[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Onihei - 03

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 75
Thread images: 17

>Onihei - 03 (Amazon).mkv
>>
The photography in this show is horrible. Nearly every screenshot I see looks disgusting.
>>
>>152616504
That old man just came out of nowhere and happened to recognize him.
>>
He couldn't protect that smile
>>
>>152616504
Are people watching this? Shit's pretty damn cool. Or are there other threads that I miss and people hang out in those?
>>
>>152618887
I like it a lot but I rarely see threads on it.

Hasegawa is a cool guy that doesn't afraid of anything. Also I'm a sucker for Edo period (?) stuff like this and Samurai Champloo
>>
>>152618968
Agreed on both points. Just to make sure though, the guy from the first episode was mindbroken with torture and ended up as the MC's warrior thing right?
>>
>>152619089
The thief? He didn't mind-break and refused to betray his comrades which was why he was recruited to be a spy.
>>
>>152619140
Didn't he get caught and whipped and nailed before it cut to future? Then the thief was calling him sama and all polite? Seemed pretty mind break-y, especially since he said something about his torture methods always working.
>>
>>152619271
He didn't mind break in the sense they didn't get any information from him. He took interest in another case that concerned him and volunteered to look into it. Hasegawa asked the thief to work to consider working for him after that and told him to think it over.
>>
>>152619271
Yeah, what >>152619346 said. He overheard accusations to his former thief guild boss and refused to believe that his boss would commit murders. So naturally he was polite and nice to try to convince the cops to let him investigate the situation.
>>
Feels like this should have hour long episodes instead of 30min.
>>
>>152619502
Idk guy. It feels like they would have to add a lot of padding to these episodes to make the an hour. The story feels concise and is still heavy at 30 min. I'm sure this team could make hour episodes, but it just seems unnecessary. Also, I don't know if I could handle an hour of bad ends.
>>
>>152619610
>It feels like they would have to add a lot of padding to these episodes to make the an hour
More like it feels like they cut a lot of development to make the 20 minutes. The conversations between characters have been straight to the point, they speak just enough for the plot to make sense, sort of like what Deen did with Umineko
>>
>>152618887
It pretty cool, but it suffers from low production values. The stories are decent and Heizo is likeable, but I really wish it would look better.
>>
So do you think something is going to happen to Heizo's son? With everything the mom has said about him it looks like they're setting up a story where he gets involved with a gang or a crime.
>>
I've never watched a samurai drama, but I can only imagine that this is like the most generic derivative version of one that you can possibly think up, with everything played completely straight.

Like a parody of samurai dramas would use this as a baseline for what tropes to emphasize.

If characters in an anime were watching a samurai show on TV, this is what it would be like.

It just takes itself too seriously.
>>
>>152620475
He's portrayed like a bon-chan maybe something will happen to him to toughen him up.
>>
>>152620530
That's what I thought before watching, but then I was like "when was the last time I actually watched a samurai drama played completely straight" and I couldn't remember.
>>
Anyone else expecting this loli to get raped?

>dark and bloody prison scene
>loli waltzes in like a field of flowers
>thief takes immediate interest
uh oh, this loli gonna get raped
>thief talks about his tragic backstory
>history of rape!
>actually see dude raping and pillaging
loli def gonna get raped
>enter Big Bad
>raping women like it's no thing
that's when I knew loli gonna get raped
>final scene
>idyllic family home setting
>sexual innuendo at onii-chan's expense
>loli laughs at some whore's lipstick stains
loli know what loli want

From the first time we see her to everytime after, all signs point to rape.
>>
So the theme of the show is not that you should let go of the past. The theme is that it won't let go of you.

>>152620475
>So do you think something is going to happen to Heizo's son?
Heizo has many enemies, they could try to kidnap him.

I would also worry about Tatsuzo's love interests.

>>152620837
This.
>>
>>152620530
>>152620837
Thing is I'm pretty sure that Onihei is the series that started Samurai drama

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Onihei_Hankach%C5%8D
>>
If anything else, it's got the OP of the season.

>>152620837

Also this, can't remember the last time there was a serious samurai drama airing. Not that Onihei is strictly played straight as its got that bit of american detective drama mixed into it
>>
>>152620837
Pretty much. We're in such low supply of anything like this that just having a show of this kind gives it some novelty. Great OST too. Just wish the CG use was toned down.

I'm glad Hosoya is back too but the way this episode ended was more odd than the other 2
>>
Damn, thread still up? I'll celebrate this by watching the episode now.
>>
The lighting in this series makes my dick hard.
>>
Do I have to wait for "improved subs" again?
>>
File: Onihei - 03 (Amazon).webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Onihei - 03 (Amazon).webm
2MB, 720x404px
Pretty good, mc at least shown tired when fighting and shit.
>>
Crazy motherfucker.
>>
File: Onihei - 03 (Amazon)1.webm (2MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
Onihei - 03 (Amazon)1.webm
2MB, 720x404px
>>
Man, I didnt see that twist coming at the end.Thought he just wanted bounty money.
>>152617852
>>
This guy.
>>
>>152625268
I wisk that the sword fighting was more authentic
>>
File: Onihei - 03 (Amazon) 0002.jpg (85KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
Onihei - 03 (Amazon) 0002.jpg
85KB, 1280x720px
I've just marathoned all 3 eps. Great show.

