[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What happend that made him hate otakus so much?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 7

File: images (6).jpg (11KB, 275x270px) Image search: [Google]
images (6).jpg
11KB, 275x270px
What happend that made him hate otakus so much?
>>
You do know what otakus are right?

There's your answer.
>>
For a man who spent most of his life consuming and creating entertainment for obsessive manchildren, it is weird how critical he is of them.

Most people in the industry just keep on truckin
>>
>>152421562
He met Miyazaki
>>
File: Ihatemyself - Copy.jpg (72KB, 675x512px) Image search: [Google]
Ihatemyself - Copy.jpg
72KB, 675x512px
>>152421799
>For a man who spent most of his life consuming and creating entertainment for obsessive manchildren, it is weird how critical he is of them.
>>
File: Anno.webm (3MB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Anno.webm
3MB, 854x480px
>Work on some pretty shallow anime
>Try to make this somewhat avant garde take on classic mecha tropes with insights into isolation and the psyche
>Expect to change how people see anime
>People start jerking off to Rei instead
>>
>>152421562
Several thousand death threat letters after airing the first ending from people with no taste.
>>
>>152421562
When an artist creates art, he does it for himself of for his fans even when he knows some retarded autists crawl among them.
>>
File: miyazaki lolicons.gif (1MB, 371x209px) Image search: [Google]
miyazaki lolicons.gif
1MB, 371x209px
>>152421562
He got indoctrinated for years by Miyazaki
>>
>>152423656
>i became aware

This is what you do when you become famous, rich, and respected and want to make sure no one ever knows you were a huge lolicon pervert.
>>
>>152423607
>Try to make this somewhat avant garde take on classic mecha tropes with insights into isolation and the psyche
>Expect to change how people see anime
He was trying to make a standard mecha show, though. He's said he himself doesn't know exactly how/why it became what it did.
>>
>>152421562
Anon, they're otakus. They're trash. You SHOULD be disgusted by them. Or rather, any respectable human being should condemn and forever hate otakus who are the literal trash and stain on humanity and its great civilization
>>
>>152421562
His house caught fire.
>>
>>152423727
>who are the literal trash and stain on humanity and its great civilization
You say while posting on /a/.
>>
>>152421562
Because Anno is an Otaku, and he has always hated himself.

Calling him some sort of "misunderstood genius" is a gross misunderstanding of the type of person he is.
>>
>>152421562
He made something sincere and from the heart, and people just used it to fap. It's like seeing your child become a drug dealer.
>>
>>152423754
I say it because I'm posting on /a/. So I know.
>>
>hey guys. check out my super serious commentary on the evils of waifuism.
>who gives a fuck you dumbass? rei is the best!
>fuck off, doll fucker! asuka is the best!
>>
But he doesn't?
>>
>>152421562
>make a very good romcom series
>comic author didnt like what he did
>he quits
>trapped in his never ending EVA reboots

I would hate them too if I were him
>>
>>152423824
>sprinkle hot underaged girls in skintight suits everywhere
>WHY ARE THESE PERVERTS FAPPING TO IT?
It's like raising your child in a meth lab and then acting shocked and horrified when they become dealers. I've always been puzzled by that supposed reaction of his, particularly given that he's hardly an anti-hentai or adult-anime-girls-only guy himself. Seems like it's probably been overblown over the years.
>>
>>152423766
This is correct. Make no mistake, he's one of them.
>>
>>152423766
Again, this.
>>
>>152423915
He doesn't make regular anime anymore because of fucking Kare Kano?
>>
Because Nadia happened. Or the filler episodes more precisely.
>>
This guy is an Otaku himself
>>
ANGRY
RAPE
MAN
>>
>>152424732
The notorious supervillain and former Kamen Rider, Breadcrummer (c).
>>
>>152423712
This, fucking this
All the bullshit and the colossal amounts of ridiculous theories sound like the same bullshit that the stereotypical literature teacher spouts whenever they read their dumb over analysis of literature
It's fucking annoying and people have been proven wrong time and time again
>>
He one day looked in a mirror and realized that he hated the man in it.
He hates that he can see himself reflected in the face of every fucking loser otaku in japan.
>>
>>152423984
It is, he wasn't mad, he was just intrigued by differing tastes and a bit sad because of how intense waifu shitposting became
>>
>>152423636
thats what he gets from making such a shit ending
>>
>>152425454
T. The man with no taste
>>
>>152425429
It was just a phase, he grew out of it and now he's just laying back and he turned Godzilla into an Angel while putting Eva music, hoping to get more Eva fans into theaters
I hope he just finishes Rebuild, I don't care how, I just need an ending already
>>
>>152425476
The only scary thing about Shin Godzilla was that I have the same political opinions as the Master.
>>
>>152425476
>It was just a phase, he grew out of it and now he's just laying back and he turned Godzilla into an Angel while putting Eva music, hoping to get more Eva fans into theaters

