[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is this film so overrated and overhyped that editors themsel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: your name.jpg (107KB, 424x600px) Image search: [Google]
your name.jpg
107KB, 424x600px
Is this film so overrated and overhyped that editors themselves have to explain why it didn't win the best fucking flim of the year award?
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2017-01-20/former-kinema-jumpo-editor-explains-your-name.s-lack-of-rank-on-best-film-list/.111105
>>
>>152506672
Even when it doesn't win it finds a way to get an article, huh?
>>
They are just saying that the movie was not DEEP enough for them. Yet Shin Godzilla is number 2.

This is like a hipster and anti-hipster list at the same time.
>>
>>152506820
>not getting how deep Shin Godzilla is

Are you a pleb?
>>
>>152506672
That was a really polite way to say that they didn't vote for it because they're not plebs like Kimi no Na's fans are. Is this the famous Japanese tatemae?
>>
>>152506672
I think its rated just fine.

But fuck that ending seriously. Characters bumbling around for 15 minutes when they could have been giving the audience some fucking closure.
>>
>>152509789
Yes, I really liked the movie but this was it's biggest weakness. I guess Shinkai wanted to up the ante and make it us believe that they actually might not find each other. But the whole thing lasted too long.
Heck sometimes I even wonder if ending the movie when they miss each other on the bridge might have been a better end, if only for how it would result in a better rythm (it would have been a pretty big "fuck you" to the audience though).
>>
>>152509789
Just watched it on my flight, I agree that I would have liked more to the ending, but I can't really think of what else they could have done.
I think the ideal would have been to 'end' the movie where they did, but during the credits have single shots of their life from there, such as dating, marriage, and maybe end it with them having a kid or something.

There's also the implication that the father went through the same body swap with the mother, which is why he knows it's not his girl when she calls him a son of a bitch, but it's never really elaborated on beyond that.
>>
>>152506672
>Is this film so overrated and overhyped that editors themselves have to explain why it didn't win the best fucking flim of the year award?
Easy. It has too much popularity that even this niches magazine has to mentions its name for advertisement.
>>
>>152510149
The cafe when he hears the name "Teshi", everything could have come rushing back to him, just a sudden look of shock on his face as he turns to see their faces as they are walking out.

Runs out to them out calling Teshi. They look confused, he names off Sayaka, they look even more confused. some convo happens and they take him to meet Mitsuha as they were going to meet her anyways.

Then a similar scene happen where they all walk in she stands up when seeing his face and she says the title.
>>
>>152506896
It's not deep. It's a movie that merely references the big 2011 Earthquake and praises Japanese cultural pride. It appeals to the old farts but it's no deeper than something like fucking Contagion.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.