[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

JoJolion Speculation

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 48
Thread images: 11

File: n01kint.png (245KB, 500x413px) Image search: [Google]
n01kint.png
245KB, 500x413px
This isn't the /jojo/ general. This is a thread discussing the numerous theories and speculation about JoJolion thus far. Or just talk about the part itself.

To start, what do you think Jobin is trying to do and why do you think he's doing it?
>>
>This isn't the /jojo/ general.
It will be.
>>
I think the whole thing is just an elaborate prank
>>
Why even have a general if you need a new thread for every discussion topic? What the fuck do you even do in your general? Just circlejerk?

Fucking jojobronies.
>>
>>152652888
>jojobronies
fuck off
>>
File: killer doubt.png (96KB, 416x274px) Image search: [Google]
killer doubt.png
96KB, 416x274px
i'll shit out my idea to start, i guess

I think Jobin is trying to do all this to break the rock curse of his family. I don't think Jobin himself is a Rock Human, but very associated with them in the Rokakaka trade for a reason. Tsurugi is almost at the age to be inflicted with the curse, and that motherfucker is scared to death. It was enough to have Yotsuyu convince him to give away Gappy in exchange for the Rokakaka. It's also stated that the grafted Rokakaka is a unique and special variation with its own special properties, not just its own thing that Jobin could get from New Guinea.

I also have reason to think that Jobin is spiteful towards the Joestars. Johnny sacrificed himself to save his family, but the curse still moved on towards the Higashikatas and their eldest sons for generations. Johnny did it to save, Jobin may have seen it as a purposely inflicted curse. The legend is still around, and the family records are available. Norisuke doesn't anyone to observe the family records, it's possible he doesn't want to because Jobin looked through them and grew visible spite and hatred for the Joestars, and therefore Gappy (a fusion of two Joestars).

(1/2)

>>152652822
shit

>>152652888
because i'm a lonesome faggot
>>
>>152652563
I'm not sure what his endgame is, but, as of now, Jobin seems to be trying to get the Rokakaka to break the Higashikata curse, so that both his father and his son can live.
Maybe he'll try transfering it to someone else? To Morioh? To Gappy?
I don't know
>>
>>152652967
>I think Jobin is trying to do all this to break the rock curse of his family.

That would be heroic tho. He must have other motives, why is why he's keeping his dad in the dark.
>>
>>152652967
(2/2)

If you can't fucking read and have the memory of a goldfish, Jobin is doing this for his family. Kaato might've also done the same thing when Jobin was inflicted with the curse when he was 10. This may have caused the murder of the child that had her arrested, but 15 years would've only led her to be released when Jobin was 25, and he's 32, so there's a gap we don't know about.

Usually it takes some sort of sacrifice to save their sons, as Johnny did to George and how Norisuke's mom did to him. When Tsurugi's time comes, it may mean the sacrifice of either him or Norisuke, and the impacting grief may be too much for Jobin, leading him to search for alternatives. Therefore, the Rokakaka. With the help of Kaato, he may be able to reach the grafted Rokakaka with its special properties to fuse two objects together and nullify the curse or spread it somewhere else.

That's where the wacky "Johnny's body was confused for a Corpse" theory, and it seems a little plausible. It's unknown how Norisuke was cured, and the only real way the effects would've been nullified is with the Spin or Love Train. The Spin wasn't present during that time, so that only leaves good ol Jesus.

Jobin may try to fuse himself or someone else with Jesus or use its Love Train ability to spread something somewhere else and then use the Rokakaka for whatever purpose. Honestly, there's too many things left out to make a solid answer, but this is why I think he's doing it: to break the curse.

It also ties in with his spite to the Joestars. Jobin wants to be truly happy and go beyond, but he also wants Gappy to either not be happy or go below. In his mind: If Gappy gets the Fruit, the Joestars win as its going to someone else with the Rock Curse: Holly. If Jobin gets the Fruit, the Higashikatas win as its going to Tsurugi. There's two people with the Curse, and either one must be sacrificed, or there must be some way the curse can be nullified for both parties.

And that's about it.
>>
File: 1495018787992.png (30KB, 162x475px) Image search: [Google]
1495018787992.png
30KB, 162x475px
>>152653215
Honestly, I have no fucking idea. He may think what Jobin is doing is unethical if there really is a hidden layer to dealing with the curse, or maybe Kaato is hiding something that influences Jobin.

As I see it, it's really a race to see if Holly can be saved or if Tsurugi can be saved.
>>
>>152653246
I think there is more to it.
To this day, Araki's villains have had evil motivations, so I do believe Jobin has some shady shit under his sleeve.
Saving his family/breaking their curse is quite harmless.
Jobin wants something else.
>>
File: latest[1].jpg (135KB, 899x593px) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
135KB, 899x593px
Anyone else hoping we get one of these rock-babies as a throwback to Shizuka? 'Oh no, the baby's turning into a pebble again' could be even funnier than 'Oh no, the baby's turning invisible again'.

