[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

What does /a/ think of Dragon Ball Z?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

What does /a/ think of Dragon Ball Z?
>>
I don't know, let's ask him
>>
>>152456880
I'm here
What do you need?
>>
>>152456917
What do you think of Dragon Ball Z?
>>
>>152456943
It's okay I guess
>>
>>152456967
Thank you
>>
>>152456751
Really interesting evolution to its precedessor. Something was a mere parody on the fighting genre became (uninentionally) satirical thanks to its hyper-masculinity.
Something that had used martial arts and its techniques prior, now primarily focussing on long-distance beams. Power levels now determined the winner, not ones strategy or fighting techniques and ability.
It outgrew fantasy and became sci-fantasy, using more and more science-fiction tropes, exploring time and space.

I really like it, it's much more serious than Dragonball and is basically its own thing.
Dragonball Super feels like a mix between DB and DBZ, focussing less on muscles (on the characters) and more on comedy while maintaining generic sci-fi tropes... whilst rehashing lots of stories and characters. Ultimately, far inferior to the original.
>>
>>152456751
Should have ended after the Freeza saga. GT and Super were a mistake.
>>
>>152457299

I think cell saga was a better ending. Goku finally giving the responsibility of the world to his son and he retiring forever.

Buu was shit. GT was shit, but had nice animation. Super is shit in every regard.
>>
>>152456751
Shit adaptation of a great manga just like the first anime series.
>>
>>152457537
man-made robots being stronger than an intergalactic overlord doesn't make sense though, even for Chinese cartoons. I could go on about how Super Siayan 2 is silly and about how Dr. Feel spying on Goku his entire life was an asspull but meh.

Freeza was where the series began, if you consider the Bardock special as the official prequel to the series. It just feels like Freeza should have been the end. also, Ginyu Force members being the strongest in the universe would make more sense if the series ended at the Freeza saga. because of power levels got ridiculous at the end of the Freeza saga, and only worse as the series progresses, the people who got killed in the Saiyan saga did King Kai's training and we're able to defeat the Ginyu Force effortlessly in the afterlife, which is bullshit. Don't know if it was Canon but it happened in the anime.
>>
>>152456751
Overrated as fuck
Not as good as its predecessor
Got worse and worse with each arc
>>
Not enough dragons
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.