[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much of a mess will Dies Irae anime be? I'm not talking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 6

File: di anime.jpg (89KB, 547x269px) Image search: [Google]
di anime.jpg
89KB, 547x269px
How much of a mess will Dies Irae anime be?

I'm not talking about the fanbase getting ruined by /a/ cancer, but about the show itself. Consider previous VN adaptations. Pretty much all of them were subpar.
>>
File: Consider.jpg (48KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Consider.jpg
48KB, 600x600px
The first thing you need to get into your head, is to look at it as a standalone experience and forget about the source material. Compare them later but don't judge base on what they skip and such.

They can't add every single bit of info and stuff that happens in it because otherwise it would be gigantic, too many monologues that display the narrative of the situation, inner thoughts that show what the character is thinking and possibly exposing more of his personality, little scenes here and there that probably don't add to much to the overall story but show the characters in a different light and adds more to their personality and so on.

The anime obviously won't be able to add all of that in. They're gonna have to focus on the major development and big character interaction moments in order to give us a an idea of it. They could try to add everything but then it would drag around too much, and the the quality would possibly drop too due to non stop working for the animators and there would be a fuckton of episodes, for something they're not even sure is gonna sell that good.
>>
>>152312860
Yeah, but with approach like this the anime is gonna end up barely anything more than a collection of clips of some of the distinctive scenes from the game.
>>
>>152312688
>fanbase getting ruined by /a/
Check your privele/jp/ and fuck off to your containment board, cancer.
>>
>>152313035
Why EOP out so hard?
>>
>>152312688
>How much of a mess will Dies Irae anime be?
>GoHands
You have no idea
>>
>>152312688
Even worse than the manga adaptation
>>
>>152313223
That exists?
>>
>>152313137
>GoHands
Picked up.
>>
>EOPs thinking they've actually read it and going on about secondaries
Fate 2.0
>>
Just imagine the adaptation of the "untranslatable" VN being speedsubbed by Crunchy.
>>
>>152313600
This desu, you can't be a "primary" unless you read the original work in Japanese.
>>
>>152312688
Is there a PV yet? In fact, has any of the staff even been announced?
>>
>>152312688
There is absolutely no way the anime will ever do the VN justice. I seriously doubt the people in charge of the adaptation have a good enough grasp on Nietzsche, Hegel, Kant and other philosophers to even begin to understand the complex and nuanced source material.
It's doomed to be garbage.
>>
>>152312688
I want you to try and remember the Demonbane adaptation and prepare yourself for what is to come
>>
>>152314191
Cool meme, EOP-kun.
>>
File: 1374760119461.png (216KB, 393x391px) Image search: [Google]
1374760119461.png
216KB, 393x391px
>>152313137
Wait, really? Fucking GoHands?
>>
The VN barely makes sense and is barely held together.

t. Someone who dropped it after Sakurai shows up at school
>>
>>152314414
So you dropped in the middle of the common route?

I guess reading it was too hard and time consuming for you?
>>
>>152312688
Don't care because we're finally getting the VN, probably before it airs.
>>
>>152314465
No way they're gonna keep that May release promise.

Also yeah, you're getting the VN with Conjueror-Ludo filter.
>>
>>152313137
>GoHands
Is it fucking really? RIP
Thank you based kikestarter gods.
>>
>>152312688
>fanbase getting ruined by /a/ cancer
>VN
That's rich.
>>
>>152314496
>supposedly untranslatable VN
>translated by Ludo
This will never not be funny
>>
>>152313137
At least it will be funny I guess
>>
OTP
>>
>>152313137
Oh god no. Not GoHands.
>>
>>152313137
>GoHands
Is it? Picked the fuck up
I hope it will be as glorious as Hand Holders
>>
>>152313600
>Fate 2.0
It is? Fine, I am in, I am all for more Shirou.
>>
>>152315909
It's in the same vein, if you like chuuni occult and fantasy you'll probably love this.
Read the VN that's getting localized instead of the shitty anime though.
>>
>>152314191
>doubt the people in charge of the adaptation have a good enough grasp on Nietzsche, Hegel, Kant and other philosophers
It's not like Japanese are even able have a grasp on them.
>>
>>152314191
*tip
>>
>>152314443
You know what else is hard and time cnsuming? Eating elefant shit.
>>
>>152312688
>1-cour
At this rate, it'd be in better hands if Tensho was directing it
>>
>>152314191
>>152316009
If you need to know German anything to enjoy Dies Irae better, it's some legends and operas and shit which go referenced by the character calling each other based on them.
>>
>>152312963
It all depends on the how the director chooses to represent those scenes.
Also, many directors can and do sometimes change some things for whatever reasons.
>>
File: Shirou.jpg (42KB, 225x350px) Image search: [Google]
Shirou.jpg
42KB, 225x350px
>>152315909
You'll get more Shirou alright.
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.