Honestly that nearly ruined the movie for me. I've always been supportive of Anno but even that I have to admit was pretty hack-ish.
>>
>>152425687
It was just a bit of fanservice
>>
>>152425717
It's not fanservice because it forcefully ties to unrelated franchises together. The tank scene was a cool homage, but the music defined Evangelion. And now he forced it into a much more famous franchise that he doesn't own just because he wants to make everything related to Eva.
>>
>>152424657
people speculated that its probably one on the reasons. He really did felt angry
>>
>>152426299
*of

fucking typos
>>
>>152421562
he had to remake the half of nge bc of some terrorist attack in tokyo so he went with the shinji going on this self discovery stuff and the fans in japan sent m=him death threats so in the end of evangelion he basicaly said fuck u and made shinji jerk off to asuka bc that what the fans were doing anyway
>>
>>152421562
He just hates the ones that don't leave their basement.
>>
>>152426549
>he had to remake the half of nge bc of some terrorist attack in tokyo
more on this??
>>
>>152421676
fpbp
but he needs them to survive the industry.
>>
>>152427072
You can order merch from your basement now too, he's ok with them now
>>
>>152425462
Anon, back then people probably didn't even understand what happened in the series all that well. The west still was still arranging the characters as spheres on the Sephirotic three as late as in 2004.
>>
>>152421562
>caring about Ano
no typo
>>
>>152425791
When I was a kid, I thought one was inspired by another in them in some way, because Kiryuu is similar to a Evangelion (they took a Godzilla skeleton and built a robot around it).
>>
>>152425520
This, it's not rocket science.
>>
moe
>>
>>152423712
So basically, it's a bunch of people that consider overthinking everything as a piece of art when it was confirmed that it was actually winging everything without too much thought? EVA in a nutshell?
>>
>>152423712
>>152425378
>>152427604
>implying that you cannot create a masterpiece without intending to create a masterpiece
>>
>>152427638
It's like trying to make a piece of shit story that is made by grade schoolers and adults come along and call it a social commentary on abortion or some shit (this was done in a cartoon and everyone that read it threw up).
>>
>>152421562
He used to be one of them but eventually moved forward in life and now sees how retarded all that shit is.
>>
>>152427638
I'm not saying Eva isn't a masterpiece, it's just that people find supposed hidden meanings where there are none
And I really do love Eva, the only thing I don't like is how Rei is really lifeless, I get that that's the point, but I wouldn't have made that point
>>
>>152423656
>all perverts are lolicons
>>
>>152427638
That's the same logic of some dude complaining about a character not acting like a NEET. He goes on and on lecturing for shit. That sounds great and all, but there was one problem, that character was never a NEET. See how that narrative is essentially bullshit?
>>
Look OP it isn't that hard to understand, people look back on themselves and are usually disgusted and despise their past selves and their actions. In his case he COULDN'T move on because he knows as long as otaku exist, so does the past he wanted to forget. It didn't exactly help that he got a shit ton of death threats for the tv ending of nge.
>>
>>152427758
what?
>>
>>152427710
shota > shit >>>>>>>>>> loli
>>
>>152427638
This. If the imagery was only there because he "thought it was cool" that doesn't mean he wasn't subconsciously weaving a narrative together with visual callbacks, etc.

