[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lupin The IIIRD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 151
Thread images: 46

File: AllTehColors.jpg (262KB, 1180x885px) Image search: [Google]
AllTehColors.jpg
262KB, 1180x885px
So apparently Blue Jacket is returning for the new Goemon Film. How does this make you feel? 2 different Jacket colors.. Is such a thing possible for 1 movie?
>Inb4 Green Vs Red
>>
File: KoikeLupin.jpg (461KB, 1500x1038px) Image search: [Google]
KoikeLupin.jpg
461KB, 1500x1038px
>>152212767
and here's the proof.
>>
>>152212767
As someone who has only seen a few Lupin III movies, I have to say the pink jacket looks most fly.
>>
File: Babylon.jpg (454KB, 1000x1274px) Image search: [Google]
Babylon.jpg
454KB, 1000x1274px
>>152215160
Pink Jacket series is pretty dope and so is the Babylon movie. Not big on Cleft chins though.
>>
File: pinklupins.jpg (125KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
pinklupins.jpg
125KB, 1024x768px
>>152215543
>>
>>152216166
That outfit on the right is suave as fuck. Too bad it would look like shit in real life.
>>
>>152216320
>Too bad it would look like shit in real life.
It depends on who's wearing it.
>>
>>152213319
bob hair Fujiko is pretty cute, personally speaking of course
>>
File: Jigenmontage.jpg (2MB, 3778x3542px) Image search: [Google]
Jigenmontage.jpg
2MB, 3778x3542px
>>152217447
I like the short hair. Tis a fetish of mine, but I'm curious to why it was drastically changed if that.Could be a disguise but they haven't made that clear.
>>
>>152212767
I feel like these movies should've stayed green since that's what he wore in the Fujiko TV show.

It annoyed me in the Jigen movie too, when that was blue and then the TV show was blue but they were clearly unrelated. It's like, it just seems to be a strange point to decide to change the colour. And now they're fucking that up with black. Who's deciding to do this? Koike? Who's letting him do this? Some idiot?
>>
File: Lupinisnotamused.jpg (184KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Lupinisnotamused.jpg
184KB, 1920x1080px
>>152218406
>I feel like these movies should've stayed green since that's what he wore in the Fujiko TV show.
agreed since Green is best Jacket.
>It annoyed me in the Jigen movie too,
i'll admit I like blue despite it being a little too casual for Lupin. It was a refreshing new thing.
>when that was blue and then the TV show was blue but they were clearly unrelated
That does make is confusing since Gravestone takes place after Fujiko, and Green jacket whereas Blue Jacket series takes place much later in the timeline. having the same color will trick people into thinking it takes place around the same time, It's mostly TMS fault though since they are the ones that liked the color and wanted to use it for the series whereas Koike just wanted to use the color for his movies.
>And now they're fucking that up with black
I think it's time for a new color since we've had a ton of Blue already, but I'll admit black is not the right color. It's just too boring and there's already too much black in his outfit already.
>Who's deciding to do this? Koike?
duh
>Who's letting him do this? Some idiot?
Well considering Gravestone was very successful, they will let him do whatever he wants.

I don;t even think we'll see that much of Black Jacket in this movie anywhere. It seems like he spends most of the movie not even wearing a jacket.
>>
>>152219114
>I think it's time for a new color since we've had a ton of Blue already
A ton? One movie and one two-cour TV show, and another movie that's not out yet?
That's nothing in comparison to how much green and red there's been.

Black I think is fine. It'd suit Koike's slight grimmer, edgier approach to the look of the franchise. I think if they're changing colours it should define something. Generally it's seen as defining eras. Green = series 1 = OG, Red = series 2 = 70s, a little goofier. Pink = series 3 = 80s, a little zanier. Blue = series 4 = a return to hijinks after Koike's serious approach. In a way it reflects a certain tone, so I'd think if black could suit Koike's Lupin. But in that case do that from the start. What I don't like is that there's seemingly no rhyme or reason to the change in colour here.

