[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Isekai has stopped trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 596
Thread images: 108

File: Death March.jpg (726KB, 1800x1350px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Death March.jpg
726KB, 1800x1350px
>Satou. A programmer who is around thirty years old. He took a nap in the middle of a death march at work, but when he woke up, he found himself in a different universe...
So he wasn't murdered and granted a second chance by God, he wasn't summoned to be the chosen one, he literally just falls asleep and wakes up somewhere new with no rhyme or reason to it.
>>
It's better than Arifureta or The Desolate Era though.
>>
Are you complaining about the part where they didn't use your favorite cliches?
>>
>Naming the catgirl Tama
>Naming the doggirl Pochie

He didn't even try to think up names for them.
>>
This shit is the new harem, it's just mass production with different names and hair colors.
>>
>In the end, they wanted me to give them names that would be easy to say, so I decided to call them Pochi, Tama, and Liza. I half expected them to get mad at being given such pet-like names, but I was pretty confident that if I gave them normal ones, I’d immediately get them mixed up. I figured this would at least work until we got out of the labyrinth.
>Liza didn’t actually come from lizard but from the first two syllables of her mostly unpronounceable real name. And Pochi and Tama are popular names in Japan for dogs and cats, respectively.
>>
Nanodesu = sir.
>>
Why is the art in this LN so hideous?
>>
>>152314547
>Stopped
That would imply that even tried
>>
>>152314596
>It's better than Arifureta or The Desolate Era though.
>better than DE
you shut your whore mouth
>>
>“Liza, starting with the next enemy, I’ll have Pochi and Tama take turns retrieving the cores, so please teach them how to do it.”
>“Yes, understood.”
>“Okay, sir!”
>“’kay!”
>They all seem pretty motivated, so that’s good, at least.
>Also, something else had been bothering me. “Oh, and Pochi…”
>“Yes, sir?”
>“You don’t need to go out of your way to add ‘sir’ to everything, you know.”
>“But if I forget it, I’ll be punished, sir.”
>“I see…” I had thought she was just being polite, but she was doing it because she felt she had to? I’m just their temporary master, so I don’t need to correct her. “Well, I won’t get angry if you don’t use it, so do whatever you’d like.”
>“Okay…sir.”
>>
>>152314547
>>152314730
Could they have at least tried to make him pass for a 20 year old, forget 30?
>>
>>152314547
>So he wasn't murdered and granted a second chance by God, he wasn't summoned to be the chosen one, he literally just falls asleep and wakes up somewhere new with no rhyme or reason to it.

Out of the mountain of shit you could have picked from just that image alone, that's probably the worst complaint you could make about this.

Why is it that people who complain about "rhyme or reason" always turn out to be the biggest idiots?
>>
>>152314800
>This is what I looked like as a first-year in high school…
>>
Why did this garbage get an anime?
>>
>>152314947
Because it's extremely popular in Japan.
>>
Every fucking LN it's the same shit


There are only one or two decent.
>>
So apparently YP's translator for this is some Jenny McKeon.

https://www.translatorscafe.com/cafe/member279634.htm

>EDUCATION:
>Linguistics and Japanese joint major, May 2013
>Commonwealth Honors College, University of Massachusetts, Amherst
>Cumulative GPA: 3.40
>Dean’s List: Fall 2009, Fall 2010

>WORK EXPERIENCE:
>Translator, freelance, June 2013 to present
>Kadokawa/Vertical, My Ordinary Life series (1-6 thus far, 10 total)
>Seven Seas, Galko-chan 1-2, Miss Kobayashi’s Dragon Maid 1-3

>Specialties include creative translation, manga (especially comedy and slice of life), and video game dialogue.

>Translator, Abrah.jp, August 2015 to April 2016
>Weekly Japanese to English translation of anime and pop culture articles; smartphone dating sim dialogue translation.

At least they're not some rando picked off the street I guess?
>>
Why not just do a straight fantasy show then? What good does the isekai angle do when you don't do anything with it.
>>
>>152314788
>Sir
>>
>>152315171
Because apparently you're not allowed to have cheat powers unless you came from another world.

Or rather, having come from another world automatically means you have cheat powers.

Put another way, you need someone from our world to be able to comment on how "man, this world is kinda like a MMORPG isn't it?" because otherwise it's the elephant in the room.
>>
>>152315171
It lets you put a popular genre/content tag on your work so more people find/try it out.
>>
>>152314547
Who cares, vast majority of recent isekai just uses some shitty excuse to make MC a Japanese loser and proceeds with a normal fantasy story without addressing the "other world" issue ever again.

It's nothing but a cheap, overused trick to have a better self-insert, shamelessly stuff exposition into infodumps and let MC use irl memes and references. Same with the game world - it just allows to omit worldbuilding and creating own magic/power system.
>>
>>152315221

Yeah, a lot of isekai is blatant wish fullfillment for a teenage/young adult male demographic. Nothing wrong with that, but you gotta somehow justify how the MC just shits on everyone else.
>>
>>152314547
>in yet another fantasy novel
The influx of this crap would not be a problem if they at least changed the setting.
>>
>Thread where people complain about plotshit that isn't immediately given to them.

I dropped this ln because I got tired in general of >lol game mechanics but the whole mystery around why the fuck he's there in the first place was pretty interesting. Also WHO WAS WAIFU?
Though honestly I don't know how this would work as a 12 episode anime at all. So I'm expecting glorified ad like usual.
>>
New anime fans are brought up on this tripe.
>>
>tama isn't a shota

Fuck's sake.
And the new slaves are women too. Hell, I'm not sure he even has close acquaintances who aren't women. Wish fulfillment this transparent is just awkward.
>>
>>152314769
And here we have an I Eat Tomato fanboy.
>>
>>152315699
>Wish fulfillment this transparent is just awkward
This particular novel goes beyond transparent. It doesn't even try to pretend that it's anything but wish fulfillment. The MC just goes on a trip to eat food and see new places and collects a huge harem along the way.

Lately it's been trying to have a plot, but it's kinda terrible.
>>
Would be a nice change if they would have a female MC for once.

And gave it a yuri end.
>>
>>152315990
I just wish Satou to appear already and kill Zaikuon already. Arisa having her spotlight in recent chapter by nuking Zaikuon was pretty good but we know that only Satou can be the main spotlight in killing god that even Arisa and Pochi character development feels like pointless fillers.
>>
>>152315990
yeah, basically it's turned towards the "everything is going to shit, so escalate the story" mode. It went from travels with problems and some issues here and there, straight to "gotta save the world because everything is terrible and everyone is gonna die".
>>
>>152315699
The thing that makes Tama my favorite character of them all, is that it feels like she completely sees through all the bullshit from the start.

Everyone else is all "oh no, our poor master!" when he hides his strength or does something dangerous, but she's always 100% sure he's perfectly fine.
>>
NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU NANO DESU
>>
>>152314847
So instead of high school MCs we're now getting series with 30 year olds who turn into high schoolers again because otaku need to selfinsert?
>>
File: 1468231706624.png (500KB, 683x767px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1468231706624.png
500KB, 683x767px
>>152315124
>Linguistics and Japanese joint major
>>
Tama and Pochi best daughterus.
>>
>>152314547
>programmer who is around thirty years old
Stopped reading right there. There are no programmers >30
>>
>>152316339
There will be, by 2020.
>>
>>152316442
>>152316339
What's the difference between a programmer and a code monkey?
>>
>>152316509
pay grade
>>
>>152314547
Can we have an Isekai premise where a handsome teenager in a fantasy world dies and is reborn in the real world as a 30-year old neckbeard?
>>
>>152315427
I wish they'd address it for once. I don't think this idea itself is bad but I wish the MC would gain power through effort and intelligence and compare it with the real world that isn't nearly as fair as a game-like world in which every action gets a reward, even if it's just a bunch of EXP.
I'd generally love to see the contrast between the new and the old/real world and see how the character feels, what he's missing (he basically lost an entire world, his home and everyone, even people who hate RL have things they cling to), what he hated and which RL like problems are still there in the fantasy world.
But this is never relevant, they usually don't even mention RL ever again after the rebirth, unless it is some anime or meme shit.
>>
When the fuck are we going to get some Isekai that's ACTUAL Isekai, and not this fucking video game bullshit?
>>
>>152315528
Same reason I dropped it, but I was more getting tired of the whole thing to be honest since nothing really stood out in that WN, nothing. The whole thing just seemed like a peak of mediocrity. I guess people would like it for the sol or whatever but I just couldn't stomach it. And yes maybe it did get interesting later on but I probably wouldn't make it till then.

The adventure? I wasn't feeling it, As much as I hate Mushoku for its MC now that actually felt like an adventure. Vermillion also gives me that same vibe

The whole thing with the nobles, king and 'politics'? It was boring Hachinan is just as boring(If not more)but at least it excells in that aspect

You'd think he gets to bang the girls at least right? But whats that? He goes to a literal prostitute instead? For fucks sake.

I've been recently reading Black Maria and now that is an interesting take on the whole transportation thing. Same for the Lazy King and that immortal alchemist dude.
>>
>>152316606
Isekai authors are loser nerds whose limited worldviews are shaped solely through video games, so never.
>>
>>152316937
It's so sad when you can read how warped a view of romance and interpersonal relationships some of these authors have.
>>
>>152316606
It's out there, you're not looking hard enough.
>>
>>152316669
Yeah I couldn't last through all the sol stuff for the rare interesting bits. I like Lazy King a lot and I guess I'll try Black Maria since you mentioned it. I've started mtling through Vermillion because at the rate it's being translated it'll probably be years before it gets anywhere interesting plotwise.
>>
>>152316541
>Be a powerful demon.
>The "heroes" of your world banish you.
>You are born as a human and suffer on earth, unable to remember your true self.
>When you die you return to your world and true self and try to avenge yourself, only to discover that everyone is dead.
>Now, a solemn demon, you must discover what caused the desolation but at least you are happy because you don't have to be human ever again.
>>
>>152316606
Grimgar was a pretty good deconstruction of the way things are.
>>
>>152316606
You got Youjo Senki, Re:Zero, Endride as far as no video game BS is concerned and you're also getting knights and magic and some food isekai. But you guys don't even read narou WNs so why are you even complaining?
>>
>>152314547

He's probably still asleep, just has a really vivid dream.
>>
Kind of funny, lately I realized almost all "isekai" I'm still reading because it's okay and not because of how bad it is is actually not isekai, just plain fantasy with some shared elements from the modern isekai genre.
>>
>>152314547
Relax OP, the MC's schizophrenia finally started to kick in at his sleep.

