[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why don't they feel canon?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 4

File: Hidan_and_Kakuzu.png (1MB, 1912x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hidan_and_Kakuzu.png
1MB, 1912x1080px
Even though they were pretty cool EWON
>>
Bc beaten by
>a fucking shadow
>>
I think They need more skills.
>>
>>152599243
>Older than harisahama
>>
E W O N
>>
File: Hashirama_depressed.png (1MB, 1912x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Hashirama_depressed.png
1MB, 1912x1080px
hehe
>>
They were one of the definite highlights of the manga, I think kishi just went full rule of cool on them and they had to be killed off or they'd be the new main characters of the manga.
>>
Hidan is the best character in Naruto
>>
>>152599039
>Why don't they feel canon?
How can they not feel canon? They killed Asuma.
>>
Why not give hidan his blood,I think then He dies.
>>
>>152599464
What part of Hidan was cool?
>>
Hidan was disgusting for me
>>
>>152599773
Mostly the immortality and not really giving a fuck.
And the magic ritual thing.
>>
File: 081e0800a626d0_full.jpg (19KB, 225x300px) Image search: [Google]
081e0800a626d0_full.jpg
19KB, 225x300px
>>152599039
>Why don't they feel canon
They were though
>>
>>152599477
>>152599841
>>152599039
i hope Hidan is in this new series somehow
even if he died of malnutrition
>>
>>152599039
Because the anime really put a filler at their arcs.
>>
>>152599039

Because they mostly had true immortality yet Kishi never explained shit about them.
>>
Second best arc after Zabuza.

Also I didn't usually watch the anime but episode 82 of Shippuden was pretty excellent.
>>
>>152599039

Too midway into the series and too insignificant to the overall story.
>>
>>152599039
Kakuzu being from a super-minor village that was covered in a filler OVA and Hidan being from a not-even-mentioned-in-the-manga village didn't help.
>>
>>152599039

Shikamaru Shippuden was the only good arc
>>
The Akatsuki as a whole were cool
I wouldve loved more ItachiKisame scenes.
Kisame best boy
>>
>>152604281
oh fuck off, you guys cannot possibly try to make a jojo reference out of the akatsuki.
>>
>>152604281
Jojo is L A M E
>>
>>152601291
They could introduce other followers of Jashin as villains for Boruto. There might be a big cult somewhere and Hidan was just one of the priests.
>>
>>152599039
What? This was the last great arc before everything started to go downhill.
>>
so, i haven't watched or read shippuden in a while
what did they do?
>>
Does nobody remember Yûkimaru? The most Canon character.
>>
>>152605580
They killed A S U M A
>>
>>152605580
Hidan has the power to be unkillable and kill anybody with a single hit.
The other guy collects hearts and loves money.
>>
>>152605580
Guy in left killed Shikamarus teacher/can kill anyone with a curse if he knicks you. Pretty useless though.
Guy on the right has multiple hearts. Has lightning wind and fire powers with tentacles. Pretty cool but jobbed to show off Shitrutos rasengan.
>>
>>152605580
Zombie buddie cop duo. Hidan was the young rookie out to prove himself, also he was an immortal religious serial killer. Kakuzu was the grizzled veteran that just wanted to collect his paycheck at the end of the day, also an immortal.

They literally stole the show for their limited mini arc and were killed by kiddies covered in plot armor.
>>
>>152606248
wow, a death curse and immortality sounds fucking super useful

he better show up in boruto, not that i would watch or read it because shippuden was the END for naruto universe 100% for me.
>>
File: 1455267439926.png (205KB, 654x495px) Image search: [Google]
1455267439926.png
205KB, 654x495px
Because Kishimoto killed them off in a really forced way that didn't make sense. At the Bounty station Shikamaru could barely keep Hidan under control with his shadows, yet in the forest he could move him with no problem. The entire "genius" plan of Shikamaru was predicated on the notion that he could control Hidan, yet the manga already showed him having difficulties doing that.

And then Kakuzu got tricked by Naruto's oldest trick which he had already done versus Neji, who was a fucking Genin. Kakuzu was like 90 years old, had fought the first Hokage (this will not have any relevance to anything and wont be brought up again btw) and had decades of battle experience.

Plus like someone else mentioned they oddly feel like filler characters. Don't get me wrong, Hidan and Kakuzu were like the one highlight of part 2 (everything else was mostly shit), but Hidan is from some never before seen village and was part of a never before mentioned religion. Kakuzu was from some minor village which had been mentioned in canon all of once. They were also both killed off in their arc and then nothing about the arc is ever bought up ever again aside from minor ninja war stuff later which is a massive shame. There was potential to really use the two of them to flesh the setting out more and really use someone like Kakuzu to do that while also reinforcing some of the themes of the manga. I have to wonder if this was Kishimoto's intention initially but then the editors wanted more Sasuke so CUT THIS ARC SHORT AND GET RID OF THEM SO WE CAN HAVE SOME UCHIHA EDGE.
>>
>>152599039
Isn't Hidan still alive?
>inb4 they dig him up for Boruto
>inb4 edgy-kun is related to him
Fucking calling it now.
>>
so what episodes are they in? i kinda want to watch it.

also, is asumas death good or forced?
i remember when it happened but i never got around to reading it.
>>
>>152606506
>Zombie buddie cop duo. Hidan was the young rookie out to prove himself
pretty good description. Akatsuki grunts as a whole were the only reason I followed naruto, until deidara died and sasuke plot armor extra chakara to escape the explosion.
>>
>>152606562
Its not. He gets wrecked by Shikamaru and is curently buried underneath a deep hole with rocks trapping him.
>>
>>152606743
They stretch out the drama way too much, like every other """"death""""" in naruto.

I wish Akatsuki had their own series, as hearing banter between the various partners was always the best part of Shippuden.
>>
>>152607024
an actual buddy cop setting for hidan and kakuzu
Thread posts: 40
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.