[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | | Home]

Storytime: Yu-Gi-Oh! - Road to Darkside of Dimensions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 251
Thread images: 104

Since there's a new YGO movie releasing next month here in the west, I thought it would be cool to dump the original manga which the movie is based off of. For those of you who only ever watched the anime, I highly recommend reading the manga as it's much darker and better written than the anime was imo. There's also none of the fillers you have to deal with. Since the movie is releasing on Jan 27, 2017, I will dump one volume a day leading up to its release.

Starting earlier to make up for yesterday being late. We continue Battle City in volume 28. Let the finals begin!
>>
File: 1.jpg (110KB, 500x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1.jpg
110KB, 500x735px
Starting with shit scans but not all chapters will be shit

Chapter 242
>>
File: 2.jpg (308KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2.jpg
308KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 3.jpg (313KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3.jpg
313KB, 1000x735px
>>
>>152257340
Last thread, if you missed it like I did
>>
File: 4.jpg (309KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4.jpg
309KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 5.jpg (300KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5.jpg
300KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 6.jpg (319KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
6.jpg
319KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 7.jpg (316KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
7.jpg
316KB, 1000x735px
>>
>>152278505
>everyone is too busy attacking each other to attack Yugi

Heh.
>>
File: 8.jpg (339KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
8.jpg
339KB, 1000x735px
>>
>>152278636
>Kaiba and the translator shitting on Jou

Poor guy.
>>
File: 9.jpg (325KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
9.jpg
325KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 10.jpg (306KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
10.jpg
306KB, 1000x735px
>>
>>152278826
>>152278868
BTFO
>>
File: 1.jpg (111KB, 500x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1.jpg
111KB, 500x735px
Chapter 243
>>
File: 2.jpg (333KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2.jpg
333KB, 1000x735px
>>
So I'm not understanding why Marik is such a feared villain.

He only won the duel with Mai because she couldn't read the Ra text and he flat out losses all of his other matches. (Either outright or because of a technicality ala fainting.)
>>
File: 3.jpg (259KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3.jpg
259KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 4.jpg (307KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4.jpg
307KB, 1000x735px
>>
>>152279001
That's part of the point.

As a duelist he was no where near the quality of the others in the finals. Ra's sheer power and multitude of effects carry him big time thought the last part of Battle City.
>>
>>152279001
In-universe? He seemed to have planned for Mai to target his God Card and seemed like he was going to win without it. He intentionally pressured her into using it, after all. There's also the fact that he's pretty crazy and can start up Shadow Games at will, which are pretty dangerous.
>>
File: 5.jpg (287KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5.jpg
287KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 6.jpg (298KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
6.jpg
298KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 7.jpg (298KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
7.jpg
298KB, 1000x735px
>>
>>152279094
This.

He's decent. But the deck he uses is quite the glass cannon in the long run.

It's WAY to dependent on Ra and monster reborn.
>>
>>152279219
>Malik* Ishtar
>T/N: Malik means Marik.
>>
File: 8.jpg (313KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
8.jpg
313KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 9.jpg (297KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
9.jpg
297KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 10.jpg (294KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
10.jpg
294KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 1.jpg (96KB, 500x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1.jpg
96KB, 500x735px
Chapter 244
>>
File: 2.jpg (301KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2.jpg
301KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 3.jpg (322KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3.jpg
322KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 4.jpg (324KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4.jpg
324KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 5.jpg (344KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5.jpg
344KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 6.jpg (318KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
6.jpg
318KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 7.jpg (323KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
7.jpg
323KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 8.jpg (353KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
8.jpg
353KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 9.jpg (327KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
9.jpg
327KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 10.jpg (331KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
10.jpg
331KB, 1000x735px
>>
Chapter 245
>>
>>152279789
>ghost hand flips him off

kek

That's something I'd expect from Pegasus.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>152280055
Pegasus what the fuck.
>>
>>152280012
>"You have five monsters on the field."

>Baby Dragon
>Rocket Warrior
>Panther Warrior

Uh? Even if Viser Des counted, that's still only four, unless that card damages him for every monster on the field.
>>
I really wish Kazuki would come back and do more yugioh manga. These story times make me miss his work, That drump one hsot he did was great, also love transcend game, What kind of stories are still left to tell from the dm verse?
>>
>>
>>152279310
Wasn't that obvious?
>>
>>152280055
>"Blame the designers!"

