[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Royal Space Force: The Wings of Honnêamise

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 3

File: 1478637889152.webm (3MB, 720x414px) Image search: [Google]
1478637889152.webm
3MB, 720x414px
Who else watched this masterful craft of a film?
>>
Post glorious Gagarin-sama
>>
>>152589135
>>
It's visually stunning, but the story is preachy and long-winded.
>>
It's ok.
>>
>>152589606

Just like your mom.
>>
Writing was hot garbage but it was ambitious and looked pretty cool. Rocket launch sequence was the best part.
>>
>>152589784

The fact you think the writing was garbage is why we'll never have something this good again. Honneamise was an art movie done right. It was masterfully understated.

You are just a dumbass.
>>
>>152589868
How?
>>
>an art movie done right
That's Angel's Egg.
>>
Oh fuck guys, I still haven't, but my backlog is full of other shit, how do I do it?
>>
File: honneamise 4 launch.webm (3MB, 480x276px) Image search: [Google]
honneamise 4 launch.webm
3MB, 480x276px
>>
>>152589964
It's only an hour and a half just get off 4chan for a bit and watch it
>>
>>152589931
More like snoozefest done right.
>>
It was fine until the attempted rape scene. It came out of nowhere and after that I didn't give about the MC.
>>
>>152590101
I can't, I'm at work right now and when I am not, I don't feel like watching anything. That's why I have my backlog full.
I even have a cable box full of recorded TV shows that I can't make myself to go thru. Why am I such an autist.
>>
>>152590053
>you will never see cel-animated fire and ice again
>>
>>152590156

Stop beng a faggot and sit your ass down and watch a movie, unless you want to become like those dead-eyed normie kids who have never done or even seen anything they talk about and only know them through memes.

>>152590146

The attempted rape scene was a reflection of Shiro's view of Riquinni. She was basically the only thing motivating him to do anything, so he put her on a pedestal and saw her as a completely idealistic being. When he saw her hidden jewgold rods there's an implication that she earned them through prostitution(or else why would she hide them, plus the first time we see her she's in the red light district). At that point he thinks she is just a 3DPD whore and loses his will to live and decides he might as well just rape her since she was the object of his desire for so long.
>>
>>152590239
>Stop beng a faggot
Easier said than done.
I swear I'll get to it after finishing Blue Blazes, NHK, Baccano and those two /tv/-approved shows on the tele.
I mean, if I don't run out of time to do it.
Cheers.
>>
>>152590431
Spoiler texting everything does not make you cool.
>>
>>152590490
Sorry!
>>
>>152590431

Retard, watching a 2 hour movie is easier than slogging through 20 hours of anime and other bullshit. It has to start somewhere. You will never watch any of that because you'll think "I can't really be assed to watch it now there's too much."

Go order some Chinese food or whatever and watch the movie.
>>
>>152590510
Watching a 26-minutes long episode is easier than a movie and I still am capable of getting in on a series of eps just after one.
I just can't start at all.

Besides, I have little space on the disk and can't delete old shows since I still haven't seen them.
This is some sort of retarded loop I'm in. A fucking catch.
>>
>>152590657

You have only yourself to blame. Go curl up in a ball and die, shitter.
>>
>>152590700
>You have only yourself to blame.
I know and I do.

Thanks for wasting your time with me. I really appreciate it.
>>
This and Venus Wars man. Only good war anime.

Some of the angles in Honneamise during the dogfighting scenes make me think they rotoscoped from gun camera footage though.
>>
>>152589061
>masterful
plainly OP didn't
>>
>>152590239
>reflection of Shiro's view of Riquinni
i never thought to consider it that way
>>
>>152592386

Yeah, furthermore people get upset because after the scene Riquinni is actually the one who apologizes to Shiro.

The character dynamic between them is purposely dysfunctional and rather interesting. Riquinni is pretty much on the lowest rung of society and her life is one of bare subsistence. Shiro's life is comfortable, but monotonous and without purpose.

The reason that Shiro is attracted to her is because even though Riquinni's life is shit, she seems to have purpose and purity. So Riquinni, to Shiro, represents everything missing in his own life and he becomes attached to her because she's the symbol of everything he is deficient in.

Riquinni, meanwhile, is attached to Shiro because without him her life would be lonely and without purpose. He is the one person who appreciates her. It's a dysfunctional, codependent relationship.

The rape scene is what happens when Shiro realizes that Riquinni is selfish, impure, deceptive, and ashamed as any other human being. She stops being an idealized being and becomes real. She's the same garbage as him or anybody else. There is still an attraction there, he has come to love her, but at the same time, his disillusionment with her represents the loss of all purpose he had in life.

Riquinni apologizes because she realizes that Shiro only did everything he did becoming an astronaut because of her. And she realizes that if he becomes consumed by guilt he will just fuck it all up and not realize his potential. That's why she is so quick to try and absolve him of all blame. She does genuinely think of his best interests.

That's what leads to the entire last act of the movie. The hero, who was a shitter searching for purpose in outside things, realizes the only way forward is to look within himself. To change his life with his own power and dare to do something great and dangerous and unknown simply because he is a man and a man is either complacent or pushes the limit and he's come so far.
>>
>>152592968

tl;dr Shiro is basically a waifunigger and Riquinni becomes his waifu. When he realizes his waifu a shit, he goes back to being a loser. But his waifu won't let him and in the end he realizes that instead of trying to find happiness in waifus or religion*tips* or something else, he has to do it for himself.

The rape scene is the lowest point in his hero's journey and thus integral to his development and crucial because the hero has to suffer the destruction of his ideals or else he is not tested and cannot find true resolution.

It's a good movie.
>>
>>152590751
Not that guy but it really is one of those movies with a sensibility you don't see often, from when anime was a love letter to the beauty of life and not another symptom of an industry biting its own tail. Take our word for it. It is that good.
>>
>>152593528
Most of the other big movies from this era were a lot better, but I suppose it's not bad if he's seen everything else from then.
>>
>>152593620

They were not a lot better, at all.
They may have been good, as good, a little better. But a lot better? Don't kid yourself.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.