As far as how they look, green and red are great, and I think blue is decent too, I would have expected it to have come before pink, but, you know... the 80s. Black is alright. It's tough to see it and not think of the overwhelming presence of FFXV as possibly an influence.

Beyond that I'm not sure they have many options. White (would make him look like a Yakuza or something), grey, brown/beige, maybe yellow? Which would be in the same ball park as brown/beige, but brighter. Yellow would be kinda hideous, I think. He's kinda forced to go for colours people would more normally wear, since if he goes for a bright colour, he's run out of primary colours, and risks having for example, purple, half blue half red, look as though it's meant to mean something...
>>
File: lupins.jpg (113KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
lupins.jpg
113KB, 1024x768px
>>152219702
>A ton? One movie and one two-cour TV show, and another movie that's not out yet?
>That's nothing in comparison to how much green and red there's been.
I think a 26 episode series, TV special, 2 OVAs and a appearance in a film is more than generous. I've had my fill and i would like Green Jacket back now. Red can wait a little longer.
>Black I think is fine. It'd suit Koike's slight grimmer, edgier approach to the look of the franchise
it's still boring as fuck and not flashy enough for Lupin. He needs COLOR. They could of easily had gone with a dark color that wasn't just straight black.
>What I don't like is that there's seemingly no rhyme or reason to the change in colour here.
Maybe he just likes his characters to change clothes more often like how people in real life typically do. I don;t see it as much as a big deal.
>Black is alright. It's tough to see it and not think of the overwhelming presence of FFXV as possibly an influence.
I strongly doubt that.
>Beyond that I'm not sure they have many options. White (would make him look like a Yakuza or something),
Would of been much better than black
>grey
Not a big difference to be honest
>brown/beige
This could work depending on the colors of the rest of his outfit.
>maybe yellow
Still better than black... though orange would of been a better choice.

Or how about purple which is the color it seems most people have been asking for for the past few years. It's clearly the next best choice.
>>
File: LupinBebopcover.jpg (414KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
LupinBebopcover.jpg
414KB, 2048x1536px
My Red Jacket DVD set came in the mail today. looks like the Amazon exclusive Bebop BD/DVD set. Granted Lupin rocks it better as usual, but they look cool side by side. Anyone else get their's yet?
>>
>>152218406
>And now they're fucking that up with black.

I was just under the impression that was his funeral jacket.
>>
>>152221130
Should that... be legal?
>>
How do y'all feel about that Zenigata live-action series?

I kinda like the idea, but the trailers were just meh. Granted, Japanese trailers for anything are almost never good. It doesn't help that it probably won't ever get subs.
>>
>>152223444
it seems like a jacket he will wear in the movie casually. They even promoted it as his next jacket. Though it may not even be in there that much.
>>152223575
that sort of style design is done all the time. Don't think anyone trademarks it.
>>152223674
It looks like shit and it will be shit. It's a live action TV drama with an anime character who is usually looked at as a bumbling but hard working detective. It's going to be stupid and it doesn't really seem like Lupin is going to be in it (thank god) which makes it even more stupid since the whole point of Zenigata is to catch Lupin. That is his life. It's going to be corny and stupid. I'll watch 1 episode down the line, but I won't enjoy it. Also if Lupin does show up at some point, he better not be played by some ugly ass jap in Lupin cosplay like the previous movie. Lupin has round eyes, long sideburns, and is said to not resemble asian. Get a handsome actor who is at least half white.
>>
>>152225175
Honestly, I think at worst it looks...bland. Ryohei Suzuki as Zenigata is fine, but everything else about it screams generic cop show.

Still, if the idea is to show what Zenigata is like as a competent cop, I'd prefer they refrain from using Lupin a whole lot. Finding a handsome white actor in JAPAN just isn't going to happen and they aren't going to spend more money to import one and teach him Japanese. So, if he does appear at all, he will probably be Japanese.
>>
File: dog.jpg (159KB, 491x750px) Image search: [Google]
dog.jpg
159KB, 491x750px
>>152218406
>Who's deciding to do this? Koike?