Plus most of the imagery is from the manga anyways, Anno's contribution was managing the resources of the animation study to bring about the best possible product he could with what he had. His decisions about pacing, or changing characters a little to make them more sympathetic, whatever.
>>
He's a huge Otaku himself.
He just has a problem with cancerous people who don't want to grow up and become proper adults.
>>
>>152427867
>He just has a problem with cancerous people who don't want to grow up and become proper adults.

ever heard of human neoteny?

sometimes I feel I use that as an excuse for my own shortcomings, but the thing is real
>>
File: anno lol.png (36KB, 201x363px) Image search: [Google]
anno lol.png
36KB, 201x363px
>>152427908
top kek, I guess Anno wrote the wikipedia article on it, his hatred of it might also be why all the Eva characters have long legs and normal size heads, because he was aware of Neotinous features being infantilizing to the audience.
>>
>>152423915
From what I heard he didn't quit, he was fired.
>>
>>152427854
That doesn't make any sense. If there is no intention, then it is just improvising. The funny thing is how people like you and fans create some sort of narrative and call it some underlying message or meaning or call it "unconscious" basically speaks for itself. It is deceiving yourself and just delusional. It's pure lunacy that you people always repeat this narrative that was never intended in the first place. It's simply put as "pure luck" and people try to find ways out of it. The idea you can craft a narrative out there in the ether because it might exist is just nonsensical.
>>
>>152427773
With those death threats came letters of appreciation.
>>
>>152425476
How was Shin Godzilla? I still haven't seen it but that art book of it looks god-tier as hell.
>>
>>152421562
He assumed that being an otaku was the reason why he was depressed. Now he's still an otaku but somehow justifies that it was the reason he was worse off.
>>
>>152427435
Eva was Anno's take on the God Warrior from Nausicaa (which he animated) and Ultraman, whom he played as in a fan film.
>>
File: gojira.jpg (41KB, 369x400px) Image search: [Google]
gojira.jpg
41KB, 369x400px
>>152428274
It was great, if you're fine with a more serious godzilla you should like it
>>
>>152428229
>>152427854
why are you all always arguing about that christian symbolism? I'm glad it doesn't mean anything, Eva isn't "deep" because JESUS, LMAO, YOU GET IT? Eva is meaningful, beacause of it's realistic portrayal of psychological issues, interesting characters and deconstruction of many anime tropes and movie tropes in general. If you want Jesus go watch any Zack Snyder movie, or The Matrix sequels. These have that on every turn so they must be more meaningful, right?
>>
>>152423766
Nigga just needs to start lifting. Nothing brings more confidence in yourself than 16" guns.
>>
>>152428476
I would need to start eating properly first
>my main source of caloric intake is fucking coca cola
if I dont drink all the time I might die

Im literally an insect
>>
>>152428402
By what means are you attempting to straw-man me by saying things about symbolism? I'm already offended by the way you tried to say things that I never intended nor indicated. The pure stupidity on crafting a narrative just because you think it was that is insane. It's an asinine way of thinking that leads people to over think what anything means. You've proven yourself that you're delusional based on the fact you crafted a narrative that was indicating christian symbolism. If I had to sum up your entire post: it's bullshit.
>>
>>152427638
EVA isn't a masterpiece though. No anime is.
>>
>>152428563
If you have issue with eating properly because you don't feel like you have the energy to make food (wouldn't be surprising if you eat like crap already) or are just a lazy shit then just buy some Soylent, Joylent if you're in Europe.
Super easy to make, literally just some powder in water.
Full bag of Joylent has 2100kcal for example, and every single nutrient you need to be healthy.
Basically the culmination of nutritional science in a bag.
>>
>>152428632
It may be as close as we get.
>>
>>152428563
No, you need to start liftin now. Yes, the gainz won't come until you unfuck yourself, but the physical pain will work wonders in your mental health.
Right now I'm with a fucked up dermatitis and I feel the abyss coming after me again. Cannot wait to pump iron ASAP.
>>
>>152428680
>soylent
they dont sell than in my country
doesnt it make you shit weird colors?
isnt it people?

seriously, I would eat that if I could get it
>>
>>152428705
Nah far from it
>>
>first date in a while
>bring hard drive over
>looking through genre folders and shiet
>"Oh anon lets watch anime I loved that shit as a kid"
>i wanna pump one outs I'll let that slide
>Looking through my literal hordes of anime I've watched over the years
>"Anon whats neon genesis evangelion?"
>sigh.png
>I explain its about teenagers and mechs, skimming over the other themes cause she would be confused.
>"anon lets watch it"
>we watch up to ep 6, nothing has happened but it fun to watch some have genuine relations to the season
>she starts losing interest and starts hinting at bangs on the couch
>hadn't watched the series in forever and was unironically glued to the screen
>she out
>"Anon I'm gonna leave its getting late."
>k...
>she leaves awkwardly and I watch the whole series, finishing up at 8 am
>realise where the hours went
>relise i blew my chance with a grill that i genuinely liked
>ask how she is, saying i enjoyed last night
>no reply

