[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>angels are actually evil every fucking time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 219
Thread images: 22

File: 20.png (270KB, 904x1300px) Image search: [Google]
20.png
270KB, 904x1300px
>angels are actually evil
every fucking time
>>
Angels do some nasty shit even in the bible.
>>
BIG
FAT
GODDESS
TITS
That being said, what a garbage thread.
>final page as the OP
>NnT not mentioned
Sage. Lurk more and try better next time.
>>
Religion is always bad. The military is always bad.

Unless it's a story that focuses solely on one of them, and even then the upper echelons are almost always corrupt.
>>
>>152280196
>>
It seemed like both the archangel as well as the titty goddess were both more or less human sized, although we didn't see them standing next to anyone. Maybe they can change size at will?
>>
How is killing the demons a bad thing? How does this make him evil?
>>
>>152280196
Lawful evil. Just like in real life religions if you look at them from a human perspective rather than God == good.
>>
>>152280196
Lawful good =/= lawful nice
>>
>>152280637
Good people don't make evil faces in manga.
>>
>>152280728
Read Angel Densetsu.
>>
>>152280196
Have you read the bibile? The angles aren't good from human perspective. They are amoral assholes who will wipe humans out of existance for palrty reasons.
>>
>>152280637
angels probably started the war or something. unless i missed something
>>
>>152280738
>Angel Densetsu
Kitano is an exception.
>>
>>152280822
He is not the only exception.
>>
I like how Nakaba is already building up the next set of villains, but you have to wonder what kind of an effect this will have on the current conflict. Mel will probably have some kind of a showdown with Zeldris which will likely involve the remaining Commandments and the powered-up Sins as well, but I could totally see the goddesses starting shit right after or maybe even during the fight. The kind of interlude we got after the end of the Liones arc would be a little redundant.
>>
>>152280807
Could you say they are they a little obtuse?
>>
Is Rou somehow connected to Ban?
Too much similarities in behaviour and appearance to be just a coincidence.
Reincarnation again?
>>
>>152280637
Demons in nanatsu aren't inherently bad. They were most likely provoked by angels.
>>
>>152281220
Reincarnation obviously
>>
>>152281518
Don't use emoticons on /a/.
>>
>>152281518
He looks like a complete faggot though.
Wonder if Mel already kicked his ass once.
>>
File: 5467868767.png (461KB, 905x1300px) Image search: [Google]
5467868767.png
461KB, 905x1300px
>>152281518
Still not sure if he or she.
>>
>>152281248
Pretty much.
Too me they seem to be more chaotically neutral rather than evil.
>>
Season 2 when? Do you think they're going to make another 24 episode one and end it with either Mel's death or the 10C being BTFO in Liones or do you reckon they'll just make it 36 episodes and adapt the entire arc?
>>
>>152281810
>deadfish
>>
>>152280898
I guess is going to be

-Commandments Arc
-Angels Arc (they were the true villains!)
-Demon King Arc (just kidding, he is the real big baddie who played both sides)
>>
File: 18.png (520KB, 900x1300px) Image search: [Google]
18.png
520KB, 900x1300px
>>152281810
As long as at one point we see this, I don't care how they do it.
>>
>>152280196
Angels are Lawful neutral, Demons are Chaotic Neutral. They are still on the opposite end of a spectrum.
>>
>>152280449
To be honest the upper echelons of everything are almost always corrupt
>>
>>152281695
She is Guila's mom.
>>
>>152281971
Unless they wear big hats.
>>
>>152281862
More like Commandments arc, ending with Zeldris vs Mel, and right after it, or during it, Demon King arc, then the Godess arc.
>>
>>152282047
Damn never noticed this. The power of hats is astounding.
>>
> Angels are best girl
>>
>>152280443
Since Nerobasta is here, and she mentioned the war crimes, I guess Ludociel's plan will involve killing the demon children.
>>
>>152281518
>>152281695
It's probably a he.

But I swear, if they don't have God be a big tittied waifu of the purest and highest quality... my dick will be upset.

Or maybe they'll make God a loli angel, as they are truly the most pure.
>>
File: 1220104109790.jpg (63KB, 441x442px) Image search: [Google]
1220104109790.jpg
63KB, 441x442px
>Genocidal Angels

What a shocking twist
>>
>>152282242
>inb4 God is a shota and that's why the angels can do as they please because he's just a brat surrounded by big breasted Christmas cakes
>>
>>152282312
Well, not all of them are. Eli is a pacifist, and Jenna and Zanelli are kind too. Even Nerobasta didn't like the idea of comitting war crimes. So far, the only truly jerk godess we meet is Ludociel.
>>
File: 1473673531681.jpg (50KB, 401x211px) Image search: [Google]
1473673531681.jpg
50KB, 401x211px
>>152282242

There's no way God is going to be a loli instead of a shota, do you even nakaba?
>>
>>152280196
For what, because they're trying to destroy another race who want to destroy humans and the other clans? Seems fair to me.
>>
>>152282463
Demons in NnT aren't inherently evil and it was never shown, said or implied that they started the war with other.
>>
>>152280196
>Oh no how dare Angels want to kill their enemies a bloo bloo bloo poor demons :c

Man, fuck this shit.