The next thing you know is him sleeping again only to wake up in a prison cell for stealings someone's gun and pointing it on a bunch of grandmas he thought were cute anime girls like pic related.
>>
>>152317353
>Re:Zero
>go back in time by dying
>not fucking video game bullshit
>>
>sees a bunch of slaves
>decides to be a benevolent master instead of just releasing them and trying to find their families

Always annoys me and there isn't even any resentment on the slave's side because their former masters always abused them. I don't know about you but that screams Stockholm to me.
>>
>Not fucking the thirsty old cake inside the loli body

MC is a fucking faggot.
>>
File: werebast.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
werebast.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>152315474
>The influx of this crap would not be a problem if they at least changed the setting.

They need animal eared girls. There are really only a few common sources for those:

>Alternate fantasy world (beastmen or were-folk are one of the core races alongside elves and dwarves)
>"Trapped in MMORPG" (beastmen race again)
>aliens (cat planet)
>Yokai series (foxgirl or nekomata)

They are not giving up their catgirls or fluffy tails. That means the above genres will be repeated forever. Of those the alternate world is the best selling in the long run.
>>
>>152317496
Let's be fair, that was actually explained. The first slaves don't want to be released, they'd likely be recaptured and sold because they're beastmen.

The new ones are cursed to be slaves.
>>
>>152317049
Yeah shame about the slow Vermillion updates. The raw itself also seems like its not getting updated much.

As for Black Maria the synopsis is pretty aggravating but I found the contents interesting so far since you dont get an actual story about an assasin MC(In a non edgy manner) with your usual WNs.
>>
>>152317490
He goes to parallel worlds not the past
>>
>>152317565

Slaves often have no families to go back to.

Slavers sack their village, or they are refuges with no home and are captured.
>>
>>152317565
Doesn't really work as far as handwaving goes, MC is a super powered entity that can one shot everything. Travel with the beastmen to places they are familiar with and try to find any of their extended or surviving family to take them in instead of making them sleep in a barn.
>>
>>152317490
>go back in time by dying
>not fucking video game bullshit
Thats like saying the Edge of Tomorrow is a video game bullshit and Toyota doesn't go back in time anyway.
>>
>>152317649
It's not known that they have families at all, and they're still going to be safer with the MC that on their own.

Besides the MC is so super duper nice guy that they oooobviously don't want to leave.
>>
>>152316541
Well there's that anime about the Demon Lord who gets transported to the earth and becomes an employee at McDonalds
>>
>>152317967
It should have ended after episode 5.
>>
>death march at work

man, programming must be much more exciting than I thought
>>
>>152314547
Isekai has always been a load of bull

You'd either abuse your power, gain unwanted attention and die in battle or live your life in hiding
Or
Hide your power level, attempt to make a harem but your autism puts off anyone in a 5 mile radius, find a team who takes pity on you and then try to use all your power at the end of the day to save some girl, make a big miscalculation and get all of the party killed, giving you ptsd and staying a shut-in the rest of your life
>>
>>152314547
It's weird how you choose this one when it's probably the best one there is.
>>
>>152314596
well atleast Arifureta's main character isn't a faggot
>>
Not reading the best isekai - Release That Witch
>>
>>152318316
He had a future in the animated entertainment industry until he got isekai'd.
>>
>>152314547
OP, why do you bash on Death March, that's not how you're supposed to do it. It's one of the bests.
>>
>>152314547
>we get constant garbage like this while the actual good stuff is few and far between

Why can't japan into creativity?
>>
>>152318414
same cliché crap like the most of them
>>
>>152318235
Isekai can roll in any way, but those options are the reasonable actions to take.
>>
>>152318316
Dude the Arifureta's MC is like a reincarnation of all the chunishit in this world.
I also find his 'pshh nothing personeelll kid' lines and aspulls amusing. Shame its written AND translated or rather mtled so terribly.
>>
>>152315214
Danmachi pulled off an RPG world with stats just fine without an isekai'd protagonist.
>>
>>152318384
Is it good? I know it's Chinese
>>
>>152316044
The closest you'll get is genderbender isekai.

Female MC usually want to do the same thing their male counterparts do and collect harems of pretty boys.
>>
>>152316044
Go read Reika-sama. Reika sama is simply sugoi.
>>
>>152318474
Death March ain't though, it's like you don't even read it.
>>
>>152318506
It's in the genes. His parents are hardcore otakus with jobs in the industry.
>>
>>152318235
>You'd either abuse your power, gain unwanted attention and die in battle or live your life in hiding
Except a lot of isekai protagonists have cheat powers bullshit enough to take on the entire world.
>>
>>152317490
Congratulations you found the one almost game-like part of Re:Zero.
>>
>>152318583
It is great, climbing in popularity at insane pace too.

Superior version of A Kingdom Reform Chronicles if you read that.
>>
>>152318637
unfortunately it is.
>>
File: Chuni_overdose.jpg (45KB, 509x359px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Chuni_overdose.jpg
45KB, 509x359px
>>152318661
>His parents are hardcore otakus with jobs in the industry.
Oh right, there was that too. Explains a lot!
>>
>>152318694
Anon was talking about Arifureta
>>
>>152318775
Why is every edgelord MC pulling the Kaneki look nowadays.
>>
>>152314547
They've stopped trying because they're not coping what all the other isekai novels do?

And why are you calling it shit when you don't even know if he was summoned, the rules for summoning aren't the same through every single work of fiction you know.
>>
>>152318775
One of his classmates literally blackmailed him into protecting one of his other classmates who wanted his D or else she'd reveal all of the chuunishit he's done in the past.
>>
>>152318583
The story is actually pretty decent.
Western names are a plus too, fuck chink names, that shit's ugly and hard to remember.
>>
>>152318810
That's not true, how do I know? You can't prove it.
>>
>>152318384
Pretty good isekai list:
Common Sense of a Duke’s Daughter
A Kingdom's Reform Chronicles
Release that Witch
Dungeon Defense
The New Gate
>>
>>152318810
Because he appeals to the chunni con-weeb crowd
>>
>>152318775
>それじゃ, あやるか
Sweet lord you couldn't get more cheesy.
>>
File: 1468556120638.jpg (71KB, 503x253px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1468556120638.jpg
71KB, 503x253px
>>152318877
>Common Sense of a Duke’s Daughter
>Shoujo
>"I was reincarnated as the daughter of a Duke"
I don't know man, this sounds pretty gay
>>
>>152318896
>con-weeb
Narou writers are about as far as you can get from con-weebs.
>>
>>152318952
>tfw read that in Matsuoka's voice
Anime adaption confirmed for Arifureta
>>
>>152319020
She was a woman to begin with you dunce.

If you want something actually gay go read one of the multiple shitty isekai where the protagonist (male) ends up getting reincarnated as an albino vampire loli and ends up lusting for the cock.
>>
>>152319020
Shoujo stuff ends at 1st or 2nd chapter, kingdom building and capitalism ho! afterwards.
>>
>>152314547
>programmer stuck in the game
>not showing him using the dev console
Total missed opportunity
>>
>>152319020
It's like the economics portion of Maou Maoyuu Yuusha played straight (albeit more or less just as simple).
And it's actually very straight; the MC is a reincarnated woman being reincarnated as a woman.
Her maid would probably go down on her and lick until she got to the center of the Duchess' tootsie pop though, but that is neither here nor there.
>>
>>152319033
Doesn't mean there can't be a common interest between the crowds.
>>
>>152319128
The duchess center already got taken by Alfred.
>>
>>152319051
I doubt Matsuoka would be the best choice for him actually, but the guy is so talented he'd pull it off without a hitch.
>>
>>152317490
>Groundhog Day
>go back in time by dying
>not fucking video game bullshit
>>
>>152314547
Watching all these people-get-stuck-inside-a-place-with-rpg-game-mechanics has gotten me wondering.

Why hasn't someone try to speedrun these settings yet? Just drop a speedrunner an Isekai world and watch it all go to shit. All the MCs are broken as fuck already, why not just make it both broken AND faster at the same time?

>MC-kun we're trapped inside the dungeon by the demon king
>lol no just watch me
>give me that bucket bitch
>jumps on it several times and clips through the door
>see ya later bitches
>>
>>152319514
That'd make an interesting short story
>>
>>152319514
Reminds me of one about MC got dropped in a MMO he played and he knew every bugs it has and exploited it till the end.
>>
>>152319514
The MC is always speed running the world, that's what being OP means otherwise they would be taking hundreds of years to get anywhere. They're already heads above others because of a cheat.
>>
>>152319514
Would watch it.
Also

>He misses and now he has to live in the out-of-bounds realm until someting kill him.
>>
File: XIZnGMm.png (49KB, 795x489px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
XIZnGMm.png
49KB, 795x489px
>>152318775
is that the guy with the revolver, with the most powerful blackpowder, that is also a railgun?
>>
File: 1355149891859.jpg (29KB, 330x341px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1355149891859.jpg
29KB, 330x341px
>>152319514
>MC about to fight boss character
>boss begins to gives big bad monologue
>boost off a slope into the fight arena
>close enough to the boss
>slaps him across the face
>I GOT THE CUTSCENE SKIP
>>
>>152319514
literally .hack
>escalate admin status, room/server jumping, precise grinding with illegal exp multiplier, using or fighting against enemies who use weapons that can literally destroy code and make items, players and NPCs corrupt and broken.

Just watch one of those anime spin-offs.
>>
>>152319514
>Got dropped in DS3's world
>Speedrun with ghost walk mode
>Succeed in 1st try
>Remember there is no restart option

The end.
>>
>>152319688
>this one-handed revolver fires rounds at several times the speed of sound
>recoil? What's that?
>>
>>152314603
Tamas make the best pets.
>>
>>152319633
>doing zelda64 like teleporting
>missjudges the timing and teleports into a shitty situation
>>
>>152319747
>recoil? What's that?
He also only got one arm, so even without the railgun part, he is firing something akin to a .50 cal onehanded
>>
>>152319514
>MC-kun somehow gets himself stuck into the ground and builds up speed for 12 hours straight to teleport into another Isekai world
>all to avoid jumping
>>
File: f9013.png (217KB, 342x341px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
f9013.png
217KB, 342x341px
>>152319514
>MC gets to checkpoint
>oh boy time for some plot
>presented with slaved beastgirls
>I hate this unskippable cutscene
>player choice: free them or ignore them
>MC grins and unsheathes knife
>KILL THE ANIMALS
>saves 10 seconds
>>
>>152319514
I like that Jump.
>>
>>152319514
>MC strafe-hops to travel instead of walking
>To travel long distances, he hops into a rock and catapults himself
>>
>>152314603
Don't forget the the Lizard girl is Liza
>>
>>152319514
>Boss fight
>You have to get through the bosses guards to harm them.
>MC takes out bow and just snipes Boss to death.

