[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How is the Oedipus complex even related?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: download.jpg (8KB, 284x177px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 284x177px
How is the Oedipus complex even related?
>>
there is not
>>
Read a fucking book.
>>
>>152386558
>books for fucking retards
>>
>>152386558
I've read many
still don't understand how Oedipus complex correlates at all with the plot of evangelion.
>>
>>152387873
Maybe it was simply 2deep4u.
>>
Rei is essentially a clone of his mother.
>>
>>152387873
Rei is half Shinji's mother half mankind's mother clone.
Shinji wants to love Rei. Rei is under Gendo control. Shinji hates Gendo. Shinji would probably kill Gendo if allowed.
>>
>>152387873
Rei is a clone of Shinji's mother. Shinji has affection for Rei.
Therefore he feels romantically towards a clone of his mother and indirectly towards his mother.
That's pretty much all there is to it as far as I can tell.
>>
>>152387981
>>152386498
This seems like it's grasping for straws though, he hates his father because he ignores him and wants him to pilot the Eva and he wants to sex REI because she's his age and has a pair of tits. And besides this the part of the Oedipus complex where you want to sex your mother stops at puberty
>>
>>152386498
Why do people instantly apply this complex with wanting to knowingly bone your mother? Having the complex doesn't mean it's a sexual deal.

Hell, Oedipus slept with his mother on accident. He didn't know it was her.
>>
>>152388857
Blame Freud.
>>
>>152386498
>enters the representation of his mother (01) with the representation of himself (entry plug) repeatedly
>embraces her naked body in ep 16
>squeezes the tits of his mothers clone

There are many hints that show that shinji wants to bone his mother and kill his father
>>
>>152388906
I just assumed that it was Freud because they also do shit with the headgehogs dilemma
>>
>>152391384
There's also some Jung, Schoppy, Sartre, Nietsche, Anno wasn't limited to just one author for inspiration.
>>
>>152386498
>having a crush on the physical clone of your mother
>piloting EVA parallels going back to the mother's womb
>infatuated with his legal guardian who acts as a surrogate mother throughout the series
>track on the OST titled "mother is the first other"
How is there not an Oedipus complex? Shinji is clearly attracted to the idea of a mother, even if not his own. He even blushes when he points out Rei's motherly mannerisms.
>>
>>152391384
>>152391644
His PRIMARY influence is Freudian theory and psychoanalysis but he definitely draws from other sources as well.
>>
>>152392477
>He even blushes when he points out Rei's motherly mannerisms.
Rei blushed not him
>>
>>152387999
>Shinji has affection for Rei.
Until he finds out what she is and thus becomes terrified by her at her mere sight.
>>
>>152395044
And yet, in 2017 people still want to fuck vore/mindbreak/metamorphosis/unbirth.
>>
>>152392477
>he grew up without a mother
>seeks the affection of a mother in other women who aren't her mother
>somehow /a/utists thinks this equals to banging your mother

You can seek the affection of your kids, your bothers, aunts, even your parents etc. This doesn't mean you want to fuck them
>>
>>152386498
Is It really that central in Eva? I can see why it's related though
>>
>>152395486
>your bothers
nice slip, motherfucker
>>
File: t&p.png (55KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
t&p.png
55KB, 300x300px
You can also seek attention from your uncle.
>>
File: 1484605887945.gif (1MB, 248x189px) Image search: [Google]
1484605887945.gif
1MB, 248x189px
>>152388407
it's just a cartoon my dude.
>>
>>152388407
Have you ever read Oedipus Rex my dude
>>
is mom is eva
And Rei
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.