified and everyone around him weren't worth opening up to in the first place.
>>
File: 1438889098576.jpg (178KB, 829x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1438889098576.jpg
178KB, 829x1200px
10/10
>>
>>152668832
One of the best manga I've ever read.

I think that at the start of the series the creator/s weren't sure what they wanted the manga to be. At the beginning it felt like a typical sport manga, moody hero discovering his passion, introducing rivals etc. But then it did a major turn at some plot points were forever left. But it doesn't mean the story is bad. It just decided to be something else. Most of the action was what was happening to Mori's mind thourough the manga, I'd say. It was psychological journey.

I don't know if you're familiar with the book "Birdy" by William Wharton, but that's what Kokou no Hito reminded me of.

The last chapter made me cry.
>>
All the flash forwards made the story really confusing to read. I honestly can't put together a linear timeline of the post-Northern Alps pre-K2 stuff in my head because there were flash forwards on top of flash forwards. I'm not even sure which was the first time he met Takemura.
>>
Bump again
>>
File: img000009.jpg (226KB, 837x1200px) Image search: [Google]
img000009.jpg
226KB, 837x1200px
>you will never experience this
It fucking hurts.
>>
>>152668832
MC died in real life
>>
>>152674930
>MC died in real life
explain
>>
>>152675221
the guy MC is based on died climbing
>>
>>152674930
I assumed that guy would be more famous but he doesn't even have a Wikipedia article
>>
File: 014.png (659KB, 2179x1600px) Image search: [Google]
014.png
659KB, 2179x1600px
I dropped it sometime after he had a family, this was when translations were coming out still so I kinda just left it off after a period of no scanlations.

His new manga Innocent and now Innocent Rouge is good.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.