Meliodas only gives a shit because the pussy he likes is the one from an angel. He wouldn't give a shit otherwise.
>>
>>152282463
Nerobasta explained it.
>Demons want the land's magic
>They have a war with the Godesses
>Ends with a peace treaty
>Goddesses betray the treaty, sneak attack the demons and ask for the assistance of the other clans
Goddesses seem more evil here. The anger of the demons is justified.
>>
>>152280196
Why do angels need to be good?
>>
Do you think Camelot still looks the same now that it has been the main base of the 10C for however long the timeskip was? They might have done some remodeling.
>>
>>152280196

It's been obvious it was going in this direction since Ban was consulting with that Goddess who told him to kill Meliodas.

The later fight between Meliodas and "from the ass" demon chick kinda confirms it (I hope she survived). Final arc will probably be SDS + 10 Commandments (what's left of them) vs 4 Archangels + God (?).

Meliodas will probably kill the Demon King. Which will lead to the real bad coming out.
>>
>>152280196
Angels are basically overpowered law enforcement. If you look at it from an objective view, most religions are like a tyranny enforced with the threat of eternal pain. Of course this is because the purpose of most religions was to serve as a tool for the authority in their country or land or whatever. Look at specifically Islam and Christianity. Both religions were used under the power of the leaders of their people to move the masses to war, construction, or simple obedience. Whether you think that's wrong or not is up to you, but the fact that it serves as a tool to move peoples minds when physical force cannot is a fact. A few communities of thought that vall themselves religious are peaceful in nature, but they are few and do not tend to worship some higher being as some kind of powerful ruler. An almost perfectly direct connection between fear based religions and state power exists. The religion may change as the people who follow fall out of favor or change it's teachings dramatically, but the effects of the original purpose remain, even if the followers end up being ignorant country people who would like to consider themselves as rebellious and without need for rule.
>inb4 hurr that's edgy *tips fedora*
>>
>>152282430

He likes both, so it can go both ways tbqh.

If Demon King is a shota
God will be a busty ara ara neechan

Or DK is a loli and God is Ban 2.0.
>>
>>152282578
I get the feeling that the point is gonna be something like:
>Both Demons AND Goddesses eat souls to survive
>Originally there was some kind of balance
>Something pushes the demons out of the balance
>Ends with "peace treaty"
>Goddesses turn the tables on them and exterminate the demons
>Goddesses basically get dominion on all the souls

Goddesses just didn't want to share for whatever reason.
>>
>>152283006
Cute post, until you realize that a populace without religion is more violent and tyranical then the religious one.
>>
>>152282531
>Demons in NnT aren't inherently evil
I love this meme
>>
>>152282531
>>152281248
>>152281763
>Had an entire arc of Demons killing innocent humans
>Demons aren't bad guise
>>
>Seven deadly sins
>Ten Commandments
>Angels are not called The four virtues

Come one Nakabe
>>
>>152283417
>demons get fucked up by the Goddess clan and humans big time
>decide they want revenge
>>
>>152283483
>It was just a prank bro!
>>
>>152283343
Well, he's right.
>>
when's the last time the angels were the good guys in anime/manga
>>
>>152280196

You know shit's hit the fan when Nakaba actually has to use screen tone.
>>
So it's SMT alignments then?

Heaven wants a peaceful dictatorship, Demons want a society where everyone has full freedom (to be violent as fuck)
>>
>>152283585
In Angel Densetsu.
>>
>>152283417
>innocent humans
they literally joined the angels.
no wonder they got fucked
>>
>>152282987

A lot of the commandments died far too easily.

Can see them getting redemption arcs
>>
I don't mind that but was the retarded evil face even necessary?
>>
>>152283331
Less obedient perhaps, but definitely not as fanatical. Tell me, where is it that you see this populace? Do you realize the extent of blood shed in the name of religion? Or are you just saying shit you pulled out of your ass because you believe that religion is good and don't want to believe it could be otherwise? Oh, and the very nature of using force to control others is what makes religion tyrannical. What I saw as a problem was not religion itself, but the tyrannical nature of it. Thus I do of course see tyranny as the main issue, with or without religious affiliation. I never said only religion was wrong, or even that it was the worst, but just being the least bad doesn't make something good. Personally since I see extreme control of others as a bad thing, any system that uses force to control it's populace is a problem. This includes having a system to control the populace in the first place. A populace being hard to control is not a bad thing in my eyes, although I'm sure many would disagree. There's nothing wrong with people wanting liberty from those who control them.
>>
>>152283585
Konosoba by overthrowing Aqua who dumps WMDs into fantasy Australia.
>>
>>152283735

He's blind/doesn't open his eyes and he's mixing pleasure with fury. Always going to result in a weird grimace.

