[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

there's a movie coming out cool https://www.youtube.c

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 96
Thread images: 11

File: stop.jpg (29KB, 500x740px) Image search: [Google]
stop.jpg
29KB, 500x740px
there's a movie coming out

cool

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rX9glbTDsRQ
>>
File: daru welcome to a.jpg (109KB, 1180x800px) Image search: [Google]
daru welcome to a.jpg
109KB, 1180x800px
>>152452588
>OP backup was made in January 20, 2013
>OP got tortured and turned into a vegetable
>backup recovered, OP got reinstalled

It isn't gonna be easy to get to the path of Steins Gate OP.
>>
>>152453525
what
>>
>>152452588

This is literally just the dub for Deja Vu, it's been out for ages. Aside from fanservice there is like no reason to watch it.
>>
>>152453737
>be a fan
>movie will service me

sounds pretty good! I'll watch it tomorrow. The games are so Boo-ring but I like the show.
>>
>>152453786
Watch half of it, then just stop watching the rest. Nothing makes sense in the rest of the movie given the way the anime built the world up.
>>
>>152453525
lmao.
>>
>>152453786
>games
>so Boo-ring

It's like you don't love Hououin Kyouma from the bottom of your heart
>>
>>152453786
(You)
>>
>>152453844
>OP forgot to time leap 730 times.
>>
>>152453832
I don't listen to what you people on the internet tell me about that stuff. If you guys had it your way I'd basically never watch anything, and the things I did watch would be in retarded orders.

>>152453855
>it's just like watching a tv show
>but slower than just reading a book and without any advantages of a video game

and who the hell is hoouins kyouma?
>>
>>152453924
it was only uploaded three days ago you can't make fun of me for thinking it was new it's not allowed okay
>>
>>152453928
No, the second half of the movie literally does not make any damn sense.

Kurisu basically gets Okabe's reading steiner, like full blown, for REASONS, then she goes back in time to kiss 8 year old Okabe,

Nearly every time I see it discussed most people see it for nothing more than a blatant cash grab
>>
>>152454085
You guys said the same thing about Evangelion, and that made perfect sense. You guys probably just didn't get it or something.
>>
>>152454085
Everyone has reading steiner to an extent.
Having said that, the writers didn't handweave it with "Kurisu getting tazed by Okabe gave her the right amount of brain damage to get more intense reading steiner etc..."

The part about kissing Okabe doesn't make much sense to me though.
>>
>>152454261
That's not even the worst part. They break like every single time travel rule the original show established when they could have taken 5 minutes to think of a way to pull it off that didn't shit all over the original
>>
>watch half a movie

Christ, just say don't watch it. Who in their right mind would go into a movie saying:

>at 45 minutes, I am just going to turn it off

Internet recommenders are retarded.
>>
>>152454260
What didn't make sense is how it went full blown

>>152454261
Yes that is true, but the whole time they break down the "some extent" to WELP YOU GOT IT ALL NOW KURISU ALSO SUZU FOR SOME REASON EVEN THOUGH SHE SHOULDN'T EXIST IN THIS WORLDLINE.

Nothing about it makes any sense and shits over all the rules that the series set up
>>
>>152454405
The Okabe and Kurisu stuff is pretty cute and heart warming, after that there is just nothing worth continuing on with.
>>
>>152454431
Kurisu somehow managed to imprint a memory into Okabe without causing a divergence of the world line. That I can accept, but then the causality issue of Okabe getting run over by a truck really doesn't fly.
>>
>>152454644
not that specifically but after okabe disappears there are just too many head scratching "how the fuck" moments that make it show blatant flaws.

I'm not saying the movie isn't watchable on the second half, but for the story S;G told it just feels very mediocre
>>
>>152454342
The show felt like it broke rules at time but would always add in some lines of dialogue to make it much more believable or acceptable.

