[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yakushoku Distopiary

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: gesselschaft.jpg (126KB, 422x600px) Image search: [Google]
gesselschaft.jpg
126KB, 422x600px
This was by no means a good series, but it's something of a guilty pleasure of mine. It's a shame this was cut short at 5 volumes - Not that far after where the web novel cuts off - but at least they managed to give it a half-decent (literally half) conclusion before they had to wrap up everything.

Did anyone else read this? I can't help but feel that the setting had an immense amount of promise, but the incredibly nihilistic ending was very much in keeping with the 'spirit' of things.
>>
>>152628260

This was cancelled? What happens in the end?
>>
>>152628354

Well, Tolza is fatally poisoned by spores from the Demon King. It turns out the old Time Mage and the little girl survives, and the little girl shoots him and kills him for killing her brother. He doesn't resist.

The love interest works with another Subjugator, and he gathers a massive army to fight the Demon Lord. The entire army is wiped out, but he absorbs all their lives to be able to defeat them at a tremendous cost.

A couple of years later, the cycle starts again. Oh, the Bandage Subjugator died off-screen, when he realized he would never be able to find another way.
>>
>>152628453

What happened in all the other subplots?
>>
>>152628260
Only read a couple volumes, got pretty edgy and I didn't read more after I caught up with the scanlators, didn't realize it was a web novel but I guess it makes sense.
>>
File: Kouhyoku.jpg (78KB, 350x500px) Image search: [Google]
Kouhyoku.jpg
78KB, 350x500px
>>152628567

Ultimately they don't really matter.

>>152628609

The web novel's kind of stalled, so I guess the writer ran out of ideas. There's one more Light Novel, but I know absolutely nothing about it.

Apparently it's about a life-devouring brother and his Subjugator sister.
>>
>>152628645

Well that sucks.
>>
I just like it because of the math concepts.

Also
>demon lords are broken
>let's make the hero brokener

Shit was great.
>>
File: 1484521041994.jpg (117KB, 938x470px) Image search: [Google]
1484521041994.jpg
117KB, 938x470px
>>152628260
There was some potential for that series, but I was waiting for it to go on indefinite hiatus HxH style.

Given the way the MC works, characters come and leave the group left and right. This leads to a need for an excessive amount of character designs, and this manga uses fairly detailed costumes and whatnot. Character design is difficult, so needed to rip through original design after original design just as fast as the mangaka can conceptualize them was going to lead to some hardcore burnout for them at some point, and then we'd end up with a Berserk situation.

I don't want to say that cancellation is for the best (I really did want to see where the series would go long term), but I'd rather get a rushed ending than get stringed along for years (if not decades) between hiatuses.
>>
>>152629041

The main problem is that the most of the 'final arc' is about another protagonist entirely. It's not a bad arc, but it's a side-story about an Alchemist who is also a Subjugator. Tolza never even meets that guy.
>>
>>152628986

I don't really like the whole 'imaginary numbers' thing, but I like the core concept of becoming stronger by getting your allies killed. It just makes perfect sense, and there's so much you can do with it.

This is how the final battle is won, at any rate. Another guy raises an army of 'volunteers' and gets them to bum-rush the demon lord, who promptly kills them all.
>>
>>152629161
Well, that's because they where working with infinites, when you work special numbers thins get pretty crazy.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.