I think he wants to do a trilogy with 3 new different jackets, he sounds like a guy with that much ego.
Next movie will probably be on Zenigata, he is the only character left.
>>
>>152219702
>White (would make him look like a Yakuza or something)
He already wore a white jacket and he was pretty innocent in it. Black one is a lot more gangsta-like
>>
File: whitepin.jpg (51KB, 600x280px) Image search: [Google]
whitepin.jpg
51KB, 600x280px
>>152225822
I wouldn't mind a white jacket Lupin
The lack of a tie makes the outfit unofficial though
>>
File: SomeWhereOverTheRainbow.jpg (261KB, 1254x836px) Image search: [Google]
SomeWhereOverTheRainbow.jpg
261KB, 1254x836px
>>152225536
>he will probably be Japanese.
disgusting and blasphemous.

>>152225726
there was never any word about a trilogy, I just brought up the idea of a trilogy in a previous thread which I guess stuck.
>with 3 new different jackets
I thought that at first but it looks like no one is really committed to this idea since Lupin doesn't even wear a jacket at all throughout many of the scenes and Blue Jacket is said to show up in it. For all we know, he may only wear Black jacket for a scene or 2.
>Next movie will probably be on Zenigata, he is the only character left.
That's not true. Koike has not even done a Lupin movie yet. Fujiko got her own series. Koike gave Jigen 2 OVAs and now Koike is giving Goemon his own movie. Lupin is the only character of the Lupin Gang that hasn't got his own anything in this darker grittier prequel type universe. I think If Koike were to do one more film, it will be Lupin's movie. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a Zenigata movie but not made by Koike. This version of Zenigata is shit. He's too serious and he's missing the fun relationship he's suppose to have with Lupin trying to catch him in a bunch of nutty ways.
>>
>>152225822
>Black one is a lot more gangsta-like
black is dull and the most overused kind of jacket color for any suit. It's not gangsta, it's just generic as fuck. at least with white, he stands out and doesn't look like a generic henchman in a regular suit.
>>
>>152219702
> White

It's better not to relive the checkered past.

https://youtu.be/Xh47p9h20yM
>>
>>152226052
at least we can say it's still the best live action Lupin anything. It's still a fun movie and would still be better than black jacket Lupin.
>>
>>152226001
>there was never any word about a trilogy, I just brought up the idea of a trilogy in a previous thread which I guess stuck.

No way he will stop at two movies

>Lupin is the only character of the Lupin Gang that hasn't got his own anything in this darker grittier prequel type universe.

I think the whole point started with AWCFM is to make spin-off of the supporting cast and their relationship with Lupin.
I think so far Fujiko's series and Jigen's Gravestone did great in that direction
>>
>>152226052

There is one thing i will never forget about that movie, Jigen's hat.
Who saw it will understand
>>
File: fujiko.jpg (157KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
fujiko.jpg
157KB, 1280x720px
>>152217447
I never cared for how Fujiko usually looked before, but this version is really fucking sexy.
>>
>>152226077
Really? With the headscarf?
>>
>>152226077
To be honest, I actually agree with you about the movie. As an adaptation of Monkey Punch's Lupin it actually does alright.
>>
>>152226192
Also I really like this song.