One thing Nakaba does well is show multi-layered emotions well through simple face expressions.
>>
File: 02.png (221KB, 904x1300px) Image search: [Google]
02.png
221KB, 904x1300px
>2017
>still not thinking Diane is a miracle of the universe

Also

>next season of the anime will probably end before naked dancing Diane

At least we'll get toned as fuck Matrona
>>
>>152283690
>>152283483
>>152283543
>3000 years ago in the time of legends some ancient humans sided with the angels against the demons
>ergo genocide is entirely justified in the present day

Pretty sure the demons aren't supposed to be the good guys here. Neither are the angels. It's a case of two heavenly/helly groups of people dicking mortals over because they can.
>>
File: 1366369312647.jpg (52KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1366369312647.jpg
52KB, 250x250px
>>152283776
>any system that uses force to control it's populace is a problem

If you are an anarchist just tell me so I can stop wasting my "breath" on you.

As for your other point pic related
>>
>>152282987
It would be a better plot if Meliodas and the sins beating up god lead to the demon king becoming the final boss
>>
>>152281695
>>>/wsg/1489123
>>
>the goddesses are just regular sized and not incredible titty behemoths

This makes me sad.
>>
>>152283006
That isn't really objective since most religions don't have a concept of "eternal hell".
>>
>>152280702
>Thinking that the will of divinity doesn't possess supreme moral decision rights over men.
No crosses for you.
>>
I think the people talking about how the demons aren't really that evil forget that Mel doesn't think too highly of them. Normal Mel was pretty angry at Gloxinia and Dolor for joining the demon side and demon mode Mel just outright slaughtered Derrierie and Monspiet. If the son of the demon king and a central figure in the entire conflict between the races dislikes the demon clan, chances are they aren't all that great. At the very least you'd be pretty hard pressed to find a better authority on the subject.
>>
>>152284119
Go read Godspeed and you'll get your fill of giant tittied angels
>>
>>152284003
I'm not a political anarchist, I just don't believe in powerful systems that control others. The truth is anarchy is not a political view but a lifestyle of one individual. It seems we have different ideals I suppose, we won't be able to see eye to eye.
>>
>>152280702
>murdering family members, friends and houseguests was a sin in ancient Hellenic religion
>"clearly Zeus is the bad guy here because he dicked that chick that one time"

Most of the myths have Zeus fucking Apollo or his parents over rather than random humans. Considering that Zeus seems to actively hate and try to fuck with Apollo constantly to the point of killing two of Apollo's kids- his own grandkids- and taking Hercules' side when Hercules was trying to steal Apollo's oracle I'd say that Apollo got it worse than humanity did.
>>
>>152284156
You make the mistake of conflating the Christian God with the concept of gods as a whole. In religions that worship multiple gods there's usually some pretty nasty ones mixed in there. Not every one of them can be considered good or even an authority. The ancient Greek gods were pretty much like poorly behaved humans with super powers.
>>
>>152282964
>They might have done some remodeling
I guess they blew up every building except for the castle.
>>
>>152282423
>Well, not all of them are.
You can say that about any group. Doesn't matter when the head honchos are evil and they control the armed forces.
>>
>>152284352
This is incorrect in the context of Hellenic religion. To many- and even to philosophers- many of the actions of the Greek gods seemed reprehensible. However the actual doctrine of Hellenism held that Zeus was the upholder of fate and order in the universe, and therefore he always gets the last word. It is irrelevant if he can be a dick sometimes because his job is much more important than yours and everything would fall apart if he just fucked off somewhere permanently.
>>
>>152283776
Name one nation with true freedom and liberty inb4 muh murica.
>>
>>152284417
So he's morally good because he's important?
>>
>>152283331
Proof? There are no populace of significant size we could observe.
>>
>>152284424
Somalia
>>
File: 1436131233532.jpg (24KB, 433x410px) Image search: [Google]
1436131233532.jpg
24KB, 433x410px
>>152284475
Are you being retarded on purpose?
>>
>>152283006
>Of course this is because the purpose of most religions was to serve as a tool for the authority in their country or land or whatever.
Best example is Constantine. He choose Christianity for Rome over the previous religion, because control is easier through one church, than every deity having temples and priests of it's own. He himself never converted to Christianity.
>>
>>152284529
Which country doesn't have any kind of religion?
>>
>>152284196

That was seinen grimdark, the angels got replaced by fat buddha guy and it got cancelled really quickly.

