[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How did you get into anime? When did it happened and which one was?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 65
Thread images: 9

File: how did you get into anime.png (122KB, 600x370px) Image search: [Google]
how did you get into anime.png
122KB, 600x370px
How did you get into anime? When did it happened and which one was?
>>
>>152395184
If you expect anything besides "when i was a kid" and "dragonball z" youre retarded
>>
>>152395184
yeah basically, also Blue Gender was one i watched as a kid.
>>
When I was 23 and watched Madoka Magica
>>
Well I have a small story.

First generation Greek American, so my parents put me in soccer. More of an athlete than a indoor guy. There was this cute asian girl in my history class. We would partner up alot and were getting to be acquaintances, however I wanted the dat ass and could see I wasnt getting anywhere. I knew she liked anime so ome day at lunch I went with her to the anime club room. Lord have mercy. Everyone there was so damn autistic. The girls were just as cringy as the guys. I was gonna drop the whole thing(including the girl) but then the qt went to go put on a schoolgirl outfit. How could I leave after?
We then watched Rosario Vampire. So that was my first taste of it. 5 years later and i havent spoken to the girl in 3
>>
>>152395184
I was 12 and Princess Tutu was a thing.
>>
German tv and original Transformers movie. Also Saber Rider and something about idols and remembering olev.
>>
My friend told me to watch Evangelion, which I did.
>>
>>152395184
Doraemon, crayon chin chan and pokemon in my youth
>>
>>152395184

It all started with Cartoon Network and Samurai Jack
>>
DBZ on toonami when I first got cable around 16
>>
>>152395184
I watched it on TV when I was a child,classic story.
Then I stopped watching anime later until my one of my friend said ''hey check this shit out.'' and showed me Death Note.
>>
>>152395184
I'm a German. Rammstein made a few music videos based on Evangelion and Noir and especially the Noir one made me go "fuck I need to watch those two lesbians with guns."
>>
Dragon Ball on Toonami. Then a few years later I discovered 4chan and it all went downhill from there.
>>
DBZ/Elfen lied free on tv as a kid
Then naruto as a teen
Then monogatari as an adult
>>
>>152395184
I was born an anime singularity. I know everything there is, was, and will be of anime. From Pokémon to DBZ.
>>
Hentai to ouji warawanai neko at the age 14 or so.
My first was technically one piece. I streamed it from a shitty website at the age of 10, but i was not really aware that it was an anime or what an anime was at the time so it doesn't count. Even earlier than that was bokusatsu tenshi dokoro-chan but I was 8 at the time and I couldn't even read the english subs.
>>
>>152395184
>1997
>tenchi muyo
>What are these feelings im feeling?
>>
A vidya magazine I used to read back in the day also published reviews of anime.

They were raving about Gunslinger Girl, so I watched it out of curiosity.
>>
>>152395184
I can't pinpoint the earliest, but of course Pokemon, Digimon, Kirby, and all of that 4kids shit

I watched Nausicaa on Cartoon Network inbetween having fever dreams which was bizarre

I remeber being pissed off at having to watch Inuyasha before Home Movies came on late elementary school, though I did appreciate Kagome

saw Mushroom Samba at one point and was very confused

got into anime as soon as I was left alone with a computer and found out it existed

also I'm so glad /a/ has finally come around on blogging, you stupid fucks
>>
>>152395184
Aside from shit like Naruto, I guess my first ones were like Death Note and the like. Hard to remember the actual first one I watched. At some point early I got into romance manga/anime because I liked the romance elements of Rosario + Vampire, and it just took off from there.
>>
>>152395184
early 90's an asian buddy lent me a bootleg vhs of akira
>>
Jungle Taitei in 1972, first broadcast of a japanese animation series on french TV.
>>
1997. Rented a few tapes. Was utterly amazed by the classics from back around then.
>>
It was a gateway anime of the worst kind, and I was 13.