https://vimeo.com/126422883
>>
>>152226147
She doesnt look a lot like Fujiko tbqh.
Except for the tits
>>
>>152226117
>No way he will stop at two movies
He hasn't done 2 movies. He's done 1 movie, a couple OVAs and some designs for the Fujiko series. He might do something else in the future but it's only speculation
>I think the whole point started with AWCFM is to make spin-off of the supporting cast and their relationship with Lupin.
I don't think it was there intention to do a whole spinoff saga. I believe they only did Gravestone because the Fujiko series was a pretty big success. If They had it all planned out, Gravestone would of been a feature length film and not 2 OVAs.
>I think so far Fujiko's series and Jigen's Gravestone did great in that direction
yeah cause those characters work fine in that universe. Good ol' fun Zenigata wouldn't because what makes him such a great character goes against what this universe is going for which is why I say they would most likely go with Lupin next instead of Zenigata.
>>
>>152212767
The lack of fan-art of the new Lupin bothers me
>>
>>152226147
I need to see bare chested short haired Fujiko. Please let this happen.
>>152226768
well the only real thing that separates all anime girls is the hair. every fucking face looks the same for the most part and some real minor things.
>>
>>152213319
The axes and probably the teeth are going to be the same material of Goemon's sword.
>>
File: Goemooooooonnn.jpg (259KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
Goemooooooonnn.jpg
259KB, 1200x900px
>>152226965
what do you expect. it's same Lupin but with a less cool jacket. I don't know why you want it so badly. Plus we've only know about Black jacket for about 2 months.
>>
File: CyGM2xeXcAEYcmO.jpg (65KB, 568x640px) Image search: [Google]
CyGM2xeXcAEYcmO.jpg
65KB, 568x640px
>>152227038
what made you think that? I just assumed he was a badass who got all his teeth knocked out and placed them with metal ones.
>>
>>152227022
Come on. It's Koike Lupin. Titties are guaranteed.
>>
>>152226960
Jigen's graveston was supposed to be a movie, they even put it in some cinemas in japan.

>Good ol' fun Zenigata wouldn't

I think you can say the same for Goemon, but i agree, Koike's Zenigata can be improved
>>
>>152227084
You aren't so badass if you get all you teeth knocked out.
btw the fact that he is a enemy of Goemon is a clue
>>
>>152227055
It bothers me because it means not that many knows/care about the movie
>>
>>152226147
>>152226768
I agree, she's still attractive sure but it just doesn't give me the Fujiko vibe and I'm not really feeling it
>>
>>152227411
so all Goemon enemies suddenly have a piece of whatever unstoppable metal thats on his sword? this seems a little farfetched
>>
File: ItsEverywhere.jpg (203KB, 1008x756px) Image search: [Google]
ItsEverywhere.jpg
203KB, 1008x756px
>>152227561
yeah here. It's literally being marketed to death in Japan. It's literally everywhere so dont worry.
>>152227584
maybe you're just a homosexual?
>>
>>152227604
Actually some of them have. Btw the sword seems to be important to the movie so it is possible
>>
>>152227660
Maybe you missed the still attractive part

It's like Lupin with longer hair or his sideburns chopped off, Jigen with stubble or Goemon with a buzz cut. They might still pull it off but it just doesn't quite feel right.
>>
File: Clgv4qZUkAASBqE.jpg (60KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Clgv4qZUkAASBqE.jpg
60KB, 1024x576px
>>152227756
oh come on. her hair isn't as iconic as Lupins sideburns and Jigen's beard. Her hairstyle literally changes from movie to movie. She can't even keep it one color. Sometimes it's brown, other times it blonde, red, even multicolored.

Also Lupin technically did have longer hair which was shown in Green Vs Red where Yasuo Slicks it back to give it that short look. Recently they finally decided to stop doing that shit and made it short which would explain why his hair is sometimes black and sometimes a brownish color like in Part 4.
>>
Blue jacket is the /fa/est jacket.

Nostalgiafags need not to apply.
>>
File: PirateLupin.jpg (26KB, 610x343px) Image search: [Google]
PirateLupin.jpg
26KB, 610x343px
>>152228535
>/fa/est jacket
it's literally the most casually boring look. It's not even technically the most fashionable Lupin suit. At least Blue Jacket despite it not being my favorite still has way more personality than an all black suit. You can't impress anyone with such a lazy look, and Lupin is all about personality.
>>
File: Lupinstanding.jpg (143KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
Lupinstanding.jpg
143KB, 1024x576px
>>152228751
>>152228751
i'm referring to black, I agree with Blue.. although I still think Green is the most beautiful. You have to have balls to rock it though.

