[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I was under the impression that Rei becomes god at the end of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 4

File: Lilith_Third_Impact.png (615KB, 710x706px) Image search: [Google]
Lilith_Third_Impact.png
615KB, 710x706px
I was under the impression that Rei becomes god at the end of evangelion when she fuses with Lilith, but now I am being told Unit 1 is who becomes god because it came into contact with both the seed of life and knowledge. If that is true, than what is Rei supposed to be?
>>
>>152487723
Rei is Rei
>>
>>152487723

In EOE, SEELE tries to tang everyone. Rei rejects gendo's plan and unites with Lilith, which unites with godmode EVA-01. From "Inside" instrumentality, Shinji decides to dismantle the whole thing and choke a bitch

rei is rei
>>
>>152489349
I get it. Thank you
>>
They both were by different approaches, like how 01 and Rei were opposite combinations of Lilith and Yui to begin with.
>>
>>152487723
Just because she became a giant woman made out of light doesn't make her a "god".
>>
File: eva becomes god.jpg (151KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
eva becomes god.jpg
151KB, 1920x1080px
>>152487723
it's explicitly stated that Eva 01 becomes God
>>
>>152491277
oh fucking hell, where did the subtitles go? It basically said that now that the Eva had merged with Rei it had become the tree of life and essentially God.
>>
DUDE DEEP SYMBOLISM LMAO
>>
>>152487723
>dude FAR lmao

i want2believe
>>
>>152491277
Well, Yui's spirit does but Unit 01 becomes a grey empty husk floating around in space.
>>
I don't get it. What the fuck is instrumentality? shitty translation?
>>
>>152493655
Instrumentality is everyone turning into mango juice and becoming on entity, everyones thoughts and actions become known all over the world. Instrumentlity is kind of like the internet, in a way.
>>
>>152493655
Every human consciousness combining into one hivemind where there is no such thing of negative thoughts or sadness
>>
>>152493709
>>152493819
sounds pretty sweet why did shinji stop it.
>>
>>152487723
she's kinda cute with her big wings
>>
>>152487723
OP, don't overthink it. Anno doesn't want you to overthink it. It just looks cool and everything works out in the end.
>>
>>152493655
It's pretty on point. Complementation is more exact, but instrumentality is more descriptive of the use of humans as material for something bigger that was occurring. Semantics isn't a total waste of time here since they really did start with a cool scifi word and decide what it was supposed to be while the show was airing.
>>
>>152494087
Kimochi warui.
>>
File: Make us whole, Ikari-kun.jpg (282KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Make us whole, Ikari-kun.jpg
282KB, 1920x1080px
>>
>>152491277
sweetjesusitsanantiatfield
>>
>>152487723

when you finally finished this series 20 years after it came out
>>
Misato is best girl
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.