Then The Promised Neverland comes out with shit art and does almost the same thing and is hugely successful...
>>
Where did the demons live before the war? The pillar of light in this chapter seems to be a portal to the heavens so that's probably were the goddesses reside, but how about the demons? Do they have their own underground/hell realm? Considering that Mel's spirit went to see the Demon King in purgatory while his body remained in the Boar's hat, I'm guessing that these realms aren't necessarily physical in nature.

>>152284355
I was thinking more along the lines of unique demonic architecture and such. If you look at the other races they all seem to have slightly different living arrangements, with humans living in towns, fairies in the forest and giants inside what looks like a hollowed out cubical mountain.
>>
So let me guess, Meliodas sealing them was a case of mercy which prevented the goddess clan from outright genociding the demons.
>>
File: 1355351929657.jpg (85KB, 540x785px) Image search: [Google]
1355351929657.jpg
85KB, 540x785px
>>152284666
You seriously don't recognize the person I keep posting in my images?
>>
>>152280898
One thing I hate is when new villains decide to pop up after the current ones have already been defeated. I like how Nakaba builds up future villains while we're still dealing with the current.

Btw, I wouldn't even find this thread because OP decided not to label it a NnT one. Seems the break made you idiots forget how to make a thread.
>>
>>152284160
Glox and Dolor were his friends, their betrayal is personal. As for Derrierre, he said his former self would try to spare them, but now his papa ate his feelings and is a lot more cruel.
>>
>>152283729
"died"
Hahahaha
>>
>>152284814
Despite being communists, the USSR still had a strong orthodox church.

Also you're equating dictatorship with atheism, which simply makes you look like a retard.
>>
>>152284666
The Antarctica
>>
So what do think of our new Great Holy Knight, Howzer?
>>
>>152285016
Name one country in Antarctica.
>>
>>152284814
Come on, the people of Soviet Russia didn't stop being religous with a snap of Stalin's fingers. The state stopped aiding the chuch, even actively opposing them, but that doesn't mean everyone became atheists. If Soviet Russia existed today, and there would be no connection with the outside world, after generations religion would maybe disappear. Our closest guess is North Korea, but there the head of state already reached God status in the eyes of people through brainwashing. I guess after a while, Stalin would be regarded as a deity and had a religion centered around him.
>>
never trust angels
>>
>>152280196
Not reading the thread, is this that sins stuff mangacwith a giantess that got the blonde bitch redesigned to be plain and shit instead of aggrobitch half nude she was in the oneshot?
>>
>>152284469
He is not morally good, but he is basically God, without him, you are no more. Besides, not Even God is morally good in the Bible. Just think about how many people died with the Flood. And don't tell me only Noe's family were good guys on the whole planet. Also, God has no problem with incest.
>>
>>152284895
I get that Glox and Dolor were his friends but if he doesn't hold the opposing side in contempt there would be no reason to get angry. Outside of his demon mode he's extremely chill. Hendy(albeit under Fraudrin's influence) destroyed the kingdom, killed loads of people including Zaratras whom Mel was friends with, unsealed the demons and tried to kill Elizabeth but Mel forgives him instantly. Hell, Merlin's comment implied that Mel would have even let Fraudrin live if he hadn't lost his emotions. Or you could think back to Ban betraying him and trying to kill him. If there's a good reason he's not even going to hold hard feelings. Clearly the demons are pretty deplorable in his eyes.
>>
>>152284768

>Commandments kill elizabeth defending the demons from a spell she was casting
>Mel goes into a rage and wipes out all the demons and stuns the commandments
>blind mofo appears
>"As punishment for killing a goddess, you shall all be cursed never to have happiness again and will become the demons you all seem to care about so much"
>"as for you Mel, I always knew you had demon blood in you, I can't let someone who poses such a threat to live. Time to send you to your father"
>>
>>152284702
We saw one little piece of Demon architecture in the chapter where Fraudrin told Gowther that Mel deflected in a flashback. I would say it's probably a cross between human and giant.
>>
>>152285053

God I hope the holy knights get a power boost to make them relevant again.
>>
>>152285108
>>152284999

You really are dumb, the crimes committed under communism (some 120M killed) were not done under any religious doctrine.

In comparison any crime perpetuated under religious doctrine is miniscule.

It doesn't matter that the entire populace might not have been atheistic, what matters is that the populace that declared themselves atheistic committed heinous acts on a never before or after seen scale.
>>
>>152285180

Yes. You should read it, it's a fun OTT shounen that kinda has the feel of early Dragonball.