Nothing even comes close on an animated level.
>>
File: L22-21.png (213KB, 514x385px) Image search: [Google]
L22-21.png
213KB, 514x385px
Pink Rupan has the best jacket, too bad they didnt used it more often
>>
>>152227038
Wouldn't that make him incapable of eating konnyaku?
>>
File: lupinpart3.jpg (188KB, 550x749px) Image search: [Google]
lupinpart3.jpg
188KB, 550x749px
>>152228901
Don't complain. You got 50 episodes and a whole movie. Technically that's more than Green Jacket got in terms of hours.
>>
>>152228955
Why?
>>
>>152229023
Zantetsuken can cut through anything, except konnyaku. Don't know how well it fares against nata de coco, though.
>>
>>152212767
Technically he also wore a black jacket briefly in one episode of Part 3.
>>
>>152229196
technically he wore a black suit in the beginning of Fuma Conspiracy too anon. He also had on glasses too which made him cute as fuck and I aint even a faggot.. Though if someone got any pics of that scene, do share.
>>
File: 50th.jpg (19KB, 450x350px) Image search: [Google]
50th.jpg
19KB, 450x350px
so what are they gonna do for the 50th anniversary
>>
You guys keep saying Koikethis, Koike that, but you do Know he's only in charge of making the animations and coi designs? If the plot is a clusterfuck or the characters don't act like they "should", it isn't his call.
>>
File: ....png (496KB, 901x677px) Image search: [Google]
....png
496KB, 901x677px
>>152229305
I think you are talking about this, even if i remember it differently.
Also black suit Lupin made a cameo in Red vs Green

>>152229196

When?
>>
>>152229767
He's the director. He isn't some puppet who is only doing the designs. He has plenty of control over his projects.
>>
>>152229661
New manga! Nah i actually think Lupin works better if animated

I was going to say that since there is already a movie this year, they arent going to do anything more.
But the movie will go out in two months, so they'd still have plenty of time to make an announcement.
I dont think its going to be a second season for Part 4, maybe something more nostalgical?
A story about the family of Lupin would be cool
>>
File: Lupin_s03_ep043_01.jpg (54KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Lupin_s03_ep043_01.jpg
54KB, 640x480px
>>152229797
It's more grayish than I remember, actually. So maybe gray rather than black.

This one is kind of different from the Fuma Conspiracy once since it's Lupin's usual clothing but gray/black rather than a different outfit altogether.
>>
>>152229965
I have never seen Lupin with a normal non cartoony face in any Pink Jacket screenshot.. I've seen a few but they were of him from the earlier episodes when he had a cleft chine which is ugly.

Does anyone have a normal non cleft chin version of pink jacket Lupin from the Part 3 series?
>>
>>152230082
>non cartoony face in any Pink Jacket screenshot

Wow this is true, btw Part 3 had a lot of different animators, so you can find the one you prefer by typing "Lupin part 3" on google
>>
>>152229965
Wow this is really weird to watch
>>
File: RockyMusic.gif (855KB, 250x187px) Image search: [Google]
RockyMusic.gif
855KB, 250x187px
>>152230238
imma let you do this for me.
>>
>>152229965
Looks like a Zenigata/Lupin mashup
>>
Is Lisa the cutest Lupin girl?

Also which movie should I watch next since I've only seen the Ghibli one and Another Page? I've got Hemmingway Paper lined up for tonight.
>>
>>152231737
Jigen's gravestone.
>>
>>152232055

Will get round to it tonight. Has Neo finished subbing the second and third seasons or have they not been released on BD yet? I was planning on watching a good chunk of the movies before delving into the series itself.
>>
>>152232121
You could watch the Fujiko serie, Jigen's gravestone and season 4 in this order to get started on Lupin since they're kind of but not really like a reboot.
>>
I recently rewatched Cagliostro and I feel that while it's impeccable as an OAV it doesn't really feel like a Lupin movie/episode. Lupin is too much of a white knight and the rest of the main cast but Zenigata is basically thrown away.
>>
So, how should I start getting into Lupin? I only really know Castle Cagliostro and I've also seen one where he needs to run away from a CGI boulder, don't remember much else.
>>
>>152233672
There is no specific order except what >>152232255 said, you could just go by release date. Some of the films are subpar, though.
>>
Wasn't there also a Lupin series set in the bakumatsu era recently? What was the verdict on that one?
>>
>>152232055
This
>>
>>152234617
That wasn't Lupin, you dumb fuck.
>>
>>152212767
>that receding hair
Age did not treat him well
>>
>>152235219
The funny thing is that despite a lot of people calling Lupin handsome Monkey Punch meant him to be a bit on the ugly side, making him sport a literal monkey face.
>>
This has to be the most autistic Lupin thread yet.