>Guards are still there post-boss fight and are depressed as fuck.
>>
>>152319514
Why the fuck aren't we finding this?
>>
File: smug_rin.png (406KB, 528x546px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
smug_rin.png
406KB, 528x546px
>>152319693
>Big Bad gives a speech
>MC turns to the screen and speaks
>we have time for some donations
>narrator starts talking over the monologue
>"We have a $50 donation from isucklargecocks"
>"My mother passed away from prostate cancer 3 years ago and I'm donating so no son should ever suffer the same loss. Let's beat cancer and kill the animals."
>"Just letting you know, we have met the donation goal for the beach episode glitch exhibition!"
>clapping
Isekai Any% for ADGQ 20XX
>>
>>152314547
re:zero:
>guy walks on the street
>???
>hes in another world, no summoning ritual, no nothing, hes just there
>>
>>152319107
>She was a woman to begin with you dunce.
Dropped.
>>
>>152315055
name one
>>
>>152320254
What are you talking. Subaru is summoned into Re:Zero world you just don't see the ritual because the person who did it is sealed away + spoilers. So he just blinks n' when he opens his eyes hes there.

Doesn't help the fact they mention the waterfall where people from our world go to get into theirs.
>>
>>152319514
Holy fuck the comedy potential of this is great

>boss fight
>dodging attacks and shielding AOE
>waifus are complaining all the time, yelling at MC to be careful
>Boss does 3 AOE attacks in a row, hits MC
>waifus scream and run to MC's side
>MC sits right up
>THAT WAS BULLSHIT RNG
>throws a controller and it hits boss in the face
>resets run straight to episode 1
>next episode is 24 minutes of straight ranting while repeating the run
>>
>>152316549
>get isekai'd
>still can't talk to girls
>girls don't want to talk to you
>you are still a dick magnet
>none of those dicks are gay
>being a trap is still looked down upon
>both the demon king and the regular king despise lolicons and think little girls must remain pure and cute

Publication never
>>
>>152316339
>There are no programmers >30
? Of course there are, what are you on about.
>>
File: top sun.jpg (57KB, 500x540px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
top sun.jpg
57KB, 500x540px
>>152319514
That would be comedy anime of the decade and thing like that are not allowed
>>
>>152314547
>what is quantum tunneling
>>
>>152316339
>There are no programmers >30
But I'm ITT literally RIGHT NOW
>>
>>152320827
Fucking ghostposters.
>>
>>152319107
>ends up getting reincarnated as an albino vampire loli and ends up lusting for the cock.
So, any names?
>>
>>152314547
Any reason counts at the end, see Long Live Summons, guy just got kicked into the dimension by some random monk he just met
>>
File: George_Costanza.jpg (15KB, 390x382px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
George_Costanza.jpg
15KB, 390x382px
>>152320827
>over the age of 30
>posting on 4chan
i hope i don't end up like you
>>
File: shiggy.png (205KB, 512x511px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
shiggy.png
205KB, 512x511px
>>152321262
>>
>>152321262
Not him but where else should people move to? Fecesbook?
>>
File: LWA_1483490041382.png (11KB, 259x224px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
LWA_1483490041382.png
11KB, 259x224px
>>152321262
He thinks he can leave, how cute.
>>
File: 1364807825303.gif (220KB, 250x250px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1364807825303.gif
220KB, 250x250px
>>152321262
>i hope i don't end up like you
>posting on 4chan
You're fucked.
>>
File: 1484312682696.png (1MB, 1532x998px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1484312682696.png
1MB, 1532x998px
Why isn't there a bunch of history like isekais that aren't WWI or WWII?

>MC is your typical loser who gets Isekai'd in fantasy Arabia near fantasy Europe.
>Gets caught and sold into slavery, ass raped, and suffers.
>MC works as a slave for 7 years building muscle and becoming their Master's number 1 slave.
>During a raid on a neighboring tribe MC is given the right to track down the chief's tribe daughter and bring her to his master.
>MC finds the chief's daughter, but instead of taking her to his master he escapes with her, having a change of heart.
>MC begins a new life working for the chief's daughter uncle in another tribe after that, and to combat his former Master who is threatening his new home he goes out and gathers a bunch of allies.
>This gathering of allies eventually leads to the creation of fantasy Ottomon Empire as MC becomes fantasy Osman I, and fucks with the fantasy byzantine empire and begins to expand his land.
>>
Death March is shit but it's a guilty pleasure of mine, I'm kind of hooked in a few of the mysteries, like the goddess.
Some actually good Isekai is stuff like Dungeon Defense and Youjo Senki, though both of these can be wordy and pretentious at times.
>>152319514
>>152320133
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/kono-sekai-ga-game-da-to-ore-dake-ga-shitte-iru/
Closest I've seen, dude gets transported to a shitty VR game he likes a lot and he exploits the bugs, I dropped it pretty fast though.
>>
>>152321475
>man goes back in time and accidentally becomes Jesus
>>
>>152317632
That isn't confirmed. Echidna just told him it was a possibility.
>>
File: 190-191.jpg (1MB, 1475x2141px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
190-191.jpg
1MB, 1475x2141px
>>152319514
>>
>>152321669
The hero we didn't deserve. Desu.
>>
>>152314547

Somebody pointed out that there's always a point where the citizens of the new world are amazed by Japanese food. It's fucking true and it bothers me every time I see it now.


I've also notice that these Japanese writers seem to also be really weird about slaves.
>>
File: 1374187679095.jpg (138KB, 532x480px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1374187679095.jpg
138KB, 532x480px
>>152319514
>OVA
>MC soft locks the game
>Has to find a way to pass the time while stuck in the room
>It's just him and his girls
There is only one way
>>
>>152321924
Technically from a real world context, Japanese food is radically different in its own ways, albeit it's not drop dead delicious the way it seems for isekai (Nobu I would excuse, mainly because they're giving medieval people with a very restricted diet bar food and bar snacks, which is obviously delicious because it's junk food).
>>
>>152314547

I drop the fuck out of this series when the MC revealed what a faggot he was by saying he wouldn't bang a hot milf because she was 10 pounds too heavy.
>>
File: 1263965061506.jpg (46KB, 335x352px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1263965061506.jpg
46KB, 335x352px
I'm reading this and am really enjoying the sol aspects cause it's basically a dad taking care of unrealistically nice kids. But even though I enjoy i'll admit it's pretty shitty.
>>
>>152321936
>>It's just him and his girls
>There is only one way
>it's card games and shenanigans induced by boredom
>one ecchi situation at the end of the episode to cap it off
You know goddamn well that's what would happen.
>>
>>152321475

I would settle for some type of professional going back in time and using his advance knowledge to just make his own country.
>>
>>152320188
This + banning twitch chat is basically AGDQ
>>
>>152321475
>Turn that idea into an anime.
>/a/ & /tg/ just shits posts Deus Vult, brown girls, lore, Byzantine Empire is best Empire in the threads.
>Only /his/ and /k/ fags would care about the battles and the politics.
>Mc getting raped by a guy in the 1st episode would be talked non-stop.
>>
Anybody got any good Isekai that isn't the author blatantly jacking off for X pages? All I want is no fucking cheat skills (I seriously never want to see that shitty writing excuse ever again). I just want a protagonist that simply works for what he gets.


I've been skimming light novels since I watched re-zero and they are the equivalent of someone playing a game with all the cheats on. nothing means anything because the hero never has to lose anything or really have to try to solve problems. Hell, you could probably have a better story if the overpowered MC treated the world like GTA and just tried to fuck every thing up as much as he could.
>>
>>152322082
>MC takes game seriously
>uses pause menu to frame-by-frame analyze slapjack
>keeps winning games in record time
>girls get tired of his bullshit and decide to play an educated game of family feud

This happens:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5tyMXXDPX4
>>
>>152322680
Technically Youjo Senki fits the bill, but it's a lot of walking for a small glass of water. Endless amounts of prose to get to a singular point, i.e. leadership is dumb, common folk get shit jobs due to bad decisions, Tanya is an egoist assburger in her own element.
>>
File: 1453970198776.jpg (77KB, 371x500px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1453970198776.jpg
77KB, 371x500px
>>152319594
you have got god taste anon
>>
File: test7.gif (700KB, 600x337px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
test7.gif
700KB, 600x337px
>>152322751
I lost it
>>
>>152322751
>Occupation that starts with B
>Breast mole checker
>Broker! Correct!
Holy fuck my sides
>>
>>152315806
DE is pretty decent though compared to Arifureta and DM. It shouldn't really count as an isekai since its not really relevant past the first volume
>>
>>152319356
Its pretty good, but didn't the author stop writing or something? I read it maybe a year or two ago and it was at ~40 chapters
>>
>>152318877
>Dungeon Defense
>The New Gate
Its just as much Gary Stu bullshit as DM, exception being DD where its edgy bullshit added in
>>
>>152324292
It is ok! As long as mc is not cliché faggot like in DM it is ok!
>>
>>152314831

and we find out there is a reason because he ends up knowing some other people related to the game

there is definitely something there

also multiverse
>>
>>152324385
New Gate MC is exactly the same personality wise too, at least the DM dude bangs prostitutes iirc
>>
>>152314547
that one is cheap wish fullfillment, not to be taken seriously
>>
>>152315990

I must fuck 100 women so I can fuck the woman I want

epic plot
>>
>>152318877

Where do you read A kingdom's reform chronicles? the translators appear to have put it behind a paygate at some other site.
>>
File: 1471327658040.jpg (31KB, 639x424px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1471327658040.jpg
31KB, 639x424px
Subjectively good LN/Xianxia with

>Long live summons
>SOTR
>ISSTH
>DE
>Shen Yin Wang Zuo
>Seiun wo Kakeru
>DE
>Ancient godly monarch
>Ancient strengthening technique
Last two can get dull but both have pretty good interaction with MC and his bros along with LLS.

But probably the best of all of them that i've read was TTNH. Good MC, pretty fucking hilarious interaction between the 2nd young masters that he befriends later on and it even goes in-depth with plotting against a great nemesis of the MCs instead of straight up fighting all the time
>>
>>152315171
So it sells.