Pegasus is still fucking with everyone in the afterlife. I love it.
>>
>>
File: 1.jpg (97KB, 500x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1.jpg
97KB, 500x735px
Chapter 246
>>
>>152280097
>Joey uses one of Pegasus' OP cards to beat the other OP card that Pegasus made
>>
>>152280132
Just watch DSOD. Kaz is done with YGO outside of some artwork.
>>
File: 2.jpg (332KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2.jpg
332KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 3.jpg (299KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3.jpg
299KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 4.jpg (311KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4.jpg
311KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 5.jpg (283KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5.jpg
283KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 6.jpg (316KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
6.jpg
316KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 7.jpg (301KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
7.jpg
301KB, 1000x735px
>>
>>152280458
>Activate face-down Trap Card!
>Trap Card

What the fuck? What happened to Jinzo?
>>
File: 8.jpg (286KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
8.jpg
286KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 9.jpg (303KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
9.jpg
303KB, 1000x735px
>>
>>152279933
> card translations are back

Fucking finally.
>>
>>152280564
It's a mistranslation. It's supposed to be a spell not a trap.
>>
File: 1.jpg (118KB, 500x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1.jpg
118KB, 500x735px
Chapter 247
>>
File: 2.jpg (314KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
2.jpg
314KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 3.jpg (303KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
3.jpg
303KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 4.jpg (315KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
4.jpg
315KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 5.jpg (319KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
5.jpg
319KB, 1000x735px
>>
>>152280799
> that typo
> untranslated card names
> english names

Okay, fuck this shit.
>>
File: 6.jpg (304KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
6.jpg
304KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 7.jpg (336KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
7.jpg
336KB, 1000x735px
>>
>>152280799
>Marik's reaction
>>
File: 8.jpg (301KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
8.jpg
301KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 9.jpg (304KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
9.jpg
304KB, 1000x735px
>>
File: 10.jpg (317KB, 1000x735px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
10.jpg
317KB, 1000x735px
>>
Chapter 248
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>
Chapter 249
>>
>>
>>152281027
> Jonouchi had a 2800 atk monster since the beginning and just calls him now

Okay, now this is absolute bullshit, you can't just asspull that, it's way stronger than his supposedly rarer card Red Eyes, the whole point of the tournament is that you had to bet your best card, and he lost RE because of that.
>>
>>152281152
> it's invincible
> but not against effects that can destroy anything

Well, okay.
>>
>>
>>
>>152280118
Malevolent Catastrophe sends all monsters on the field to the opponent's Graveyard, so that includes Viser Des and Gil Garth.
>>
>>
>>152281447
Rarest doesn't mean most powerful. Red eyes could have a higher rarity value than Gilford.
>>
>>
>>152281570
So Marik's cheating using Egyptian magic despite having the disadvantage in the actual card game.

Eh, it's not like Yugi isn't guilty of that too.
>>
>>152281622
It doesn't makes any sense. It's both way stronger and have a strong effect, while Red eyes is just a plain 2400 atk monster. Stronger is rarer.
>>
>>152279425

>he knows he can die in this game

>he still goes onward to save his girl, even if he has almost 0 chance to make it.

Joey definitely deserves the title of the ballsiest man of this manga
>>
>>152281616
>It's beautiful...
Oh Kaiba...
>>
>>
>>152281297
>Kaiba is fully okay with Joey dying just to see how a trading card works

Geez.
>>
>>
>>152281447
Yeah, I have no idea when he could have gotten that card. He bet Time Wizard against Roba, and then Jinzo all the other times.
>>
>>152281657
A massive part of Yami Marik's tactic is combining torture type cards with his shadow game to break his opponent's mind.
>>
>>
>>152281572
But those aren't Joey's monsters and the discard effect only punishes him for his own cards.
>>
Let the salt commence
>>
>>152281570
>"Well, I won't actually win the duel, but I'm going to burn you and stuff."

Marik really does suck at this game.
>>
>>152281809
So if this were regular Marik, he'd lose since he can't rely on mind breaking people.

Well hey, to be fair, Joey managed to beat Rishid using Egyptian magic despite having a disadvantage too, so I guess it's fair.
>>
Chapter 250
>>
>>152281616
Kaiba being a complete sperg about card games will never not be the best thing about this series.
>>
>>152281909
Normal marik probably doesn't even have those torture cards.
>>
>>
>>
>>152281694
>>152281781
>>152281822
>>152281868
I am a literal salt mine right now.

Then again, Joey should have lost to Rishid, so whatever. Why do all of his duels in the finals involve him winning or losing via consciousness?
>>
>>152281868
>>152282037
All things considered, Marik shitting his pants and literally vomiting of fear was still glorious.
>>
>>
>>
>>
>>152282153
>"Yugi, forget about your friend dying and get ready to play a card game."

