[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I've never watched Raildex, is it worth watching it in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 4

File: YPhxkoP.jpg (238KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
YPhxkoP.jpg
238KB, 1920x1080px
I've never watched Raildex, is it worth watching it in the autistic chronological order where it splits index up a lot (railgun 1-14 -> OVA -> index 1-6 -> railgun 15-16 etc.) or should I just watch the entirety of railgun, then index?
>>
just watch it in release order
>>
>should I just watch the entirety of railgun, then index?

I had tried watching Index first and was completely lost in the setting. Had to go back and watch both Railgun seasons to understand some things.

Also, some of the events run parallel to each other and are seen in different perspectives.
>>
>>152406234
release order is fine there's nothing you really gain from doing the autistic ordering

honestly recommend doing all of railgun first then all of index
>>
Just watch release order. Can't go wrong with that.
>>
I've heard release order lessens the impact of Railgun S
>>
>>152407129
I think it's the other way around. It makes you appreciate Railgun S a lot more.
>>
This is the full "autistic chronological" order that I was talking about btw

Railgun 1-14 -> Railgun OVA -> Index 1-6 -> Railgun 15-16 -> Index 7-9 -> Railgun 17-24 -> Railgun S 1-10 -> Index 10 -> Railgun S 11-16 -> Index 11-14 -> Railgun S 17-20 -> Index 15-17 -> Railgun S 21-24 -> Index 18 -> Index II 1 -> Index 19-24 -> Index II 2-7 -> Endymion -> Index II 08-24
>>
Watch Railgun 1 then give up.
>>
>>152407314
Railgun S is the best part of the series, by far. Only watching Railgun's lackluster first season is a sin on par with watching the Rebuilds but no the original Eva.
>>
>>152406234
Just remember that Index OPs > Railgun OPs.
>>
>>152407391
I don't really like the magic part of the franchise desu. I guess I'm just not a fan of power level inflation.

Railgun kept things relatively grounded, and I enjoyed that.
>>
>>152407460
I have a SNEAKING SUSPICION that you might be biased.
>>
>>152407529
I honestly don't even think he's read or even watched the series. He just posts something about the now retired singer in every thread.
>>
Just don't watch it.
>>
>>152406865
>I had tried watching Index first and was completely lost in the setting. Had to go back and watch both Railgun seasons to understand some things.
You're joking, right anon?
>>
Index is garbage just watch railgun instead.
>>
I cried watching the first half of Railgun S, it was so good

Then I cried again during the second half of Railgun S, it was fucking trash
>>
File: 1484605400076.png (722KB, 980x1079px) Image search: [Google]
1484605400076.png
722KB, 980x1079px
>>152408083
I'm glad I'm not the only one that teared up during Misaka 9982's scene, it makes me feel like less of a faggot.
>>
File: Toaru Anime.png (860KB, 654x1316px) Image search: [Google]
Toaru Anime.png
860KB, 654x1316px
>>152406234
Use this.
>>
>>152407249
dont... waste your time with this
>>
>>152408186
Is this suggesting episodes to be entirely skipped? I would never
>>
Railgun is garbage just watch index instead.
>>
Oh, no one has mentioned this yet but definitely read the Railgun manga. It's pretty good and if you didn't feel like reading the Index LN this might convince you to delve deeper into the series.
>>
>>152408212
Well it's just as much of a waste of time as watching 4 anime series, same amount of eps, different order
>>
>>152408228
It skips non-canon filler. And skips Index Sisters, because Railgun has a better one.
>>
>>152408260

I mean, you could. As a reader of the LN I don't see a reason why you wouldn't just do any of the suggestions here but some of them needlessly complicate things.
>>
>>152406234
Skip Shitdex and just watch Railgun in season order.
>>
Seems to be a lot of hate for Index. What's up with it?
>>
>>152409047

Faggots, mostly
>>
>>152409047
It's basically a progenitor for all the action/battle harem series now. The adaptation itself is average, but the LN is pretty entertaining especially when you hit volume 13 and go on the wild ride all the way to WW3.
People tend to dislike Touma but but he's held up way better than a vast majority of harem protagonists.
>>
>>152409047
I don't know about the LN, but the Index anime really is garbage. Don't interpret any negative opinion as "hate".

The Railgun anime on the other hand is nice aside from the filler episodes.
As for the manga versions, Railgun is pretty good, Index is in my opinion worse than the anime and Accelerator is shit but somewhat fun.
>>
>>152409509

Eh, I liked season 1 of Index. Season 2 was rushed garbage covering the worst of the LNs though.

Other than that, pretty much have the same taste as you.
>>
Watch it in release order like literally fucking everything except Yozakura Quartet instead of following dumb convoluted shit you found on reddit.
>>
>>152409047
The real answer:

There are many things that are omitted that happen in the LN - whole parts of arcs removed and internal monologue that makes some characters actions more clear. Index 2 covers the worst areas of the LN and ends before any real cliffhanger could even happen - it ends before a major plot volume. You can still enjoy the setting and characters from index though, and watching it and railgun may make you want to read the LN.

Meanwhile Railgun for the most part stuck to its source and Railgun S was pretty good until the last arc. Some arcs of the first railgun are iffy but they aren't as butchered as some of the index ones were.
>>
>>152409602
I do remember that Index S1 was better than S2, but I don't remember S1 very well so I lumped them together.
>>
File: 1482957541433.png (620KB, 600x746px) Image search: [Google]
1482957541433.png
620KB, 600x746px
>>152406234
Best off watching Index then Railgun, but remember half of Railgun is literal fanfiction by Nagai. That said the anime only covers the buildup and never reaches the best parts it led up to and S3 never.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.