Isekai is the hot "new" thing and so people will use it to be noticed.
>>
>>152324964
>Xianxia
>Wuxia
>other xia crap
>good
>>
>>152316606
There was Grimgar but it was so fucking boring. Cute archer girl though.
>>
>>152325238
>There was Grimgar but it was so fucking boring.
ADHD detected
>>
File: 1392199578236.gif (3MB, 353x209px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1392199578236.gif
3MB, 353x209px
>>152325234
>Japanese Isekai
>LNs in general
>good
Where are you going with this?
>>
>>152325288
Mary gets raped, its fucking NTR shit
>>
>>152325238
>action vs immersion
>>
>>152325461
Anime was pretty comfy, LN just makes me uneasy and wondering when the next one is going to bite the dust. Author should've stuck with a theme like pic related with outdoor hiking and exploring with occasional combat
>>
>>152319594
Sauce?
>>
File: 1481951676794.gif (680KB, 100x100px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1481951676794.gif
680KB, 100x100px
>>152325553
>bite the dust
DAI SAN NO BAKUDAN
>>
>>152319594
You're forgetting the fact that MMO was actually a single player game.

>>152323048
I need new chapters.
>>
I see you're still butthurt huh
>>
>>152325655
*shield bangs*
>>
>>152325799
you did not quote anyone
>>
File: 32-33.jpg (734KB, 1426x1024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
32-33.jpg
734KB, 1426x1024px
>>152316044
Does fusing with another girl count as yuri?
>>
File: 1417403241108.png (890KB, 500x742px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1417403241108.png
890KB, 500x742px
>>152325655
Didn't Araki write an Isekai with Kira as the MC?
>>
I love Isekai so much and I want to write an Isekai so much, but I don't know how to avoid falling into the same problems that everyone hates about them.

So how exactly, would one write a good Isekai story?

I mean, no overpowered MC, preferably a lack of RPG mechanics, MC doesn't amass a harem, but what else would you consider as "things to be avoided at all costs" when making an Isekai?
>>
>>152325395
>raped
I demand explanation
>>
>>152325731
Sauce on this >>152319594
>>
>>152326032
He ends up in an afterlife of sorts i think., haven't read it.
>>
>>152326033
Focus on interesting friends of the MC, an obligatory shameless fatty is a must. Bantz between friends/adventurers is also great, i don't know why authors don't focus on it more.
>>
>>152326047
Gets drunk cause they lost a party member cause of her and gets raped in an alley by an adventurer
>>
>>152325923
[MENACING]
>>
>>152326033
Read Story Engineering by Larry Brooks or some starter guide at the very least.
LN writers just chronically suffer from pacing issues and general story structure/composition deficits.
>>
>>152314547
I just don't understand the point of isekai. There's literally no reason any of these mc's have to be real life failures. Just make the story about a fantasy dude that had time reset for him or whatever.

Who the hell wants to self insert as a disgusting neet? You self insert as the badass fantasy dude.

Just cut the middleman bullshit already. Can the author's literally not think of a better way to start a story than "I was just an average failure of a human being when suddenly I was brought into a world where I'm a badass who fucks all the bitches"?
>>
>>152326033
You gotta have at least one best friend (male) that'll provide friendly banter.

>>152326210
This is a lie, a literal white knight rescues her then confesses to her. Then they waste time making the MC feel inferior to this guy while we already know she declined.
>>
>>152326033
Give a reason for the MC to get isekai´d if you want to take the plot seriously
if not, just add a stupid factor to the story that changes everything, like that vending machine isekai
I am still waiting for a MC get turned into a car isekai
>>
>>152326305
>This is a lie
It literally says something pierces her, she gets penetrated
>>
>>152326304
>Just make the story about a fantasy dude that had time reset for him or whatever.
a few days ago someone posted about a ln's manga adaptation that was basically this.

There's also "the mage will master magic efficiently in his second life" but that has stat stuff via magic.
>>
>>152326033
Write A good fantasy story. Change the beginning to include some bullshit about how your worthless MC is from the "real" world.
>>
>>152326304
The typical target for these garbage stories are teenagers and otaku, dumbass. Go read a fucking actual book. You're literally eating trash and then whining about the flavor.

To the Elevens, being a badass fantasy dude is equivalent to chuunibyou syndrome, so they avoid it.
>>
>>152326304

Most isekai MCs are unstoppable forces though. Badassery is completely subjective. Many people think Kirito is badass, for example.
>>
>>152326392
Yeah I read part of that manga. The beginning was promising but the whole plot of how the dude is planning on becoming a hero was pretty stupid. Also all the characters were inconsistent with their behavior and there was a bunch of plot armor for the MC.
>>
>>152326304
>Just make the story about a fantasy dude that had time reset for him or whatever.
There's lots of Wuxia that does this though
>>
>>152326033
Mushoku Tensei for all the hate it gets nowadays did start off strongly and have an extremely good message that people overlook over the bad harem assembly: the fact that the main character earnestly regrets his mistakes, ACKNOWLEDGES HE'S GOT A NEW START, and from start to finish makes sure he's got the ability to make his life better with hindsight.

Even if he has an absurd cheat, he knows that unless he betters himself to cover his weaknesses and moderate his vices, he's going to end up the exact same nerd he spent forty years of his wasted life being.

It was quite refreshing to have a reincarnated protagonist realize how much a boon it is to be reincarnated aside from "omg i am going to get so much sweet pucci and/or power."

Another two strengths in Mushoku Tensei were the strong interpersonal relationship building between the friendships of characters. There's very few people you end up legitimately hating in Mushoku Tensei because they all have their flaws and strengths actually explored. The last I can pick out is shared somewhat with Overlord; MT actually has pretty good worldbuilding, albeit it's a tad claustrophobic (and doesn't seem like it arose organically at all in hindsight, particularly the skill ranking system).
>>
>>152326480
>Even if he has an absurd cheat
It gets absurd later on, in theory he should've gotten his shit stomped anyways, but it still suffers from the same Gary Stu bullshit like him solving problems that elementary school kids could but no one in that world couldn't
>>
>>152326406
Occasionally I check out an isekai. The only one that I've stuck with is konosuba. MT was pretty good in the beginning but went to shit at some point.

I just don't understand how this subgenre even got started. Did nerds really need that extra stuff insert flavor of the MC being a disgusting failure? Or if him being "just an average social outcast that looks down on society because I'm too autistic to make friends"?
>>
File: quietearthposter.jpg (220KB, 531x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
quietearthposter.jpg
220KB, 531x800px
We should just make our own isekai. /jp/ does collaboration all the time. I bet we can do better than the nips.

I can't hate this genre because it has the best movie ever. Pic related.
>>
>>152326688
>him solving problems that elementary school kids could but no one in that world couldn't
I chalk a lot of that up in Mushoku Tensei due to Rudy being an extremely unreliable narrator.

A lot of the world DOES end up unexplained simply because Rudeus (vicariously the author) didn't care enough to explore it, such as why Rudy's pretty fucking okay with routine enslavement in society when they picked up Zenoba's dorf loli.

For all we know there's a lot of things that weren't possible simply because Rudy has ridiculous amounts of mana to actually experiment with.

It's not truly a plus since it really doesn't explain why things that are obvious to us aren't pre-discovered, but a lot of it runs on medieval momentum as well in a pre-scientific method world. We have to remember that the ancient Greek works of Galen were considered medical fact for fucking centuries until people decided to bite the criticism and do their own investigations.

Considering the fact that "magic just works" (and thus exploration of HOW it works is moot for most of it), probably some people made up bullshit in the MT world about how they thought it works to become more powerful and never explored it save for some geniuses here and there who weren't powerful enough to prove their own points.
>>
>>152326193
It's embarrassing that this advice came completely out of left field for me. I didn't have any intention of writing one where the MC was alone the whole time or anything, but I still didn't really consider the importance of varied characters and ensuring their personalities play off of each other well, and just generally having characters who can banter with each other throughout.

>>152326322
This part is always difficult. The way I see it the MC needs to have been summoned into the world by somebody for a specific purpose. That can't really change if you want a genuine reason beyond randomly showing up cuz plot (I mean, you can babble a bit about magic and the barrier between realities just naturally being weaker in some places and sometimes stuff just happens, but that's all pretty much a poor attempt at handwaving not having a reason). This brings up some issues however, in that you need to figure out who/what would choose to summon whatever kind of person MC is instead of just enlisting help from those already there, and why MC specifically, or why would they be aiming for literally anyone if they weren't intentionally aiming for the MC.
>>
>>152327127
>until people decided to bite the criticism and do their own investigations.
Except in MT every country could be considered in an arms race against each other when it comes to magic
>>
File: rirekisho3_shoei.jpg (1MB, 1448x2094px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rirekisho3_shoei.jpg
1MB, 1448x2094px
>>152315171
Because then you can put that tag on your work while doing fuckall with it.
>>
>>152316606
There are plenty, you just want to be spoonfed because somehow digging through NU is too hard for you.
>>
>>152327192
I think giving a reason for MC getting isekaid is just as good/bad as not having any. He's there, its a fight for survival or w/e, it doesn't fucking matter. World building is more important to me, but now from a third person's perspective, but rather on the MC's comprehensions. This also leaves room for later changes and its a good handwave for any plot holes
>>
>>152327192
You can always just let the MC meet someone in his own world that offers them to come to their world or gives them an ambiguous offer and build up on that.
>>
>>152322680
Try something like this:
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/akuyaku-tensei-dakedo-doushite-kou-natta/
There's also stuff like Light Beyond and Wolf Lord's Lady but those don't count as isekai.
>>
>>152326392
>Waste all of his life to become top mage.
>We can scout real talent.
>Real talent gets funded and replaces him as top mage.
>Time travel and try this shit again with all my future knowledge.

Premise is great.
Poor execution.
Like a lot of things in LNs and Mangas.
>>
>>152327199
What I was getting at is that there's plenty of institutional flaws and random chance that we don't know about because it was never explored. MT"s author accidentally made Rudy a self-absorbed enough narrator that we can't write off the setting per se as being mindlessly stupid.

Plenty of progress in our own world could have been made sooner if not for idiocy and random bullshit.

Ignaz Semmellweiss noticed that washing your hands and tools before midwifing for mothers led to less postpartum infections and deaths. It didn't take for various scientific community figures at the time not having enough knowledge to accept it, the technology and techniques to compare his results (he gave it a good shot in his own book), and Semmelweiss himself not being a large figure in the community himself (and was allegedly not well-liked due to being something of an easily aggravated manlet/autist).
>>
>>152314547
What is with half animals and getting lost in the fucking labyrinth?