Kaiba, you are reaching levels of insanity that shouldn't even be possible.
>>
>>
>>
>>152282250
We Hamlet now.
>>
And that ends volume 28. Tomorrow we continue in volume 29.
>>
>>152281838
>the discard effect only punishes him for his own cards
No, it punishes him for every card sent to his Graveyard.
>>
Man, to think that two of the greatest duelists in town rely on mindfucking people and sheer luck. Pegasus was right, anyone can win.
>>
I'm assuming that regular Marik is a better duelist than Dark Marik, if only because his Osiris strategy was better than the way Dark Marik is currently playing.

I could be as good as Dark Marik in a duel, too, if I just brought a gun to my match and shot the other player after playing my best monster.
>>
>>152280140
I love it.
>>
File: gscdmg.jpg (330KB, 1184x788px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
gscdmg.jpg
330KB, 1184x788px
>>152281662
>Stronger is rarer.

No. Stronger is merely stronger. Rarity goes beyond just printed attack levels and effects. It can be affected by how many copies of a certain card exist. Red-Eyes most likely has less copies in circulation than Gilford so Red-Eyes is rarer. Pic related is a promo given out a tournament in 1999 and one of the rarest cards in existence. There are only around 400 of them in the whole world and go upwards of $1000. Yet there are tons of cards stronger than it.

Also keep in mind rarest card is subjective. In Jou's battle against Ryota, Ryota chose to give him Legendary Fisherman which was his rarest card because of how it symbolized his father. Or how Jou bet Time Wizard against Roba because of how Yugi gave it to him and it symbolizes his friendship with Yugi and the tough times it helped him get out of. He could've put up Panther Warrior which is just an overall stronger card. Gilford may be strong but it's not the rarest card from Jou's perspective.
>>
>>152280055
Since Pegasus is dead, then who makes the new cards
>>
>>152282704
His company.
>>
>>152282695
> In Jou's battle against Ryota, Ryota chose to give him Legendary Fisherman which was his rarest card because of how it symbolized his father.

It wasn't his rarest card, just the most symbolic. He bet another card at the start of the fight, symbolism has nothing to do with rarity.

Stop stupid, we're talking about the manga, not about rarity like in real life because it's an old card. Blue Eyes was the rarest because it was the strongest. Gilford is FAR stronger than Red Eyes so of course it should have been the one he bet on. And when you consider the fact that he never ever played it in any battles until now it pretty much confirms it's an asspull.
>>
>>152282868
>Blue Eyes was the rarest because it was the strongest.

No. Masked Beast Des Guardias is stronger than it. Blue-Eyes is just really rare because there are only 4 copies of it on earth. Same thing most likely applies to Red-Eyes as well.

Going back to the strongest card = rare card, then why did he not bet Panther Warrior against Roba but Time Wizard instead? Time Wizard is probably harder to get than Panther Warrior too so it's rarer. Rare =/= Strongest.
>>
>>152281616
Kaiba is what make this series worth reading
>>
>>152283465
> No. Masked Beast Des Guardias is stronger than it.

Card that didn't exist until BC. Same shit as new cards being added that overshadows old cards that were supposed to be the strongest and rarest.

Again we're talking about the fucking manga. Time Wizard is rare because it's stronger than Panther Warrior.
>>
>>152283573
>Time Wizard is rare because it's stronger than Panther Warrior

No it's not. It has way less attack points than Panther Warrior and its effect is a double edged sword that can fuck you over. Panther Warrior is a solid level 4 beater that has no risks associated with it. It's a safer choice and a stronger overall card.
>>
>>152283684
Time Wizard isn't a monster in the manga. Double edged or not it still made him insta win against Mai.
>>
>>152283740
Ok so it's a spell. Then why not bet Giant Trunade instead which is a stronger spell card.
>>
>>152281822
THIS IS BULLSHIT
>>
>>152282153
Kaiba is such an asshole
>>
>>152283684
We're talking about a tournament with the rules made by fucking Kaiba.

You seriously think he cares more about the rarity collection wise rather than the strengh of it? If Kuriboh was unique you really think he would accept having it set as Yugi's bet? He didn't care about the Blue Eyes back then because they were only "rare", but mainly because they were overwhelmingly stronger than anything else.
>>
File: 1484409008939.jpg (184KB, 794x549px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1484409008939.jpg
184KB, 794x549px
>>152281868
Why?
>>
>>152284357
Overused his luck against Rishid.
>>
File: 1483213052153.jpg (25KB, 666x607px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1483213052153.jpg
25KB, 666x607px
>>152281868
>>
>>152280055
>legend devil
more like devilman
>>
>>152284028
>You seriously think he cares more about the rarity collection wise rather than the strengh of it?

