[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

what the best way to keep track of manga you read?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 4

File: 1436011115829.jpg (65KB, 500x397px) Image search: [Google]
1436011115829.jpg
65KB, 500x397px
what the best way to keep track of manga you read?
>>
MAL
>>
Your collection.
>>
>>152560746
right now im using baka updates, lets me know if there are new chapters and stuff
>>
meatspin.com
>>
>>152560746
Using you memory.
>>
File: untitled.jpg (291KB, 1336x731px) Image search: [Google]
untitled.jpg
291KB, 1336x731px
notepad.exe
>>
>>152560746
look at your shelf
>>
>>152560746
>reading
>>
>>152560746
Memory, if I can't remember then it probably wasn't that great anyway.
>>
>>152560905
Wouldn't bookmarks work better?
>>
>>152560746
I remember everything I've read, whether by mangaka or by the title.

Try reading more interesting things.
>>
>>152561039
I use a fresh instance of TorBrowser in a ram drive so bookmarks aren't preserved
>>
https://github.com/riderkick/FMD
>>
>>152561106
You use TOR to obscure your reading habits?
That's paranoid.
>>
>>152560746
>Hurr!
Are you 10 years old or what?
>>
>>152561123
>poor man's domdom
>>
>>152561151
Just retarded.
>>
>>152561151
I use Tor for all web browsing. I don't have any online accounts anywhere so nothing identifiable goes over Tor.
>>
>>152561188

After domdom's death i switched to FMD and it's actually great.
>>
>>152561222
I'll just assume you set it up correctly and don't do any dumb shit that would compromise your identity.
It's still needlessly complicated and paranoid.
Like, if you're going to save your bookmarks in a text file, you might as well use secret club and just download the chapters. It would be way less click-intensive.
And using noscript is almost overkill for most things. Small, private sites don't get enough traffic to make a real profit from selling their data. If you block the off-site identifiers, you are basically anonymous on them even without TOR.
>>
What's the best way to fuck Anzu?
>>
>>152561281
The search feature is still lacking. There's some manga that can't be searched using the program, but it's there if we browse it via browser.
>>
>>152560746
By using my brain. If I forget something it just means that I didn't care enough about it anyway.
>>
>>152561663

Worked fine for me. Maybe update manga list? You can also past link from browser on Manga Info page.
>>
>>152561411
I just put a freshly downloaded unmodified TorBrowser into a self-extracting rar archive with ofsmount command line set to automatically make a ram drive and then change %temp% and %tmp% variables to the ram drive so the sfx extracts to it. It's all automated so I just click the sfx.exe and it does it all in a couple of seconds and TorBrowser starts. Normally TorBrowser would save your bookmarks and history which is an obvious security risk. It can't do that in a ram drive which prevents the feds getting your browsing history if they gain physical access to your machine.
>>
File: 1469281514064.jpg (1MB, 1813x2048px) Image search: [Google]
1469281514064.jpg
1MB, 1813x2048px
>>152561928
>the feds getting your browsing history
Jesus, you are paranoid.

Also, while I will readily admit that I have no experience with TOR whatsoever, I'm pretty sure you did not set it up correctly. You are not anonymous.
>>
>>152562103
I assure you I could set it up properly, but I don't actually have to set it up properly because that's what TorBrowser is for. It's a modified version of Firefox pre-configured not to leak anything so even the most technologically illiterate person use it. Obviously there are probably zero days in there, nothing is 100% secure. Hence why I take extra security steps to keep myself safe.

Nobody is truly anonymously in this modern world, my love. I take effects not to have patters in my browsing habits such as never opening the same series of websites in the same order, obfuscating my writing style, and automatically generating bogus non-tor web traffic to random sites, but They can probably still track me to some extent.
>>
>>152562482
>I don't actually have to set it up properly because that's what TorBrowser is for

I bet you leave Javascript on
>>
>>152562688
Javascript is on by default. It doesn't really matter for just reading the news from normal media outlets or reddit or whatever. If I need extra security I download the page with wget via tor and then open it in an offline browser inside a virtual machine.
>>
>>152562820
Most exploits that revealed tor user's identities were Javascript based. Just because it's on by default doesn't mean it should be.
>>
File: download.jpg (10KB, 195x148px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
10KB, 195x148px
mangafox
>>
>>152562482
if you weren't doing anything illegal, you wouldn't have any reason to worry.
>>
>>152562865
Yes I get that. Javascript is how all those pedos got caught when the FBI was running CP sites.

I think you are missing the point though. Using Tor for reading the news or manga isn't about total anonymity. After all millions of people do that from their own ips every day without issue. The point is to avoid being tracked, catalogued and tagged like cattle by the government as far as possible. I couldn't really give a shit if the government knows I like gender bender manga, but I do take issue with being spied on constantly.
>>
>>152562994
I never said I was doing anything illegal beyond violating copyright by reading manga for free like everyone else here.
>>
>>152563066
You are now being spied on constantly and actively because by installing TOR you made yourself suspicious.
Since you made a big declaration about going into hiding and didn't bother to hide yourself fully, you are being tracked at every turn.
>>
>>152563154
And your solution to this is to do everything in cleartext so that the government can see right up your asshole without even having to remove your pants? At least by using Tor they have to work at it a little and nothing they learn would be admissible in a court of law without revealing how they got it.
>>
Using tor is completely useless if you're using it on Windows, NSA specifically targets tor users and Microsoft has backdoors in Windows that allow them and NSA to collect information. If you really want to be anonymous only use tails linux (https://tails.boum.org/) from a USB.
>>
>>152563272
You're literally less secure for using tor. If you use it the government can legally access your computer and files remotely. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rule_41
>>
>>152563272
>And your solution to this is to do everything in cleartext
No, my solution is to go to sensible lengths to hide your ass, but not further.
>>
>>152563372
Okay, and when they hack their way into my computer what do they find? A text file with a list of manga? So what?

Assuming they can read everything whether I use Tor or not and nobody can have any anonymity at all, they still had to waste time and money on my and got bumkis in return. The more law abiding that people that use Tor the less viable it is to hack into each and every one and find nothing for their efforts.
>>
>>152563527
>So what?
So, the reason why you are even using TOR has nothing to do with your personal anonymity?
>>
>>152563380
I'm very sensible.
>>
>>152563567
I was just playing along with your hypothetical scenarios. Are you autistic or something?
>>
>>152561759
>You can also past link from browser on Manga Info page.
I know, but that defeats the purpose of the program. Even tachiyomi has better search function.
>>
Batoto and kissmanga are good for their rss feeds. You can download the actual manga from elsewhere and use those sites only for the notifications.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.