The biggest issue is that the movie spends too much time telling us just to accept X and move on, rather than noting the details. Feels like they just spent so much time giving Kurisu x Okabe, that they didn't have enough time or budget for the second half
>>
The movie is pants on head retarded. Literally takes almost all of the established rules and shoves them up its ass.

The R World Line shit doesn't make sense. The whole point is that there's only one world at a time and infinitely many possibilities that exist among it. And why does that arbitrarily cause Okabe to disappear and everyone to just forget about him. That's horse shit.

The ending is one of the biggest shit fests I've ever seen. Wouldn't the fact that Kurisu goes all the way back to be a shotacon fuck shit up even more? How does that not cause a disaster?

Literally only good for like the 3 moments of Kurisu fanservice.
>>
>>152455341
R worldline shouldn't be called that. If it's just a superposition then that's acceptable.
>>
>>152455341
Not to mention
>Kurisu just shows up at a lab
>Everyone knows her
>Okabe never introduced anyone to them
>They have no reason to know her or trust her
>They somehow just know her and accept everything she says

it's been a while since I have seen the movie mind you, but that is what I remember being the biggest what the fuck moments in making sense.
>>
>>152455641
It's been some time since they first met. I don't mind that part. I find it odd that Okabe shifting out of Steins Gate doesn't impact the relative relationship between the lab members though.
>>
>>152455686
>It's been some time since they first met

Correct me if I am wrong but wasn't Okabe the only reason they met kurisu for the first time. If it wasn't for the time travel thing, the other lab members wouldn't have gone there.
>>
Steins;Gate should have ended with Kurisu dying
>>
>>152455867
She did anon, just on another world line
>>
>a thread with people unironically discussing the plot of the Steins;Gate movie

What the hell?
>>
>>152455641
Explained in the VN

Everyone has reading steiner, though many precieve it as deja vu

They faintly remember being with her over the different world lines
>>
>>152455814
Lab members would've bonded together through Okabe without the time machine, as they were friends to start with. PhoneWave still got developed and subsequently destroyed by Okabe.

How you can remove Okabe and still have the Future Gadget Lab is beyond me. It shouldn't work that way.
>>
>>152456268
>Everyone has reading steiner, though many precieve it as deja vu

Anime explained this as well, that's not my point.

>They faintly remember being with her over the different world lines

The problem is Kurisu gets full on reading steiner "just cause", and it really is just like never explained how it went from faint memories to getting it full blown.
>>
>>152452588
The movie is shit and the only way this would in any way be acceptable is if they also dubbed, translated and released the drama cds and other bonuses that came when the movie was released
>>
>>152456601
>dub drama CD
Just watch the translation online. I bet you didn't even watch Arclight of the point of infinity
>>
>>152452588

You timeleaped to the wrong thread faggot. The movie isn't canon.
>>
>>152456662
I have. There was a lot more other shit too, each one of which would have been more worth to translate than the fucking movie itself
>>
>>152456146

This is what happens when secondaries and redditors come onto /a/ due to the popularity of the SciAdv series.
>>
>>152455867
Kill yourself.
>>
>>152456146
Steins;Gate, or atleast 0, should have ended with several flashforwards showing heartwarming things like Suzuhas birth, Hashida family hiking trips, Suzuha going to school, Suzuha hanging out with uncle Kyoma, Okabe planning about the future with Kurisu, Maho and Moeka and Kurisu and Faris meeting and having a sleepover, etc.
0 true end would have had a lot more impact if we actually saw Okabe and Kurisu succesfully living in the S;G world line. Its too much of a hassle to boot up S;G and watch the aftermath from the og true end
>>
File: grapes.jpg (275KB, 1280x1847px) Image search: [Google]
grapes.jpg
275KB, 1280x1847px
>>152457211
>popularity

It's niche within in niche. Let's do a scientific experiment, howabout. Name the anime you think is most popular.
>>
File: 5.jpg (43KB, 442x428px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
43KB, 442x428px
>>152455341
The rule breaking didn't bother me much, it's just that the movie was underwhelming on all front. Even the drama felt pretty boring.
And Kurisu just didn't work as an MC.
>>
>>152457983
There was drama in the movie?
>>
>>152457570
All of that is far too cute for human eyes.