To Kaiba he probably cares about strength but he never really specified what he meant by rarest card. What do the other participants measure as what a duelist's rarest card should be? The duels weren't really monitored at all between the participants so you could bet what you thought was your rarest card. Esper Roba had some really cheap cards like Mind Control or Brain Control which is arguably stronger and more effective than Jinzo in duels. Ryota had Torrential Tribute which is a stronger and more effective card than the Fortress Whale or Fisherman.

I don't really think rarest in this case means strongest card you have. It just means you give whatever card you "think" is your rarest.
>>
>>152284906
Whatever, the point being, if Jono uchi really always had Gilford who is both way stronger than his other cards and have a strong effect he would have mentioned it at least once before and he would have played it it, as there is no way it's not a really rare card, it's probably in top 10 of known normal strongest monsters of the manga. It's 100% an asspull.
>>
>>152281868
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>152285060
Sure we never saw the card at all but to be fair, it's not like he straight up summoned it as soon as he drew it. He had to take a gamble with the dice card to get rid of the triple Vizer Des to sacrifice 3 monsters. It also did not win him the game either since Malik had a trap card ready. So I wouldn't classify it as a complete asspull. He just drew a really good card but it wasn't enough to win. As for all his other duels, he never played the card because he probably never drew into it.

The only thing that doesn't really make much sense is why Jounouchi would not consider that his rarest card since it is as you say a very powerful monster. But then that comes back to what he classifies as being "rare"
>>
>>152281868
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: 1484308319970.gif (494KB, 200x200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1484308319970.gif
494KB, 200x200px
If uou think about it, all of the tournament arc is full of aspulls and conveniences.
>Odion Vs Joey: Odion loses only because Marik tells him to summon Ra isntead of beating Joey with his scorpion monster
>Mai Vs Marik: Mai loses only because she gets cocky and decides to end Marik off with Ra. But because Ra needs an egyptian song to wake up she loses.
>Kaiba Vs Izhizu: At the last moment Kaiba decides to use Blue eyes instead of Obelisk to finish Izhizu because he sees some weird vision.
>Joey Vs Marik: Joey loses because Ra's mystic powers.
As you can see the only fair duels in this arc are Yugi Vs Bakura and Kaiba Vs Yugi.
>>
>>152281868
>>152282082
>>152282084
>>152284357
>>152284449
>>152285106
>>152285385
Sure, this was Stressful but it was neccesary. Joey Vs Yugi in the finals would be boring as fuck. No suspense at all
>>
File: 05.png (43KB, 160x179px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
05.png
43KB, 160x179px
>>152285435
Oh and let's not forget Yugi Vs Marik: Yugi only won because Marik's weak side got control over him and decided to surrender.
>>
>>152285435
>Odion loses only because Marik tells him to summon Ra isntead of beating Joey with his scorpion monster

He listened to Marik because he wants to be accepted by the Ishtar clan. To do that he has to summon Ra because that's what Marik wants.

>Mai loses only because she gets cocky and decides to end Marik off with Ra.

Can't really say what happens here. Before summoning Ra she had three Harpies but Malik had Vizer Des which still had its invinciblity effect so she would have to end her turn there and let Malik go. Who knows what cards he had in his hand to play on that turn. Also, the song thing was foreshadowed already when Kaiba said only certain duelists can control god. Mai never had a chance.

>At the last moment Kaiba decides to use Blue eyes instead of Obelisk to finish Izhizu because he sees some weird vision.

Kaiba has a connection with the rod also shown in the final arc. The rod is sentient and has a mind of its own. The rod showed Kaiba the vision to make sure he beats Ishizu and gets to the finals against Yugi so Yugi can beat him and get his god card which helps him get his memories back which is the will of the millennium items.

>Joey loses because Ra's mystic powers.