I would be sure that more humans would be getting lost there.

Also, Log Horizon is the pinnacle of isekai and is easily one of my favourite anime.

As for the rest of isekai, in to the trash it goes
>>
>>152327513
Yeah, at least his younger self is realized his old self got like that because he closed himself off any hep that could have made him stronger. but then MUH EFFICIENCY
>>
>>152326033
What you need is thorough worldbuilding.The new world to which your MC will be sent needs to be interesting and engaging for the reader and for the MC.In most poorly written LNs the new world isn't explored in depth and is merely a playground for the MC instead of an everchanging world on which every character and factions have an impact.The readers have to experience it along the MC.
Speaking of the MC he mustn't have a blasé attitude towards everything it would decrease the reader's interest in the plot.
>>
This is just your standard Male Adventure novel for a new generation.

Instead of the hero being some sort of ex special forces badass who goes around the world and beds nubile women while killing very bad people, we get this shit instead.

Its the same dumb wish fulfillment, only framed in a way that people who have never been outside can enjoy.
>>
>>152327192
> The way I see it the MC needs to have been summoned into the world by somebody for a specific purpose.
This can be avoided if you have the MC go through reincarnation normally, and skip through him being a wild dog in a modern city, to a lizard in a desert, to a bird in a mountainous region, then finally to a human in another world. The problem then becomes "How does he retain his memory". you could pull a "My collective lives flashed before my eyes". Right before he dies as a human, he could remember his past, then get conveniently saved by a childhood friend, or someone that becomes a mentor.

> I still didn't really consider the importance of varied characters
Try to recall some of the series you've seen, and if there are any, some of the minor cast characters that carried it. The trainwreck known as Nichijou had a fairly interesting best friend character with hidden depths of his own. Lancer Cu from Fate is a complete bro.

Now, just shamefully copy them and reskin them. Every trope has been used before. Nothing's original. Even ideas I had as a child that I thought were unique eventually got thought up by another writer, book or film.
>>
>>152327577
We're talking about how people don't understand clouds back there even though magicians specifically have to understand phenomena to be able to use certain spells.
>>
>>152325588
>>152326148
It's this >>152321693
>>
>>152327725
Would you fuck a train?
>>
>>152327704
We also know that wizards and magic users in the MT world are also dicks.

Pergius has ancient lost knowledge that he could use to better the world but he uses it to float around in his flying oppression palace and kill anything and everything that could lead to Laplace.
>>
>>152327801
Gladly
>>
>>152316044

A lot of Otome Isekai have female MCs and tend to become action-y.

https://oniichanyamete.wordpress.com/index/mysterious-named-bodyswap-otomege-project-x/

is a great example. MC becomes bald archmage covered in runes.
>>
>>152327960
They are but every country has its own research into magic like Millis with barriers and so on. Its not really super secret magic when a 30yo neet who reads fantasy novels figures out the workings of the world that is magic.
>>
>>152327725
Wait I thought this was only a LN, not a manga
>>
>>152326033
Figure out the technology settings first, how advanced is this world wueb it comes to technology, has magic influenced technology? How so? Can MC help influence it anymore? How so without leading to an unrealistic or vague backstory?
Also figure out the magic system for the world. Is magic caused by mana interacting with the current environmental settings, making earth magic impossible at sea and water magic impossible on land? Or is it more like summoning where you can send out swords from nowhere or make a pool of acid without having any of the ingredients etc.
Also make the MC have a somewhat large number of roads he can go down regarding jobs but then add in why he can't go down some for practical means. Has the ability to use magic? Too nad all magicians are greedy jews and won't offer teaching mana increasing techniques or spells unless MC is used as their experiment or joins an academy with a high price.
MC has talent as a swordsman after waving a wooden stick? Too bad, swords cost a lot and break easily without proper training and he's poor as shit.
MC can't be a swordsman or a mage? Some monks or a circus pick him up instead.

Then he can backtrack to other job classes later.

Also make the MC lose their first tournament but make the winner be a good sport and help with training in order to increase friendship feels.
>>
Now that I think about it, does Fate/Labyrinth count as isekai?
>>
File: Face.jpg (34KB, 489x479px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Face.jpg
34KB, 489x479px
>>152326033
Here's a list:
> If mc is summoned or reincarnated, find the reason why or unless there's nothing to go on to find out, then wave it off as "I'm curious as to why I reincarnated or summoned, but I won't digress further since I have nothing to help figure out why."
> Make the magic more grounded. Healing simple wounds, to casting a fireball, don't make the magic seem too convenient. Slavery magic is fine.
> Don't make needless infodumping of something that is considered common knowledge.
> Don't make details too short or too long. No one will be able to pay attention if you drag upon pages of infodumping.
> Infodumping through an unseen narrator is bad. Unless it's fits a certain sense of uniformity, avoid this as much as possible. If you're doing it at the beginning, then make it quick and simple.
As far as I can put, that's alot but hopefully you can get all that.
>>
>>152326848
Wish fulfillment. Let's be honest, for some people their lives are so tough that they'd prefer to have a clean slate.
>>
>>152328236
There's a manga adaption apparently. The art linked was from the novel though.
>>
>>152327653
>>152327353
I actually really dislike the reincarnated method, as for some reason, despite all the other stuff I can absorb without question, the idea of getting reincarnated in a completely different world but as your past self right before death just feels really nonsensical.

The idea of them showing up in the MC's world first reminds me of the book Magic Kingdom for Sale, where the MC was suffering through a midlife crisis and impulse bought an ad for a magical kingdom, and actually becoming the king of a decaying magical realm as a result. It was actually a really good read despite the cheesiness of some parts, and I'd love to totally borderline plagiarize it in my own story...

>>152327338
>>152327595

Pretty much, the world is important and needs to be well detailed. I've gotta have a place for the MC to BE Isekai'd to before I can worry about everything else...

This is gonna require some serious brainstorming before a solid idea comes along.
>>
>>152321262
That's what I thought 13 years ago.

Protip: Your life won't change much unless your personality is malleable and you end up being influenced by new environments to which you to try to conform.

>>152326033
All you gotta do is learn to actually write well. You'll already be above and beyond 99% of Isekai authors by then. Pick something different than the norm, and avoid making it a self-felating fantasy with a bland self-insert template of a main character.

There's nothing inherently wrong with the idea of isekai--the problem is the authors and their lack of writing skill, immature ideas, and weak world view.

>>152327578
>>Also, Log Horizon is the pinnacle of isekai and is easily one of my favourite anime.
Plentiful world-building and a large cast of characters who all have influence on the world, along with some background mysteries to provide focus points to return to as well as a force more powerful than the MC. This is in stark contrast to most isekai where the world (the story) now revolves entirely around MC and his little band of animal girl pets that no one can stop.
>>
>>152321669
Extra points if the person who reincarnates is of another religion or a fedora wearing, katana wielding atheist, would be a hilarious for a muslim to have to be Jesus especially if they can't go too far off rails
>>
>>152316044
Magic Knight Rayearth, Fushigi Yuugi, Escaflowne and I'm sure there are many more.
>>
could be worse http://www.novelupdates.com/series/i-reincarnated-into-a-vending-machine/
>>
>>152314547
His job must be pissed
>>
>>152323973
Earth is one of the minor worlds of the three realms. Calling it Isekai is kinda silly. It'd be kinda like calling DBZ isekai because piccolo was growing up on a different planet.
>>
>>152328679
Log Horizon is boring as shit though
At least other isekai keep you entertained all the time
>>
>>152328576
Well, I'm talking about memories, not your entire self. Isekai Tensei Soudouki pulls this off to some extent.

Even Konosuba was able to come up with a reasonable excuse to pull people to another world, even if it wasn't true reincarnation.

> becoming the king of a decaying magical realm as a result
My personal problem with economics type stories is that there's so much at stake for failure, the authors tend to make the MC steamroll everything and everyone, leaving no conflict to make the reader feel worried. Spice and Wolf was alright at this, but it wasn't a country management type story.

>Pretty much, the world is important and needs to be well detailed
It's okay to come up with stuff as you go. Just don't half-heartedly write in things you think are interesting if you can't give reasonable justification for their existence.
>>
File: twain-1[1].jpg (22KB, 340x423px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
twain-1[1].jpg
22KB, 340x423px
>>152321475
>>
>>152314547
That's the thing anymore. Most of them don't have any reason it has to be someone reincarnated in the first place, it's just tacked on like the first girl in harem anime has to be a tsundere. Their reincarnation has no plot significance. And that's providing there is any plot at all, which in this case there isn't one.

>>152314730
My personal theory is they give these things to the budget artists who aren't very good to begin with. "Yeah, you're new, go do the latest isekai and maybe we'll let you draw something other than beast girls in manacles and collars."

>>152318414
Literally any isekai where the author attempts a plot is better than Death March. AAA+ writing if there is not an enslaved beast girl. It's very unfortunate, but that's where the line is drawn anymore.

>>152326033
Adding on to others:

1) Characters should have depth instead of existing solely to make the MC look good and/or fill checkboxes. This is basic writing, but that's the purpose most of the cast serve in isekai anymore.

2) If the character doesn't have a plot relevant reason to be reincarnated, then don't do it. By plot relevant I mean "is there any reason this person could not be a local hero from that world?" Plot relevant does not just include having a random set of real world skills to lord over the peasants with and spend eight chapters on cooking.

3) If you must have them reincarnated from childhood, deal with it quickly. These young age variants are just getting outright weird. I have literally seen like seven year olds go off adventuring and it's just bizarre.
>>
File: 51B0H48A4VL.jpg (48KB, 352x475px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
51B0H48A4VL.jpg
48KB, 352x475px
>>152329197

this is fun
>>
>guy gets teleported into an isekai world
>gets to the character select screen
>makes himself as a busty elf
>does nothing but ERP at the starting tavern and becomes the richest person in the world

I would watch this
>>
>>152314547
I don't care what anyones says, I like Death March. It's a guilty pleasure read if anything.
>>
>>152321475
I don't know, maybe the Japanese don't care about foreign history? They consider that sort of thing to be fairly chuunibyou.

