[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Friday night scanlation thread. What are you working on? What

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 2

File: 1437300231697[1].png (9KB, 300x295px) Image search: [Google]
1437300231697[1].png
9KB, 300x295px
Friday night scanlation thread.

What are you working on? What do you wish was being worked on?

Will ebook raws ever not suck?
>>
This question is not exactly scanlation-related, but what software would others recommend for making subtitled videos for drama CDs?
>>
>>152487094
http://docs.aegisub.org/manual/Attaching_subtitles_to_video
>>
>>152486868
>Will ebook raws ever not suck?
Hey, I just released a volume today that happened to use an ebook raw because the only public scans available where about the same res and far lower quality. They were inexcusably terrible and I was happy to have the digital version instead.

>>152487094
Depends on what you want the video to be. A lot of encoding software can turn a static image into a video of that static image. If you want access to fancy effects too, Sony Vegas Pro might be your best bet. The interface is relatively intuitive compared to fancier options. Then for adding subs, use Aegisub just like you'd sub anything else. That's almost certainly easier than trying to add each line of text in Vegas.
>>
>>152487479

The problem with ebooks is that publishers just seem to use one batch resize/filter script for everything, regardless of how it looks.

Even manga that were drawn digitally in the first place.
>>
Is it possible to rip light novels from ebookjapan?
>>
>>152486868
I wish I had a typesetter that wouldn't die on me
>>
>>152489459

Probably easier to get it from Rakuten instead since you can download their epubs.
>>
>>152489609
How is their quality? I don't want another shit quality ebook like Amazon's.
>>
>>152489774

It varies by publisher as usual, which light novel are you looking at?
>>
>>152489785
六花の勇者 archive1
http://books.rakuten.co.jp/rk/7db706ef37523bd6b625f441c0e47dd8/
>>
I swear, Japanese gets fucking worse to translate from every second

Just saw a bubble that had 武士道 written with the furigana as イズム
what the fuck bro
like what are you even
>>
>>152490584
It happens a lot. It's your call to pick which one.
>>
>>152490682
I don't think you understand
イズム is the suffix "-ism"
so instead of the actual term "samurai way" or whatever, I would be writing "-ism"

Do you understand? It results in retarded shit like:
>According to the -ism, you must wield the blade
>>
>>152491400
They're just using it as a synonym, you can ignore it. And you definitely shouldn't be translating it to "-ism".This is something for modern readers, I doubt it's meant to exist in your story's setting.
>>
>>152491754
A synonym of what, and how
And it's a modern story/setting
>>
>>152491934
Of bushidou.
If it's a modern setting then that's why they're using it, but it's probably better to ignore it. Either way it isn't meant to replace "bushidou" entirely.
At this point it depends on the context so figure something out. Just don't use "-ism" by itself.
>>
File: wtf.jpg (256KB, 2560x736px) Image search: [Google]
wtf.jpg
256KB, 2560x736px
Ya'll do this crap for shits n giggles?
>>
>>152492373
This is a manga thread bud. Not anime
>>
>moon is good enough to translate simple manga with the help of context that the manga format provides, but no good enough to be entirely accurate with LNs
>scanlating series only a few people care about and will never ever be picked up to be completed if I don't do it, since it's too old and a stupid harem
>want to give closure to readers by giving them last chapter of LN that isn't adapted into any other format
>can't 100% translate without contextual clues as mentioned, resort to using chink translations as secondary reference

Am I doing something terrible? Would you be mad if you were reading this?
>>
Did the guy interested in Vanilla Spider ever answer back?
>>
>>152492607
Just pay a professional translator and quality control/check it yourself to ensure that it's written appropriately. I've seen that work more than once before.
>>
>>152492607
From what I've seen most readers do not give a fuck. Most people prefer to have something over nothing.
If it was a series I liked and had no hope of ever getting something better, then I guess I could live with that.
>>
>>152492680

Yeah, found a JP TL.
>>
>>152492607
I defintely prefer something over nothing.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.