Again it was already mentioned back before Battle City started the god cards could deal real damage and were too dangerous so Pegasus had to lock them away. Joey is just a regular guy. If anything it's kind of an asspull that he was still able to stand after Ra's attack.
>>
>>152279001
He's feared not because of his duel skills, but because he's a fucking psycho with connections and brainwashing power.
>>
>>152279080
I thought Jonouchi was gonna win this because all Ra marketing in the video games had Joey holding it

I think even an intro had Joey connected to Ra
>>
DSOD theaters have updated so you can see if there's one near you if you weren't able to find one before.

yugiohtickets.com
>>
>>152281868
FUUUCKK YOOOOUUUUU
>>
>>152282550
He doesn't care about winning a card game. He just wants to torture everyone to death. The only time he actually gets serious is in the finals, he's really good then.
>>
>>152285435
don't forget in Yugi vs Kaiba, Yugi summoning Red Eyes for fucking free
>>
>>152287893
Yeah, he felt way stronger fighting Yami than the rest. He had the advantage for pretty much most of the fight.
>>
>>152288265
Nah, that was Flute of Summoning Dragon effect. Both players can summon dragon. Kaiba just didn't know Yugi our Red-Eyes in his deck so you can't fault him for not reading the card.
>>
>>152288386
*put Red-Eyes
>>
Yugioh gx is pretty shit desu

>>152285522

>Joey getting his red eyes back
>Joey's character arc being complete so they can focus on atems next arc
>God cards and their dependence on them getting btfo
>Kaiba getting btfo

Not everything needs to be about the fate of the world
>>
>>152287893

He throws up because he nearly lost to jonouchi
>>
>>152288386
Still bullshit
Not that it matters, Kaiba loses that duel for being a retard and fusing the blue eyes
Had he simply attacked he would have won
>>
>>152288616
Well, losing means losing Ra.
>>
>>152280298
>wow
>tl note: wow means "sugoi"
>>
>>152288499
>Yugioh gx is pretty shit desu
The manga or the anime?
>>
>>152281868
those are the same shoes yugi won for him from that scorpion guy aren't they, he's wearing them in the new movie too neat
>>
>>152282100
>Marik vomiting
>Kaiba finally accepting him
I love it.
>>
>>152289387
This isn't that poster, but I've started reading the GX manga.

It's kind of weird, since it treats stuff from the anime as canon (Judai's duel with Chronos), but also changes up stuff (Judai gets Winged Kuriboh and his E-HERO deck from a pro duelist).

On the other hand, Judai also uses the actually good E-HERO cards like The Heat and Stratos, so it's pretty neat to see. I just wish the characters were doing more than sitting around the school the whole time. I miss how the characters would move around to different places like in the original Yu-Gi-Oh.
>>
>>152288698
>Not that it matters, Kaiba loses that duel for being a retard and fusing the blue eyes
>Had he simply attacked he would have won
Finally, somebody else shares this idea.
I never understood why would somebody like Kaiba even use this card again outside of those DK rules of only one monster per player.
3 individual Blue-eyes White Dragons have a higher damage output than this does, it has never been worth wasting all those cards just to summon it since it always lost in the end.
>>
>>152291254
BEUD is pretty much the Yu-Gi-Oh (original series) poster child of impracticality.
>>
>>152291254
MUH ULTIMATE DRAGON
>>
>>152287321
>Not a single showing in Massachusetts
u wot.
>>
>>152291254
I'd use it if I had Blue-Eyes, Poly, and Defusion lying around. Handing Jaden's ass to him was the best way of showing off the Blue-Eyes combo.
>>
File: MR-21404-360389-2.jpg (150KB, 1200x888px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
MR-21404-360389-2.jpg
150KB, 1200x888px
>>152291131
>>152291706
>>
>>152289387
Also, the Chazz/Manjoume has Light and Darkness Dragon as his main card instead of Ojamas or Armed Dragons.
>>
>>152291254
Kaiba had that duel in the bag had he used final attack orders and then just attacked yugi:
- BTFO red eyes and dark magician
- leave yugi with only 400 LP left

then again, Yugi might have topdecked some bullshit to turn over the tables
>>
>>152292098
Damn, were the tits of that red monster girl always so huge?
>>
>>152292523
>then again, Yugi might have topdecked some bullshit to turn over the tables
No, his next draw was this.
It would have been gg no re. but Kaiba probably would have killed Malik instead of helping him in the final duel.
>>
>>152279001
the anime voice acting did a lot for him
>>
>>152292607
Burstinatrix was pretty busty in the Japanese art, yeah. They censored it for the American version.
>>
>>152292218
Oh thats nice. I fucking hated the Ojamas
>>
>>152292967
From what I can tell so far, here are the decks everyone uses:

>Judai: E-HERO (Terra Firma is his signature fusion. Winged Kuriboh is his spirit monster.)
>Sho: Roid Machines
>Asuka: Ice (Ice Queen is her signature.)
>Manjoume: Dragon (Light and Darkness Dragon is his signature and his spirit monster.)
>Zane: Cyber Dragon, I think?
>Misawa: Multiple Decks

There's also a Planet Archetype of cards. This guy named David showed up using Big Saturn. Apparently, Terra Firma/The Earth is a part of that series.
>>
>>152291254
Kaiba wouldn't have won actually.

