[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Yu-Gi-Oh GX

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_5748.png (3MB, 997x1459px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_5748.png
3MB, 997x1459px
Opinions on GX (anime and manga)?
As the first Yu-Gi-Oh spin off with a new cast, did you appreciate it when it first came out?

How do you rate it in comparison to the other spin off shows?

I'm going to be honest, I've never seen the shows after 5D's (heard they weren't that good), but I like GX a lot. 5D's is okay but the whole motorcycle angle just confuses the dueling "meat" of the show.
>>
>>152378181
>he has a problem with card games on motorcycles
anon plz, shit is pure kino.
>>
>>152378510
turd detected
>>
>>152378181
It may be a symptom of me watching as a kid, but I can't watch this show subbed. I must have some kind of mental disorder.
>>
>>152379473
I like the US intro song
>>
>>152379473
Same. And it's not even like the dub of the original Yu-Gi-Oh! which at least had a couple good voices to carry it.
>>
I only watched this shit dubbed but i fucking detested Jaden or judai whatever. Honestly I hated most of the main cast for different reasons. Except for chaz. He could get away with being a shithead.
>>
>>152379846
The entire point of his character was being a shithead, so it worked. The rest are supposed to be likable, along with self-inserting with Jaden. But they were all kinda annoying and frustrating in the end.

Still a fantastic show though
>>
>>152379688
that guitar solo
>>
GX has a special place to me, but it's full of shit. The first season is comfy episodic stuff, but it's clear that there were no storyline planned out. They wanted a sequel to sell more cards fast, and that was it. The Seven Stars are the worst antagonistic group in the franchise.

Season 2 was somehow worse than season 1 despite having a storyline this time. Season 3 is known to be balls of the wall. Season 4 was just buying time until 5D's.

The GX manga is decent with a good storyline and decent usage of characters, but due to duels taking up most of the time, the side characters aren't that much better than the anime.

And fuck you, the first 64 episodes of card games on motorcycles are the best of Yugioh.
>>
>>152379988
>And fuck you, the first 64 episodes of card games on motorcycles are the best of Yugioh.

Maybe anime wise. But it definitely doesn't beat the original manga.
>>
I love it honestly, even over everything that came after
>>
OG>GX>R>5D's>Zexal>Arc-V
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (13KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
13KB, 480x360px
>>152379780
>dub YGO
>good voice acting
>>
>>152382671
nigger Dan Green is YUGIOH for the western audience. fuck off u weeabo
>>
File: HPIM1662.jpg (37KB, 400x480px) Image search: [Google]
HPIM1662.jpg
37KB, 400x480px
>>152382696
Dan Green is a hack with a dead wife who makes Yugi sound like a retarded capeshit hero
>>
>>152383057
censorship is garbage, no excuse. but thats 4kids classic, and they suffered for it they went bankrupt.

it was the yugioh lawsuit of unpaid royalties that made them go under

dont talk shit about dan green thats my husbando
>>
>>152383116
>it was the yugioh lawsuit of unpaid royalties that made them go under
Damn I didn't know that.
>>
>>152378181
it was pretty boring for the the first two seasons, 3 was pretty good and 4 was slightly worse than 3.

manga is great but it's really short in comparison.

haven't read the manga of any other series but GX is probably mid tier above zexal and ARC-V
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.