Who can care about a jacket this much. It will still be Lupin even if he is naked.
>>
>>152232121
Start with Green series then do whatever you want
>>
>>152234617
What? I remember Lupin VIII But It isnt recent And was set in The future
>>
>>152229895
>A story about the family of Lupin would be cool

It would be nice to see a loose adaptation of the young Lupin stories from the manga.
>>
>>152240255
You mean Lupin Kozou?
>>
>>152235219
>that receding hair
But it's not?
>>
spoonfeed me something, /a/

how are the Fujiko series, the Jigen movie, the most recent series and this new Goemon movie related?
>>
File: 698.jpg (390KB, 1024x1519px) Image search: [Google]
698.jpg
390KB, 1024x1519px
>>152240375
No, I mean the chapters from the original manga.
>>
>>152240629
In thè manga canon Zenigata was Lupin's sempai in highschool
>>
>>152240551
All are set before the first series, except for Blupin series
>>
>>152241159
I thought Jigen's gravestone was supposed to be between season 1 and season 2.
>>
File: lupin.jpg (258KB, 938x999px) Image search: [Google]
lupin.jpg
258KB, 938x999px
>>152212767
>Inb4 Green Vs Red

Is this even up for debate?
>>
File: 5.jpg (1MB, 1457x1105px) Image search: [Google]
5.jpg
1MB, 1457x1105px
>>152241089
> Manga canon

Lol.

But seriously though, that was actually in the college chapters.
>>
>>152241435
Yes.
>>
File: lupinl.jpg (20KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
lupinl.jpg
20KB, 480x360px
>>152242900
Nice dubs
>>
Any chance they continue blue jacket?
>>
>>152243941

It might get a second season, but until next year at the very earliest.
>>
>>152243941
Probably, but we've not heard anything about a new series yet.
>>
>>152241784

Monkey Punch always reminds me of the Mad Magazine art style from the 70s-80s. Wonder if there was any influence (either direction)
>>
>>152245273
He was definitely inspired by MAD Magazine. It gets brought up pretty much every article about him.
>>
>>152238352
The jacket color is really closely associated with the version of the character being presented. So that explains the autism to a degree.
>>
>>152241784
I don't suppose a digital rip of the manga exists, right?
>>
>>152247902
No idea. I'm not even sure if there are digital versions to rip from.>>152247902
>>
>>152240629
Wow this Lupin is sexy.
And they actually used this outfit in the flashback of the anime
>>
File: 696.jpg (295KB, 1024x1519px) Image search: [Google]
696.jpg
295KB, 1024x1519px
>>152249942
That's just the shirt underneath his school uniform, anon.
>>
>>152250441
He really changed a lot
>>
>>152250695
People don't usually look the same as they did in middle school.
>>
>>152217927
Holy shit that steak looks way too comically large.
>>
So what's the timeline?

>Lupin
>Timeline

I thought Blue Jacket was the earliest but some of the talk here makes it sound like it's not so I'm confused now.
>>
>>152253020
Nah, there are definitely steaks like that in real life.
>>
>>152253169
Nigger no. The steak looks like 6x larger than the fork.
>>
>>152253490
> He doesn't eat steak with a cocktail fork
>>
wow thread is still alive
>>
>>152241159
are you retarded?

Only The Fujiko series is set before Green Jacket.

Gravestone takes place AFTER Green Jacket because the end sets up the Mamo story which is red jacket. Same with the Goemon movie.