And another pic that goes to folder with smiles that we couldn't protect.
>>
>>152626279
This guy sure got the worst out of these 3 episodes.
>>
>>152624588
i think the ending to the episode really makes it clear that this is the adaptation of a novel written in 1967
>>
>>152616504
Finally.
>>
Love this series. Feels like the time passes quickly when watching an episode.

The sword fights are impressive. They have a sense of weight to each strike and the camera movement is well done.
>>
>>152626279
I'v marathoned the first 30 seconds and it's good so far.
>>
>>152625268
>>152625614
The fight sequences in this episode were pretty good. I hope they keep this up.
>>
Screw that old dude he just gets away scot free
>>
From eva to that animator expo episode and onihei ep2, hyashibara megumi's voice has really aged well, even more attractive in some sense
>>
>>152616660
The lighting is quite awkward, especially this dumb lens effect they often use, but overall is not that terrible.
>>
In addition to the mediocre animation, the cgi crowds are atrocious.
Really nothing amazing, just like Joker Game.
>>
>>152625892
Feels bad man, what a shitty way to die.
>>
WHAT IS AMAZONS ENDGAME?

IS CR DOOMED, WILL DAIZ KILL HIMSELF?
>>
File: flfl0006.jpg (165KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
flfl0006.jpg
165KB, 1280x720px
So the man who brought info on this ronin was the thief from ep 1, right? Wasn't sure at first.
Also, great episode.
>>
>>152631242
Yeah.
>>
File: 074.jpg (140KB, 1280x738px) Image search: [Google]
074.jpg
140KB, 1280x738px
What a fuccboi
>>
I wonder if we'll get an episode where everyone gets a happy ending. It's always one happy ending and one suffering ending.
>>
>>152631242
I guess he accepted being a spy in the end.
>>
>>152631344
Thieves don't deserve to be happy.
>>
so how many eps till son dies?
>>
>>152631344
Maybe when the episode more of a hilarious misunderstanding or just mc reminiscing the good times. I cant see a murderer/thief/assassins get a good end unless they were threaten/family abducted.
>>
>>152631609
Three.

>thread survived over night
Neat.
>>
>>152631609
>>152632001
You better be joking.
>>
>>152632546
What you don't want Heizo to get revenge for his dead son? Going against this huge group because the order came from the very top and he has to cut his way through to them?
>>
>>152632622
I don't want this too get too dark or sad, the thieves suffering is fine, because they kind of deserve it.
>>
>>152631609
6 episodes.Then its all about mc slashing his way up to final boss.
>>
so do we hate Onihei or what

it's obviously a startup anime for the studio, not that amazing either
>>
>>152634630
To be hated would be a blessing for it, that means people actually know the thing exists.
>>
Onihei is a really good example of how even with a lower budget you can make a great anime. Solid 8/10 for now.
>>
>>152634910
91 Days presented this fact of life last year
>>
>>152634910
>>152634978
What about Kemono Friends?
>>
File: kemono friends 2.jpg (108KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
kemono friends 2.jpg
108KB, 1280x720px
>>152636588
My personal favorite and a fun watch.
>>
>>152631287
Rip fuccboi ;_;
>>
>>152622936
So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past.
>>
File: mfw.jpg (44KB, 613x342px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
44KB, 613x342px
Why did they don't stole the money from the dead old couple?
>>
>>152637735
What makes you think they would have any money? They are letting a vagabond in their home just for some rent money.
>>
>>152616504
If Rakugo wasn't airing Ohihei would have been my instant AOTS.
>>
>>152629612
Yeah, that guy flat out kills a wounded and unresisting man and prevents the inspector from finding out who put the hit out on him.
Inspector let him off easy for fucking up the investigation.
>>
>>152634630
I fucking love it and its OST.
Episodes are, at most, 8/10 but I still enjoy it every week.
>>
>>152637735
The part where he killed these two is where I lost all sympathy for him. At first I sort of wanted him to succeed in becoming a proper samurai, but by this point it was clear to me that he's just a white knight edgelord. The girl deserves better.
>>
>>152620285
I agree. It would have probably been better in a 50 minutes format, like some live-action cop series.

>>152637735
The bounty for Hasegawa's head was 300 ryo. It's a lot of money and probably much more than the old couple savings.

I like how the son is portrayed as a retarded teenager, the young characters in this kind of story often seem too mature to be believable.
>>
>>152629817
I think it's cool that Megumi Hayashibara still gets cast for new roles. She played the geisha in Rakugo and Hakumen no Mono in Ushio to Tora last year.
Thread posts: 75
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.