They do tend to romanticize whatever era Masamune Date and Oda Nobunaga come from. It's probably their equivalent.
>>
I want a stereotypical Isekai that ends at chapter 6 when the MC's beastgirl slave slits his throat in his sleep and flees into the night.
>>
>>152329283
There's one where a dude becomes a female elf receptionist.
>>
>>152314730
I don't think it's that horrible.
>>
>>152314547
>A cat-eared girl
>A scalefolk girl
>A dog-eared girl
Compelling storytelling right here. Even for a first introduction this is barebones.
>>
>>152329338
Does he ever get the D
>>
>>152329322
>slitting the throat of a godkin
>>
>>152329197
*Written by Nips
>>
>>152329362
>not liking beast girls
Get the fuck out
>>
>>152329362
She is lost in the labyrinth when Satou finds her.
She is lost in the labyrinth when Satou finds her.
She is lost in the labyrinth when Satou finds her.
>>
>>152329364
Vigorously rejects all suitors, is still stuck with raising the child of a dragon god.
>>
>>152329362
A cat eared girl named Tama. (most famous cat in japan)
A scalefolk girl named Liza. (Lizard)
A dog-eared girl named Pochi. (most common pet dog name)
>>
>>152326033
Being too serious kills it. Be chill and chuuni.
>>
>>152314547

from my understanding of it, could be wrong, but he woke up in universe with the tutorial abilities they were adding into the game.

They gave players the abilities to see all the map and clear enemies from the map a limited number of times as a silly easy mode mechanic. When Satou wakes up, he fucks around a bit near a canyon full of dragons, kills them all with the tutorial ability and gets a shit load of experience and titles from it making him overpowered in the face of everything else he encounters.

The WN from there is mostly a slice of life adventure with Satou just wandering around, enjoying the world and occasionally stomping over a local problem before it interrupts his tour.

I ended up dropping it after 14 volumes/chapters. If you want a silly lighthearted adventure with no real dramatic tension this WN is basically that. Satou is never really challenged at any point and the only tension occasionally comes from people around him who aren't as broken.

I've read worse, Arifureta for example. Honestly I wouldn't keep reading Death March for the MC, the best character is Liza.
>>
>>152329252
>AAA+ writing if there is not an enslaved beast girl.
What is Japan's obsession with slavery? It wasn't common in medieval Europe and it isn't in old RPGs so I can't for the life of me figure out where they are getting this crap.
>>
File: IMG_0339.jpg (996KB, 1384x2044px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_0339.jpg
996KB, 1384x2044px
>>152314547
Death March is pretty bad, but the whole loli gathering slave harem aspect is worth it.
>>
>>152329681
Are you dumb or what. Slavery is a fantasy trope.
>>
>>152329681
It's hot.
>>
>>152327192
As to addressing the summoning issue.
>Reincarnation
or
>Summoned (Doesn't have to be summoned by the good guys, if you are lazy then it was the Gods)
or
>Different physics/magic, may appear like a natural disaster, cloned the characters, maybe the original still exists in real world (It is nice for some degree of separation between the original and copy)
>>
>>152329681
Well, slavery is a really writing light way of shoehorning in loyalty due to a debt of gratitude while making the protagonist look like a good guy. It's just a plot device crutch.
>>
>>152329762
People who overthink the beginning aspects are the nitpickiest readers and pandering to them does you no good.
>>
>>152329681
It's an easy way to explain why a beautiful girl falls for the [faceless self-insert protagonist with no personality]
>>
>>152329782
Pandering to nitpickers is never the right path, because no matter what you do they'll find something to bitch about.
>>
>>152329797
>[faceless self-insert protagonist with no personality]
Sometimes I wonder if people here are just autistic and can't read a person so they say this.
>>
File: 015.png (2MB, 1080x1598px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
015.png
2MB, 1080x1598px
>>152329651
The recent chapter is covering the scumbag communist weasel empire getting god's divine punishment.

>best character is Liza.
>>
>>152316044
There's Elliza, Lax Demon and Kuma.
Though Elliza is suffering. I want to give the poor girl a hug, but that would probably break her.
>>
>>152329892
Holy shit, what's wrong with her arm and legs
>>
>>152329865
Alright, they have the exact same personality as every other low-tier shounen manga protagonist has.
They have a personality, it's just not one that is any interesting. There are some exceptions, of course.
>>
>>152327192
Use old nihon's fantasy setting-type: new fantasy world of sword and magic builded on the ruins of old world, what was destroyed in Apocalypse.
MC wakes up from stasis/timetravels by accident/some other shit.
Upload to RoyalRoad thenn writen.
>>
File: MC and slave.jpg (120KB, 726x514px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
MC and slave.jpg
120KB, 726x514px
>>152329681
>>152329778
>>152329797
Sometimes slavery is treated with the aspect of,
> I don't care, you're my property.
Nothing more than possessions. There's cases like pic related.
>>
>>152329892
Liz IS best character. Too bad she gets no love in the series.
>>
>>152329919
Kindness would kill her at this point. The shit's she's going through isn't exactly healthy for a 7(?) year old.
>>
>>152329981
RoyalRoad has a ton of stories with settings like that already senpai
>>
File: 212.png (1MB, 1080x1598px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
212.png
1MB, 1080x1598px
>>152329929
Does perspective mean anything to you? The viewer is clearly at a higher point above her on the staircase.
>>
>>152330006
She's too busy cock-blocking herself out of the fact you can't crossbreed babies.

But yeah, she's pretty good.
>>
>>152330016
There'll be another one than.
>>
>>152330063
You wont know unless you try. Besides, Satou is a god at making magic. I'm sure he could make a spell of fertility or some shit.
>>
>>152327219
>A smart, athletic, who handles anything perfectly and unequalled beautiful girl, dies young due to a car accident.
Is this any good? Seems like it's been getting pretty steady updates, but that first sentence of the description really put me off.
>>
>>152329252
Back in my day we had to wait till we were ten to capture those pokemon, I still remember those dreadful days
>>
>>152330090
>You wont know unless you try
I wish he'd try, since his waifu's objective is for him to have a 100 wives and a 100 children before she'll officially enter a relationship with him.

>I'm sure he could make a spell of fertility or some shit.
He's an engineer, not a scientist or biologist.
>>
>>152329407
And all I find in caves are Zubats, talk about luck
>>
>>152330212
Didn't he make a spell to resurrect someone from the dead on the fly or some shit? What is biology if not another form of engineering.
>>
>>152330245
>And all I find in caves are Zubats, talk about luck
Perfect LN title
Just about a guy going through a cave and trying to catch something new
>>
File: 0verflow.jpg (848KB, 4960x1450px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
0verflow.jpg
848KB, 4960x1450px
>>152330212
Does his own family count?
>>
>>152330162
Do you like class divides? Ryou does pull the whole "let's introduce these savages to random shit" thing, but that stops pretty fast after she gets sold by her parents to a relatively nice noble family, then she ends up living with mountain bandits for a year and then she goes to school and has a okama as her parental figure then the mage versus normal person shitflinging contest starts. It's a aight read, give it a go and drop it if you don't like it.
>>
>>152314596
Yes.
>>
>>152330254
That person that died always carries a revival item around her neck, remember? He's actually familiar with death and revival, so it's a little different.
>>
>>152330277
Isekai into Pokemon, or !notPokemon would be pretty neat
>>
>>152330418
Eh tomato/tomato. Just fuck your waifu's already Satou. You haven't been to a brothel in ages. You must be blue balling.
>>
File: 16.jpg (107KB, 713x1024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
16.jpg
107KB, 713x1024px
Isn't nip isekai ultimately derived from Alice in Wonderland? How come more don't have cute young girl main characters?
>>
>>152330494
But there's a shitload of them? Just go on NU and look up the female protagonist tag.
>>
>>152329315
>Foreign history is chunnibyou
>Romanticize only Masamune Date or Oda
Are the Japanese retarded or insensitive? Foreign history is the shit, majority of the world from the US to Europe knows that.
>>
I would love to see an isekai series starring Hasegawa. You could just call it MADAO.

>dies after his cardboard box caves in, killing him
>generic reincarnation bullshit that he passes off as a dream
>upon realizing he's in some unknown place, he attempts to find work, but still fails
>have him bear witness to generic isekai plots, as a destructive bystander attempting to get a job

>accidentally knocks out the Yuusha in the Demon King's palace
>begs the Demon King for a job
>becomes a janitor
>somehow ends up destroying the palace
>goes off looking for more work
>>
File: Sample.jpg (818KB, 1078x1525px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Sample.jpg
818KB, 1078x1525px
>>152327219
I hope the tl can go back to working on this. He/she seems to alternate between those series.
>>
>>152330550
They're a tiny island nation at the butt end of the world, they have no goddamned reason to give a shit about anyone else.
>>
>>152329726

not that anon but my problem with it is mostly on the MC side. Like, they grew up in a first world country. I can understand just not saying shit to stay incognito but most the time they just say cool and buy a waifu like it's normal.

The slaves are also always instantly in love the MC no matter what with no resistance or drama.
>>
File: kyoudai.jpg (69KB, 535x785px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
kyoudai.jpg
69KB, 535x785px
>>152319020
Katahane no Riku ?
>>
>>152330550
You act like murricans don't do the same for WWII and patriotism, capitalism, and democracy.

Of course people are going to jerk off their own culture, you fucking retard.
>>
>>152330494
Search for the 'otome game' tag.
>>
File: rirekisho2_shoei.jpg (2MB, 1447x2095px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
rirekisho2_shoei.jpg
2MB, 1447x2095px
>>152330647
Nah, that one fell apart around chapter fifty something.
>>
>>152330646
That's because it is normal and the second answer is because we know slave masters are complete assholes, come on. MC is a reasonable and sane human being.
>>
>>152330674
>United States
>Democracy not Republicanism
>Not including WWI
>>
>>152330701
Why is she laying down in the water with her clothes on
>>
>>152330675
http://www.novelupdates.com/series/%e3%80%8eshirayukihime-to-7-nin-no-koibito%e3%80%8fto-iu-18-kin-otomege-heroin-ni-tenseishiteshimatta-ore-ga-zenryoku-de-oujitachi-kara-nigeru-hanashi/

Otome Isekai is pretty great.
>>
File: p231.png (1MB, 1046x1536px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
p231.png
1MB, 1046x1536px
>>152330701
but like this bloody staff though its kinda more realistic
for example
Summoned Slaughterer is a thing
>>
>>152330763
Because for all her acting Ryou is still a kid and does stupid shit from time t time.
>>
File: Shernan Oubeniel.jpg (86KB, 600x800px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Shernan Oubeniel.jpg
86KB, 600x800px
>>152330674
>>152330713
If you want a different mentality of buying slaves and whatnot, then by all means, look at Talese.
>>
File: 1331472148272.png (131KB, 500x400px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1331472148272.png
131KB, 500x400px
>tfw no Shota LN/WN
>>
>>152330720
Way to prove him right, dipshit.
>>
>>152330720
I'm sorry the Cold War wasn't Communism vs Republicanism, anon.