And Diane is a miracle of the universe.
>>
>>152280196
hello Rezo from Slayers
>>
>>152285222
you just know this will happen
>>
>>152285342
Really?
So we are forgetting about the crusades and the current terrorist shit?
>>
>>152285342
>In comparison any crime perpetuated under religious doctrine is miniscule.
Witch huntings, Crusades, killing people just becausethey said the sun doesn't orbit Earth, etc
And communism's crime weren't committed in the name of atheism.
>>
File: he was good boy he dindu nuffin.png (132KB, 755x402px) Image search: [Google]
he was good boy he dindu nuffin.png
132KB, 755x402px
>character has an attack literally called Evil Breath
>"the demons aren't really evil"
Never change /a/.
>>
>>152285342
the catholics accidentally made the black plague worse because they thought cats were the fucking devil.
that alone slightly beats the commies
>>
>>152285485
What's the original japanese?
>>
>>152285339
The only way that would make sense is if there was some kind of a weakening seal placed on them, but considering how the humans were totally wrecked even in the flashback this is pretty unlikely. The best we can ask for are some mid-tier enemies for the holy knights to take on, like the BIG FAT GODDESS TATS.
>>
>>152283931

Either they do 2 separated cours or they will animate the whole Commandments Saga.

Season 1 Covered 13 volumes.
>>
>>152285465
Not that guy, but the crusades, the spanish inquisition and the current terrorist attacks combined didn't kill more than 3-4 million people.
>>
>>152285342
>(some 120M killed)
Who mostly were Soviets themselves.

>what matters is that the populace that declared themselves atheistic committed heinous acts on a never before or after seen scale.
You really think the people took up their pitchforks and went hunting religious people? And again, most of the population was religious. Those who comitted those crimes were the handful of higher ups.
>>
Is this implying that the demon mooks are somewhat brainwashed?And Eli freed them?
>>
>>152283931
>naked dancing Diane
wut?
>>
>>152285972

Diane has been dancing naked practicing her earth magic.
>>
>>152280196
>Wanting to exterminate literal demons
>evil
No it isn't. Demons are evil beings that do evil things, exterminating them is justified and for the benefit of all of creation.
>>
>>152285777
That's true, but you have to factor in the population of the whole world. 120 million now is a lot less percentage of the world than it is of the populace of the middle ages.
At the times of the Spanish Inquisition and the Crusades, the world population was about 350 million, while after WWII, it was about 3 billion.
>>
>>152282312
Twist? That's the original trope. Angels have always been genocidal.
>>
>>152285839
More like she told them Mel is here and they agreed that peace is the best option today. I wonder if this is what Mel referenced to Ban back at Vaizel with the "she converted a whole demon army."
>>
>>152280196
I know that the author is trying to show a "gray" conflict where both sides are bad, but I'm not buying it.
The demons are fucking demons who are clearly evil and are constantly doing fucked up things to other tribes and people. There are no innocent demons, there are no "good" demons.
That's like saying that America is evil for trying to exterminate ISIS.
>>
File: 10932419891328434210.png (981KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
10932419891328434210.png
981KB, 1280x720px
>>152280196
>All religious organizations are immoral
>Religious people are misguided or just sociopathic
>Gods/angels or any supernatural creatures, if they exist in the setting, are also evil
>Secular governments are always benevolent. And so are secular people and secular politicians.
I'm not even religious and it has become cliche how much Japan seems to love this pro-secularist message. I once carried disdain for religion and its followers, but then I researched history and discovered that the people I admired the most were religious, many of whom were even Jewish.

History is full of people from all sides of the conflict and walks of life that are what we would consider immoral, including secularists. Or are we just going to let secular ideologies, such as eugenics, Social Darwinism, State Atheism, secular nationalism, and other violent non-religious belief systems, get a pass?

Now when I read material from either side of the spectrum that seems to promote their personal view of life as objective, I can't help but see a naive mindset by an author/writer to claim that religious followers are malevolent, while secularists are benevolent, or vice versa. It just ignores the complexities of humanity and even the fundamental nature of morality itself.
>>
>>152285839
They've always seemed pretty much mindless, but maybe the demon king is controlling them? We still don't really know the composition of the demon clan. We know that the king is in charge and that he has children and that demons die from old age and that members of the other clans can become demons. In order for them to have some kind of society it would be necessary for there to be individuals doing all the farming(unless they only eat souls or magical energy) and building and such, but the red/grey/blue demons don't really seem capable of that. Does that mean there's an entire group of more "normal" demons? That would make the colored ones the equivalent of livestock.
>>
>>152286373
Yeah, Platinum's End and other Manga involving religion clearly based on Christianity has similar problems.
>>
>>152286373
I think it's because Japan has never really had the idea of All-Loving or benevolent gods. The religions they've been exposed to and practiced over the centuries have either gods that do assholish things all the time or neutral gods.
>>
>>152286498
Nerobasta did mention killing women and children.
>>
>>152286367
>evil and are constantly doing fucked up things to other tribes and people
They never attacked first. The Goddesses asked the other clans to attack the demons and they were targeted after that.