Don't use EVA (unless its the rebuilds) as background or lead up to sex
>>
>>152428902
cool story bro
>>
>>152428476
Because there's one solution that fixes any problem, including itself.
I suppose of Anon had another problem like running out of water on a mountain, or jury-rigging a replacement part for a motorcycle, the solution would always be the same. Lift more.
>>
>>152428902
You dodged a bullet, you should be happy
>>
>>152428902
>bring hard drive over
>"Anon I'm gonna leave"
something's not right here
>>
>>152429083
She was so bored that she decided to leave her own house forever and move to a different city. Women, eh?
>>
>>152428902
cool story bro
>>
>>152428680
No certification? Fucking dropped.
>>
Not even going to give a you. Stuff that really happened should stay on /x/.
>>
>>152428402
What exactly did it deconstruct?
>>
>>152429120
So anon gained a house like that?
Holy shit, based Anno helping his fans indirectly
>>
>>152429221
The soul.
>>
>>152429243
I'll wait for that Anon's reply.
>>
>>152428902
Dear Anime Penthouse Forum...
You would not believe the chance to lose my virginity at age 35 passed me by yet again. I might be getting NGE-phobie along with my noviaphobia. ...
>>
>>152423984
This.

It was always his own goddamned fault, but he never took direct responsibility for it and blamed his audience like the weak-willed, simpering little coward he really his.

I mean, how did he honestly expect the audience to react? THEY'RE GODDAMNED OTAKU, YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER! OF COURSE THEY'RE GOING TO OBSESS OVER THE 'WRONG' THINGS!

You just can't have your cake and eat it too.
>>
>>152428965
t. fatass
>>
>>152423984
its a guilt thing. its not like he's a retard who didn't realise he was sexualizing kids. it just dawned on him on how weird and pathetic it was. thus the beginning of EoE.
>>
File: 0 points.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
0 points.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>>152431097
>>
>>152431733
LONDON
O
N
D
O
N
>>
>>152421562
Any sane person knows otaku are shit.
>>
>>152425378
This is a pretty ignorant response. Now before you begin to rail on me, you have to give credit where credit is due. What Anno did with Evangelion might not have been groundbreaking in terms of literary merit but his visual directing puts to shame every other director (aside from some few) working in anime. Every scene is incredibly interesting and thoughtful. Just compare some of the dialogue scenes in Evangelion and any other anime or the choice of shots for his battle scenes in episode one. He manages to use his visual skills to aid him in portrayal of his thematic goals (regardless of how puerile you might think they are) and creates interesting shots that reel you in. Compare that to say the well lauded OPM anime adaptation that manages to do less with all the incredible talent working on it (how do you make a gag manga less funny than it already is?). Anno is one of the few anime directors who has such a grasp on film's visual language and it shows.
>>
>>152421562
waifufags
>wanted misato to be for non-japanese watchers
well he was accurate, I like misato
>>
>>152421562
>What happend that made him hate otakus so much?

Probably something similar to what made William Shattner hate Trekkies so much.
>>
>>152421562
Because he is an Otaku who hates himself more than anything. Anno doesn't like himself and suffers from depression.
>>
>>152429221
Kid hero tropes.

Tsunderes and the yamato nadeshiko with Asuka and Rei.
>>
>>152433435
>>wanted misato to be for non-japanese watchers
source?
>>
>>152433940
>Kid hero tropes.
How did it deconstruct it? Nothing it did on that subject matter wasn't already done in the original Mobile Suit Gundam 15 years prior.

Deconstruct has truly lost all meaning.
>>
>>152434128
He's got it backwards. Anno actually thought people would like Misato and Asuka more in Japan, and was surprised when foreign audiences went for them and his people went for Rei.
>>
Ideon is the thinking man eva
>>
>>152434569
oh shit you're right, sorry
>>
Anno is fucking stupid.
>>
He's an otaku.

He hates himself.
>>
reifags.
>>
He grew up, got married and quit being such a neckbeard.
>>
>>152434223
>Deconstruct has truly lost all meaning.
you can thank American colleges for that
>>
>>152435446
Sorry

But I still see a beard on his neck.
>>
>>152435731
>>152435731
nah, the beard is only in his chin
>>
>>152435828
That's one thin ass beard then
>>
>>152435857
he is a jap, their beards are pubic hairs
>>
>>152436039
race doesn't mean shit
Thread posts: 121
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.