Blue Jacket obviously takes place much later.
>>
File: lupintimeline1.jpg (992KB, 600x5000px) Image search: [Google]
lupintimeline1.jpg
992KB, 600x5000px
>>152253110
Why the fuck would you think Blue Jacket would be the earliest? why do you think it's called Part 4. It obviously takes Place Later. This is the general idea of how the timeline works.

Fujiko Series
Green Jacket
Jigen's Gravestone
Mamo
Goemon Film (maybe)
Red Jacket
Pink Jacket
Gold Babylon
Blue Jacket

Most of the movies are guessing game. I'd assume most of them take place sometime during and after red jacket series. There are some like Cagliostro and Voyage to Danger that take place much later. Then you have some movies that aren't canon like Elusive Fog and Return of Pycal. Though calling any film canon is debatable but if no film is canon then shit like Gravestone and Mamo doesn't really matter. Cagliostro is assumed to be canon because it's even mentioned in Blue Jacket.
>>
File: ThisIsWhatYouNeedToWatch.jpg (211KB, 1250x649px) Image search: [Google]
ThisIsWhatYouNeedToWatch.jpg
211KB, 1250x649px
For anyone who wants to get into Lupin, please ignore all of these posts. Just look at pic related, and stay away from anons shitty bias opinions.
>>
File: ZenigatasFace.gif (880KB, 300x200px) Image search: [Google]
ZenigatasFace.gif
880KB, 300x200px
Napoleon isn't the best movie but holy fuck this scene made my year. The facial expressions on Zenigata are priceless. He's genuinely happy he caught Lupin.
>>
File: BlackJacketLups.jpg (184KB, 901x1200px) Image search: [Google]
BlackJacketLups.jpg
184KB, 901x1200px
I think Black Jacket would be less shit if it had red shirt
>>
>>152244074
>>152243941
im doubting it since the rating werent that good. It was their own fault for not marketing it. It would be nice though.
>>
>>152241351
it is. He just doesn't know what he's talking about.

Gravestone is after Green Jacket but before Mamo which is early Red Jacket
>>
File: smileylupin.jpg (55KB, 750x400px) Image search: [Google]
smileylupin.jpg
55KB, 750x400px
>>152237057
I go by based on the drawings. In most cases he's handsome as fuck. The whole monkey thing never made any sense since he doesn't resemble one at all.
>>
>>152261951
It's the sideburns and the curled smile.
>>
>>152262577
that's literally stupid. Unless he looks like Raiki Gouriki from Shimoneta, the resemblance of any sort of primate is so minuscule no person watching it would ever think that.
>>
File: lupin on pony.png (1MB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
lupin on pony.png
1MB, 960x720px
>>152263233
Look, I get it, someone said something mean about your husbando.
>>
File: CagliostroLupin.jpg (31KB, 745x411px) Image search: [Google]
CagliostroLupin.jpg
31KB, 745x411px
>>152263462
well at least you are aware...
>>
File: EvilLupin.jpg (45KB, 720x540px) Image search: [Google]
EvilLupin.jpg
45KB, 720x540px
Spinoff series when?
>>
Once upon time Lupin threads werent so full of shit.
That's why they barely survive now
>>
>>152255249
>Gravestone takes place AFTER Green Jacket because the end sets up the Mamo story which is red jacket.

The only way to know if you are right is if Goemon was in the story and they already knew him
>>
File: LupinVIII.jpg (41KB, 400x354px) Image search: [Google]
LupinVIII.jpg
41KB, 400x354px
>>152239997
Oh, le france
>>
File: Mamo.jpg (114KB, 985x667px) Image search: [Google]
Mamo.jpg
114KB, 985x667px
>>152265155
It's common sense anon

End of Gravestone sets up the beginning of Mamo.