>That's like saying that America is evil for trying to exterminate ISIS.
They are not evil because of that, they are evil because they created incidents which led to the creation of ISIS. Muslim extremist would exist without America of course, but the constant meddling in the Middle east helped those extremist gain popularity.
>>
>>152286373
for japanese media that only works when the religion isn't shintoism

christian church being some sort of grey or outright malicious organizaion is a trope common to most modern fiction
it's just in trend right now, pendulum effect from the times church stuff was socially sacred, trends will probably change relatively soon.
>>
File: 1484361295959.png (176KB, 973x1372px) Image search: [Google]
1484361295959.png
176KB, 973x1372px
remove God
>>
>>152286700
>They never attacked first.
So? How does that justify committing genocide against the humans? Especially since any humans that wronged you died 3000 years ago.

That anon was wrong to use ISIS as an example. The difference between muslims and demons is that muslims are normal people, some can be good, some can be bad. Demons however are ALWAYS bad, they're inherently evil by nature. And some members of other species can be corrupted and turn into evil demons themselves. Unless we see a "good" demon, exterminating them is justified.
>>
>>152284814
>>152284529
Uou are mistaken if you think that my point was that religion alone is bad. What I was saying was that it is the controlling nature of religion that makes it a threat to the free mans liberty. Of course it is not the only system that controls like this, it is just one example. But my point was more like, while not all controlling systems are religious, almost all religions are controlling.
>>
>>152286373
Using goddesses as the enemy in a fictional work is not a statement against religion in general any more than having a female villain is a statement against women or femininity. I'm not an expert on Shinto, but I doubt the Japs even have the same kind of outlook on the concept of divinity as those raised in Judeo-Christian societies do.

>many of whom were even Jewish
What does this have to do with anything? The way you phrased that suggests you have or at least had something against the Jews, you filthy goy.
>>
>>152286844
Reminder that we only seen soldiers of the demons, and not the everyday populace. And even Fraudrin was capable of love, as seen with Griamore.
>>
>>152286518
totally forgot about platinum end. time to catch up
>>
>>152286633
I mean the Judeo-Christian god was a very vengeful god until they started to retcon and justify his vengeance. Pretty much the whole point of going to church is for someone to explain why god wasn't just being a dick, then apply it to modern day interpretations.
>>
>>152284424
By the nature of freedom, saying that it can be given to you by a government is an oxymoron. No one else can grant you freedom, freedom is a way of living your own life. It's choosing to do what you want even if others attempt to or use force against you. Same with anarchy, it's not a system, it's just saying no when others tell you to submit to their rule. Yeah, you might die in the process. That's part of the deal I guess.
>>
I hope this flashback isn't just going to be about giving King and Diane a powerup but actually covers a little more, like Mel's betrayal, Gowther's identity and Merlin's origins.
>>
we're not lawfags
>>
>>152285644
>Season 1 Covered 13 volumes.
Yeah, because they rushed the fuck out of it, cutting a whole bunch of things out and creating plot holes.
>>
>>152286874
>I doubt the Japs even have the same kind of outlook on the concept of divinity

Some still stand by the Emperor's line being that of Demi-gods descendant from the goddess Amaterasu. Back in the 1940s and prior all of them did. Pretty much it would be as if Jesus had a traceable linage.
>>
File: plus 20 AR.jpg (129KB, 807x603px) Image search: [Google]
plus 20 AR.jpg
129KB, 807x603px
>Russia
>not religious
>they don't know
Is there really no english site about glorious modern Russia for US people? About ridiculous laws, witch hunting, censorship etc?
>>
>>152285558

Dark evil murder roar breath cannon of death chaos X
>>
>>152281895
I was first thinking it would end with Mel's death, but maybe we're going further than that.
>>
So are demons an actual race? Members of other tribes can apparently become demons.
>>
>>152287231
/pol/ has invaded.
>>
>>152284424
It's an ideal and ideals are subjective. It's why we have prisons.
>>
>>152284424
Factually America. Answers like "muh perfect libertarian community" are memes and stupid.
>>
>>152287259
But like I said, the Shinto gods aren't viewed as benevolent all-loving figures that never do anything wrong. At least I don't think so, I could be wrong. Am I wrong?
>>
>>152287311
Mel's death is too much of a cliffhanger. It's either the defense of Liones or ideally a 3-cour adapting the entire arc, but aside from Jojo I can't even remember the last time I saw a 3-cour show.
>>
>>152284469
>dude the king is so mean, we should kill him
>oh no now the country is collapsing into anarchy because of civil war because we murdered the royal family, who knew this would happen?