That said, I watched the usual Pokemon, Dragonball, etc as a child without actually associating them with the word anime.
>>
>>152395184
The usual stuff, nothing noteworthy. I only got dragged into seasonal shitposting whenever it was that Railgun was airing.
>>
File: noir_kirika.jpg (61KB, 960x536px) Image search: [Google]
noir_kirika.jpg
61KB, 960x536px
I liked the anime X but didn't really watch anything else after that.
Then around 2003 I watched Noir on TV and that was also when I became a waifufag becaues pic related, then Hellsing on TV. Then came Berserk through a recommendation and then I decided to look for more animu on my own.
>>
>>152401832

I can't believe I forgot to mention Dragon Ball. That too.
>>
>>152395184
Other than Miyazaki on Toonami, One of my 'weird' friends showed me Hetalia, and I thought it was nifty.
The first anime I went out of my way to really watch was Ichigo Mashimaro, so I'm casually pushing at least 5 to 10 shows under the rug for style points.
>>
My sister used to watch shitty some shitty youtube playlist of ouran high school host club and I watched it with her sometimes. Got interested in anime in general then
>>
>10 year
>go to uncle house
>find some berserk mangas
>start reading
>cool, violence, blood, naked girls
>go search on internet
>8 years later here I am
>>
>>152398489
>years later
>go to friends house to play xbox
>pulls out vhs from his uncle
>fist of the north star movie
>vampire hunter D
>Appleseed
>"wow anon-kun patrician taste"
>show him my ichi the killer and mezo forte
>friends ever since
>>
>>152395184
Was in middle school when my friends made me watch Sergent Frog.
>>
>>152395184
Pokemon and sailor moon was my gateway anime.
>>
> Almost 10 years ago
> Find out 4chan
> DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU DESU
> What is this, I don't even...
> Fuck it , I'll just watch couple episodes
> I mean, what's the worst that could happen?
>>
I watched Akira when I was 10.
>>
>>152398444
>Hentai to ouji warawanai neko at the age 14 or so
I want to call you underage but that was 4 years ago so I can't anymore.
>>
File: siis häh.png (300KB, 531x767px) Image search: [Google]
siis häh.png
300KB, 531x767px
>be 6
>watch digimon
>be 19
>been browsing imageboards for couple of years so know about anime
>decide that I've too much spare time on my hands to kill with only shitposting
>pick up FMAB
>>
First show was school rumble in 2011 when I was 12-13 years old. The second show I watched was higurashi, followed by kiss x sis.
It took me like 2 years to go through those 3 shows, because I wasn't really that info anime.
Kissxsis woke something up inside me though, and ever since I saw that I started watching anime much more frequently.

I kept watching up until ~september of 2016, at which point I lost the .txt file of my backlog and completed shows. I was so devastated that I decided to just drop anime altogether.

Now I only read romantic comedy or SoL manga.
>>
File: 1466436024850.gif (114KB, 203x225px) Image search: [Google]
1466436024850.gif
114KB, 203x225px
Ignoring DBZ and Adult Swim

I blame /v/ for posting fucking K-on pics every god damn thread back in 2012 and 2013. It was the first show I actually watched (streamed on CR of course) that wasn't the aforementioned DBZ or Adult Swim shit. After that I went through the babby gauntlet, i.e. After Story, Anohana, SAO, ect. and ended up here today.

It's /v/'s fault that I'm even here today. In fact it's 4chan's fault why I've picked up certain hobbies over the years. getting into sports, anime, and autism in general is all this websites fault.
>>
Original FMA was my starter when VG Cats did a comic about it
>>
> what's so special about this anime thing?
> let's find out
> start watching eureka 7
> love it
> okay, I need more
> years of nothing but anime
>>
>>152403087
>years later
>were both greasy NEET marathoning yuyu hakashu
>anon goes "MOM PIZZA ROLLS"
>brings in the rolls like clockwork
>anon blows weed smoke in her face, she leaves
>slide anon the sweaty high five "this is the life hommie"
>hahahaaa
>>
File: CoedqdPUIAQo_Jy.jpg (48KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
CoedqdPUIAQo_Jy.jpg
48KB, 800x600px
I broke my foot one time when I was like around 13ish or so. To pass the time I watched Love Hina on Youtube because I knew the name from a Newgrounds dating sim.