>WWI
Sorry anon, Murrican film makers love killing Nazis. It's to the point my father thinks movies dramatacize the events so badly, he thinks Nazis treated Jews extremely well.
>>
File: botsuraku.jpg (142KB, 550x814px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
botsuraku.jpg
142KB, 550x814px
The one about the blacksmith was pretty entertaining. Why did it have to go to shit?
>>
File: Torturchen_v01_BW01.jpg (229KB, 1024x1438px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Torturchen_v01_BW01.jpg
229KB, 1024x1438px
>>152330809
RiP, there was a point you should have realized your friend went full yan and there was no saving her.
>>
>>152314547
>kirito clone
not even trying
>>
>>152330848
The earlier chapters of him going around the land and building stuff were the best ones.
>>
>>152330848
His personality went way down, his fanbase gone, and long story short, he became a bitch. That's why it got worse. Also, Death Flags is better.
>>
>>152330902
Not even trying to be kirito, more like.
>>
>>152330817
2 releases.
>>
>>152330817

I just hate it because it's lazy and doesn't seem like something most first world people would be eager to jump into. The only time I seen the slave troupe work without being cringy is in shield hero where the MC literally had to do it to progress.
>>
>>152330928
>Death Flags

Good shit. Do you think the execution is going to lead him to working for the final boss?
>>
>>152330968
If there was a problem to be noticed about slaves in isekai is how cheap they are. A broke MC could buy them which is quite odd.
>>
File: THUMB_SMALL.jpg (99KB, 640x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
THUMB_SMALL.jpg
99KB, 640x360px
>>152330941
They are enough to get a good glimpse of the protagonist's mentality and thoughts of slavery.
>>
>>152331056
Who is this semem demon?
>>
>>152331000
I don't think so. We have to think of Asch the Bloody from Tales of the Abyss. Only except Asch is a main character, to an extent.
>>
>>152331017
But it's also been almost a month since the last one.
>>
>>152331056
Why are her panties off
>>
File: OpvH7Aj[1].jpg (345KB, 2213x1607px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
OpvH7Aj[1].jpg
345KB, 2213x1607px
>>152331076
i forgot her name
but she is semen dragon
>>
>>152331156
Maybe her butt hurts?
>>
>>152331196
>dragon

Even better. What LN/WN? It any good?
>>
>>152331196
>Blondes everywhere
Wew
Even got elves, drills and ponytail.
>>
>>152331156
couze she wants mc's D
>>
File: 1484414479968.jpg (60KB, 195x293px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1484414479968.jpg
60KB, 195x293px
>>152318877

The New Gate is really good. I enjoy it.
>>
File: The wizard.jpg (868KB, 1050x761px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
The wizard.jpg
868KB, 1050x761px
>>152331056
>>152331196
> Atelier Tanaka
> Tanaka the Wizard
> Tanaka
> Wizard
> Wizard
> Over 30
> Still a virgin
> Refuses to lose his virginity until a virgin sacrifice comes to him
> M-muh wizardhood!
Well, at least all of the females are mainly bitches so his wizardhood will stay for a little longer.
>>
>>152331222
Atelier Tanaka, or Tanaka the Alchemist. Something like that.

MC's a purityfag virgins only type of character, and is actually NTRing an ikeman out of his side bitch.
>>
File: bT7ZVim[1].jpg (296KB, 1902x1392px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
bT7ZVim[1].jpg
296KB, 1902x1392px
>>152331222
>>152331246
Tanaka the wizard
>>
>>152331268
Does he stay a wizard? Last time I checked this translation was dead.
>>
>>152331298
lol
did u read it?
there is no NTR though
>>
>>152331056
>>152331196
>>152331301
Why is the background always like the same color? Is it the same place?
>>
>>152331259
new gate is boring as shit
long ass chapters of nothing happening
>>
>Mages in another world open a portal to our world
>Fantasy army sends scouts to investigate this new world for them to conquer
>They kidnap some civilians as slaves
>MC is one of them
>Taken into a different world, sent to work in a mine, and with no apparent help on the way, MC leads a slave rebellion and escapes
>Just in time to see that our world has discovered the portal and sent soldiers through to reclaim the civilians
>A large scale battle breaks out
>In the chaos, the kidnapped people are filed through the portal back to our world
>Just before going through, MC sees someone that was left behind
>Tells a soldier
>"It's too late for them. The portal is closing."
>Fuck.
>That.
>MC runs back for the person
>Soldier chases after them
>They barely make it back in time
>Person they saved goes through
>MC and soldier are about to go through
>Portal closes
>Soldier is pissed that MC got him stuck in another world
>Now they must survive and try to find a way to re-open the portal
>>
>>152330848
Author forgot how to write his own main character. Must have hit his head or lost someone that basically did his work for him because I haven't seen quality drop so hard since R07.
>>
>>152331343
>>152331056
> lol
> XD
I can tell that you're a newfag. Word of advice, stop this shit before mods ban your ass.
>>
>>152331268
all the highest potential virgins claim to be sluts, have lived 999 years/are weird races, or actually having anal/lesbian sex

well the elve girls is a virgin though
but he doesn know
>>
>>152330611
Isn't this just some guy performing human experiments on slaves to discover immortality or something?
>>
File: Experiment.jpg (180KB, 640x360px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Experiment.jpg
180KB, 640x360px
>>152331458
Yes.
>>
>>152326148
see
>>152321662
>>
>>152331442
>or actually having anal/lesbian sex
Wait this is okay?
>>
>>152321304
I'd like to know as well. Hitting 30 soon and I'll either still be here or dead.
>>
>>152331268
Tanaka's actually not terrible; he's actually better looking than your average fat old man that would have sex with Rin Tohsaka or some loli.
He's certainly below average, but he really doesn't deserve as much hate as he gets. It could be worse; he's not fat to add to his face.
>>
>>152331504
From an /a/-ecumenical standpoint,
>lesbian sex, A-OK so long as it's just for funsies and she/they still want the D too
>anal, no bueno, you slut
>>
File: 1422247565056.jpg (32KB, 323x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1422247565056.jpg
32KB, 323x720px
>>152331704
>talking about anal
>remember Asuka of the Scarlet Sky
>>
>>152314547
It's okay, it's explained later that he's not unique there are a few others.
>>
>>152314547
>Stopped trying
>Stopped
They never tried in the first place, save a few older ones that weren't riding the WN wish fulfillment for retards train.
>>
>>152331651
He would look a lot better if he shaved and lost some of the fat in his face.
>>
File: Censor Cat.png (20KB, 500x483px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Censor Cat.png
20KB, 500x483px
>>152314547
Remember Tamagotchi?

Now we have Tamapochi!
>>
Is this the first English translated LN in which the MC becomes a actual slaveowner? I can't see that going down well in the US
>>
>>152332247
Slave owning is nothing new, what are you talking about?
>>
>>152332247
They're not called slaves in the English version. They're "Contractors".
>>
>>152332247
Pretty sure there were a ton of others before DM. I think YP would have gotten shieldbro if OPB didn't snipe the license first.
>>
>>152318877
Does Red Storm count too? The MC's mentor is he isekaied one. Though he comes from a martial-arts world.
>>
>>152332247
>>152332293
>>152332300
>>152332350
But seriously, what would people (women and african americans) say if they read stuff like this? (assume i'm talking about both normal and SJW types).
>>
>>152318877
Just caught up with Realist Kingdom's Reform Chronicles.
Can confirm it's fucking awsome.

>>152324720
Excuse the spoonfeeding, as I liked this novel so much I want as many people as possiblbe to read it.
First 2 chapters are on the goddess, third and onwards are still on his site.

I hope you like Machiavelli.
>>
>>152332471
SJW don't watch anime or read LNs and blackaboos don't really care.
>>
>>152332471
Unless you're just trying to start shit for some reason, people who do read LNs and watch anime typically tend to not be SJWs. What are they going to complain out? Japan don't give a shit.
>>
>>152332471
It's non-fiction, who gives a shit. Especially if there's anime shit on the cover, it's even got less plausibility because now it's just weird japanese shit.
>>
>>152332247
Only if you live in a world run by tumblr or SJWs. The story doesn't focus on slavery, it's more of an MC touring a fantasy world, then stopping to murder demons that get in the way of his permanent vacation.

He would release them if his main base of operations wasn't a human-based country with heavy discrimination towards demi-humans. The slavers warn him they'd be likely to get lynched or enslaved again without a human around to protect them.

>>152332471
The fuck is wrong with you? Why would we care what they think? The target audience is otaku.
>>
>>152319800
There is a .
single-shot .50 BMG handgun, The Thunder, so technically a burly enough dude could fire a round single-handedly.
>>
File: N.Tesla.jpg (1MB, 2563x3348px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
N.Tesla.jpg
1MB, 2563x3348px
Why can't they make a LN about some modern day physicist that goes to a magic world discovers that magic is actually sort of a universal translation machine you wish for something add mana and get a result.

For thousands of years the people of that world used magic as "make a big fire" "create me water". For some reason elves are really good at magic like the usual RPG bullshit.

This guy comes and starts expressing his wishes in physics formula and basically he becomes OP as fuck...

Later down the story when hes drunk or something and he wishes for an anti mater reaction and blown up a whole country leading everyone to believe that some ultra demon god appeared.

I don't know what happens next.

But I want physics with formula and nice explanations for you casuals to be the main catch. Good old Shonen I'm explaining how I'm doing it shit.
>>
>>152319514
there is one where the mc speed runs solo the first dungeon jfor the sake of RTA

literally buys a map of a dungeon and skips all of the mobs
>>
>>152332622
You realize you have to switch up the MC with a teenager and have him be chuuni as well as put in some cute girls or I'm not going to read that. Also, there has to be an onsen scene and well, a lot of other stuff.
>>
>>152332622
Because the hacks writing this schlock aren't physicists and any explanation that the story would give you would either be incredibly inaccurate or literally copy and pasted from wikipedia.
>>
>>152332471
Technically if your master is good. Being a Slave is way superior then being free.