Not a perfect analogy but Zeus is the guy who ensures natural law is upheld and thus you don't die due to god deciding not to do his job. Zeus deciding to fuck your girlfriend is because you owe him.
>>
>angels are seemingly nice but evil
>demons are dicks but not completely evil

>church is corrupt and has ulterior motives
>non organized religion is the correct belief

>empire is the bad guys
>kingdom is the good guys

>literally every non-officer soldier in a military is a mindless drone
>killing the general means you win the war
>>
File: Satan_(Devilman).jpg (26KB, 306x332px) Image search: [Google]
Satan_(Devilman).jpg
26KB, 306x332px
>>152280196
Blame him/her for making all angels looking bad
>>
>>152287430
A libertarian community would be fine, but they'd have to be small and still have some rules like don't take without asking from other members, don't kill. Large nations as a whole were a mistake, there's no way hundreds of millions of people can agree. It's fucking stupid. Realistically a group no larger than 1,000 is ideal for a community.
>>
>>152286184
>>152285465
>le crusades!

I think it's clear you don't know what you're talking about/are 16.
>>
File: 864.jpg (30KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
864.jpg
30KB, 640x480px
>>152287529
>>
>>152287559
Enlighten us oh mighty one.
>>
>>152287503
>>demons are dicks but not completely evil
Except they totally are completely evil, we've seen no evidence of otherwise.
>>
>>152287546
That's why the American republic is a federation.
>>
>>152287503
>both angels and demons are dicks
>nephilins are the only bros
>>
>>152287591
Speedreader go home.
>>
>>152287678
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLZOFZggG4w
>>
>>152287383
i'm not that shitty board, just not a fan of floating bald man >>152287576
>>
>>152287624
Yeah, but even then the states, even the individual counties, are too big. And it's not like the states aren't slowly becoming more and more assimilated. Unfortunately the countries have become too big to fix anything in a short amount of time. It would require many decades to undo. The world as a whole will likely remain as it is for now. But that doesn't mean a small community couldn't exist outside of currently existing nations. After all, it's not their problem whether the rest of the world follows their ideology or not. For people who like big nations, they van have that, but it would be nice to create a small community existing outside of national borders.
>>
>>152287759
Me neither.
>>
>>152287294
>Japanese name roughly translates to Darkdeath Evilman
>English translation is Karmadios
Fucking Niggerstream
>>
>>152283981
You know Germany still have to pay reparation to the Jews and American still have to pay welfare to blacks.

Your debt doesn't go away because you die.
>>
>>152287324
The New Generation didn't became demons, just demonic beasts. And Glox and Dolor are still pretty much fairy and giant. Now we even know that the 4 arms thing and the grey skin is original and not a demon thing. So probably they are a normal race.
>>
>>152280196
The entire point of Angels is to convey Gods will

God only has 2 standpoints on human. Love and genocide.

When in Love mode Angels observe. When in genocide mode Angels intervene
>>
>>152287971
There's a HUGE difference between events that happened less than 200 years ago and 3000 years ago.
Is Rome paying reparations to Carthage?
>>
>>152286874
I think he's reminding anons here that even the Jews that are hated by many Muslims, Christians, and even Atheists (Israeli politics), online and offline, can be moral people, too.
>>
>>152286373
And worst of all
>People enter an alternate reality that never had religions
>It somehow is more advanced and downright utopian
This atheist wet-dreams however never elaborate how some early-babarian tribes united on long-terms without a common cultural factor. Or how intellectuals got feed through primitive ages without an institution providing housing, education and food like medieval monasteries.
>>
>>152288287
Fucking this.
>>
We SMT now
>>
>people still read nanatsu

top kek

At least when you started Naruto you were probably a preteen there's no excuse for shit shonens now
>>
>>152288078
and this is why nobody liks human, they just think they can conveniently forget about shit they've done just because a couple thousand years have passed
>>
>>152287281
As someone who was born there, I fucking wish Russia was still a commieland. The regime was abhorrent, but it was mostly rational and predictable. The current Russia is a post-truth madhouse where the state is imprisoning people for hurting religious believers' feelings in a chat room while the state media spews "nuke all outsiders" propaganda 24/7.
>>
>>152288078
Because Carthage is dead. The only way to get out of it is killed everyone who involve.