So Kaiba has 3 BEWD + LOD on the field and Yugi has DM and Beta. He then gets RE on the field thanks to Flute. The first BE attacks DM. Yugi activates Magic Cylinder and redirects the target to LOD killing it. That's one BE attack gone. Also to note Yugi has Magic Formula which gives DM 500 boost so it's 3000 if he activates it.

The second BE attacks RE but Yugi activates Spellbinding Circle killing it. The last BE attacks Beta and destroys it. Then Kaiba plays two face downs: Poly and Final Attack Orders.

Then it's Yugi's turn he draws Double Spell and plays that plus another card face down. He switches RE to defense but Kaiba activates Final Attack Orders switching all monsters to attack and then both players choose 3 cards from deck and place everything else in the grave.

Kaiba then draws Monster Reborn and plays it bringing back a BE so he has three again.

Now let's ignore him playing Poly. At this point Yugi can just activate Double Spell allowing him to copy any magic cards Kaiba used this turn. He can just copy Monster Reborn and bring BB which would 4100 ATK.

Right now Yugi has 1500 LP. So let's say Kaiba attacks RE. Ok Yugi loses 600 LP so he has 900 left. Then Kaiba attacks with the second Blue Eyes to DM. Yugi just activates Magic Formula and make both their attack tied so they both die. Then of course the last BE can't do shit because Buster Blader still has 3600 ATK. Kaiba has nothing else to play so he loses next turn.
>>
>>152293301
(2/2)

Or we could look at it this way. Kaiba rams one Blue Eyes into BB trying to decrease its atk since manga BB only gains the boost on the opponent field. So he takes the hit and loses 1100 LP so he has 800 LP left. BB has 3600. Then he attacks it again with the second BB and it dies but he loses 600 so he has 200 LP left.

Yugi has 1500 and Kaiba has 200 LP. Kaiba has one BE that can attack either DM or RE. If it attacks RE then Yugi takes 600 so he has 900 LP left. If it attacks DM then it dies because DM can just gain 500 from Magic Formula. So if Kaiba does that then he has nothing on the field and neither does Yugi but all Yugi needs is a monster with more than 200 ATK to win. Odds are in Yugi's favor.
>>
>>152291131
>>152289387
>>152288499
GX's anime wasn't too bad IMO, it suffered from not having a direction so the first 2 seasons were pretty weak but the Supreme King arc wasn't too bad and the last season was really good. It's like the inverse of 5Ds, where it starts off really good and then becomes bad.
>>
>>152282704
He's not really dead
>>
>>152285646
Yugi hesitated numerous times about killing the weaker Marik, it evens out to be honest.
>>
>>152293586
I'm liking the GX manga so far. It starts a little slow, but picks up after Chapter 12.

The main villain seems to be some kind of evil spirit sealed away by Atem back in the Egypt days. He waited until Atem went back to the Memory World and the Millennium Items stopped working to revive himself.

>>152293741
Pegasus is dead in the manga. He only survives in the anime because the writers liked him too much.
>>
File: 1445219880388.jpg (1MB, 830x1200px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1445219880388.jpg
1MB, 830x1200px
Who is the best Blue Eyes?
>>
File: MAX.png (840KB, 477x695px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
MAX.png
840KB, 477x695px
>>152293885
Only one answer
>>
>>152293988
>Blue Eyes
>Dark

Huh.
>>
>>152279247
I wonder what he'd do if someone removed Ra from play.

Or is that what Yugi does in their finals match?
>>
>>152281868
So what's the deal? Was Joey supposed to win considering he was always with Ra and standing with yugi and kaiba in all the promo art.
>>
>>152296960
I don't remember Joey being with Ra in anything aside from Falebound Kingdom, and even then he can't use it.

You sure you're not thinking of Waking the Dragons?
>>
>>152293988
I could kill that thing with my crappy deskbot deck easy.
>>
>>152296960
Jou just needed to finish the attack word to win
but that would have been totally anticlimatic
>>
>>152279351
Wasn't that Bakura's card?
>>
>>152280140
>>152280097
OUTSKILLED
>>
>>152280418
Fucking Kaiba, even when Jou is way better than Marik he still insults him.
>>
>>152280596
>>152280568
Is this legal?
>>
>>152297208
>but that would have been totally anticlimatic
I really don't see how.