>>152457983
>no scan of the color version of that image

It would be perfect for get shitposting.
>>
>>152455341
Just finished watching the movie for the second time, though the irst one was 3 years ago. Damn, it is really bad, I don't even know how did I watch it without trouble the first time, maybe because this time I played the VN instead of watching the anime, or things just got more clear. Fuck it, it had no sense, it was a completly retarded rewriting of rules and messing with past event so they finished like they were supposed to be.
>>
File: deskplate.png (116KB, 502x501px) Image search: [Google]
deskplate.png
116KB, 502x501px
>>152457983
>worst opinion on the board

Not a very intelligent individual, I see.
>>
>>152457570
>if we actually saw Okabe and Kurisu succesfully living in the S;G world line
Eh, there's no need for that, the way it ends is fine as it is.
>>
The movie was adorable as a fuck.
>>
>>152458799
>as a fuck
lewd
>>
File: 1422848170115.png (527KB, 448x546px) Image search: [Google]
1422848170115.png
527KB, 448x546px
>>152458799
>>
>>152457983
Kurisu is ok as an MC. However, Maho's route makes me realize that she's a better MC than Kurisu, being a more nuanced individual and all.
>>
>>152459129
Kurisu > Maho
>>
File: maho and kurisu wha.png (39KB, 271x223px) Image search: [Google]
maho and kurisu wha.png
39KB, 271x223px
>>152459316
>>
>>152459129
Kurisu is amazing!
>>
Just watched it after finishing the VN. The stuff with the R Timeline didn't make any sense to me and Suzuha, as cute as she is, showing up again at all was odd.

Seeing all of the cast interact with each other was cute though.
>>
What did they mean by this shot?
>>
>>152461636
>you will never see drunk Maho
>>
>>152462340
>help me anon, I'm trapped in this show and I want to be out there with you.
>>
>>152457570
There's probably gonna be an LN sequel.
>>
>>152462342
>you will never lead Maho around on a leash
>>
>>152462430
>you will never lead both Maho and Kurisu around on leashes
>>
>>152462453
>you will never own a leash
>>
>>152454260
Okabe gets sent to a different world line and disappears from Steins Gate, prompting Kurisu to try and find a way to rescue him, despite both the VN and the anime establishing that only world line can exist at a time.
>>
>>152462513
Sounds like a good movie. I gathered as much from the trailer.
>>
>>152462472
Well, that at least could be fixed easily.
>>
>>152452588
So why is the anime good?
Watched three episodes of it and it was so fucking boring and stale.
>>
>>152462951
Did you watch it from the start though? I thought it was crap too, but it turns out I accidentally watched episode five or six by mistake instead of episode one, so I gave it another shot and it was good.

Funny thing was, though, when I watched the series the regular way, I never did come across the episode I saw by mistake again. Wonder what ever became of it.
>>
>>152462951
Just read the VN. It's not a particularly action-packed series so there's little worth animating, the VN is fully voiced and unless you understand Jap you're reading subtitles anyway so there's no actual reason for you to go with the anime over the VN.
>>
>>152463082
>dubs what are they lmao
>>
>>152463124
Is the dub for SG good?
>>
>>152463145
Yeah. Why wouldn't it be?
>>
>>152463145
It's fine but not so good that you'd choose it over the vn which just straight up handles the story better than the anime does.
>>
>>152463145
It's terrible. Mayuri especially.
>>
>>152463189
>>152463228
>>152463242
Thanks guys.
>>
>>152463145
It's better than the manga
>>
>>152463228
>show bores him

Well, why don't you watch the same thing, but slower and way more tedious!