The Angel understand it and try genocide the demons, even the babies. No amount of happy wishing from either the human or the Goddess is going to stop the demons.
>>
>>152287146
Absolute freedom invites chaos. Human beings are terrible and cannot be trusted to not be fuck-ups. If you want absolute freedom, you're gonna need to move away to the middle of a jungle. Want to live in a city? Then be willing to sacrifice some of that freedom to be part of a functioning society.
>>
>>152288078
Demons live for about a thousand years. It was three generations ago for them. And since they were sealed, it feels like yesterday.
>>
>>152288078
Seeing their long lifespan, it was yesterday for them.
>>
>>152288287
>however never elaborate how some early-babarian tribes united on long-terms without a common cultural factor.
Natural enemies. Animals. Hunger, disaster, etc.
>Or how intellectuals got feed through primitive ages without an institution providing housing, education and food like medieval monasteries.
People that are kind to each other? I know it's hard to understand, but you can be kind to another person without fearing you will burn forever.
Maybe the world had resources in abundance? Maybe it was successful socialism?
>>
>>152288679
>Maybe it was successful socialism?
the genre is fantasy but let's not get ahead of ourselves
>>
>>152288724
I thought we were talking hypothetically. Might be high-fantasy.
>>
>>152288480
I never said I wasn't going to be a fuck-up, or not be chaotic. I don't have naive beliefs like thinking I can do whatever I want without consequences. But if I accept that I can do whatever I want and that I'll have to deal with the people and consequences that find my actions distasteful, so be it. I'm not saying everyone would get along, I'm saying I don't care whether or not everyone gets along. I'll do what I want, if that does happen to conflict with other peoples agenda, I'll face those obstacles as they come. And if I die, that's my own fault. I don't mind a chaotic humanity, chaos is, if you'll mind the edge, exciting. If chaos is human nature, then let us be chaotic. Make yourself a robot workforce if you want complacent machines that won't fight you or each other.
>>
>>152280920
No, that guys an idiot, angles are always right, even if they go over board a little
>>
>>152288810
They're correct, that doesn't make them right.
>>
>>152288810
>angles are always right
common core everyone
>>
>>152288861
Shut up Shirou
>>
File: mastema.jpg (31KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
mastema.jpg
31KB, 480x360px
>>152288810
>angles are always right
Gee i wonder who's behind this post?
>>
>>152280196
But the Angels bring the end of the world.
>>
>>152285485
I could only read this as pepper breathe.
>>
>>152288679
>Maybe the world had resources in abundance?
How would that have happened?

Try to convince your Bronze-age tribe to forgo eating all grains you forage to start agriculture.

Try to establish a government that isn't just the strongest persons bullying the others around without resorting to claiming a divine choice.

Try to do anything long-term that requires forgoing short-term benefits while all other tribes just steam-roll you with theirs.

Religion is found in almost all civilizations, it only started to really hold us back 500 years ago.

Saying that we would have gone farther if it never existed is as insightful as saying Butterfly's would get more shit done if they have never been a pupa.
>>
>>152286518
Platinum End has more problems than that
>>
>>152280196
>angels
>anything but bad
reminder that angels have caused more deaths than demons in the bible
>>
>>152286373
>>152288287
Remember that scene when Gil crashed into a church while the followers were praying killing them and he walks it off like "nothing personal". Its like Nakaba trying to say something
>>
>>152289347
>God decides that his successor should be somebody who wanted to commit suicide
>Because Japan has so many suicidal people, the next God must be Japanese
>The best way to determine which of these suicidal people is worthy is by letting them murder each other and giving them the power to be huge dicks that fuck people's lives
>>
>>152289278
>without resorting to claiming a divine choice.
They usually only claim divine origins after they are already leaders. Otherwise no one belives them.

>Religion is found in almost all civilizations, it only started to really hold us back 500 years ago.
100% agree. Without religion, we couldn't kickstart our progress, as it was a powerful controlling device the population needed to survive. But yeah, It's outdated. Kind of like Operating Systems. Without Windows 3.0 we would be held back, But who uses Win 3.0 today?
>>
>>152288941
Which Mastema is that, SJ or IV?
>>
>>152289456
Is this Mirai Nikki 2?
>>
>>152288287
That doesn't mean it was all good
About monasteries, in the middle ages they were fundamental in preserving the knowledge, culture, and history of the classical era
Too bad they were incredibly censorship heavy and a ton of things that went against Christian morals wasn't preserved and at times outright removed from history
>>
Meh, considering this is the guy who made a group called the Seven Deadly Sins good, and the Holy Knights and Ten Commandments bad everyone should've seen it coming
>>
>>152280196
If you read the bible you'd think they were actually evil, too.
>>
In my point of view it is the seven deadly sins that are bad
>>
>>152289999
Holy Knights are good again.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (118KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
118KB, 1280x720px
>>152290576
>>152290576

WELL THEN YOU ARE LOST!
>>
File: Amen.jpg (77KB, 887x1097px) Image search: [Google]
Amen.jpg
77KB, 887x1097px
>>152280196
I hope he pulls out some cool holy shit to smite Demonic scum.
>>
>>152280637
Demons are God's creation, too.
>>
>>152288805
That's sounds fine until your fuck-ups have very real negative consequences on the life of those around you. You keep talking about how it's fine if you die for your ideals, forgetting you mind end up dragging others with you. Part of living in a society is that your never alone and your action have effect on others. Want to be chaotic? Fine go be chaotic in a compound with like-minded individuals away from society.
>>
>>152280637
This those demons were literally just trying to kill them before they got back like what the fuck.
Thread posts: 219
Thread images: 22

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.