[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

as a english speaking burger, what's the correct way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 2

File: 1.jpg (172KB, 1200x1697px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
172KB, 1200x1697px
as a english speaking burger, what's the correct way to say Asuka?
>>
Ah - soo - KAH
>>
aus - kuh
>>
>>152294343

https://translate.google.com/#en/ja/Asuka
>>
>>152294399
Why do they pronounce it like "Oscar" in the subs and dubs? Is this a japanese thing?
>>
>>152294453

Because he's wrong.
>>
>>152294453
>pronounce
>in the subs
>>
>>152294517
Japanese audio, english subtitles. You know what I mean.
>>
аа-сука
>>
It's pronounced あーすーか
>>
kimochi warui
>>
ah-sue-cuh
>>
gahr-bihj
>>
>>152294343
Use your brain. They say it in the series many times.
>>
>>152294430
>>152294573
I really need to learn moon runes, I hate not being able to read 90% of the Japanese language exclusive doujins.
>>
>>152294343
Shit
>>
>>152294573
While it's great that you learned hiragana anon, that's wrong. Putting ー after a syllabe means the last vowel sound is extended which isn't the case for Asuka, you're basically saying it's pronounced Aasuuka
>>
>>152294758
How can something be so cute be shit?
>>
>>152294404
>>
>>152294453
Cause the /su/ sound in japanese is usually pronounced as an /s/ which is why desu is written like that but usually pronounced dess, same thing with suki, etc.
>>
>>152294343
啊スcar
>>
Similar to Oscar, but different at the end.
>>
So basically the "U" in "Asuka" is silent?
>>
It's pronounced as best girl
B-E-S-T G-E-A-R-L, it's easy
>>
cum-dumps-ter
>>
>>152295218

More like the su trails off. You don't realize it but in the transition between s and ka, you make a natural 'u' sound.
>>
ah-soo-ka
Don't be a weeb, anon. Pronounce it the American way.
>>
People making these threads clearly don't even watch the shows.
>>152295445
>pronouncing Japanese names in burger
>>
>>152295741
I did watch the anime and the EoE movie, I have the directors cut to prove it.

I just wanted to know if I was doing it right pronouncing it AS-KAH..
>>
>>152294343

Stop watching dubs and hear how its pronounced in the original Japanese.
>>
>>152296096
I never watched the dub.
>>
>>152296143

Then you should know how its pronounced. There's literally a scene where they keep saying her name over and over again.
>>
What the fuck is wrong with americans? Just listen to it in show and repeat. It's that simple
>>
>>152294453
the "U" in a Japanese syllable can be a Latin-style "oo" or an English-style U "uh", and the Japanese tend to syncopate (leave out) their "uh" phonemes
>>
>>152294343
Us-Kah. ""U" in "su" is almost silent.
>>
File: assbeast.jpg (1MB, 2000x2836px) Image search: [Google]
assbeast.jpg
1MB, 2000x2836px
ASSか
>>
Like Celia Cruz says asucar.
AH SUH CAH
>>
>>152294453
What >>152296925
said. Most of the time, the -u is dropped in from -u sounds in Japanese, except for t sounds where sometimes the o is dropped. That's why many people say "dess" instead of "desu," that's probably the easiest example to catch.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.