I've LITERALLY, in the correct sense of the word, seen anyone who was not platinum mad at Joey losing because of this bullshit.

Joey has been shat on by life since the day he was born but he has always picked himself back up and has grown and grown and gotten better and better. Like >>152288499 said, Joey beating Marik, the arc's villain, would be the culmination of his growth as a character.
>>
>>152298516
Yes.

>>152297208
>>152298638
Honestly, I think it would have been better if

>Joey vs. Marik.
>Joey wins, but passes out from the Shadow Game.
>Dark Marik dies or something and regular Marik comes back.
>Mai awakens from her coma.
>Everyone thinks Joey's dead and just is pissed at Marik in general.
>Yugi gets the vision of Joey at the end of Battle City.
>Final Round is Yugi vs. Kaiba.
>In the aftermath, Marik shows Atem the tattoos on his back as penance and leaves with his family.
>Joey awakens after Alcatraz explodes.
>Yugi and Joey have a post-Battle City duel since they never got to have one in the finals.

Or something like that.
>>
>>152293333
>but all Yugi needs is a monster with more than 200 ATK
It ends like it DK, then. Kuriboh, direct attack!
>>
>>152299221
Do you think Kaiba would be saltier if he got his LP taken by Kuriboh or by Joey's Red Eyes?
>>
>>152281868
Fuck.
>>
>>152282352
So the millenium items seem to show whatever they want when they like their owner it seems.
>>
>>152299363
>strong card representing Joey
>weak card representing Yugi
Hard to tell.
>>
>>152285435
Then the final should have been Yugi, Rishid, Mai and Isis?
Because that sounds kind of anticlimatic but interesting.
>>
>>152299363
He was already pretty salty when Red Eyes beat his Blue Eyes
>>
>>152291254
His dragon boner is the strongest.
>>
>>152299735
Given his prior experiences with Kuribo that go as far back as ancient egypt, I feel he'd be saltier with Kuribo because of the subconscious salt.
>>
>>152293779
>because the writers liked him too much.
What it's not to like from Pegasus?
Everyone but Yugi and Kaiba's associates liked him.
>>
>>152293779
>He only survives in the anime because the writers liked him too much.
Which is weird considering he doesn't get used much after that anyways, his only later appearance in DM is during the Atlantis filler arc where he gets beaten off screen by Mai. After that his other appearance is painting the rainbow dragon in GX.
>>
>>152298638
I don't really see Jounouchi losing to Malik on a dumb technicality him really "losing." Anyone who has seen this duel knows that he essentially wins so he's already beaten the big bad in that aspect. To this, Kaiba acknowledges him and finally gives him the respect he deserves. Malik basically acknowledges that he lost and throws up as a result of being so repulsed by it. The guy is the most normal duelist on that blimp right now, he's just an average person among a bunch of supernatural freaks yet he managed to stand out. He took on the full wrath of God, Ra's ultimate form, and withstood it long enough to draw a new card and were it not for a single word he would've "officially" won. As far as I can see his character arc has wrapped up quite well and his growth is clear to see.

Him collapsing at the end also helps Atem develop further too if you look at the later panels where he questions himself and what he should do and it adds an extra layer of drama to the story, raising the stakes ever higher.
>>
>>152299800
How's this?

>Preliminaries
>Yugi defeats Bakura
>Rishid defeats Joey
>Ishizu defeats Marik
>Kaiba defeats Mai

Rishid inherits Ra from Marik and carries on with his will to prove himself worthy of the Ishtar family.

>Semifinals
>Rishid defeats Ishizu
>Yugi defeats Kaiba

Ishizu tries to talk Rishid out of it, but is unable to get through to him due to him being too devoted to Marik.

>Finals
>Yugi vs Rishid

Yugi has to duel a True Duelist who actually isn't an asshole in the finals.
>>
>>152300037
Oh, I didn't mean that in a bad way. I mean "liked him too much to kill him off permanently".

>>152300154
He showed up to duel a few times in GX and was there to stop a guy who stole Ra. He also had a movie appearance.
>>
>>152300693
Then everyone would be complaining about how much Marik was built up only to go out like a bitch.
>>
>>152301700
I suppose, but Marik was built up as a manipulator character who works from the shadows from the outset.

I mean, the regular Marik spends his last few moments of consciousness having someone else do his dirty work. And then comes back to have Bakura do his dirty work.

Also, the GX manga has some pretty cool cards. Big Saturn is pretty neat.
>>
>>152300693
>Rishid inherits Ra

He will never truly inherit Ra. Ra can only be controlled by certain duelists and Rishid will never be able to control it. I don't think he can even read the hieratic text.

