[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>If you felt like it, you could save millions of people.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 70
Thread images: 5

File: if.jpg (91KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
if.jpg
91KB, 1280x720px
>If you felt like it, you could save millions of people.

What is she trying to suggest here? That angels are capable of fixing this shitty earth but don't do it because...why? I don't get it, even if Gabriel doesn't want to do it because she's lazy, why wouldn't the other angels?
>>
She means over the course of eons
>>
>>152461509
It's a metaphor.
>>
>>152461509

If I felt like it I could kill millions of people, its just effort.
>>
Gabriel is the MC of a jrpg, only she can save the world
>>
>>152461509
The Christian concept of Saving a person has nothing to do with making their life less shit.
>>
>>152461509
Free will. Basically, it's on our own hands if our life will be shit or not.
>>
>>152461544
You put the killing thing right between your teeth, but you don't give it the power to do its killing?
>>
>>152461619
It's a doggy dog world in this diamond dozen.
>>
>>152461628
I swear someone just responded to me with this exact post on a different board earlier today. What is going on?
>>
>>152461658
I am watching you.
>>
>>152461658
For all intensive purposes, you're high.
>>
>>152461509
God is capable of doing whatever the fuck he wants but if you want an explanation besides the whole "free will" spiel -
God is 'too busy' keeping Heaven perfect and Hell perfectly shit. Considering that your time on earth is a countable and finite number while your time in heaven is more or less uncountably infinite, he has the right idea.
>>
>>152461682
The saving of people usually refers to making sure they find Christ and ascend to heaven, rather than go to hell.
>>
>>152461707
Well I said that too >>152461571, but if he wants a different way of looking at it.
>>
>>152461664
Whose eyes are those eyes?
>>
>>152461509
What part of "God's great plan" don't you understand, you infidel?
>>
>>152462262
Actually, my name is Ephidel.
>>
>>152462262
That is kind of the point, heretic.
Presuming to understand God's great plan is overbearing hubris.
>>
>>152462307
The one presuming things was OP. Things are exactly how God intended them to be and he has no right to complain about the performance of His holy envoys.
>>
>>152462307
In other words "I don't have a plan now shut up and keep worshipping me"
>>
>>152461682
The days on earth are finite. Countable implies countably infinite, which they are not. And I'm pretty sure the days in heaven are countably infinite.
>>
>>152462764
>countable implies countably finite
So a countable number of peanuts is an infinite number of peanuts?

>countably infinite
There aren't even days and nights in Heaven.
>>
>>152462823
A set is countable if there's a bijection between it and the natural numbers. Provided you can label the days and nights, they're countable. As in an infinite list (day 1, night 1, day 2, night 2...).
>>
>>152462893
I know what the actual definition of countable is
CAN you label the days and nights in Heaven? Is there even a concept of Time in Heaven?
>>
>>152461509
That part was really, really bad
I hope that girl won't show up again
>>
I don't have much of an opinion but I just want to say that I find this discussion genuinely interesting.
>>
>>152463051
I hope she does show up again. She had a really cool voice. And unlike you I enjoyed that skit but I'm sure they have different jokes in mind.
>>
>>152462921
probably since there are physical bodies

stuff would get pretty messy withotu linear time
>>
>>152463381
I mean considering that in physics, the arrow of time is more or less the thermodynamic arow of time (not entirely but kind of), in a world like Heaven where the Second Law obviously doesn't give a shit because God is omnipotent, would time be a thing?
>>
>>152461628
That sentence doesn't make sense even after you fix the obvious trolling.
>>
>>152462764
>>152462893
>Countable implies countably infinite
>A set is countable if there's a bijection between it and the natural numbers
What? No. A set is countable if there it has an injection into the natural numbers, in other words, if there is a bijection between it and a SUBSET of the natural numbers. Every finite set is obviously countable.
>>
They already are constantly saving people. You just don't notice it.
>>
File: zero.jpg (153KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
zero.jpg
153KB, 1920x1080px
>>152464245
So many things wrong with your post. First off, not everything is a troll. Sometimes people post things called "jokes." Second, if it WERE a troll, then why wouldn't its nonsensicality be part of the troll? Third, that post is clearly referencing a very old copypasta that you should be ashamed for not recognizing.