Same shit with Dictators/Kings/Autocrats. If the Dictator is good he is going to be 50 times as effective as a democracy. Too bad that almost never happens.
>>
>>152332745
Write me a story in which it does happen.
>>
>>152332622
You seem like the type that'd get mad if the author made up a fictional method to pull it off because it wasn't how chemistry'd work in real life.
>>
>>152332709
How about make him be a good old nerd? And have him be a physics college freshman?
>>
I know you have a chuuni isekai fantasy story in your head /a/.
I wanna hear it. I might share mine later, bbut it's pretty detailed though.
>>
File: Other_1.png (251KB, 642x686px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Other_1.png
251KB, 642x686px
>>152332798
Ez. Shield Hero.
>>
>>152322751
>No stealing pornography
>Stop
I'm rolling
>>
File: IMG_1924.jpg (150KB, 924x686px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
IMG_1924.jpg
150KB, 924x686px
>>152332585
>>
>>152318536

So did Grimgar (at least, the anime did).

Are there examples of isekai done right?
>>
File: Untitled.jpg (417KB, 1031x1256px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
Untitled.jpg
417KB, 1031x1256px
>>152332528
>>152324720
Shilling for free time, if you enjoyed Realist Hero then once it comes out buy it from JNC if you can afford to. Better to support a company that doesn't engage in Yen Press-style faggotry and plans to outcompete the fan translation by overtaking it instead of just ordering the whole thing be taken down at once. larvyde links to their site too.

Plus they're probably the only way you'll see Grimgar translated past V4 since Nanodesu are a bunch of hacks, as well as Ore ga Heroine.
>>
>>152332622
>you wish for something add mana and get a result.
Isn't this how it works in Mahouka?
>>
>>152314596
Wow you got be with your bait.
At least DE mc, while overpowered, still loses and isn't "no consequences, never meet anyone to push their shit in" overpowered like in 99% of isekai.
His wife permadied. If it was a japanese WN he would have a harem and no one would ever have died at all.
>>
>>152332745
>Same shit with Dictators/Kings/Autocrats. If the Dictator is good he is going to be 50 times as effective as a democracy. Too bad that almost never happens.

And it's even less likely that their successors will be good naturally.
>>
File: fixed.png (256KB, 512x511px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
fixed.png
256KB, 512x511px
>>152321288
>>
If I write an isekai will anon help edit it to make it more Japanese?
I've seen some anons japanesewrite on here excellently but I can't do it to save my life.
>>
File: flame_strontium_02.jpg (353KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
flame_strontium_02.jpg
353KB, 1280x1024px
>>152332803
Probably yes, but they could make it semi accurate at least!

There was that new manga recently where the girl was ultra proud she made "Blue flames" turns out she just added oxygen to normal flame magic to make it hotter. MC totally put her down.

I can totally ignore the fact that blue flames aren't blue because of more oxygen but because theres less soot and there for it's a cleaner burn. So technically she'd spit out blue flames but they'd soon turn to other colors depending on what they're setting aflame. If she attacked say a knight with Bronze armor he'd burn Green.

Something along the lines of that is acceptable.
>>
File: The Oubeniel.png (1MB, 720x1056px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
The Oubeniel.png
1MB, 720x1056px
>>152332745
> good master
Oh man, then you'll certainly love this guy.
>>
File: 1460054364631.png (1024KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1460054364631.png
1024KB, 1280x720px
>>152326033
Expanding on these two, >>152326193 >>152326305
An important but often missed aspect of the male friend is that they must always be equal. Most series end up with the OP MC and his friend who falls behind.
Not isekai, but a good example of this would be Heivia and Quenser from Heavy Object.
>>
>>152332830
Jesus gets reincarnated as a religious figure of a fantasy world, that religious figure is reincarnated as Jesus, hijinks ensue as they try and master a new religion
>>
>>152324720
>the translators appear to have put it behind a paygate at some other site.
They're just linking to the official translation, since the official translators aren't ordering a DMCA takedown of the entire thing like Yen Press it's only polite to voluntarily take down at least the chapters that the official translators are releasing at present.
>>
>>152332917
It's only an isekai done right if we end up deopping a nuke on them, and there's only two works thta I know of where that happens.
>>
>>152332830
I had one where the MC was a rapey dragon (female) who went around murdering shit. I even had an obligatory chapter 16.5. Then I dropped my harddrive and lost it.
>>
>>152332830
I get transported into a fantasy world and get to live comfy with cute beast girls in the woods.
>>
>>152333012
Not even "less" historically it's actually more like "abysmal". After a really good Autocrat the empire usually falls apart very soon due to infighting of his inner circle. And it's not just the same with Countries.

Heres a little known fact. One of the primary reasons the Soviets didn't go to the moon is because the "Chief Designer" Korolev had vast political and technical known how and after his death the program couldn't secure the money because his successor didn't know how to play politics.
>>
>>152333107
HO is sort of alternate-history, which is isekai in a way. I guess you could call it soft-isekai or low-isekai or something?
>>
>>152332982
Mahouka is actually magic physics. It's explained most of the time but some of it is just magic.
>>
>>152332917
Not really.
>>152318536
Danmachi pulled a deus ex machina power up and everyone who got into the series came for Hestia. Seriously.
>>
>>152327192
You could do it the opposite; not so much as sent away, for one reason or another.
>>
>>152333270
Explain further.
>>
>>152332745
Singapore, South Korea, and Taiwan all managed to build decent economies under a dictatorship, before the latter two liberalized and the first one was pretending to be a liberal democracy from the start.
>>
File: 78658767878687.png (762KB, 768x544px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
78658767878687.png
762KB, 768x544px
>>152333262
More along the line of alternate future, they only travel to other worlds in the (probably) non-canon Kamachi crossovers.
>>
>>152333053
Yes. Post it. We're all tomodachis here.
>>
>>152333304
>expecting a person to explain magic from Mahouka
Yeah it's kind of complex, I don't know. Maybe someone is more of an expert than me.
>>
what is the manga where the main character is an orc or goblin or something? I think he transforms at some point and becomes more humanlike.
>>
>>152314547

The other isekai about a Woman and her child is better, fuck won a prize, should be manga and anime
>>
>>152333361
Slime Tensei
>>
>>152332845
And to think slaves of heroes get growth bonuses and stat corrections
>>
>>152333361
Slime Tensei. It takes a while to happen. Gobuta the best.
>>
>>152333389
Isn't that his slave shield at work? Didn't he feed it snips of Raph's hair, ink from the slave contract, or something to unlock that?
>>
>>152333201
>>152333216
>>152333217
Mine was Civilisation: The LN.
MC would have eternal youth and go around advancing technology and conquering shit. Autistic amounts of research had gone into making each era be semi-realistic and the world believabble.
>>
>>152333361
I think you are talking about Re:Monster
>>
>>152333385
>>152333423
Thank you both. I love you.
>>
>>152333306
>>152333262
No, stop the bullshit, it's not isekai. Unless the story involves people going in or out of the world, stop labeling it as that when it is not. Crossovers don't count if they are not canon. It is not isekai.
>>152333107
Heavy Object suffered from the biggest bullshit infodump to the point where infodumping was nonsensical.
>>
>>152333306
Yeah, but it's "another world" from our conventional Earth. Even if it is set some time in the future, it's not our future. Isekai doesn't just have to be swords and sorcery, even if that is the prevailing setting.
>>
>>152333475
>worldbuilding autism
Hello me.
>>
>>152333484
Oh wait I think this is it. I will probably read both desu. Thank you.
>>
>>152333521
>tfw suck at world building because can't keep all the details in my head
How can I remember the council, court, market, the towns, city, kingdoms and then the multiple routes and terrain as well as different people at each place. It always inspires me when I see aspects of world building, but I can't put two and two together.
>>
>>152333500
That's not isekai though, it's just sci-fi. Isekai is specifically somebody traveling from their natural world to another.
>>
>>152330826
Chikyuu Tenseisha no Koroshikata
There is an arc where he becomes a shota in order to fuck a priestess
>>
>>152333603
>>152333521
I bet y'all love Tolkien a lot, and I don't mean LoTR or the Hobbit alone.
>>
>>152332830
A random lady gets transported to another universe thanks to a mysterious whirlpool. But she gets severely injured, making her illegible for soldier jobs and she is stuck without a way to get home.

So she tries to adapt by becoming a waitress. Somehow this leads to her becoming popular with soldiers due to her lack of a poker face. So she tries to improve her small town with a mercenary force.

I'm not sure what to title this one idea.
>>
>>152333475
Why can't this be real?!
>>
File: 1471724731387.jpg (1MB, 1090x1600px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1471724731387.jpg
1MB, 1090x1600px
>>152330826
>Implying
It's not isekai though.
>>
>>152333603
For cities and continents, I use names from videogames or other media while keeping the story in my head. If I ever write it down, I'll change them obviously.
Also I tend to revisit various parts of the story in my head alot and keep adding details or making it more consistent.

Damn i should actually write that shit.
>>
>>152333641
Pendragon? Magic Treehouse?
>>
>>152333640
>So she tries to adapt by becoming a prostitute
There, I improved it.
>>
>>152333377
>The other isekai about a Woman and her child is better, fuck won a prize, should be manga and anime
Which one?
>>
>>152333500
Unless you're going in or out of a world, it is not isekai. You have no experience or any clue of what isekai is. Heavy Object is not an isekai. End of story.
>>
>>152332830
/pol/ incarnate gets reincarnated as a demonlord/dungeon master. He takes over the world while ridding it of degeneracy with an iron fist and promoting wholesome family life.
>>
>>152333699
>not mashing your keyboard and then trying to make reasonable words/names
>>
>>152333750
>this much of a demand yet /a/ will still not write it
Free money
>>
>>152333822
Most of the story was made when I was out on walks though.

Listening to blind guardian and coming up with the medieval part of the story was quite enjoyabble.
>>
>>152333870
I do the same thing, but I usually make a map in photoshop to cement things in place, or even just a .txt file outlining the plot.
>>
>>152314547
>The non-human girls won't even lose their virginity with the MC
I fucking hate fake harems.
>>
>>152333455
Yeah, Provided you gather all of that. You could also unlock a friendship weapon which does the same shit but if you're super friends with someone.
>>
>>152333316
I'll post it when I actually get around to writing it.
I'm totally serious this time, h-haha.
>>
>>152315699
>im not a lolicon, i prefer women with big breasts
>but i wont ever have any relationships with women outside some faceless prostitutes because my loliharem gets upset
>im not a lolicon, no sir
>recieved title: little girl lover
>IM NOT A LOLICON LOL

shit is infuriating.
>>
>>152333949
I have a very clear map in my head.
I was even reading geological stuff to make sure the continental formations made sense.
>>