[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When was the last time an anime actually made you feel something

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: thinkering.png (139KB, 600x660px) Image search: [Google]
thinkering.png
139KB, 600x660px
When was the last time an anime actually made you feel something or presented you with something that changed the way you think?
>>
Anime I dunno, for eroge Subarashiki Hibi and Sakura no Uta.
>>
Little girl anime fills me with all kinds of emotions. Seeing the characters try really hard to fulfill their dreams inspires me, and when things go wrong sometimes it makes me cry.
>>
>>152320733
>changed the way you think?
What is that supposed to mean?
>>
>>152320896
I don't know how to make it any simpler.
>>
>>152320733
I haven't felt as empty as I did when I finished Acchi Kocchi. It happens a lot with slice of life stuff, but man did I feel bad.

>>152320896
Did an anime change your perception on anything.
>>
>>152321004
>change your perception on anything.
Maybe Bubblegum Crisis. It's where I found my first love, and where I decided that I wanted more (anime).
>>
>>152320733
A lot of slice of life/romance stuff makes me feel shitty because I want that life so badly.
But it's not exactly a compliment on the writing itself
>>
This may be a bit egdy, but NGE and SNK made me a bit more machiavellistic and realise the importance of personal freedom.
>>
>>152321264
>This may be a bit egdy

yes, it is. you're an edgelord now.
>>
File: 888man.png (868KB, 1908x1072px) Image search: [Google]
888man.png
868KB, 1908x1072px
>>152320733
Oregairu
I watched it 3 years ago, then again when season 2 came out
It made me realize how drastically I've changed in just 3 years
It was really surprising actually
>>
probably FMA for both my older brother and myself, we didn't treat each other like shit as much after watching it, at least for a good while
>>
>>152321338

Well, before I was like:
>"World isn't exactly a friendly place..."

Now I'm like:
>" Muh ,Only the strong survive and the weak perish in flames of war"
>>
Monogatari is usually successful at striking a little too close to home and making me feel like shit along with the characters. I also experience a lot of seething rage at Araragi's idiocy.
>>
>>152320733
last night
>>
>>152320733
Usagi Drop
I want to be a father even more now
>>
>>152324150
>weak parish
if they're lucky

Just finished Shin Sekai Yori and while it didn't change my way of thinking, I'm just becoming less and less a fan of humanity.
>>
>>152327360
perish*
>>
I dumped my fiance because of Punpun.
>>
>>152320733
Watched Amagami for first time last week. Made me really regret not having a HS romance.

Other than that, I often see how hardworking and studious anime characters are and it makes me wish I got into this stuff earlier. In Western content, the lovable loser is the one everybody likes. In anime, the hardest working and most dedicated wins and is the most popular. That's a lot more like life. I think having stronger characters to admire could have shaped my childhood in a better way.
>>
>>152326296
was gonna post this, im not even sure what the emotions i was feeling watching this are called
>>
>>152320733
Excel Saga.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6b69Hyo31sI
>>
File: flaming fedora tip.gif (3MB, 478x350px) Image search: [Google]
flaming fedora tip.gif
3MB, 478x350px
>>152324150
Remember, if you want to be like Nietsche, it means no sex until you die, not even with sheep.
>>
>>152327887
Why would that even matter to /a/?
>>
>>152327887
>wanting to be like nietzsche
I love that guys thoughts but why the fuck would you want to be like him?
He was wrong about quite a lot and dramatized some of the stuff he said just to get attention and be a counterpoint to other philosophers (IMO) but ultimately he was a sad dude who wasn't appreciated during his lifetime.
>>
>>152324150
>>" Muh ,Only the strong survive and the weak perish in flames of war"
That way of thinking is basic as fuck.
>>
>>152324328
>I also experience a lot of seething rage at Araragi's idiocy.
I don't know if this a common sentiment on /a/, but I'm glad I'm not the only one.
>>
>>152320733
Last time was Re:Zero and ReLife I think. Made me feel like I could finally get over my fear of depression.
>>
>>152320733
Never. I don't watch "deep" anime, feels pretentious.
>>
>>152320733
Demichan teached me to accept jews
>>
>>152320733
>made you feel something
Most do, it's one of the big reasons I keep watching them.
>presented you with something that changed the way you think
Literally not a single anime I have ever watched.
>>
Excel Saga got me into existential phenomenology
>>
>>152320733
nhk made me realize I just have to hold out until misaki finally comes
>>
>>152329351
For you maybe. Like anon said, I don't want to go all edgy here, but a lot of people get to go through their whole lives dismissing every problem with thoughts like "if only we were all nicer to each other all of the world's problems would go away" or "the bad things that happen to me are all a necessary part of the bigger scheme of things, I just have to resign to my fate".
>>
>>152333548
. . .
>>
>>152327887
jesus that looks like the fatter white version of me
>>
>>152321093
It makes me dream of becoming a beautiful person.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.