[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why is everyone shitting their pants over this movie? I saw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: p11-schilling-your-a-20160901.jpg (2MB, 2067x1377px) Image search: [Google]
p11-schilling-your-a-20160901.jpg
2MB, 2067x1377px
Why is everyone shitting their pants over this movie?

I saw it. Don't get me wrong. I thought it was good. But everyone seems to be going crazy over it. Am I heartless or something? I didn't even think it was sad.
>>
>>152487863
>I didn't even think it was sad.
It wasn't supposed to be sad.
>>
>>152487955
Everyone kept telling me that it was super sad and they cried and shit.
>>
>>152487969
Are you sure they're not talking about 5cm/s? I loved Your Name but I didn't think it was sad at all. Those people must be retarded.
>>
>>152487863
Your life has been fulfilled, you don't need this movie.

>http://mainichi.jp/english/articles/20161216/p2a/00m/0na/014000c
>December 16, 2016 (Mainichi Japan)

>The blockbuster Japanese animated film "your name." shows no sign of leaving the hit charts toward the end of the year, after raking in more than 20 billion yen in box office revenue and topping the weekend box office in China.

>"The figures sound just unrealistic to me," says director Makoto Shinkai, as he has difficulty coming to grips with the enormous success his film has had over the past several months.

>The fresh sensibility exuding from the screen has struck a chord among not only teenagers but also adult audiences. For the 43-year-old director, animation films are "something like band aids. They can heal wounds from adolescence a bit quicker and can be discarded once they serve the need."

>While Shinkai has absolutely no idea about what his next work will be like, he feels "no pressure" weighing on him and says, "I will just do the best I can in my next film." He is humble enough to say, "There are many better directors than me."

>Shinkai himself aspires to play the role of a "faucet," from which he can deliver what people require in times of need.

>Fans here and abroad are anxious to see what fresh water they can tap from the magical faucet.
>>
>>152487863
You might not feel sad, but you will still remember the ending a few months from now. That's more than could be said for most movies
>>
>>152488006
Maybe they were referring to the reveal in the middle of the movie, but in all serious, I kind of saw it coming. I wasn't certain or anything, but I had this feeling about it as I was watching.
>>
>>152488073
True. Maybe my problem is that I had too high of expectations going in.
>>
Friendly reminder to STOP watching this film.

http://www.japantimes.co.jp/culture/2016/12/27/films/please-dont-see-animated-blockbuster-says-japans-new-miyazaki-makoto-shinkai/
>Makoto Shinkai has a problem, a big problem. His mystical teenage body-swap movie “Your Name.” has become such a massive hit it’s beginning to worry him.
>“It’s not healthy,” the boyish director says. “I don’t think any more people should see it.”
>>
File: plinkett.jpg (484KB, 1039x792px) Image search: [Google]
plinkett.jpg
484KB, 1039x792px
>>152487863
Y'see if your brain is made of play-doh, and you actually have some kind of human emotions left, then Your Name can mold you into like a crying, waifu-hugging manbaby.
>>
>>152488257
>My girlfriend and I
Normalfags get >>>/out/.
>>
>>152488318
I meant my waifu. Homura from Madoka.
>>
>>152487969
You must've been confused. While the majority of Shinkai's movies have sad or bittersweet endings, this is the first time Shinkai made a movie with a happy ending.
>>
>>152487863
Watch it again, and you'll like it even more that's what happened to me, and i've only watched it 3 times.
>>
>>152487863
Have you ever been in love anon?
>>
The commercial success is a bit of a mystery but that doesn't change the fact that it is a great film
>>
File: 58897982_p0.png (756KB, 700x990px) Image search: [Google]
58897982_p0.png
756KB, 700x990px
>>152487863
ah my daily dose of Nawa thread
thanks OP
>>
>>152487863

Its broken Japanese records. So its getting tons of free hype on anime message boards. Basically its just like Mononoke back in the late 90s. Everyone was acting like it was amazing before they even saw it. That's what hype does to people.

>>152488015

All that false modesty is taken to a level that its kind of becoming sickening. Its turning me off from wanting to see the movie because its contradicting its own hype. Going in, I'll both expect an amazing movie and something mediocre.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.