Furthermore, what is the supposed outcome of Ishizu and Malik's duel? Are we assuming Malik will start a shadow game with his sister? If she wins then he probably dies. So then what's the point of Rishid's character? He was so devoted to Malik that there's no point in him continuing on. He would be extremely depressed.

Let's say there's no shadow duel and he just loses normally. Do you really think Malik is just going to take that defeat lying down? He's going to do some dangerous shit that compromises the whole tournament which looks weird since he's not even competing anymore.

The matchups are interesting but I don't think some of them would work well in a story.
>>
>>152302212
I dunno. Marik doing stuff in the background could possibly be interesting.
>>
>>152288616
Because he didn't expect Jo to actually survive Ra. He dicked around and tortured him instead of trying to win, and the lowly bastard actually almost survived. So he freaked out because he was about to lose his god card.
Like I said, he doesn't actually try to win until he faces Atem
>>
>>152292658
Everybody was a long legged titty monster in the GX manga as well
>>
>>152304323
Just finished Chapter 34. Judai getting BTFO by Manjoume is great.
>>
>>152282037

>That disgusted over the idea of losing to joey that he vomits

Is losing to him that bad? I could see Kaiba doing it but he's Kaiba his card autism is second to none.
>>
>>152304534
Joey lost to the weakest of the Rare Hunters and yet he almost beat the leader of them while dominating nearly the entire match.

I think he was vomiting mainly out of shock of almost losing Ra.
>>
>>152292098
>Rookie noob Judai uses the anime deck

Felt like a playful dig at the anime
>>
>>152304407
I liked how in the manga he wasn't an unbeatable god at card games like every other protag. He felt normal and it made Yugi/Atem seem all the more special
His rival was actually competent too
>>
>>152296954
In the anime Yugi pulls out some bullshit card out of nowhere called Ragnarok with a bullshit requirement and bullshit effect.
It'll probably be a much simpler way he wins in the manga. I think he uses Dimension Magic
>>
>>152304911
>Ragnarok
>Effect: Activate only while there are any 2 of Dark Sage, Dark Magician, Dark Magician Girl, or Magician of Black Chaos on the field. Remove from play all monsters from your hand, Deck and Graveyard. Destroy all monsters on your opponent's side of the field.

This might be the worst card I have ever seen.
>>
>>152304869
>next chapter is Manjoume getting BTFO by Ryo without even damaging his Life Points

Still not as hard as Asuka got rekt against David, though.
>>
>>152304952
I remember even as a kid being "WTF?" when he first pulled that. It was the dumbest card ever, he never showed any signs of owning it, and he never used it again. It nullified Kaiba's whole "mwahaha only this card can stop Ra" thing as well. They made it just for that "the spirit of my deck fights back!" moment

I really hope it was only in the anime.
>>
File: 1458133697259.jpg (61KB, 282x559px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1458133697259.jpg
61KB, 282x559px
Best girl approaching

Don't know why manga adaptations usually turn out better than the anime they're based on.
5Ds sucked though, anime was far superior
>>
>>152305118
Well it was much better for two seasons, at least.
>>
>>152293988
> Blue eyes MAX dragon

Totally not imagined by Kaiba.
>>
>>152304952
>>152305072
Thats supposed to be a card in uses against Marik in the Anime? Yeah, he doesn't use something so stupidly crazy in the manga.
>>
Did the GX anime expand on why MC wants to be in the worst house? Manga just had him saying he likes red or something.
>>
>>152306497
That's the only explanation in the anime too.
>>
File: 1480370759361.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [iqdb] [SauceNao] [Google]
1480370759361.gif
3MB, 500x281px
>>152285435
Asspulls in shonen ?!
no way!
>>
Started reading 5D's manga and I'm confused by how the card game on motorbike works. Like what's even the point of the bike or how the card game affect the race.
>>
>>152291254
In the manga at least Blue Eyes Ultimate Dragon is still treated as 3 monsters in 1 (each head can independently attack, be targeted by spells/traps, destroyed), but they're all buffed to 4500ATK. A straight upgrade from having 3 regular BEWD on the field really. The real card is shit no doubt but in the manga it's not that bad
>>
>>152293988
>Chaos MAX
chu2 as fuck
Thread posts: 251
Thread images: 104


[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]
Please support this website by donating Bitcoins to 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
If a post contains copyrighted or illegal content, please click on that post's [Report] button and fill out a post removal request
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site. This means that 4Archive shows an archive of their content. If you need information for a Poster - contact them.