You people are so retarded. Between you guys and the watch 1/2 of a movie guy, it's a wonder anyone listens to you at all. Instead of shoehorning your hate for dubs and anime into everything, why not think about the needs of the person asking and tailor the advice for them?
>>
>>152463145
I've never heard a good dub moe voice in my life. Shiina voiced by one of the three croaking American hags who make anime dubs? Sad.
>>
>>152463282
It's generally agreed that the show takes longer to "get going" than the VN does. You can disagree if you want but I'm giving him the general opinion on things.
>>
>>152463326
>I don't think it but other people think it and I just go around telling people what others think so you can't blame me for anything they aren't my opinions lmao also did I ever tell you it's generally accepted all women are liars when they say they got raped?
>>
>anime ends, they are in the first thread of steins gate world line (the one where both kurisu and mayuuri are alive)
>at one point in the movie okabe's consciousness shifts to a thread in R world line, while everyone else shifts to the second thread of steins gate world line (where kurisu and mayuuri are still alive, but okabe doesn't exist)
>in the second SG thread kurisu builds a time machine
>sends suzuha back in time, which makes a third SG thread diverge from the second one, because suzuha wasn't present in the second SG thread, up to that point
>kurisu goes back from 2011 in the third thread to 2005, the joint past of all three SG threads, and by doing so makes a fourth thread diverge from it (there was also another one with the first failed attempt, but that's not important right now)
>kurisu kisses okabe in 2005 of the fourth thread
>kurisu goes back to 2011 of the fourth thread
>okabe's consciousness now stays in the fourth thread having memories of that same thread, but reading steiner helps him remember all the stuff from other threads and world lines (stuff in the anime)
do you get it yet?

also, some mentioned how come everyone knows of kurisu, if okabe doesn't exist? okabe clearly notices in the anime how, even though the world lines change a lot, their relationships stay the same. i can't remember which episode this is though.
>>
>>152463528
I don't read posts about movies I haven't see aha! You can't rain on my parade! I'm going to watch my nice movie with cute kurisu and kooky labcoat guy and you can't stop me! I'll likely even enjoy it.
>>
What the hell is this shitty thread? Are we getting raided by reddit and tumblr? Does OP literally work for Funi and he made this thread to advertise their dub?
What a shitty thread
>>
>>152463562
why are you even here then?
>>
>>152463645
What's with you /a/ shitposters and reddit memes nowadays? Did your autismo power level get you banned there?
>>
>>152463645
I just learned the other day that funimation actually has a streaming service competing with crunchy roll. They could do with some advertisers. They also have a ton of shows on YouTube for free, but that site is impossible to navigate.
>>
>>152463715
Reddit has the kind of obnoxious newfags that are hated here like >>152463819
Jesus, lurk more before posting. This site isn't friendly to newfaggots. You learn to swin on your own or you drown and get eaten by sharks
Don't like it? You can fuck off
>>
Man, I can't believe people are speaking positively of dubs ITT. Is this fucking bizarro-/a/?
>>
>>152464003
It's plebbit
>>
>>152464003
Someone's exhibiting free thought!

REEEEE
>>
>>152464159
Fuck off retard
>>
>>152454261
It creates a giant plot hole for steins gate since okabe had his first kiss with the tuturuuuu girl in the VN
>>
>>152464347
please refer to >>152463528
in one thread his first kiss is with mayuuri, in the movie thread his first kiss is with kurisu, but he remembers both due to having reading steiner
>>
File: DQN.jpg (42KB, 600x410px) Image search: [Google]
DQN.jpg
42KB, 600x410px
>>152463861
Obnoxious newfags? Get eaten by the sharks? I can fuck off? Sounds like a definitive 'yes' to me. I know I would ban you for attacking random people with this inane bullshit. Do you know what 中二病 means?
>>
>>152465741
desu desu desu desu desu desu DESU
>>
>>152462357
>help me Okabe and Maho, I'm trapped behind this screen and I want to be out there with you.

Fuck you! It hurts like hell to be reminded of this.
Thread posts: 96
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.