And I'm pretty sure Gappy wouldn't kill it either, while he's very ruthless when provoked there's nothing to suggest he'd kill a helpless infant.
>>
File: b96.png (1MB, 800x960px) Image search: [Google]
b96.png
1MB, 800x960px
>>152653442
not op, but i have an idea of what he would want if the corpse really is somewhere in morioh

pic related
>>
>>152653543
That'd be pretty cool.
Has anyone made a chart or something showing at which stage the Rocks we have seen were?
>>
>>152653543
gappy's only been shown to be ruthless when something gets in the way of his goals

unless the baby tries to stop him from getting the rokakaka i don't see him smashing a baby
>>
>>152653621
I don't think so, but people found that Aishou had shifted positions at one point because the pose he took when sleeping under his bed was different from the one he took when sleeping on that boat where Kira discovered him.

>>152653643
My thoughts exactly, while Gappy and Johnny are pretty fearsome, they're nowhere near as cruel or nasty as lots of people make them out to be.
>>
File: file.png (17KB, 196x253px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
17KB, 196x253px
>>152653543
>>152653643
>yfw he actually smashes the baby
>>
So can rock people just turn to rock at will, with the disadvantage of turning into rock permanently for months at a time?
>>
Oh god, wait, I think I had an idea.

What if they did take the corpse back, but not the whole corpse?

Johnny's head was crushed and corpse's head was detached.

What if it was johnny's body that was buried, but with Jesus's head.

This is where the whole invisible zombie jesus idea comes in. the zombie still has jesus's bite, but he's got Johnny's stand too. He could move the sickness with the infinite rotation!
>>
>>152653808
>alright baby where's the rokakaka?
>baby starts playing with its feet
>DON'T FUCK WITH ME

gappy yelling at a baby would actually be pretty funny
>>
>>152653808
>Gappy repeatedly hitting it, smashing a crying baby into dust and gravel

>>152653821
It seems to vary on their age and experience. Yagiyama could actively change at will and did so strategically, but Aishou (who was much younger) couldn't control his transformations much at all. He was injured during one of his long hibernation-periods but didn't wake up or react to Kira examining him, and when his house was being demolished around him after his GF sold it he didn't wake up and would have been killed if Yagiyama hadn't rescued him.
>>
>>152653543
There's no reason for Gappy to kill it. It's not like all rock humans are inherently out to get him.
>>
That part at the end of Jobin's introduction to Gappy, when Norisuke's stand automatically grabs/tracks a piece of the fruit that's on the floor

Did Norisuke not notice his stand doing something? Was he trying to lead Gappy on a clue?
>>
File: 1476841810335.png (337KB, 451x529px) Image search: [Google]
1476841810335.png
337KB, 451x529px
>Villain has reverse Bites The Dust
>Sends Gappy to the future
>Mystery Man from the start is Gappy and Yasuho's child
>>
File: aku takes his meds.jpg (3KB, 127x95px) Image search: [Google]
aku takes his meds.jpg
3KB, 127x95px
>>152656729
>Villain flings Gappy to the future where his evil is law
>Villain is Aku
>>
>>152652563
good thread keep it going
>>
File: 1485154049634.png (31KB, 837x582px) Image search: [Google]
1485154049634.png
31KB, 837x582px
Behold: Speed King's true ability
>>
>>152657564
>gappy still running away like a weirdo
>>
v
>>
This battle has been lasting two chapters already and I still don't know what the fuck is going on. The sad thing is that Jojolion is probably over halfway done, but everyhing is too mysterious to be engaging or interesting. Since the beginning I don't know what the fuck is going on, we're being given information in small doses and after long periods of time. Even if the last third of the manga explained everything, I doubt it will make up for everything before. This is definitely one of the worst JoJo parts, how could Araki fuck it up so much after Steel Ball Run? Maybe I'm being biased and people who marathon this one in the future when it's finished will think much better of it.
>>
File: 1485306469370.jpg (56KB, 600x764px) Image search: [Google]
1485306469370.jpg
56KB, 600x764px
>First Jobin battle is Beetle Tendency
>Second Jobin battle will be Falcon Blood

SCREENCAP THIS
>>
>>152661093
I don't understand people who say this. Have you just not been paying attention at all? The plot has had a pretty clear direction ever since the introduction of the rokakaka and the rockmen

It sucks that we have to wait a whole month between chapters, but honestly it's worth it. Araki's art is better than its ever been and the chapters are usually pretty long too, he's also been very good at maintaining a balanced answer/question ratio and keeping the reader interested in whats happening and going to happen next

Jojolion is honestly my favorite jojo part so far. I love everything about it, and it's not even over yet
>>
>>152656517
His stand did it automatically and without Norisuke noticing
>>
>>152661736
>If you don't like my favorite part, you must not be paying attention
I'm not him, I like some aspects of JoJolion and it's still failed to grab me the way the other parts have.