All in all, you get a 0. See me after class.
>>
>>152461509
Technically yes, but the last time that happened, all those angels were cast off as demons
>>
>>152464657
Satania is easily the most likable character in the show and Vigne is all around a great person so maybe this isn't such a bad idea after all.
>>
>>152462502
>>152462504
>Things are exactly how God intended them to be actually they're not. everything doesn't go according to god's will.

> now shut up and keep worshipping me
and why not?

>>152464657
when did they try to fix anything? they only thing I remember is when they are called to do god's work and smite country like sodom and Gomorrah. or are you talking about int eh show itself?
>>
>>152461509
Every egg she lets go to waste is a hundred thousand potential ancestors lost to time.

What she's trying to say is breed, dammit
>>
>>152465138
I honestly don't know shit about the minutes of Christian beliefs. I though everything that happened was supposed to be in accordance with His will.
>>
>>152465253
he wants it to but we keep fucking up.
>>
>>152465284
This. Everything good is God's will. Everything bad is humans fucking up. The floods, plagues, famines and rampant death was also humans fucking up.
>>
>>152465312
>everything good is God's will eveything bad is humans fucking up
>Pillars of Salt is humans fucking up
Also the jews have shit for creativity, literally stealing from Zoroastrianism
>>
>>152465284
Whatever happened to omnipotence?
>>
>>152465373
The christians didn't really think it through by stacking so many things onto God
He really worked a lot better as a totally-not-pagan God.
>>
>>152465312
>rampant death humanitys fault
except when god decides to kill everyone's first son and shit
>>
>>152465404
Christian God is the most boring God of all. Why did the Romans have to abandon the old Gods?
>>
>>152465373
besides free will?

>>152465433
are you talking about the plague, the flood, and Gomorrah? that's because he was angry with us because we were fucking up.
but I think the last time he did something huge even though it wasn't life threating was when he separated everyone by language, don't know what that was about.
>>
>>152465373
Look kid. I know you want to keep playing the "sky fairy" card but the simple fact is that religion started as a collection of old stories. Those stories came together to create a shared heritage among separate towns and communities and helped make order of the horrible peasant farmer life.

As society changed the lessons given by ye olde stories changed. As the church gained power the goals of religion changed. Religion evolved from its humble beginnings of "daddy why is the sky blue" to an authoritative "this is why you obey t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶t̶e God" law.

Somewhere along the line religion stopped evolving. I don't know why but the biggest driver was cranky old men kept discovering science. New discoveries kept breaking down the "sky fairy" laws of organized g̶o̶v̶e̶r̶n̶m̶e̶n̶t religion, and old religious men who forgot their roots never bothered to keep up with the times.
>>
>>152465533
>Christian God is the most boring God of all
that's like, your opinion man.

>Why did the Romans have to abandon the old Gods
I think its because the world was becoming more civilized or evolving and they felt outdated? I mean I don't know anything about the roman's god.
>>
>>152461509
Because angels are not idiots. Last time then they are tried to fix the Earth, whole mankind almost had extinct.
>>
>>152465544
Free Will has nothing to do with being unpredictable. You people like to throw around free will like it's some magical thing. Your friend has free will but you know what pizza he's going to order and you know that if you take him to Taco Bell he's going to order Dr. Pepper again. If you don't want him to order Dr. Pepper then you simply don't take him to Taco Bell.
Same shit for God. He knows how everyone will react to everything. When he does anything he has the ability to change the 'track' of the world to a perfect one but he doesn't.

