[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why wasn't this a hit?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: hyouge mono.jpg (24KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
hyouge mono.jpg
24KB, 600x338px
Why wasn't this a hit?
>>
Obscure subject matter
>>
>>152353348
it's accessible as shit though, and it's not like you had to know the history (although you would appreciate it more)
>>
>>152353107
Waiting weeks if not months for subs killed much of the interest.
>>
>>152353606
This. It took like months to get subbed after airing.
>>
>>152353107
because it was a shit
>>
It was AoTY though.
>>
>>152353107
No subs so it passed under the radar. It's rarely brough up anymore because there's fuck all to discuss besides AESTHETICS memes and all that. Still a 10/10 anime though, recommended viewing even if only for the reaction faces.
>>
- Uninteresting log line
- Uninteresting theme and subject on the surface
- "Slow" at the beginning
- Perhaps too many episodes to sustain interest
- Poor efforts at subbing
- No hype for Bee Train studios or NHK network broadcasting

Notwithstanding, a very deceptive series. For me, it is "The Wire" of Chinese cartoons and spirit anim(e)l.
>>
It's LOGH of our generation. Give it some time, and then you'll suddenly notice it in top 10 of MAL ranking, bloggers will start praising it and we'll have daily/weekly threads for years to come after newfags on /a/ pick it up.
>>
>>152353441
Just like most people would rather watch a show about knights beating the shit out of each other over benedictine monks slaving over their books so too would most people prefer a show in this setting to be samurai beating the shit out of each other than nobs fawning over pretty trinkets.
>>
>based doremi release schedule
Man, I can still remember the feeling when you see theres a new release.
>>
File: hyougemono-7-4.png (426KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
hyougemono-7-4.png
426KB, 640x360px
>Literally Aestheticism the anime
>>
It crashed Bee Train with no survivors.
>>
>>152354462
Hyouge Mono had the best Nobunaga.
>>
>>152353606
>>152354022
This. I remembered I have to wait a FULL YEAR after Huzzah's fansubbing stopped at 16th episode or so
>>
>>152353107

It was a hit with my heart. One of the wittiest things i've ever seen come from anime.
>>
>>152354340
lol fuk no. utter delusion!
>>
>>152354757
>lol
>fuk
>!
Fuck off back to wherever you crawled out from.
>>
>>152354571

EAHAHAHAHA!~
>>
File: 1450034762912.jpg (9KB, 251x240px) Image search: [Google]
1450034762912.jpg
9KB, 251x240px
>Every scene that Date appeared in
>>
>>152354340
It's pretty common on top 10s of people who like to consider themselves "patricians".
It's well known for being a hidden gem, so to say
>>
>>152353107
Modern Japanese don't care about Japanese history. Even though they would hate to admit it, they are just like the Chinese nowadays.
>>
who imperfection and simplicity master race here?
>>
>>152353107
In Japan or on /a/? The manga did pretty well in Japan last time I checked.
>>
Also, threadly reminder that the manga is getting regular scanlations.
>>
>>152353107
Because it's literally the best anime ever created. Pearls before swine.
>>
File: thesufferingofhyougemonofans.png (167KB, 889x509px) Image search: [Google]
thesufferingofhyougemonofans.png
167KB, 889x509px
>>152354735
That was as experience all of its own.
>>
>>152354261
But The Wire was good, anon
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.