>Gravestone - Zenigata finds their tombstones
>Mamo - Zenigata searches for Lupin in Transylvania because he doesn't think he's dead.
This would mean they don't see each other in the time between the 2 stories so if that were the case, that would mean Gravestone takes place after Green Jacket because Goemon is in Mamo, but they don't even meet Goemon until 4 episodes into Green Jacket so ot can't take place before.
>>
>>152265948
The Samurai spacesuit was pretty cool.
>>
File: LupinBoyardee.jpg (102KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
LupinBoyardee.jpg
102KB, 1024x576px
He's a nice man.
>>
File: HeSmiles.jpg (24KB, 560x359px) Image search: [Google]
HeSmiles.jpg
24KB, 560x359px
>>152266462
yeah he smiles.
>>
File: ButHeGetsAngrySometimes.gif (989KB, 300x226px) Image search: [Google]
ButHeGetsAngrySometimes.gif
989KB, 300x226px
but he gets angry... Sometimes
>>
>>152265985
But in Mamo, a Lupin clone was actually killed.

The only thing certain about Jigen's Gravestone placement is that it's before the Mamo movie since Mamo is still alive, but the supposed death there has nothing to do with the one from the Mamo movie.

Jigen's Gravestone easily could be before Green Jacket too, which makes the most sense to me considering how it seems to be one of the first missions where Jigen and Lupin are working together.
>>
>>152266722
>But in Mamo, a Lupin clone was actually killed.
How is that relevant?
>but the supposed death there has nothing to do with the one from the Mamo movie.
says who? It makes the most sense to do it that way or else there would of been no point to have the Mamo thing at all if it wasn't going to lead into it smoothly.
>Jigen's Gravestone easily could be before Green Jacket too,
but that's a stupid idea though. Ruins all the fun .
It's a safe bet to say Gravestone takes place after Green Jacket but not long before Mamo.
>>
>>152266982
>How is that relevant?

Lol.
>>
>>152212767
>not a white jacket with black shirt and yellow tie
One job Koike
>>
>>152267402
he already have too many black shirts in his outfits tbqh
>>
File: GoneWithTheWind.gif (916KB, 500x280px) Image search: [Google]
GoneWithTheWind.gif
916KB, 500x280px
>>152267908
Black jacket is literally all black which is disgusting. Who the fuck wears a black jacket with black shirt, black pants, and black shoes. That's retarded. If you're going to have a black jacket, at least make the shirt Red or Purple, and have the pants be something else. The idea of Black jacket in general sounds very plain anyway.

Koike just isn't good with colors. He had an alright idea with blue jacket, but when Part 4 came around, they realized there was too much black in the blue jacket outfit, so they improved it by giving it very light grey slacks instead of a black shirt on black pants.

the fuck is with his obsession with black.
>>
>>152268056
The shirt looks more grey than black in the OP's image, but yeah full black isnt a good choice
>>
File: CyGM2jQXAAAP8N1.jpg (44KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
CyGM2jQXAAAP8N1.jpg
44KB, 640x360px
>>152268417
that's a backlighted version of the original pic which is why it looks more grey. the shirt itself is black, but a light black.
>>
>>152268780
Now i remember why i didn't notice the jacket in the trailer the first time i saw it
>>
I'm just glad there's a show with adult protagonists in anime for once. Competent ones at that.
Why is that so rare?
>>
>>152269166
Well in Lupin's case, it has to do with it being 50 years old. It began at a time before MCs were mostly young boys in school. I think they just do it now because they think having kids as the MCs is relatable and will make people more interested since most anime is for kids and teens. That's one of the many reasons why a lot of anime suffers from having shit characters because they're all the same type of people.
>>
>>152269166
Another era
>>
>Arsene Lupin
>Ishikawa Goemon
>Heiji Zenigata

I feel bad for Jigen, he is the only one who doesnt have famous ancestors

Bluepin also have descendants for Holmes and Watson
>>
File: jigen.jpg (135KB, 1119x1539px) Image search: [Google]
jigen.jpg
135KB, 1119x1539px
>>152273780
Someone has to be famous first, Jigen could start the legacy.
>>
>>152275433
Let's be honest, he is to afraid of women to get laid
Thread posts: 151
Thread images: 46

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.