If only I didn't get injured I wouldn't have gone down this dark path.
>>
>>152395184
Yeah, it legit was Elfen Lied when I was like 15. I think I just enjoyed it because muh edgy teens with gore an shit. It's a shame as well; when I rewatched it, I thought it was mediocre.
>>
Around 12-13 and saw Ergo Proxy and Bsrserk on some netherlands tv channel mym sattelite caught, didnt understand shit.
>>
>>152395184
5-6yrs old sailormoon aired on local tv at 5:30 am
>>
Now and Then, Here and There on Scyfy.
i was 16 at the time
>>
2011 and it started with K-On!. Saw a random clip of it and thought "man this is retarded", so I marathoned both season.

I don't even watch moeshit anymore
>>
File: TheCaptain.jpg (395KB, 960x384px) Image search: [Google]
TheCaptain.jpg
395KB, 960x384px
>>152395184
It was Captain Future, early 80s, the show was simply amazing, loved the characters, the story, the design, the soundtrack... I wanted a space ship like the Comet and be part of that amazing crew.

Christian Bruhn composed the soundtrack for the German Dub and it was from beyond this world.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmube3UlmoU
>>
Dragon Ball
>>
i watched a lot of anime as a kid and some tokusatsu too outside of power rangers
>>
>>152395184
Speed racer and sailor moon were the first for sure. But i didnt know what anime was. I thought they were cool cartoons.

First time toonami ran the "cartoons from the land of the rising sun" bump, i was mad. I remember thinking. Who wants to watch shows made by gooks, not realizing most vidya was made by slanties.

Outlaw star was the one i got really into. Followed by gundam and inuyasha. I still hate gooks.
>>
>>152395184
I'm a pastalander so it was really common on tv.
>>
got into anime to have a common topic with a chick i liked back then
In 9th grade
And the anime was shugo chara!, i have no regrets
>>
Autistic kid with no friends only TV Slam Dunk, Dragon Ball, Berserk, Sailor Moon, Evangelion, Detective Conan or Revolutionary Girl Utena were my first I still regret watching this instead of going outside and make friends.
>>
>>152398168
This
>>
File: nils.jpg (84KB, 940x529px) Image search: [Google]
nils.jpg
84KB, 940x529px
Pokemon, I guess, when I was a kid. Although there were plenty of other shows I didn't know were anime back in the day that I loved - like Moomin, Anne of Green Gables, 3000 Leagues in Search of Mother, The Wonderful Adventures of Nils, etc. My fucking childhood was filled with animu

The first anime I actually downloaded knowing it's Japanese shit with the original Japanese VA was Naruto back in 2003 or something. I was obsessed with it for a while.
>>
>>152395184
Spirited Away got me hooked for life.
I spent years trying to suppress it but the floodgates finally broke in high school.

Never was one of those cringey-ass weebs though, my taste has always been elite.
>>
File: 5.png (165KB, 636x348px) Image search: [Google]
5.png
165KB, 636x348px
>>152395184
I used to be into Pokemon/DBZ as a kid but I really opened up to anime when I was around 12/13 and discovered Naruto, from there I watched whatever seemed pretty popular, some of my first anime was Elfen Lied, Death Note, Wolfs Rain and Black Cat, Eve is still my waifu.
>>
File: 101953892359.jpg (43KB, 500x300px) Image search: [Google]
101953892359.jpg
43KB, 500x300px
Watched Pokemon and Ghibli movies when I was very young. When I was about 10, I remember watching the entire first season of Haruhi on YouTube. Didn't watch much until I was 13 and found out about NGE. Been watching anime 24/7 since then.
>>
>>152395184
Yu-gi-oh on saturday mornings and I watched Dragonball Z on Toonami but, I never considered Dragonball to be anime. I just considered it a different art style than the rest of the cartoons I watched. Then I got into Naruto but dropped it after the Zabuza arc. The anime that encouraged me to seek out better anime was Bobobo-bo-bobobo.
>>
My library had Maria Holic manga stocked, read through that when i was 9.
>>
>>152395184
Watched Neon Genesis Evangelion in 1995 at the age of 7, fueled 22 total years of anime. It's been hard to keep up after moving to the US.
>>
Friend introduced me to "hentai" in middle school, moved onto loli and found kodomo no jikan.
Thread posts: 65
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.