And some of these claims are ridiculous - the sameface is worse than ever before, the designs are extremely hit and miss, and the backgrounds are stock images.
>>
Everyone's theories always relate the higashikata curse back to johnny and say maybe his meddling with the corpse could've changed it somehow but can't they read family trees?
Only the branch family has joestar blood and would've experienced a curse down the generations.
The current higashikatas have no blood-relation to johnny at all and their situation is probably seperate, if not then that means it would've been norisuke I / Rina that passed the curse onto the joestar lineage (Holly & Kira), not the other way around.
>>
Personally i really dislike the idea that Kaato/Jobin aren't the main villains - they have been built up as a threat to Josue and Norisuke and having a brand new villain come out of nowhere and be the main villain would be dissapointed
>>
>>152662336
Gappy is the villain
>>
>>152662442
From Jobin's prespective
>>
File: hato.png (49KB, 288x394px) Image search: [Google]
hato.png
49KB, 288x394px
>>152662017
>the sameface is worse than ever before
Not him but that's not true. Even with lots of characters being close relatives they all have some sort of a distinguishing feature.

Honestly I can understand not liking mysteries that take their time to be answered, but JJL to me is really all about the cast and their interactions. It's a really varied bunch, with even the minor villains all having a very distinct and interesting vibe to them. The chemistry between them all is really well developed for a Jojo side cast.
>>
>>152662809
The related characters are an old man, three women (with the same big dark eyes and perfect features who also look the same as Yasuho and Karera) an ugly fuck and a grown man, of course they're going to be different from each other but it doesn't change the underlying sameface most of the characters share. Yasuho and Gappy's faces are extremely similar (and the fact that they near-constantly make a neutral, slightly open-mouthed :0 face makes the similarities even worse) and obviously they look like Kira and Josefumi too.

Sameface was always an issue that Araki had and JJL's use of it is even more jarring because of the more realistic art-style.
>>
>>152663326
It's mostly in the eyes and eyebrows, but I find them all the ones you mentioned pretty easy to tell apart. Yasuho's got a rounder face and Daiya has an even rounder cutesier one with really big eyes. Nearly everyone looking the same strikes me more as a part 5/late 6 thing.
>>
The series is far too convoluted as a whole for there to ever be one ultimate explanation for all the events, we already know araki forgets about stuff a lot

It would be cool to see all rock-related things somehow tied together in a neat little bow, but I doubt it'll happen perfectly so lots of stuff will be left vague in the end
we have:
>rock mask, vampires turn into rocks/dust in the sun
>pillar men who made masks, turn into statues in the sun
>"stand arrows" are made of stone
>the sculptor in part 5, seems like he should be way more important
>the various devil's palms in part 7 consist of moving rocks/shifting landscape, which give stands
>wall eyes, which also give stands, made of faults in the ground
>the "ghost path" in morioh is also a shifting landscape
>valentine was infinitely buried underground
>dio's bone created the green baby in 6 (coincidentally grows like a fruit) I have no expectations of this, but I hope since dio was the last to interact with the corpse in part 7, he becomes relevant somehow like he stole a piece of the corpse and fused it with his body before he died or something, leaving it incomplete

other things i'd like but are closer to random bullshit speculation:

>the "hair girls" from part 4 and part 8 being related
>sports max somehow related to the invisible bite marks in part 8, kira, and the invisible baby in part 4 through some connection
>giorno being more relevant, his stand did literally give life to any object, stone or other. could relate that he's the son of dio/jojo fused body (who is the mother?)
>lucy steel bloodline somehow being tied in considering she did fuse with the corpse at one point (maybe explain giorno's mother)
>pocoloco in part 7 really confuses me because he is the first stand we see, he gets it from enyaba's ancestor? and not by visiting the devil's palm, and it never explains what the stand actually does or if it's actually "good luck"
>>
>>152663610
We already know who Giorno's mother is
>>
>>152663610
parts before 7 are unrelated to 7-8 so you might as well drop all that now.
>>
>>152663754
yea but she's nobody, just a name

and he's the only son of dio that we know of, it would be interesting to make something of it.
I don't expect it to happen, just saying it could be cool
>>
>>152663873
>he's the only son of dio that we know of
Dude
>>
>>152663887
oh yea i forgot about part 6
>>
>>152663326
What are you smoking? Karera and Yasuho look nothing alike.

Araki had a huge sameface problem in part 7 and early part 8 but he's gotten so much better about it and it's really not there any more
Thread posts: 48
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.