>>152465533
A bunch of historical coincidences and a fanaticism of early christians to actively seek martyrdom.
>>
>>152465640
So are you imagining a Roman John Oliver saying "It's the current year, guys! Monotheism is the right side of history, you tribalist heathen polytheistic bastards."?
>>
>>152465632
>science killed god christfags, take THAT theists
summary of this guys post for everyone
>>
>>152465640
Romans originally worshipped bootlegged versions of the Greek gods.
>>
>>152465533

>Why did the Romans have to abandon the old Gods
Because Romans wanted Roman people to only obey Rome. One capital means One God.
>>
>>152465632
I know all that grandpa, I was just pushing for the good old metaphysical discussion about the inconsistencies embedded in the definition of the Christian God because I'm bored and people talk about pointless bullshit when they're bored.
>>
>>152465699
that cracked me up. no but I meant probably the romans gods were mostly just warmongers.

>>152465759
>If you don't want him to order Dr. Pepper then you simply don't take him to Taco Bell
>completely ignoring the fact that his friend can get his own self to taco bell.
> and ignoring that dr pepper is everywhere.
good o' dr.p

>>152465770
you're weird. you must read a lot. neerrrrrrrrrrrd.
>>
>>152465742
> He thinks stories, morals, cultural heritage and a common societal moral compass has no place in the modern world.
It's like you don't even know what religion is. It is RARE that science reaches the same overall conclusions that have kept religious societies on the map for thousands of years, and when it does the scientific explanation takes hundreds of pages to fully explain. Religion boils down all that hard math into simple rules for the masses to adopt.

Lying is bad.
Murder is bad (not "killing" per se. Just malicious murder)
Things that break society into rival gangs is bad (rival nations are okay)
And so forth.

>>152465895
> He thinks Roman soldiers didn't patrol the land burning down houses and persecuting people who drank Dr. Pepper.
>>
>>152466180
>He thinks Roman soldiers didn't patrol the land burning down houses and persecuting people who drank Dr. Pepper.
>implying it wasn't a conspiracy by coke because of their superior, and much less bubbly, flavor.
>and coke knew if people knew and understood of dr.p deliciousness they would overthrow the coke's rule.
>>
>>152461682
>judging a person's potentially infinite afterlife based on an infinitesimally small time duration of the person's life on Earth
>totally fair and balanced

christcuck logic, everyone
>>
>>152466768
> Kids inherit millions of dollars from their daddy because their daddy's daddy's great grand daddy's grandpa killed a bear and that saved a village or some shit
Your're logic, everyone.
>>
>>152461509
>implying angels arent helping people this very second
You see all those #blessed shit on social media when people get good things happening to them? Thats an angel's doing.

Yep, an angel decided to give that rich fucker's kid a ferrari and now that kid is #blessed
Lebron winning a game while some faggot dies of cancer? Lebron is #blessed
>>
File: 1471142201417.png (356KB, 386x557px) Image search: [Google]
1471142201417.png
356KB, 386x557px
>>152467023
>You see all those #blessed shit on social media
I'm from a time when you would have been told to fuck off from /a/ for even suggesting you use social media.
>>
>>152466768
I'm not a Christian.
>>
>>152461509
Life is a trial, angels don't have right to intervene, am I right?
>>
File: portable squid.jpg (47KB, 498x498px) Image search: [Google]
portable squid.jpg
47KB, 498x498px
>>152467135
/a/ is social media
>>
>>152467712
>>152461509
I don't watch the show, but that line is selfish, since if humanity work together they could solve their own problems, but nope elts ask someone else to clean up after us.
>>
>>152467763
for even suggesting you use other mainstream internet based social media*
>>
>>152461509
The other angels are cunts, look at Raphiel.
>>
File: 1416990347535.jpg (11KB, 175x165px) Image search: [Google]
1416990347535.jpg
11KB, 175x165px
>>152467763
The sad thing is, that's true.
Thread posts: 70
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.